suppose to apologize for killing white kids... apologizes to the parents of M. Brown, A. Jones

Options
123457»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    you actually believe this don't you??? the visigoths had control of spain for 3oo years before the moors came so there might not have been a concept of Europe but there was one Christendom. You are splitting hairs the fact remains that the moors invaded killed people and forced their ways of life on them. the knowledge the moors bring into spain was for their benefit not for the Europeans.

under your logic: whites brought knowledge into Africa and stoped the tribal fighting does that mean that white colonization of Africa was good??? and the moors did force conversion to islam eventually their rule lasted about 800 years so there were good times and there were bad.

listen this is going nowhere you can continue to live in fantasy land but the reality is that black people are no more morally superior to anybody we simply for most of our history have not been able to conquer/rule as much people.
    greeks were basically visitors traders and students in Egypt the Egyptians never ruled the greeks directly like that

Nobody is arguing that the Moors took control of Spain from a people that were already there. My point was that conquering and reconquering had been done throughout history. It's not an issue of morality because no one can own land outside of their ability to take it and hold it. That's the way the world has always worked. If you consider that immoral then civilization as we know it is immoral.

And your comparison to what Europe did when they colonized Africa is completely different because Europeans pushed their culture onto Africans, changed the traditional tribal boundaries, exploited the resources, and left Africans with nothing but conflict and poverty when they were done. Again, that is in no way analgous to what the Moors did when they ruled Spain.

And you saying that Black people could not conquer or rule as many people shows you just don't know much history. Again, there were multiple times in history where Blacks had the power to go into other areas and take over, but they didn't. There was a time when the Egyptians were hands down more powerful than the Greeks. They could have conquered the Greeks if they wanted, but they didn't because it offered no benefit to them.

I'm not arguing that Blacks are somehow morally superior to Whites for biological reasons. I'm arguing that African based cultures have historically been morally superior. And the proof is that even when Africans had the power to commit some of the atrocities that Europeans did, they didn't do it. We didn't start to see some of this crazy stuff arise in Africa until after European (and Arab) influence. It's not fantasy. It's history. If you have some factual evidence that contradicts what I'm saying. Provide it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Hell, I'll give you another example. Misogyny is immoral, and that's not something that was present in most African cultures. Even when Islam spread to Africa initially, women weren't lowered in that manner. Go look at the writings of Ibn Battuta. When he wrote about West African, he was impressed by their commitment to Islam, but he didn't like the fact that African women were not as controlled. Europeans who interacted with the Songhai Empire echoed the same sentiment. That misogyny that we see in Western cultures is not intrinsic to Africa.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    you actually believe this don't you??? the visigoths had control of spain for 3oo years before the moors came so there might not have been a concept of Europe but there was one Christendom. You are splitting hairs the fact remains that the moors invaded killed people and forced their ways of life on them. the knowledge the moors bring into spain was for their benefit not for the Europeans.

under your logic: whites brought knowledge into Africa and stoped the tribal fighting does that mean that white colonization of Africa was good??? and the moors did force conversion to islam eventually their rule lasted about 800 years so there were good times and there were bad.

listen this is going nowhere you can continue to live in fantasy land but the reality is that black people are no more morally superior to anybody we simply for most of our history have not been able to conquer/rule as much people.
    greeks were basically visitors traders and students in Egypt the Egyptians never ruled the greeks directly like that

Nobody is arguing that the Moors took control of Spain from a people that were already there. My point was that conquering and reconquering had been done throughout history. It's not an issue of morality because no one can own land outside of their ability to take it and hold it. That's the way the world has always worked. If you consider that immoral then civilization as we know it is immoral.

And your comparison to what Europe did when they colonized Africa is completely different because Europeans pushed their culture onto Africans, changed the traditional tribal boundaries, exploited the resources, and left Africans with nothing but conflict and poverty when they were done. Again, that is in no way analgous to what the Moors did when they ruled Spain.

And you saying that Black people could not conquer or rule as many people shows you just don't know much history. Again, there were multiple times in history where Blacks had the power to go into other areas and take over, but they didn't. There was a time when the Egyptians were hands down more powerful than the Greeks. They could have conquered the Greeks if they wanted, but they didn't because it offered no benefit to them.

