Somebody Done Told You Wrong: Black Celebrities Who Say They’re Not African American

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    Funny how black americans hate their origins.
    I cant speak for the west coast n Midwest, but alotta black American new yorkers hate the south, n ? on southners n thats where majority of them are from...
    Then black Americans hate Africa and that's where they from....

It's also funny how Africans come to America and ? on us.

But they show you love when you go over to Africa. Ask yourself why

And we don't show that to them here?

Many many of you don't Americans no matter the race tend to ? on immigrants.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I cant speak for the west coast n Midwest, but alotta black American new yorkers hate the south, n ? on southners n thats where majority of them are from...

When you have a family reunion don't act like some of the cousins don't be in the corner talkin about the other cousins and vice versa. It's just like that sometimes. Ain't no family perfect, but we are family, like it or not.

nah.. its all love at the reunion..
    depended on where we at thats who's rollin out the carpet..

maybe wit the old folks they talkin ? .. but the cousins?? hell nah.. we be on..

i missed the one in Chicago.. but the one we had in Houston was all love and they showed us the town.. was my first time ever goin.. and anyone who knows my posts knows i loved Houston from the very first trip i ever took thanx to my cousins..

then we had one here in Vegas.. i was only 21 at the time and yet to move here but on the west coast we showed them how we got down..

only thing i will say is when we all first met at my Aunts house in LA i said "whussup my ? " to my cousins from the South.. they look horrified.. they explained to me how they dont use the word "? ." on my momma i said "well we in LA.. out here we say ? ..." and thats when my peoples explained to them and they peoples im the crazy one in the family.. we all laughed and went on about our business..

i guess even then i knew witout knowin.. but i aint about to let nobody push they culture or ideals on me..

yeh i respect how u came up.. where u from all that jazz.. but i aint about to chamge to appease u.. that whole trip i called my cousins "aye my ? .." and when we was in the south i tried my best to watch what i said when out wit them out of respect tho..

sayin that to say ? . AFRICA. ans ? these African ? and wanna be African muthafuckas in here wantin us to identify wit us knowin ? well they dont ? wit us..

and to u ? ... accept who u are.. aint nothin wrong wit us.. we got alot to be proud about INSPITE of all the ? they throw at us.. when we learn to embrace OURSELF.. and stop givin a ? about others embracin us then and only then will we start makin some noise..
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2015
    Options
    its like ? in here several times referred to me as a ? .. as if thats a person rather then a profession.. i gices no ? tho.. i embrace who i am as well as what i do.. and it aint go stop me from doin it.. ? love lettin others shame them into feelin inferior..

thats that battered ? syndrome..

i make more money then these ? and parents combined.. u think they can tell me anything??
    i got ? in here resortin to claim8n "moral" victories?? lmmfao

all the ? we've done in this country.. fkr this country.. our contributions to this country cant nobody tell us ? ..

be proud black man..

Africa had no hand in this.. our resiliency did..
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    They don't always show love. ime

I think they see Blacks from America as … straight "AMERICAN" and with that they see a big dollar sign.
    The hustle gets turned up.

They won't call blacks from America " African American". They'll call us "American Black!"
    We're still foreign and and way too "different" from the natives.

Plus the term "African American" is an American invention so it doesn't make since to someone from Ghana or any other African country.

but clearly it depends on where you go.. but that was how it was in my experience.
  • CapitalB
    Options

Wrd. N african Blk americans don't ? on each other neither?

? , go smack some hoes.

now u soundin like these crackas my ? ..
    thats ur excuse?? thats ur rebuttal??
  • CapitalB
    Options

THIS!

No bruh, how many blood gang ? you hate for no reason and end up ? wit, even havin love for? I can think of a few on my side, I know you got a couple bein from cali and all.

i ? wit all colors..
    i be tryin to talk sense into these knuckle heads ..and quiet as kept. Ps are the only ? that cross color lines..

i remember in county they do rollcall..
    u first get in they askin u cuhz or blood.. u say ? u wit the Ps.. and guess who them.? would sit around and seek game from? i ? u not..

we was in there tryin to put them ? in a mental state to get out and get money and ? all the killin ? ..

i got love for all my ? ..
    we all from the same struggle..

