2015 MLB Thread (Offseason Pages 1-28)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Damn I hope that doesn't happen, I want Jordan Zimmerman in pinstripes.

is Baez a SS in the majors?? If he is, they should definitely trade Castro and try to get some value outta him imo...I'm assuming the Cubs wouldn't make the trade if Zimmerman wasn't ready to sign that extension though.

Paul sullivan(that's the cubs beat writer for the tribune) already shut it down.Baez is a ss but he'll play 2b with castro at ss.I disagree about trading castro he's an established hitter on the mlb level and made multiple all star games and is signed thru 2019.He'll be 25 in march makes no sense to trade your best players for unproven talent(mets pitching prospects) or a pitcher you can sign next winter especially if you're trying to compete now.Baez has plenty of upside but I think he'll be another alfonso soriano mad k's wit mad power.Castro can hit + he was the only reason to watch the cubs a few years ago

and yea it was based off an extension being agreed too
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Word so I just read David Robertson wants papelbon money....FOH, he can leave then. Betances >>>

And Rafael Soriano a free agent anyway, we could bring him back too.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Damn I hope that doesn't happen, I want Jordan Zimmerman in pinstripes.

is Baez a SS in the majors?? If he is, they should definitely trade Castro and try to get some value outta him imo...I'm assuming the Cubs wouldn't make the trade if Zimmerman wasn't ready to sign that extension though.

Paul sullivan(that's the cubs beat writer for the tribune) already shut it down.Baez is a ss but he'll play 2b with castro at ss.I disagree about trading castro he's an established hitter on the mlb level and made multiple all star games and is signed thru 2019.He'll be 25 in march makes no sense to trade your best players for unproven talent(mets pitching prospects) or a pitcher you can sign next winter especially if you're trying to compete now.Baez has plenty of upside but I think he'll be another alfonso soriano mad k's wit mad power.Castro can hit + he was the only reason to watch the cubs a few years ago

and yea it was based off an extension being agreed too

Yea I ain't know Castro was still only 25 and signed for that long. You got a point, so I'll switch ya should keep em all unless offered a trade ya can't refuse.

I will say though, the Mets look like they got some young talented pitchers for the next 10 years with Matt Harvey and Jacob DeGrom, I'm sure they have other since they've been so terrible over the years too.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VMART BACK.......Melky may come t00
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    according to rosenthal white sox more focused on RHP, bullpen help and LH bat so if i had to guess a white sox RHP FA pitcher brandon mccarthy fits perfect with their normal way of doing things

came up with the team
    everyone sorry to see him go
    lots of injuries
    really good when healthy
    and not a lot of money

clockwork i still think the white sox should stick to the rebuild type mindset though because i dont know what they have outside of sale abreau and maybe quintana and eaton -- they should still sign veteran players but the max years on players over 30 should be like 2 years with the thinking being to flip them for younger talent the rebuild shouldnt be over yet
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I thought martinez was gonna bounce.White sox probably gonna go after hanley now
  • ckfree
    Options
    i hope the white sox can resist the temptation to be aggressive and sign potentially handcuffing deals just to keep up with the cubs another offseason of shrewd deals picking up moderate pieces and stocking the farm some more next june seems like the right course to me but the time i want them to be cheap would be the time they splurge
  • ckfree
    Options
    reports are coming in that oscar taveras was 5 times drunker than the legal limit its a shame someone paid for his actions
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i hope the white sox can resist the temptation to be aggressive and sign potentially handcuffing deals just to keep up with the cubs another offseason of shrewd deals picking up moderate pieces and stocking the farm some more next june seems like the right course to me but the time i want them to be cheap would be the time they splurge

It aint even that the white sox and cubs have 2 of the lowest payrolls in mlb and that's with arbitration salaries added.I can't remember who said it but I think it was williams who said chris sales prime won't be wasted rebuilding
  • ckfree
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

It aint even that the white sox and cubs have 2 of the lowest payrolls in mlb and that's with arbitration salaries added.I can't remember who said it but I think it was williams who said chris sales prime won't be wasted rebuilding

see the cubs are about ready i just dont see it with the white sox only reason they would have a shot would be because kc is losing their best sp their rf and butler and detroit seems to be trending downward and cleveland i dont know about them too much

i like the way hahn has spent he has locked up sale and abreau to team friendly deals i really dont see them going crazy with free agents trading for someone then trying to extend him seems more like hahn style picking up hanley would be a kenny move -- you know he loves making headlines

so it should be interesting to see if hahn really is the one calling the shots
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Oscar Taveras was 5x over the alcohol limit when he crashed his car

damn..

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/11/12/official-taveras-was-? -during-fatal-crash/18937679/
  • MillzOG
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    So Oscar Taveras was 5x over the alcohol limit when he crashed his car

damn..

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/11/12/official-taveras-was-? -during-fatal-crash/18937679/

Sucks that he died, but that's what happens when you make terrible decisions.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tigers swap their top prospect,Travis, for Blue Jays CF Gose......don't like this trade
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Damn, my boy Stanton came 2nd in NL MVP voting. Kershaw gets it.
  • ckfree
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Tigers swap their top prospect,Travis, for Blue Jays CF Gose......don't like this trade

word

if detroit gonna trade their top prospect for anthony gose than either they have been strong armed or it doesnt say much for their farm system

i mean he can play d but with those hitting numbers against lefties he platoons with rajai
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Shout out to Kershaw
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why dodgers aint go after victor Martinez ellis is a ? lol damn bitter sweat kershaw mvp and cy young and that horrible playoffs exit i cant even be excited for.him lol
  • infamous114
    edited November 2014
    Options

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Stanton's people letting out these numbers so that when we actually give out a number to pay him, it'll seem like we low-balled him lol.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Wow this cat possibly about to get the biggest contract in sports history
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy for Kershaw. Still got that Peyton in him tho.

Happy for Stanton. Media gonna start hatin on him just bcuz of the contract tho.
  • infamous114
    Options
    The opt out is at age 30, so we'd have him for the next 5 years at least. No trade clause was crucial cause Loria never likes including those cause he's a scumbag.