I'm not arguing that Blacks are somehow morally superior to Whites for biological reasons. I'm arguing that African based cultures have historically been morally superior. And the proof is that even when Africans had the power to commit some of the atrocities that Europeans did, they didn't do it. We didn't start to see some of this crazy stuff arise in Africa until after European (and Arab) influence. It's not fantasy. It's history. If you have some factual evidence that contradicts what I'm saying. Provide it.

almost never in history were African people in a position in which they could inflict atrocities on other people outside of the wars waged in ancient Egypt against people in the levant and nubians who the Egyptians also enslaved AND AS FOR THE BOLDED I NEVER SAID THAT ,YEAH WE CAN CONQUER LIKE ANY BODY else but we have not done so on a major level it's that simple.

what do you think the moors did in spain??? rule for fun or the benefit of Europeans they did push their culture on the native population and exploit the place and force convert some people through the use of heavy taxes just like all muslims empires did, I don't know why you would think otherwise and yes generally speaking civilizations in history have been immoral.

the moors to begin with were a mixed groups of people who ruled for a long time some rulers were more tolerant than others but it is naïve to think they were different from any other conquer just because some of them were black. the moors :the almorvids and almohades suppressed both Christians and jews and I know a lot about history and I know that it's loaded with lies and some people choose to believe those lies to fit their argument.

and the ancient egytians made slaves of the people they conquered they craved that ? right on the ? walls.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hell, I'll give you another example. Misogyny is immoral, and that's not something that was present in most African cultures. Even when Islam spread to Africa initially, women weren't lowered in that manner. Go look at the writings of Ibn Battuta. When he wrote about West African, he was impressed by their commitment to Islam, but he didn't like the fact that African women were not as controlled. Europeans who interacted with the Songhai Empire echoed the same sentiment. That misogyny that we see in Western cultures is not intrinsic to Africa.

this has nothing to do with the argument, because I am not saying that all cultures have the same values but I am saying that all peoples morals are about the same we are all monsters whites have just been more successful.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

almost never in history were African people in a position in which they could inflict atrocities on other people outside of the wars waged in ancient Egypt against people in the levant and nubians who the Egyptians also enslaved AND AS FOR THE BOLDED I NEVER SAID THAT ,YEAH WE CAN CONQUER LIKE ANY BODY else but we have not done so on a major level it's that simple.

what do you think the moors did in spain??? rule for fun or the benefit of Europeans they did push their culture on the native population and exploit the place and force convert some people through the use of heavy taxes just like all muslims empires did, I don't know why you would think otherwise and yes generally speaking civilizations in history have been immoral.

the moors to begin with were a mixed groups of people who ruled for a long time some rulers were more tolerant than others but it is naïve to think they were different from any other conquer just because some of them were black. the moors :the almorvids and almohades suppressed both Christians and jews and I know a lot about history and I know that it's loaded with lies and some people choose to believe those lies to fit their argument.

and the ancient egytians made slaves of the people they conquered they craved that ? right on the ? walls.

Well if you believe civilization in general is immoral, then we can dead this argument because I can agree with that general standpoint.

And slavery was pretty much used by every group in history, but the Chattel slavery used in America was done mostly by Europeans and Arabs.

this has nothing to do with the argument, because I am not saying that all cultures have the same values but I am saying that all peoples morals are about the same we are all monsters whites have just been more successful.

I brought that up as an example of the point that I was making. I don't think there is anything fundamentally more evil about whites than blacks. I think it's a cultural thing, and that's an example of a cultural difference where traditionally European cultures were more immoral than those in Africa.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't condone this ? .I read about this and the Ferguson and Trayvon or etc case have nothing to do w/ this ?

I doubt revolution was on these ? minds.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    At least the families got justice....

Certain people going to jail for the rest of their lives is not justice.

If a weak person goes to jail some may be able to look at it as justice cause that is going to be hell for them mentally and physically.

A person who can handle themselves and is just going to be locked down year after year with no fights or anything. To me that is not justice. Those people have a roof, bed, free food and medical care until the day they die. That is not justice IMO.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    All jokes aside, am I supposed to applaud this ? , just because dude mentioned the movement and said 'black lives matter'? Is that supposed to make them killing two innocent teens ok?

Word. "Black lives matter" wasn't even a thing when they killed those dudes.

And on the other hand it's funny how them going to buy drugs was overlooked when it would be used for victim blaming if they were black.

Just caught this. How was it overlooked if we know about it? Lls Yall act like they hid that fact and you had to dig to find that...it was mentioned in the news report! LOL Geez yall laid it on thick up in here.