New D'Angelo Album "Black Messiah" Dropping 12/16!!

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only listened to the intro. Is this a rap album or not?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only listened to the intro. Is this a rap album or not?
    giphy.gif
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess it's not, pass
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Damn, I knew the ? had a drug problem , I didnt know it was ? tho. Glad he's doing better.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I knew the ? had a drug problem , I didnt know it was ? tho. Glad he's doing better.

Yeah I heard it was coke... just figured he was snortin not smokin
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Imma post this review even tho I posted his JCole review and he got crucified... good review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmzkeqZ3AW8
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went and picked up this and j coles latest today.

Im impressed, my head hasn't stopped nodding yet.

"really love" is a really pretty song, definitely gives you that springtime puppy love feeling. You can definitely play that when you invite ya lady over.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    me everytime It aint easy come on (its on repeat too)
    that-boy-s-good-o.gif

props to whoever dropped the lyrics D's voice always gets muffled in the groove to me like Parliament/Funkadelic music. The ? is sooooo funky the beat and voices go together so tight you cant make out the gems they dropping. But once you hear it they have a ? like
    giphy.gif
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All jokes aside, this some grade A powerful music. ? that stick to ya ribs man.

A ? feel so good right now.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    Imma post this review even tho I posted his JCole review and he got crucified... good review

679704546860421802.gif

Please stop with that ? ass peckerwood's opinion of black music. Good or bad, we couldn't give a ? less.

Pretty ignorant...

But ok
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole side A has high playback value, powerful music, presence and lyrics (first 5 tracks), Side B im still sifting through.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Been listing to this all day. Been like this....

Ddo1Guc.gif

Especially to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6ADCTmaNA
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE BLACK MUSIC EXPERIENCE.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

679704546860421802.gif

Please stop with that ? ass peckerwood's opinion of black music. Good or bad, we couldn't give a ? less.

Pretty ignorant...

But ok
    With that comes uneducated, unauthentic, white fans with uninformed opinions placing the people that look like them on a pedestal in a culture that is not theirs, but is dictated in part by them because of their numbers in society, and dollars.

The rule of thumb that white people don't seem to understand is, Hip-Hop is not Hip-Hop if it does not somehow directly reflect contemporary African American life or interest. It has to SOMEHOW tie back to ? in some way, whether your trying to preserve the fundamentals of the game, reflect the walks of life for black people, or push the black agenda.

Trying to keep a culture created by black and brown people for black and brown people away from a people who does not have its best interest at heart is truly ignorant. *sarcasm* And that ? has a history of ? on empowering artists and music in favor of "turn up" type ? . So know who and what you're dealing with before you call someone ignorant.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program... Black Messiah... Classic or too soon?
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

679704546860421802.gif

Pretty ignorant...

But ok
    With that comes uneducated, unauthentic, white fans with uninformed opinions placing the people that look like them on a pedestal in a culture that is not theirs, but is dictated in part by them because of their numbers in society, and dollars.

The rule of thumb that white people don't seem to understand is, Hip-Hop is not Hip-Hop if it does not somehow directly reflect contemporary African American life or interest. It has to SOMEHOW tie back to ? in some way, whether your trying to preserve the fundamentals of the game, reflect the walks of life for black people, or push the black agenda.

Trying to keep a culture created by black and brown people for black and brown people away from a people who does not have its best interest at heart is truly ignorant. *sarcasm* And that ? has a history of ? on empowering artists and music in favor of "turn up" type ? . So know who and what you're dealing with before you call someone ignorant.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program... Black Messiah... Classic or too soon?

Too soon, but give it some time, it definitely sounds like it got the replay value needed
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo real talk, i been going through some ? , but this album has put me in a really good place/mindset the same way brown sugar/voodoo did (i heard them both at the same time many many years ago, was kinda late on the neo soul train).
    its crazy how music can effect your outlook on life. Amazing album, cant even pick a favourite track they all so good....1000 deaths probably my least fav though.

im just so happy to see that he didnt sell out, i was slightly scared he would try to cater to todays audiences and go that musiq soulchild route.

so ? happy for this dude
  • BoogaSuga
    Options

679704546860421802.gif

Pretty ignorant...

But ok

So know who and what you're dealing with before you call someone ignorant.

Called your statement ignorant not you... dont wanna do this in here tho...

Back to topic at hand...

Classic
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to hear from him again. I got to check it out.