? . AFRICA. tho. hahaha

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Some of ya'll ? trippin.... Look at how you dress, how you talk, how you act, look at how you act in crisis, how they fear you. You're culture, all that. How you gon turn your back on that???? You wanna know what's amazing. If you trace it back, and do some homework you'll know that all that i've mentioned above is you on steroids prior to us being taken and losing our identity. We're still very African in nature. It's just been so watered down by our lack of knowledge of self and their culture being pushed onto and fused with ours. Some music just touch your soul in a whole different way than others.. That's your genetics talkin ? . When you watch color purple, and they sing ? 's tryin to tell you somethin. You feel that? That's your culture talkin. That boom bap, that kick drum, you feel that. That's your culture talkin ? ? Them gold chains, that swag, you shine like a diamond and they lookin extra corny, they can't figure out how to do it like us because we do it so natural, even when they give us nothing.... That's your culture ? , it started centuries ago. Our culture was imitated then, and it's imitated now. I have no problem moving forward and forming something of our own, i'd love that. But there's no way, I will ever forget where I come from. Ya'll can front on it if ya'll want but it's right in front of you, and behind you stamped in time, we just don't have an understanding of it because for the most part, we don't care. I really don't see much difference here. It's just been so misguided that we lost. If we get it together on a large scale, it's a problem.

king8_nyimi-kok-mabiintosh-iii-drcongo.jpg

Homie sounding like ? on the intro of FWM lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZgZVl-V-Bk
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I take issue with Ubuntu's lengthy post. The late great Malcom X never used the phrase, "African American". It was definitely Jesse Jackson who coined the term and pushed for it's official use. "Afro-American was never an official designator.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    The black diaspora would include all blacks living outside of Africa (and Melanesia and the Andamanese islands since blacks are indigenous there as well)

Those of Melanesia and the Andamanese islands are not apart of the African diaspora. They are apart of the OOA (out of Africa) populations and adapted to a tropical climate, via climate adaptation (review the glogger effect), which is the result of the dark skin and features within their populations. Whites and Arabs are more genetically closer to Africans than the people of the Melanesia and the Andamanese islands. Such people, along with polynesians are genetically the most distant populations to Africans out of all races/human populations.

So white ppl n arabs are closer to us than these ppl huh?

Melanasia

melanesian_tours_eratap_villager.jpg

tumblr_myf2urX0Bw1qducpxo1_500.jpg

Bougainville_SportsDay_162.308220644_std.JPG

Adamanese

d32f6ba6ddcb2d579b34940e1f3695b6.jpg

from-left-to-right-neremo-and-his-father-late-nao-junior_2006.jpg

tumblr_mdyuj16tb21qducpxo1_500.jpg
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

THIS!

No bruh, how many blood gang ? you hate for no reason and end up ? wit, even havin love for? I can think of a few on my side, I know you got a couple bein from cali and all.

i ? wit all colors..
    i be tryin to talk sense into these knuckle heads ..and quiet as kept. Ps are the only ? that cross color lines..

u first get in they askin u cuhz or blood.. u say ? u wit the Ps.. and guess who them.? would sit around and seek game from? i ? u not..

we was in there tryin to put them ? in a mental state to get out and get money and ? all the killin ? ..

? . AFRICA. tho. hahaha

Yea, cause they wasn't taught that ya'll was the enemy. So it's like you neutral. I ain't ever mean mugged a white boy in traffic, unless he did some dumb ? . ? just stare at eachother in traffic just to either A) Be nosey and see who ridin what or with who. Or B) See who break they stare first on some what the ? you lookin at ? . It's like instinctively not like eachother in a lot of cases. I heard a quote, I think it was from the IC about seeking friendship from enemies because they really wanna be on your side. I feel like that's what happens a lot of the time. But pride get in the way. We can learn a lot from africans, but I see where you comin from, you basically like, them ? ain't fed me ? , or got me no money. But there's more to it than that. You don't have to be out here like Afrikka Bambbatta, but damn, at least acknowledge the motherland ? . That's your essence, just because you far from the origin don't mean you ain't a link in the chain.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BOSSExcellence if you had the opportunity to travel to Africa you wouldn't go?

And you're more or less dissing me in this thread bruh by saying "? Africa/Africans".. not cool

Not every African born person dislikes Black Americans; just lazy generalisations. I've stated it here on numerous occasions. I've been on this message board going to six years now and I'm cool with almost all of y'alls
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    i aint from Africa..

never been.. momma aint never been.. granny.. or great granny..

im American.. Black American if u wanna be specific..

Obama?? African American.. daddy from Africa.. see the difference..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

we really jus need to start from scratch..

Personally I don't like the term "African-American" because it's both too broad and too narrow at the same time..like you said if a 1st generation Nigerian lives here, then it's inaccurate to categorize them under the same ethnicity as somebody who descended from people brought here as slaves..

I prefer the term "Black Diasporic" for ethnicity, "Black" for race.

Lmfao gawd damn....

Diaspora- the dispersion of any people from their original homeland.

Show me a place on the map called "Black"?

