Somebody Done Told You Wrong: Black Celebrities Who Say They’re Not African American

Options

Comments

• PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    charles2 wrote: »
    I know I'm late on this discussion, but as far as the mixed folks, such as myself, I kind of feel where they coming from. Why should we completely dismiss our non-black side. It's like that one person said, I'm just as much white as I am black. Do I identify more with the black side? Yes. Black wife, black friends, etc., but I don't despise my white side. If I did, I'd be a "? ", right?

If anyone said something similar, my bad. Didn't read every page.

Mixed Excellence.

Im the same way brotha...

#mixedexcellence

Me too

#mixedexcellence

Ok now im so confused. Just last week you was saying how lightskin people are not black and how they are not down with the struggle. Now u are lightskin and ? on black people. Whose side you are on? You do not care about fighting white supremacy just saying ? aint ? .

Black men don't care about fighting white supremacy, why should I? The majority of y'all are abusive by nature, and extremely color struck. Y'all complain about the white man, but deep down y'all wanna be him. Y'all want all the things the white man has including his woman. So why should light skin & mixed race people care, y'all think of us as nothing but fetishes anyway... Look at the illpix section, nothing but dark skin, nappy headed men, with wide noses ? from women they don't even have the genetics to create...

Charles Mason gave the truth on you black men alone time ago.... ? love the white woman more than her own race of men do.

http://youtu.be/qKUu0mdQHhg

The black race is doomed, their is no saving it.

@SixSickSins
  • PapaDoc223
    Options
    Im not suprised there attacking a mixed black female poster

But kat ol boy these dudes will tap dance for a thick whitey anyday..

Max use common sense she the other day said light skin folk are not down with cause. She basically called them subhuman. She dissed the Black Panthers and ? on the goat Angela Davis. Now today she said she is proud of being lightskin. And is calling darkskin and brownskin ? . She is a hypocrite and clearly is crazy.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? usin too many big words in this thread but this one ? dropped a diagram and ? .......... I need more of an understanding about one thing......... Does an interracial couple automatically make a black baby or is it the one drop rule that makes the baby black????? I don't think ? came up with that one drop rule though.... Does that ? only apply to slaves ? in America during slavery?????? Yall ? smart though..... No ? inform a ? ........ This thread and that light skin girl thread crazy and off topic as ? ............. I'm under the one drop rule impression so I don't know..... Gotta read and evolve my mind more..............
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not suprised there attacking a mixed black female poster

But kat ol boy these dudes will tap dance for a thick whitey anyday..

Thats the only thing black men are good for, my white daddy told me to stay away from ? along time ago.

Big up to all the mixed race men, ? can learn something from y'all.

somebody get this thing the ? outta here, I see this same race trolling ? all the time on the other site all the time but the IC is not the place for this ? .
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    DrJohnHenrikClarke Members Posts: 120
    Options
    Max use common sense she the other day said light skin folk are not down with cause. She basically called them subhuman.

Lie. Post the direct quote in which I referred to them as subhumans. I have continuously stated that light skin black folks are of generational non-black admixture, which you and others continue and want to deny, which is why you started cherry picking light skin Africans, who have nothing to do what where you African ancestors came from. You all have a problem with what I'm saying, but go ask some black kid who the most beautiful black women in the world is and watch them select some light skin female, instead of a female who is the representation of their dark selves in female form. Its amazing how you all say what I'm saying is decisive but you all have no problem with your projections of internal racism, colorism, and misogyny.

She dissed the Black Panthers and ? on the goat Angela Davis. Now today she said she is proud of being lightskin. And is calling darkskin and brownskin ? . She is a hypocrite and clearly is crazy.

Lie. I posted a direct quote from the book of a black panther leader; which you all tried to deny, and couldn't accept, which is why you aligned him with his behavior after the party. And anybody who have ever took an African American history course, and have studied the black panthers extensively know that darker skin females within the party was pushed to the back of the party, even in regard to administrative roles. So how is speaking about this ? on someone? How is the truth ? on someone? Are we not supposed to discus it?

The problem is you all complain about the white man all day long, without criticizing the elements of white supremacy in the black community. You prefer to ignore the fact that colorism exist in the black community, due to the fact that black men do not face it within the black race. But ? forbid, you all soon will with your mulatto sons.

And another lie.... its obvious what you are doing is cherry picking... but yet you have no problem with pro-black, pan-africanist such as @Zombie and that another troll calling people ? , and ? , ? and hoes...

