Somebody Done Told You Wrong: Black Celebrities Who Say They’re Not African American

Options

Comments

• Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dislike every celebrity in the OP.

And Cosby is a ? ? .
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    ? that got to do with anything say your piece or stop quoting me bro

You are a ? .

You a google genius..wouldn't know ? if it werent for google.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    Africans in Africa don't even believe in pan african-ism.

You've never heard of Kwame Nkrumah? There are countless Africans who have advocated pan-Africanism as well as several who don't. There are countless black Americans who advocate pan-Africanism as well as several who don't. There are countless West Indians who advocate pan-Africanism and several who don't. In fact, the OAU/African Union apparently considers the black diaspora to be the '6th region of Africa'. It can blow your mind away how people can say things that directly contradict things you've seen or observed with your own eyes or personally experienced over and over and over again. Offline, I've only come across a single African (my father, in the past and only some of the time) whose ever not identified with Western blacks and even with him it was nowhere near that absolute, he definitely never denied being black. I'd bet the majority of Africans take pride in black Americans/West Indians being of African descent and I could waste even more time citing examples. If I'm wrong, I don't think you have more evidence to the contrary and there are still a lot who do, even if they are in the minority.
    But they were not family members they were prisoners of war, etc. They were the conquered. Enemy selling enemy. Only in America was a child born into slavery. In africa a child of a slave was born free. now scoot boy

What difference would that make? It's OK to sell someone into slavery as long as they're not a family member? My understanding is that the slaves were generally prisoners of war, owed debts or were criminals. Maybe some of them were sold by family members. I admit I'm not a history buff but the African role in the Atlantic slave trade is well documented. There were some Africans who fought it, like Queen Nzingha, I think.

Yea wtf. Ill sell my enemy with no ? given. They are my enemy,
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    Africans in Africa don't even believe in pan african-ism.

You've never heard of Kwame Nkrumah? There are countless Africans who have advocated pan-Africanism as well as several who don't. There are countless black Americans who advocate pan-Africanism as well as several who don't. There are countless West Indians who advocate pan-Africanism and several who don't. In fact, the OAU/African Union apparently considers the black diaspora to be the '6th region of Africa'. It can blow your mind away how people can say things that directly contradict things you've seen or observed with your own eyes or personally experienced over and over and over again. Offline, I've only come across a single African (my father, in the past and only some of the time) whose ever not identified with Western blacks and even with him it was nowhere near that absolute, he definitely never denied being black. I'd bet the majority of Africans take pride in black Americans/West Indians being of African descent and I could waste even more time citing examples. If I'm wrong, I don't think you have more evidence to the contrary and there are still a lot who do, even if they are in the minority.
    But they were not family members they were prisoners of war, etc. They were the conquered. Enemy selling enemy. Only in America was a child born into slavery. In africa a child of a slave was born free. now scoot boy

What difference would that make? It's OK to sell someone into slavery as long as they're not a family member? My understanding is that the slaves were generally prisoners of war, owed debts or were criminals. Maybe some of them were sold by family members. I admit I'm not a history buff but the African role in the Atlantic slave trade is well documented. There were some Africans who fought it, like Queen Nzingha, I think.

Yea wtf. Ill sell my enemy with no ? given. They are my enemy,

so then the white man AS WELL as the African is our enemy then correct?? lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's important to remember our african roots but blacks in the diaspora need to forge our own way in the world now. If you don't know exactly where in the continent you're from all the 'back to africa' talk is a waste of time. Culturally we are too different for a mass repatriation to be viable focus on making life better for you and yours wherever you at.

This ? is all rooted in European individualism.

lol You're acting like Africa itself was ever some unified body. It wasn't. Hell, part of the unrest we still see in Africa comes from the fact that Europeans didn't acknowledge the differences in tribes and traditional African nations when they redrew the national lines for their colonies.

Africans don't even look at people from the diaspora as being the same as them. I'm not saying that should be a reason to be divided, but acknowledging that various pockets of black people are different has nothing to do with European individualism, which really isn't a thing. Europeans don't push individualism any more than any other group.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    It's important to remember our african roots but blacks in the diaspora need to forge our own way in the world now. If you don't know exactly where in the continent you're from all the 'back to africa' talk is a waste of time. Culturally we are too different for a mass repatriation to be viable focus on making life better for you and yours wherever you at.

? no, this ? is survival of the fittest and the idea of 'one black people' is a fallacy. Africans in Africa don't even believe in pan african-ism.

That is wrong my friend there are several pan African organizations on the continent.

They're not the majority though. You tell a Yoruba man that the Igbo man is his brother he's gonna look at you crazy, so how you think he feels about a 'black' man on the other side of the planet.

Personal feelings are like leaves in the wind. People unite and work together for greater interest. That ignore may feel however he wants but others feel differently. The African union already exists and Nigeria is part of it .

I don't disagree but The African Union still don't include me or you.

We both Jamaican and in my mind Jamaica is a nation of (mostly) African people, but that doesn't make us any less Jamaican and that has to come first. Just like the Igbo man is Igbo first, then Nigerian and then African. It's nice to think we're all brothers and sisters but that's not the reality of it.