Show me a place on the map called "Jewish"

...and yet there's a "Jewish Diaspora"

Jews are supposed to be from Judea... Dont believe the the white gentile ashkanazi (tribal germanic people) who call themselves jewish, they are neither from Judea nor from Hebrew descent (or the tribe of Judah).

Judea is modern day Palestine, so anybody who holds residence in this region would technically be a "Jew" regardless of their religious beliefs.

A modern day adaptation of the word however is Jeweler because this gentile group of fake hebrews traditionally controlled all the money.

The word jew tho wasnt even used till around 17th century, nor was J a letter til around the same time
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wrd. N african Blk americans don't ? on each other neither?

? , go smack some hoes.

now u soundin like these crackas my ? ..
    thats ur excuse?? thats ur rebuttal??
    ya the ones crying , "they ? on us" . For every ? they take on us, we take 29 more on each other.

How many africans a week , smash on a black american over trivial ? ???
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    The black diaspora would include all blacks living outside of Africa (and Melanesia and the Andamanese islands since blacks are indigenous there as well)

Those of Melanesia and the Andamanese islands are not apart of the African diaspora. They are apart of the OOA (out of Africa) populations and adapted to a tropical climate, via climate adaptation (review the glogger effect), which is the result of the dark skin and features within their populations. Whites and Arabs are more genetically closer to Africans than the people of the Melanesia and the Andamanese islands. Such people, along with polynesians are genetically the most distant populations to Africans out of all races/human populations.

Melanasia

melanesian_tours_eratap_villager.jpg

tumblr_myf2urX0Bw1qducpxo1_500.jpg

Bougainville_SportsDay_162.308220644_std.JPG

Adamanese

d32f6ba6ddcb2d579b34940e1f3695b6.jpg

from-left-to-right-neremo-and-his-father-late-nao-junior_2006.jpg

tumblr_mdyuj16tb21qducpxo1_500.jpg

It all depends on what identifiers you're using to compare "closeness." That's why race isn't real from a scientific standpoint. All those pics you posted may look like what is typically considered "Black" because they share the same obvious phenotypic traits with the West Africans that African Americans descend from. However, there are probably just as many genetic markers that we can't see that aren't shared with us and probably put them closer to groups like the Samoans, Filipinos, and Maori. Basically, people need to stop trying to make logical sense out of racial divisions. Those divisions are logical. The exist only to push whatever agenda racists have at the moment.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

And you're more or less dissing me in this thread bruh by saying "? Africa/Africans".. not cool

Not every African born person dislikes Black Americans; just lazy generalisations. I've stated it here on numerous occasions. I've been on this message board going to six years now and I'm cool with almost all of y'alls

nah not even my ? ..
    u takin my ? africa/africans too literal..

its part troll part real ? ..
    im not sayin ? africa/africans on some i cant stand africa i hate u ? ." ? .. i cant even recall ever sayin ? Africans.. im jus sayin we ..as in black people born in america need to form our own identity.. no other race or regional people can identify to our situation.. we're an anomaly of sorts.. we werent suppose to happen..

me sayin ? Africa to MY PEOPLE is the equivalent of sayin "forget about all that.. we here now.. quit lookin back and look foward." i simply say "? africa cause i see it gets these pompous pseudo ? in they feelings."

i got African homies i came up wit.. from Nigeria.. jus like i got white friends. and mexicans.. but i aint tryin to be white.. i aint tryin to be mexican and i aint tryin to be african..

thats pretty much the gist..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    and yeh.. id most definitely go to Africa.. ill go to Europe too..
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When you're talking literally then yes African diaspora also includes those who voluntarily migrated from the continent. However in this country, and really in the western hemisphere as a whole when you say "African Diaspora" it's understood that you're talking about the the results of the Atlantic Slave Trade.

So in that same vein, Black Diasporic as an ethnic identifier does include Black Jamaicans, Haitians, Black Brazillians in addition to Black Americans etc, but not the Siddis that you speak of. Black Americans have a long history of cultural ties to Jamaicans and Haitians so we should fall under the same ethnic umbrella, moreso than Africans who come to this country as immigrants.

Jamaican Americans don't descend from southern slaves but they descend from Africans who were kidnapped from their homelands and brought to the Western Hemisphere, just like Blacks in America, or Blacks in Canada, or Blacks in Haiti. So we should identify with each other because we have the same ethnic origin.

That may be the understanding in the U.S, that doesn't mean it's legitimate. Nigerians who move to Canada are part of the Nigerian diaspora. Nigerians are Africans so Nigerians in Canada, the U.S, the U.K and China are part of the African diaspora. Race/ethnicity may be subjective (and ultimately not important, to me) which is why I'm willing to accept a lot as just a point of view but I think you can still point out inconsistencies in some of the attitudes people have about it.