But me saying it is a problem... Its become clear here, that what we have is as an extreme amount of sexism, where I'm being attacked because I'm a female of African decent. But let a black male come along and say what I'm say, and watch how different you ? reacts.
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Yall ? usin too many big words in this thread but this one ? dropped a diagram and ? .......... I need more of an understanding about one thing......... Does an interracial couple automatically make a black baby or is it the one drop rule that makes the baby black????? I don't think ? came up with that one drop rule though.... Does that ? only apply to slaves ? in America during slavery?????? Yall ? smart though..... No ? inform a ? ........ This thread and that light skin girl thread crazy and off topic as ? ............. I'm under the one drop rule impression so I don't know..... Gotta read and evolve my mind more..............

It's the one drop rule, for example in Louisiana biracial people at one point were considered white, and had as much privilege as whites did. They were well educated, owned nice homes, could be serviced at white businesses ect, while blacks remained in shackles, and faced great oppression. Eventually they would gain a colored status, which was superior to that of a black status, till eventually being placed in the black race, which was a struggle for many of them, as they now faced white oppression, where before they never did. In the early years in South Carolina, mixed race people were classified as white also.

The one drop rule was designed to keep those who were of African decent, no matter how much mixture they had to not be able to pass as white, so they pushed those who were mixed into the black race, which was detrimental in a way, as it polluted the black race with white DNA, but it also created colorism. Black people fail to understand and accept that they are still practicing mental slavery when they accept these people as them.

There is currently some movements happening in places like California and Texas to put those who are mixed in their own racial group, which will most likely soon follow to other states. Black people are having more and more biracial children, they fail to understand the more they have the more political power they give to others. They soon will be fighting not only the white man but biracial and Latinos/Hispanics, who will soon be placed in the white racial group soon anyway, as a means to extend the white race and white privilege.

But blacks don't see this, they remain asleep.
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

tyson beckford is mixed i consider him black
    j cole is mixed i consider him black
    bob marley was mixed i consider him black
    daughter for broadwalk empire was black
    chiwetelu ejifor is black from nigerian descent and he is a similar same tone as bob marley and j cole
    lupita nyongo is black
    nelson mandella was black

Black is inclusive, and not exclusive.

• PapaDoc223
    Options
    First of all i didnt cosign zombie calling Bossexcellence a ? . To me he went too far. Second of all if you feel that way about being not black then why do you care? You say you are lightskin and that they are not black then why are you so hard against interracial mixing then? You confuse me. So what is your point? If that is the case then you truly dont give a ? about the black race. You are here to cause confusion and division. I would rather have a lightskin brother like Eric Dyson on my side then a darkskin ? like Ben Carson any day. If a lightskin person is truly down with the cause i ? with them. If they are light skin or darkskin i dont give a ? as long they are willing to fight white supremacy and help bring unity to the community.

And please i know colorism is real and is a problem. The lightskin vs darkskin debate is detrimental to the black race.

Huey Newton was lightskin and considered himself black,Malcolm X was lightskin and considered himself black, Eric Dyson is light skin and considered himself black.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do not feed trolls people..
  • Ranxx
    Options
    First of all i didnt cosign zombie calling Bossexcellence a ? . To me he went too far. Second of all if you feel that way about being not black then why do you care? You say you are lightskin and that they are not black then why are you so hard against interracial mixing then? You confuse me. So what is your point? If that is the case then you truly dont give a ? about the black race. You are here to cause confusion and division. I would rather have a lightskin brother like Eric Dyson on my side then a darkskin ? like Ben Carson any day. If a lightskin person is truly down with the cause i ? with them. If they are light skin or darkskin i dont give a ? as long they are willing to fight white supremacy and help bring unity to the community.

And please i know colorism is real and is a problem. The lightskin vs darkskin debate is detrimental to the black race.

Huey Newton was lightskin and considered himself black,Malcolm X was lightskin and considered himself black, Eric Dyson is light skin and considered himself black.

You're wasting keystrokes bro that thing isn't interested in intelligent debate, just gave me 24 flag in the past half hour for calling out it's ?
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »

You're wasting keystrokes bro that thing isn't interested in intelligent debate, just gave me 24 flag in the past half hour for calling out it's ?

