2015 MLB Thread (Offseason Pages 1-28)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That 30 for 30 on el duque and his bro livian hernandez comes on tonight on espn at 9pm est to anyone who wanna watch.The trailer looked interesting.I'mma dvr it and watch tomorrow
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    hopefully the white sox can get vmart to sign a two year deal with a club option for a 3rd year or something but i doubt it i think he stays in detroit

all this excitement coming from the other side of the city got me feeling like will before uncle phil helped him find an apartment on the last episode of fresh prince just the same ol same ol i dont expect the white sox to be a serious bidder for the top free agents -- though -- watch how they end up with another slow lumbering power hitter who bats south of .230 and ks over 150 times

hopefully viciedo isnt the starting lf come opening day or else it will have been a sad off season for rick hahn

Vmart will get atleast a 4yr deal at 60million. If he only wants 2, the Tigers will overpay to have him back.
    The Sox will have to outbid the Tigers, and if they do, it may be the death blow to the Tigers.

thats one upside to signing vmart besides protecting abreu you get to weaken a division rival but i dont know man he getting up there in age

hes defintely looking for long term security if theres no market for him hes better off just staying with detroit all things considering

Yea, which is why Cleveland is going to try to poach him too. I hope Dombrowski gives him 60 mill over 3 years. We gotta keep him.

Him batting behind Abreau would be potent add in Garcia,I would hate to see it.

he will turn 36 so its not like hes getting any better and thats the thing that scares me he had damn near career highs in every category and the funny thing about career highs is that due to being the career high they only happen once and i highly doubt that after his age 23 to age 34 seasons of playing baseball and then having his career year at 35 that he will be able to actually TOP that in his age 36 season i think its all downhill from here on out lol

thats why a two year deal with a club option would be goat but somebody gonna overpay they always do

True but look at Big Papi in Boston. He is still a good hitter at 39. For the Tigers, he KEEPS us dangerous, For the Sox, it MAKES you Dangerous, For Cleveland it turns them into a legit threat.

Vmart is 1 of the best hitters from BOTH sides in the mlb, and he is a disciplined batter, really patient, add in US Cellular field for the majority of his at bats, White Sox win this division by 7 games.

WHOA.....Whoa I was wit you until this part.I think the indians and white sox will compete for the al central next year but until they revamp that bullpen white sox aint winning nothin by that many games

The division will suck this year, especially if Sox get Vmart. Take Vmart away from us, Miggy is unprotected, outside of any real offensive additions, we become a 78-80 win team. Cleveland will prolly remain the same, about 82 wins. Chicago adds Vmart with Abreau, and a healthy Avasail , they win around 90 games. Vmart is just that productive, and Abreau getting him as a protector takes you guys up. KC let Butler go, Aoki go, Shields go, they will win around 80-83 games.

The value of Martinez coupled with Abreau and Garcia rivals Miggy ,JD, and Vmart, and the Sox are a better batting team 6-9, with a hitter friendly park.

I would hate to see Victor go anywhere, let alone a division foe, but the man is a top 10 hitter, and will continue for another few years. Getting Vmart weakens us, and strengthens your team.

I know your their bullpen stunk, but it was not on Tiger level stank.

Hoping we pay Vmart, and he stays.

I'm a cubs fan bruh.The White Sox can kiss my ass

The rest of the post has good points.White Sox gonna try to sign aoki and a pitcher and carlos rodon will be in the rotation next year

Respect bruh. Cubs will be nice for years to come. I'm a diehard Tigers fan, just know our division, and would hate to see 1 of our best go to rivals.

I hear you,but you better start mentally preparing for it unless the tigers or another team offer somethin crazy cuz the local writers been sayin white sox will go after victor martinez for months and avaisail garcia said martinez is interested in playing for the white sox
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Shout out to Christian Yelich earning a Gold Glove.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at those Royals <:-P

What's a golden glove-jd
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Rockies made a qualifying offer to cuddyer which is very surprising

it does give them the flexibility to deal cargo

if that isnt it then i have no clue what they are doing
  • Beezus
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Beezus wrote: »

What's a golden glove-jd

Probably a lot easier to wear a gold glove without a ring on their finger too. Congrats to them.

True
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That 30 for 30 on el duque and his bro livian hernandez comes on tonight on espn at 9pm est to anyone who wanna watch.The trailer looked interesting.I'mma dvr it and watch tomorrow
    hopefully the white sox can get vmart to sign a two year deal with a club option for a 3rd year or something but i doubt it i think he stays in detroit

all this excitement coming from the other side of the city got me feeling like will before uncle phil helped him find an apartment on the last episode of fresh prince just the same ol same ol i dont expect the white sox to be a serious bidder for the top free agents -- though -- watch how they end up with another slow lumbering power hitter who bats south of .230 and ks over 150 times

hopefully viciedo isnt the starting lf come opening day or else it will have been a sad off season for rick hahn

Vmart will get atleast a 4yr deal at 60million. If he only wants 2, the Tigers will overpay to have him back.
    The Sox will have to outbid the Tigers, and if they do, it may be the death blow to the Tigers.

thats one upside to signing vmart besides protecting abreu you get to weaken a division rival but i dont know man he getting up there in age

hes defintely looking for long term security if theres no market for him hes better off just staying with detroit all things considering

Yea, which is why Cleveland is going to try to poach him too. I hope Dombrowski gives him 60 mill over 3 years. We gotta keep him.

Him batting behind Abreau would be potent add in Garcia,I would hate to see it.

he will turn 36 so its not like hes getting any better and thats the thing that scares me he had damn near career highs in every category and the funny thing about career highs is that due to being the career high they only happen once and i highly doubt that after his age 23 to age 34 seasons of playing baseball and then having his career year at 35 that he will be able to actually TOP that in his age 36 season i think its all downhill from here on out lol

thats why a two year deal with a club option would be goat but somebody gonna overpay they always do

True but look at Big Papi in Boston. He is still a good hitter at 39. For the Tigers, he KEEPS us dangerous, For the Sox, it MAKES you Dangerous, For Cleveland it turns them into a legit threat.

