2015 MLB Thread (Offseason Pages 1-28)

Options

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Damn and he's 19....Yankees need another young star b, let's do it.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have a problem with these foreigners coming over and get thrown a ? load of money and but American kids gotta go through the draft. That ? don't sit right with me even though the Sox came out big with Abreau
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that the A's were looking at Marcus Semien, Carlos Sanchez, or Micah Johnson. If they don't include Tim Anderson in that deal I'm all for it. It also said the White Sox have international bonus pool money and looking at another Cuban defector 21 y/o 2B Andy Ibanez and that dude Moncado
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Damn and he's 19....Yankees need another young star b, let's do it.

They're on him along wit several other teams but it will take a huge investment unprecedented for an international amateur player.If he's declared a free agent before july 2,2015 I'd say the yanks,angels or red sox will sign him.If he he waits til after july 2nd

ejttgm.jpg

You know where he's going
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yea yea I seen it. Peter Angelos cheap ass
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Mariners needed a bat but safeco field isnt a hr hitters park.Don't know about this one regardless orioles reign on the top will be shorter than leprechauns
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mariners needed a bat but safeco field isnt a hr hitters park.Don't know about this one regardless orioles reign on the top will be shorter than leprechauns

Exactly. I think rhey were better off trading for Upton
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    This bobblehead cac jon lester is holding up the whole free agency market like lebron did.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

Exactly. I think rhey were better off trading for Upton

Matt Kemp and Upton are still trade options.Cruz supposed to play DH braves were asking for tajuan walker which is one of the mariners top if not the top pitching prospect which is ridiculous since upton will be a free agent next winter now the dodgers insisting the mariners include walker.So it depends what the mariners want to do
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man we gotta keep kemp
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the yankees are in pursuit of andrew miller whether its to lower robertson asking price or if its real who knows but if they get him and re sign robertson to go along with betances ? even warren was solid for them last year -- as the tigers have shown you can have the last 3 cy young award winners in your rotation but if your bullpen aint ? you aint ?

whatever happens with that i still got my money on the yankees signing a top notch starter before the offseason is finished -- no way they just sitting on the front porch with the rest of us poor folk while teams in their division try and load up especially with no mo/jeter farewell tours to appease fans
  • ckfree
    Options
    lets see if lester past comments about loving boston wanting to retire as a red sox and taking less money to do it were his true feelings or was he just talking to talk

something tells me its the latter he would have been signed instead of making all these trips

he wants the best of both worlds
  • ckfree
    Options
    JOSH DONALDSON, BILLY BEANE CLASHED OVER OFF DAYS

http://bloguin.com/theoutsidecorner/the-locker/josh-donaldson-billy-beane-clashed-days.html

Scott Miller of Bleacher Report paints the picture of star player clashing swords with his GM over what seems to be a largely mundane situation.
    Multiple sources cite a verbal altercation between the two after Donaldson told manager Bob Melvin he needed a couple of days off after Oakland had played several days in a row. The story goes, Beane told Donaldson if he needed a couple of days off, the club should put him on the disabled list, and that made Donaldson unhappy.

[…]

“Donaldson told the manager he needed a blow, and [Bob] Melvin said, ‘You got it,’ ” the source said. “Then that night’s lineup came out and Billy asked, ‘Where’s Donaldson?’ ”

When told what happened, the source says, an angry Beane demanded that Melvin put Donaldson back into the lineup.

“They got into it in the coach’s office,” the source says, describing a scene in which Beane lit into Donaldson, with the third baseman reiterating his need for a day off and petulantly calling Beane “Billy Boy.”

“Nobody talks to Billy that way,” the source said. “It did not surprise me in the least that he got rid of Donaldson.”
  • Stew
    Options
    Markakis agreed to the Braves...........

tumblr_inline_mx56qeq6Lq1qhld0x.gif
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Unless somethin changes at the last second Yankees about to sign andrew miller.Dodgers are the 4th team to offer Lester a contract so it's between Giants,Red Sox,Cubs And Dodgers for Lester and Justin Upton will most likely be traded at the winter meetings next week.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn it dodgers keepin aj ellis
  • ckfree
    Options
    i dont understand the fascination with melky cabrera

ped use
    compensation attachment
    rumors of looking for a 5 year deal

n

o

p

e

nope nope nope

hopefully hahn can get somebody to bite on viciedo 4.4 mil contract during next week winter meetings either way bodies will be flying soon
  • Stew
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Markakis agreed to the Braves...........

tumblr_inline_mx56qeq6Lq1qhld0x.gif

Good move Dan. Braves overpaid. He should be fine for a year or so.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Yanks sign Andrew Miller 4 years 36 mil
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Signing Andrew Miller GOAT...now David Robertson has no leverage so he'll probably leave us but we still got Betances so we'll be straight.

I'm optimistic about this Didi Gregorious trade too. He's like a slap singles hitter but if he could get on base consistently we'd be good ? he's a quality defender, definitely an upgrade over Jeter the GOAT's defense last year. I liked Shane Greene he still might be a quality starter but we should be straight.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Red Sox owner flew to Lesters House in georgia last night.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Red Sox owner flew to Lesters House in georgia last night.

Real af. Glad he's getting this much respect after the disrespect they showed him before he left for the A's.

Ortiz spoke out for him as well.

He supposed to be making his decision soon like in the next few days or so.I have no idea where he's gonna sign a month ago I woulda said the cubs easily, 2 weeks ago red sox,I read bruce bochy flew to his crib and made a good impression and tim hudson and jake peavy was tellin him about the giants.

He doing his due diligence for damn sure it's been 5 weeks once he makes a choice the rest of free agency will go down in a flurry just like the nba when lebron did.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tigers are dealing Porcello for Cespedes and filler.

More than likely they sign Mccarthy too.

I like Cespedes, but we need another left hand bat or switch hitter.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Orioles lost miller,markakis,cruz and now dan duquette might take the blue jays president of baseball operations offer

#shorterthanleprechauns
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Tigers are dealing Porcello for Cespedes and filler.

More than likely they sign Mccarthy too.

I like Cespedes, but we need another left hand bat or switch hitter.

Is this a rumor? Cuz this isn't being reported anywhere