2015 MLB Thread (Offseason Pages 1-28)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's another thing that's annoying all you hear is castro trade rumors damn near everyday and it's been that way since july now acquiring this utility cac mf just adds to it.I don't get it baez will never hit like castro and russell hasn't even dominated double a yet.I have a gut feelin they gonna eventually trade castro if that happens Imma be ? I don't give a fucc who they get in return.I understand he can be absent minded at times and does stupid ? and he still can hit he best hitter the cubs got
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and hes also the most proven and hes on a team friendly deal too -- you already know there have been many cub prospects that were heralded and didnt pan out so i wouldnt be so willing to include castro in so many deals either

i heard on the radio cubs were dangling baez in the zimmerman deal but they wanted russell -- baez along with castro are players theo inherited if any prospects get moved its gonna be one of them i think
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Detroit working hard to keep players just to have a ? bullpen year after year

They need to let Max walk and extend the lefty, Price, or let him walk after the season too.

Melky/Upton, and Miller should be our next two pieces.

If they do sign Max, it should be 4 yrs.

I would be fine if we went Verlander, Price, Sanchez, Porcello, Ray/Lobstein. Or if they traded Price too and went Verlander, Sanchez, Porcello, Ray and Lobstein.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    We've made an offer to Adam LaRoche. Also expressed interest in Hammel and Masterson. Marlins first offer to Giancarlo was a 6 year, 130 million dollar contract that he obviously rejected.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way the Dodgers include Young Joc in any deals. Best prospect they have.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghost313
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Hanley to Boston
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Pablo Sandoval to the Red Sox 5 years 100 mil
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^

Boston signed Pablo too, according to Ken Rosenthal. He said they planning on moving Hanley to LF, IDK about that.

I'm not sure how I feel about the White Sox signing LaRoche. He fills a need for that left handed, power hitting bat to break up Abreu and Garcia in the lineup, but dude is 35 y/o. It's only a 2 year deal, so that's a plus. I wished they would have been in on the Jason Heyward trade, I'm tired of seeing the White Sox sign aging free agents
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Just need to bring Lester home and we're back in the good graces of the baseball ? 's.

Hope your disappointing run in the playoffs was satisfying @stew.

Hope u don't think that was a fluke year cause we ain't going nowhere bruh. My ? Machado and Weiters comin back, we're gonna be just fine.
  • Ghost313
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So, the Red Sox should be trading an outfielder soon. Porcello for Cespedes???
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Just need to bring Lester home and we're back in the good graces of the baseball ? 's.

Hope your disappointing run in the playoffs was satisfying @stew.

Hope u don't think that was a fluke year cause we ain't going nowhere bruh. My ? Machado and Weiters comin back, we're gonna be just fine.

Getting swept in the playoffs already showed us that.

I think making it to the ALCS with 3 all stars out showed the rest of the league somethin. Go spend some more money.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The red sox tryna get Lester And Cole Hamels.Peter Gammons sayin Lester returning is close(he retracted that today so it aint close but they're still tryna sign lester)and usa today reporting red sox and phillies are having serious talks about hamels.Dodgers tryna get hamels too
  • ckfree
    Options
    i heard on a radio update 30 minutes ago that unconfirmed sources thats how they said it unconfirmed sources are saying jon lester will sign with boston before thanksgiving for 6 years at around 130 mil and that they want to bring back andrew miller too

wouldnt surprise me if it did happen red sox think that theyre the yankees
  • ckfree
    Options
    trading alexei after going out and signing laroche doesnt make any sense which is a shame because his value is the highest it will ever be after winning his 2nd silver slugger award especially given the options available at ss -- moving veteran pieces while they still have value should be the determining factor in the success of this team with the way they operate too bad they dont go about it that way

band aid after band aid after band aid
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Damn we need to be trying to make that deal for Hamels but Im.sure we really ain't got ? to trade smh
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk how i feel that hanley went to redsoxs watch him stay healthy all year too smh thought he loved La
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    D backs sign that cuban cat yasamy tomas 6 years 68.5.Puig and abreu changed the game up now all these cuban cats getting big contracts

Also watch the giants or cards they could be sleeper squads in regards to Lester of Scherzer.Pitching market is on hold until Lester signs which should be in the next few days.I think he's gonna return to boston
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And the Yankees are sitting back and letting ? happen. The post Jeter era gonna be soooooooo bad ugh
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Damn nobody mentioned the Lawrie for Josh Donaldson trade? I'm surprised they got rid of Donaldson, Lawrie younger but he's AL WAYS hurt.

Blue Jays gave up Lawrie, rhp Kendall Graveman, LHP Sean Nolin, and minor league SS Franklin Barreto...idk nothin but the rest of them ? though.

Bautista, Encarnacion, and Donaldson gon be crazy in that lineup though....I read that Donaldson's power slowed alot in the 2nd half of the year but unless one of those youngsters turns out to be a star the Blue Jays won this.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2014
    Options
    White Sox and A's discussing Jeff smardizja trade.Even if that deal don't go through A's tryna trade smardijza
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Watch this yoan moncado kid he's a 19 year old cuban prospect that's one of the highest rated international prospects ever he can play ss,2b and cf.Mlb declared him a free agent and he has to be cleared by the u.s. dept of treasury before signing,when he's cleared several teams will go after him.Cubs and Rangers can't sign him until july 2015 cuz they spent all their pool dough.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubans are taking over.