Vmart is 1 of the best hitters from BOTH sides in the mlb, and he is a disciplined batter, really patient, add in US Cellular field for the majority of his at bats, White Sox win this division by 7 games.

WHOA.....Whoa I was wit you until this part.I think the indians and white sox will compete for the al central next year but until they revamp that bullpen white sox aint winning nothin by that many games

The division will suck this year, especially if Sox get Vmart. Take Vmart away from us, Miggy is unprotected, outside of any real offensive additions, we become a 78-80 win team. Cleveland will prolly remain the same, about 82 wins. Chicago adds Vmart with Abreau, and a healthy Avasail , they win around 90 games. Vmart is just that productive, and Abreau getting him as a protector takes you guys up. KC let Butler go, Aoki go, Shields go, they will win around 80-83 games.

The value of Martinez coupled with Abreau and Garcia rivals Miggy ,JD, and Vmart, and the Sox are a better batting team 6-9, with a hitter friendly park.

I would hate to see Victor go anywhere, let alone a division foe, but the man is a top 10 hitter, and will continue for another few years. Getting Vmart weakens us, and strengthens your team.

I know your their bullpen stunk, but it was not on Tiger level stank.

Hoping we pay Vmart, and he stays.

I'm a cubs fan bruh.The White Sox can kiss my ass

The rest of the post has good points.White Sox gonna try to sign aoki and a pitcher and carlos rodon will be in the rotation next year

Respect bruh. Cubs will be nice for years to come. I'm a diehard Tigers fan, just know our division, and would hate to see 1 of our best go to rivals.

I hear you,but you better start mentally preparing for it unless the tigers or another team offer somethin crazy cuz the local writers been sayin white sox will go after victor martinez for months and avaisail garcia said martinez is interested in playing for the white sox

My ? , I'm a TIGERS fan. Outside of these past 9 years, I've been exposed to heartbreak, so imma be alright. I will go down with the ship when it crashes.
  • Beezus
    Options
    This 30 for 30 good
  • Beezus
    Options
    I think we good
  • Beezus
    Options
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dodgers got zaidi for gm from.the As
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dodgers got zaidi for gm from.the As

He is a Muslim. I wonder if that will ? off the large Jewish fan base the Dodgers have.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's a golden glove-jd

Nah i know that one ..its a consolation prize when your wack ass franchise can't get one of these

doudw.gif

#betterlucknextyearcumdumpsterbitch
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

What's a golden glove-jd

Nah i know that one ..its a consolation prize when your wack ass franchise can't get one of these

doudw.gif

#betterlucknextyearcumdumpsterbitch

You say some honest/truthful/real ? to not really like baseball

*fixed
  • Beezus
    Options
    Talking bout kc country
    When his fav team the Cowboys
    Can't get any more country than that <:-P
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
  • Beezus
    Options
    Lol daily mail
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Lmao @ "Rednecks Revealed" ....? is trailer trash
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PUT THE COWS IN THEM BOYS GOING TIPPING TONIGHT!!!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I changed my mind I don't want russell martin unless it's a 2 year deal wit mad incentives + Schwarber will be ready by 2016 or '17 no need to overpay a 30+ catcher who will decline when you have a young prospect who will be ready in a couple years
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to say this, but A-Roid holds all the cards in this Yankee ? .

Either NY plays him, and he'll be booed MERCILESSLY, or the cut him and owe dude $60 million.

Everyone said that stupid 10-year $350 extension he got in '07 was THE dumbest move ever made in baseball contracts the day it happened....and we were all right.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    I hate to say this, but A-Roid holds all the cards in this Yankee ? .

Either NY plays him, and he'll be booed MERCILESSLY, or the cut him and owe dude $60 million.

Everyone said that stupid 10-year $350 extension he got in '07 was THE dumbest move ever made in baseball contracts the day it happened....and we were all right.

It was dumb in principle but it didn't hurt the Yankees any outside of PR distractions. Yanks won a World Series off of that b/c there's no way the Yanks win it in '09 w/o Alex. On top of that coming out of that contract he's only had two disastrous years. 2013 because he only played a handful of games and 2014 b/c he didn't play at all. He's had a whole year to get his body right (and juice without testing) so I'm a firm believer that we can still get our money's worth out of him despite him being a ? .

He's been getting booed mercilessly since Texas and that amplified once he came to NY and the steroid stuff came out. So that isn't really treading new territory either.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dodgers have put their entire Outfield on the trading block.

If I'm the Tigers, I'd look at Kemp, and ask LA to eat 20million of that contract.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dodgers have put their entire Outfield on the trading block.

If I'm the Tigers, I'd look at Kemp, and ask LA to eat 20million of that contract.

Everyone but Puig. The hope is to get rid of Crawford, Kemp & Ethier to avoid a luxury tax. Puig, Van Slyke and the young phenom Joc Pederson should be starting next year. I expect L.A. to fall back on big spending under the new management.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Cubs reportedly in trade talks with the nationals for Jordan Zimmerman.Cubs most likely will have to give up either baez,castro or russell which is stupid since zimmerman is a free agent next winter.

Not feelin this if the cubs trade castro imma be ? for real
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Damn I hope that doesn't happen, I want Jordan Zimmerman in pinstripes.

is Baez a SS in the majors?? If he is, they should definitely trade Castro and try to get some value outta him imo...I'm assuming the Cubs wouldn't make the trade if Zimmerman wasn't ready to sign that extension though.