As if you're intelligent? You are the same ? calling for blacks to take on European personality attributes, because we are so removed from the continent. You are an uneducated bootlicking ? . Move on.
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    Options

How am I causing division when almost everything I stated I backed up with proof? I said East Africans were different from other Africans, I proved with many sources for that claim, you all denied it. I provided informational sources on the slave trade, you all denied it. I provided informational sources on the one drop rule, you all denied it. I provided informational sources on African DNA, you all denied it. The problem is that you people are sexist.

You people cherry picked light skin Africans who are a minority, as representation of a majority of the population. But what y'all fail to note is that light skin Africans that y'all was cherry picking often times come from African environments where little direct exposure to the sun is projected. African American geneticist and anthropologist Dr. Shomarka Keita of the Smithsonian Institution have done many published studies on this, but you all deny the reality. Even he, a black man recognize that East Africans are more similar to the mediterranean, but you all deny it here. You are the ones thats decisive, due to the fact, you want to discuss ? , but not at the point where new information challenges what you believe, this is why you all begin calling someone a troll, because their information is different from yours.

...And Just because someone fights against the system of white supremacy does not mean that they view themselves as being of the same as you. Lighter skin people have always had privilege in this system.

• DrJohnHenrikClarke
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm done discussing this topic.

Take away: Anybody can be black, no matter the race or mixture, and no matter what they are mixed with.

I even seen Nation of Islam dudes on Facebook claiming Kim Kardashian was black after she and Kanye took a picture with Farrakhan.

Anybody and everybody can be black. OK!
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    LOL @ East Africans being different from other Africans

Some moderator should remove this spammer from here. Tryna ruin this cool thread
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    So does the GNS not have mods that ban people anymore? Or is this accepted?

If you complain they just giveyou feelings
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    edited February 2015
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL @ East Africans being different from other Africans

East African groups, such as Ethiopians and Somalis, have great genetic resemblance to Caucasians and are clearly intermediate between sub-Saharan Africans and Caucasians. The existence of such intermediate groups should not, however, overshadow the fact that the greatest genetic structure that exists in the human population occurs at the racial level.

Source: (De Stefano et al. 2002)
    “Non sub-Saharan African samples are all grouped together…with…the Ethiopian Amharic sample [on the Y-chromosome]. Ethiopians are not statistically differentiated from the Egyptian and Tunisian samples, in agreement with their linguistic affiliation with the Afro-Asiatic family.”
    The occurrence of E*5 212 and E*5 204 alleles in two populations of the Mediterranean basin (Turkey and Italy) but not in West Africans can be explained by taking into account that the Ethiopian gene pool was estimated to be >40% of Caucasoid derivation (Cavalli-Sforza et al. 1994). In addition, more recent phylogenetic analysis based on classical protein polymorphism (Tartaglia et al. 1996) and Y-chromosome sequence variation (Underhill et al. 2000) showed that Ethiopians appear to be distinct from Africans and more closely associated with populations of the Mediterranean basin.

Source: (Scacchi et al. 2003)
    On the basis of historical, linguistic, and genetic data, it has been suggested that the Ethiopian population has been strongly affected by Caucasoid migrations since Neolithic times. On the basis of autosomal polymorphic loci, it has been estimated that 60% of the Ethiopian gene pool has an African origin, whereas ~40% is of Caucasoid derivation…. Our Ethiopian sample also lacks the sY81-G allele, which was associated with 86% and 69% of Senegalese and mixed-African YAP+ chromosomes, respectively. This suggests that male-mediated gene flow from Niger-Congo speakers to the Ethiopian population was probably very limited … Caucasoid gene flow into the Ethiopian gene pool occurred predominantly through males. Conversely, the Niger-Congo contribution to the Ethiopian population occurred mainly through females.*“

Source: (Poloni et al. 1997
    A high proportion of Ethiopian lineages, significantly more abundant in the northeast of that country, trace their western Eurasian origin in haplogroup N through assorted gene flow at different times and involving different source populations.

Source: (Toomas Kivisild et al.) Human Biology 75.2 (2003) 293-300
    The present composition of the Ethiopian population is the result of a complex and extensive intermixing of different peoples of North African, Near and Middle Eastern, and south-Saharan origin. The two main groups inhabiting the country are the Amhara, descended from Arabian conquerors, and the Oromo, the most important group among the Cushitic people. … The genetic distance analysis showed the separation between African and non-African populations, with the Amhara and Oromo located in an intermediate position.”

