2015 MLB Thread (Offseason Pages 1-28)

Options

Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Happy for Kershaw. Still got that Peyton in him tho.

Happy for Stanton. Media gonna start hatin on him just bcuz of the contract tho.

Peyton how so he got one ring kershaw aint even been to world series
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston is serious about resigning Lester.6 years 120-130 is what they're preparing to offer is what I read

It's either the cubs or red sox the team who don't get him then will probably go after shields,hamels or scherzer
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Happy for Kershaw. Still got that Peyton in him tho.

Happy for Stanton. Media gonna start hatin on him just bcuz of the contract tho.

Peyton how so he got one ring kershaw aint even been to world series

Before and even after Peyton got his ring, his playoff failures are alarming. They are both regular season phenoms. Kershaw will have to get that ring to live up to his hype. Just like Peyton did.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Boston is serious about resigning Lester.6 years 120-130 is what they're preparing to offer is what I read

It's either the cubs or red sox the team who don't get him then will probably go after shields,hamels or scherzer

Definitely. No losers either way. Definite pitching upgrades one way or the other for the Sox and Cubs.

Interested to see where the others fall though. Hope the Yankees don't get one.

Peter Gammons said the yankees in the cut as a dark horse
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That stanton contract is damn near official they're finalizing it right now 13 years 325 mil.I bet he's traded to the yankees or dodgers by 2017
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Russel Martin signs wit the blue Jays 5 years 82 mil and Jason Heyward traded to the cards for shelby miller
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Martin signs wit the blue Jays 5 years 82 mil and Jason Heyward traded to the cards for shelby miller

IF ST LOUIS CAN RESIGN HEYWARD, THEY GOT A STEAL. Martin got paid.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

Yea that heyward acquisition is a good look for the cards.If it wasn't a 2-3 year contract I wanted no parts of russell martin he'll be 32 in february look at his numbers before this year.I'm glad the blue jays signed duke for real
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol I remember Heyward was hyped a few years ago.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I remember Heyward was hyped a few years ago.

Yea, but dude hasn't been right after that pitch to the face.

I would STILL take him though. He is a good defender, decent arm, can hit for power batting lefty.

Wish the Tigers would have offered Purcell for him, Miller was bad this year.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Lol Heyward with the Cards now, bet money he turns into the star he was supposed to be now that he's with them. Smh, I hate them ? .
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if Justin Upton is traded too.Now the Blue Jays goin after Lester jays gm ? anthrpopolpous doin it wrong
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got damn at that stanton deal but if youre gonna do it thats how you do it pay for future success none of that pujols ?

interested to see if this deal joe mauered the marlins ability to add and extend going forward though one would think not since their owner some how got marlin park to be publicly funded but this is loria
  • ckfree
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

Yea that heyward acquisition is a good look for the cards.If it wasn't a 2-3 year contract I wanted no parts of russell martin he'll be 32 in february look at his numbers before this year.I'm glad the blue jays signed duke for real

word this guy bounces around with short term deals since leaving l.a and has an offensive year thats the definition of outlier and still gets 80 mil

even though theres no cap its still stupid money
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hearing Lester back with the sox is a 99% done deal
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Sandoval is out here now freezing his ass off ? is about to pop off
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Unless frisco gives sandoval an extra year I think he's headed to boston and Lester has to visit the braves and talk to the Cards(smdh) but I think he's gonna return to the red sox,they made both these players their priorities.Things can always change but peter gammons is plugged wit boston sources and said the cubs fo think he's gonna sign wit boston.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i here scherzer coming back to detroit
  • ckfree
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    i here scherzer coming back to detroit

yea supposedly the rumor is theyre trying to trade price to free up room for max
  • ckfree
    Options
    white sox signed zach duke for 3 years $15 million the other day smh he is proof that if you are a soft tossing lefty you can make a nice long lucrative career out of being mediocre with the occasional teaser year and become a very rich man -- he credited his success last year to changing his delivery but what else is he gonna say -- i just know relievers be having up and down years all the time very few are consistent

boone logan got a 3 year $16.5 deal last off season from the rockies and went 25 innings with an 6.84 era in his first year hopefully zach fairs better

in other white sox news dodgers apparently are pursuing alexei ramirez aggresively if joc pederson is somehow involved in this ? man smh
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I highly doubt the dodgers will include pederson in any trades for ramirez
  • ckfree
    Options
    yea thats more than wishful thinking they do have a couple of promising ss so im surprised they are pursuing alexei aggressively they might be willing to move one

as long as its not any of those outfielders theyre trying to move
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I don't know what the cubs gonna do.The options are give Lester or Scherzer a monster contract or sign Shields or trade for Hamels or sign some mid tier cats like mccarthy,hammels,masterson,ervin santana etc

Phillies want an arm and a leg(Like bryant AND russell) for Hamels so they can kiss my ass.Shields I don't particularly want don't know man.I rather let the prospects develop together,add a vet bat or 2 and go all out for price and zimmerman a year from now
  • ckfree
    Options
    that trade for la stella was interesting because hes theo type of player he hits for contact he has absolutely NO RANGE in the field though and is a poor fielder as well and cant really do nothing else but hit and if you look at it castro really isnt theo type of player -- i wonder if they decide to move castro

cubs are still early enough in the process that there are plenty of holes to fill so no reason to really trip off not signing someone this off season but lester would be really nice but its looking unlikely now with what gammons said