Side note: haiti is trying to join the african union
    I thought haiti join the african union 3 years ago???
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »

? no, this ? is survival of the fittest and the idea of 'one black people' is a fallacy. Africans in Africa don't even believe in pan african-ism.

That is wrong my friend there are several pan African organizations on the continent.

They're not the majority though. You tell a Yoruba man that the Igbo man is his brother he's gonna look at you crazy, so how you think he feels about a 'black' man on the other side of the planet.

Personal feelings are like leaves in the wind. People unite and work together for greater interest. That ignore may feel however he wants but others feel differently. The African union already exists and Nigeria is part of it .

I don't disagree but The African Union still don't include me or you.

We both Jamaican and in my mind Jamaica is a nation of (mostly) African people, but that doesn't make us any less Jamaican and that has to come first. Just like the Igbo man is Igbo first, then Nigerian and then African. It's nice to think we're all brothers and sisters but that's not the reality of it.

Side note: haiti is trying to join the african union
    I thought haiti join the african union 3 years ago???

Observer status i think
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol You're acting like Africa itself was ever some unified body. It wasn't. Hell, part of the unrest we still see in Africa comes from the fact that Europeans didn't acknowledge the differences in tribes and traditional African nations when they redrew the national lines for their colonies.

Africans don't even look at people from the diaspora as being the same as them. I'm not saying that should be a reason to be divided, but acknowledging that various pockets of black people are different has nothing to do with European individualism, which really isn't a thing. Europeans don't push individualism any more than any other group.

That is not exactly correct individualism has been a pillar of Europeans culture for at least 400 years. As opposed to Asians culture that stress collective thinking
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I'm late on this discussion, but as far as the mixed folks, such as myself, I kind of feel where they coming from. Why should we completely dismiss our non-black side. It's like that one person said, I'm just as much white as I am black. Do I identify more with the black side? Yes. Black wife, black friends, etc., but I don't despise my white side. If I did, I'd be a "? ", right?

If anyone said something similar, my bad. Didn't read every page.

Mixed Excellence.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better yet, American Excellence.
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    DrJohnHenrikClarke Members Posts: 120
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    I know I'm late on this discussion, but as far as the mixed folks, such as myself, I kind of feel where they coming from. Why should we completely dismiss our non-black side. It's like that one person said, I'm just as much white as I am black. Do I identify more with the black side? Yes. Black wife, black friends, etc., but I don't despise my white side. If I did, I'd be a "? ", right?

Mixed Excellence.

YES! SPEAK ON IT!
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mixed Excellence.

How many black people have put a gun to your head and ordered you to identify as black though?

Who has ever asked you to do that?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mixed Excellence.

Im the same way brotha...

#mixedexcellence
  • Max.
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »

Mixed Excellence.

How many black people have put a gun to your head and ordered you to identify as black though?

Who has ever asked you to do that?

Are u gona attack him now? U ?
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Mixed Excellence.

#mixedexcellence

Me too

#mixedexcellence
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are mixed people right here on the forum that ? on there white side and apparently there are those who don't, but as far as i am concerned if you have a white parent and don't consider yourself black then i treat you like an honorary ?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    @Max.

Dude, I just took the time out to count how many wacks and feelings you have left on my page over the last few weeks, you should be ashamed of yourself

Every since January 28, 2015, you have given me:

59 wacks and 31 feelings

? ? your ? self, lame, corny, childish ass ? , act just like a little scorned girl
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Max.

Dude, I just took the time out to count how many wacks and feelings you have left on my page over the last few weeks, you should be ashamed of yourself

59 wacks and 31 feelings

? ? your ? self, lame, corny, childish ass ? , act just like a little scorned girl

Dammmmmm
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mixed Excellence.

#mixedexcellence

Me too

#mixedexcellence

Ok now im so confused. Just last week you was saying how lightskin people are not black and how they are not down with the struggle. Now u are lightskin and ? on black people. Whose side you are on? You do not care about fighting white supremacy just saying ? aint ? .
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »

Mixed Excellence.

#mixedexcellence

Me too

#mixedexcellence

Ok now im so confused. Just last week you was saying how lightskin people are not black and how they are not down with the struggle. Now u are lightskin and ? on black people. Whose side you are on? You do not care about fighting white supremacy just saying ? aint ? .

Black men don't care about fighting white supremacy, why should I? The majority of y'all are abusive by nature, and extremely color struck. Y'all complain about the white man, but deep down y'all wanna be him. Y'all want all the things the white man has including his woman. So why should light skin & mixed race people care, y'all think of us as nothing but fetishes anyway... Look at the illpix section, nothing but dark skin, nappy headed men, with wide noses ? from women they don't even have the genetics to create...

Charles Mason gave the truth on you black men alone time ago.... ? love the white woman more than her own race of men do.

http://youtu.be/qKUu0mdQHhg

The black race is doomed, their is no saving it.

• Max.
    Options

Mixed Excellence.

#mixedexcellence

Me too

#mixedexcellence
    @Max.

59 wacks and 31 feelings

Actually i made that # up its more likely over 100 n countin
  • Max.
    Options
    I flagged u as troll/abuse over ur corny faggy race posts
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    Looks at previous post

make that 60 wacks

gotta be a new record for ? niggadom
  • Max.