Source: (De Stefano et al. 2002)
    Most recently, Wilson et al. studied 354 individuals from 8 populations deriving from Africa (Bantus, Afro-Caribbeans and Ethiopians), Europe/Mideast (Norwegians, Ashkenazi Jews and Armenians), Asia (Chinese) and Pacific Islands (Papua New Guineans). Their study was based on cluster analysis using 39 microsatellite loci. Consistent with previous studies, they obtained evidence of four clusters representing the major continental(racial) divisions described above as African, Caucasian, Asian, and Pacific Islander. The one population in their analysis that was seemingly not clearly classified on continental grounds was the Ethiopians, who clustered more into the Caucasian group. But it is known that African populations with close contact with Middle East populations, including Ethiopians and North Africans, have had significant admixture from Middle Eastern (Caucasian) groups, and are thus more closely related to Caucasians.

READ THAT AGAIN, WHO ARE THEY MOST CLOSELY RELATED TO?

Source: Categorization of humans in biomedical research: genes, race and disease
    Neil Risch,1,2 Esteban Burchard,3 Elad Ziv,3 and Hua Tang4

race-twig.gif

et-graph.gif

Now whose trolling again?

CogDig.png
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    LOL

Now whose trolling again?

You still
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

You still posting that truth

anigif_longform-original-27041-1409770108-19.gif
  • Ranxx
    Options
    Yooo @DrJohnHenrikClarke just shut the ? up anthropology never helped any group of peoples advance so none of that ? is relevant to what needs to be done.

• TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't allow slavery era interpretations of race define me. All that one-drop and you're black, if you light enough to pass for white you're white, etc. If I did I'd be considered black. That's the epitome of slave mentality. I'm mixed and proud of it. We're entering the global age where racial boundaries will be non-existent. Everyone who clings to their race-centric ideologies will find it hard to advance, doing a disservice to their family and lineage.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are white Haitians? Damn.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    There are white Haitians? Damn.

There are white citizens of Haiti, yes.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This stupid ? still thinks black only = negroid
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »

You're proving my point, Africans/Black people whatever you want to call us are not a monolith. There are so many conflicting experiences, ideologies and agendas out there that to try and speak on whats best for us as a whole doesn't make sense. In London I've been around immigrants from all over Africa for years and they don't talk about pan african-ism, they talk about the country they're from and why it's better than everywhere else. My experience doesn't invalidate yours though, we just don't all want the same things in life.

I agree that black people aren't monolithic and I don't advocate pan-Africanism. You claimed, and I've heard this often, that Africans don't identify with pan-Africanism but I've come across countless Africans who identified with Western blacks and considered themselves to be pro (international) black unity that I could go on and on citing examples. This has been the norm when it comes to my observation of or experience with Africans. I've come across more than enough to make me assume that the majority of Africans hold some pan-Africanist sentiments (even if they also identify by country or ethnic group. Obviously tribalist Africans exist with the Rwandan genocide or the ethnic politics behind the assassination of Lumumba but I haven't personally seen that in the African immigrant community abroad and even on the continent I've heard of streets named after Garvey and other diasporan heroes, Ghana opening it's arms to black American immigrants, the Zambian flag colors-red,black, green and orange, and other African flags, patterned after Garvey's red black and green or the Ethiopian colors, even a cult in South Africa during apartheid that believed black Americans were coming to liberate them. The list goes on and on) but if I'm wrong and the pan-Africanist Africans are in the minority, you could have at least claimed 'the majority of Africans don't believe in pan-Africanism'. It would have made a difference. If the majority of Africans don't identify with pan-Africanism, I doubt the majority of American/WI black people do. But if I were to go post by post on this site or any other and count them, I'd bet the anti-African black Americans would be in the minority. Even if every single member of a group except one was racist or bigoted or flawed in some way, I wouldn't want to disrespect or ignore the one who wasn't.

Also, I can't speak on your experience in London but from what I've seen things like the 'Nigeria vs. Ghana/the rest of Africa' war is just playful rivalry. When someone like Nas (no disrespect to him, he's just one example because I remember him saying something like this once) says something like "some Africans look down on black Americans", for sure, some do, but has he honestly never come across any black American who looked down on Africans, even if they were in the minority? Anyone without bias can see that it goes both ways.

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    This stupid ? still thinks black only = negroid

None of those people you listed are/were black, including Lupita Nyong'o who is of Luo descent on both sides and has traditional black African features.