Why not black Indians (not even the Andamanese Negritos who aren't of African descent but the Siddis who do descend from African slaves)? Jamaicans, Haitians, black Latinos, black Barbadians etc. are descended from people who were victimized by the Atlantic slave trade but they still have different cultures. Furthermore, the experience of slaves in places like Jamaica, Haiti and Alabama were very different (even in the U.S, the system you had in the deep South, like Alabama, wasn't identical to what was practiced in Maryland. It was more brutal.). Slaves in Jamaica cut sugar cane, they didn't pick cotton. They outnumbered their white masters (although I think this is true for parts of the American South as well). In places like Haiti, they were allowed to maintain more of their West African culture (even in Latin America, they could practice some form of the traditional Yoruba religion). In Latin America and Haiti, there were probably different policies regarding the one drop rule and who qualified as black. Slavery throughout the British empire ended in 1834, 31-33 years before American slaves were freed. What cultural similarities do (Southern slave descended) black Americans have with West Indians and black Latinos that weren't inherited from their pre - slavery West African ancestors? You could almost argue that Zimbabweans and Indians are one ethnic group because they share a history of being subjugated by British colonialism. Even Native Americans were used as chattel slaves before Africans became the preference (I could mention early white indentured servants but as brutally as they were treated their condition was temporary and they signed on to it voluntarily to earn land or money or they were paying off debts).

Most blacks in Canada are of West Indian origin (around 62% apparently and around 30% are Jamaican specifically. I would have expected the number of W.I's to be higher but that's what the wiki page on black Canadians claims), most of the rest are African like me and a relatively small minority descend from freed black American slaves (most of them live in Nova Scotia and maybe parts of Southern Ontario). I don't know how many are black Latino or even black Middle Eastern or some other ethnic group. For the most part, I think Americans have a different attitude about race vs. ethnicity than the rest of the Western hemisphere or world in general. You will rarely hear someone in Canada or anywhere other than the U.S (or at least Canada since I live here) claim that Africans aren`t black, although I've heard it (from some whites, off the top of my head I can only think of a few West Indians who didn't consider Africans to be black), just not anywhere near as often as I've heard black Americans use 'black' interchangeably with '(Southern slave descended) black American' (not claiming that most do, but it's definitely more common in the U.S to use black as an ethnic or cultural marker). In Canada, there is no one black Canadian culture and most blacks descend from immigrants who came in the 1960's (when racial restrictions on immigration were abolished) or onward. Even if they don't always get along, I'm pretty sure its almost universally agreed in Canada and probably the U.K as well that the 'black community' or the 'black diaspora' includes both Africans and West Indians.

They're not of (modern) African descent but I would consider them to be black.
    In other words these all are words associated with the Trans Atlantic Slave trade..

Africans became 'black' during colonialism, when colonialists often set up oppressive regimes that involved racial segregation (similar to Jim Crow) or near slavery (Congolese rubber plantations where workers were sometimes mutilated if they didn't work fast enough - I have to read more about that, though), everyone knows about South African apartheid (probably way more brutal than what was the norm), etc.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options

004L.jpg?w=500

The Kingdom of Judah (Hebrew: מַמְלֶכֶת יְהוּדָה‎, Mamlekhet Yehuda) was a state established in the Southern Levant during the Iron Age, after the split of the United Monarchy. It is often referred to as the "Southern Kingdom" to distinguish it from the northern Kingdom of Israel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Judah.

The word "Jew" (in Hebrew, "Yehudi") is derived from the name Judah, which was the name of one of Jacob's twelve sons. Judah was the ancestor of one of the tribes of Israel, which was named after him. http://www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm

The burgundy colored country is Judah.
    CracceR wrote: »
    the one drop rule isn't real tho

Raised White, a Louisiana Belle Challenges Race Records That Call Her 'Colored'

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20083727,00.html

December 06, 1982

By Kent Demaret

Given the simple life she'd led, Susie Phipps, 48, had never needed formal proof of her identity. Then, four years ago, her husband Andy, 56, proposed a grand tour of Latin America as his way of thanking her for the years of self-sacrifice she'd put into their now thriving seafood business. One fall morning Susie set out from her small bayou community near Sulphur, La. and drove 230 miles to the Bureau of Vital Statistics in New Orleans. She was in quest of the birth certificate needed for her passport, but what she found was evidence of her identity that threatened to destroy her sense of who she was. As the clerk pushed the record across the counter, Susie was shocked to see her parents listed as "Col.," the bureaucratic abbreviation for colored.

"I told the clerk that it was wrong and to take it off," remembers Susie. "But she said she couldn't. She said it was the official record. I was mad. My mother and daddy weren't colored. They were white. My daddy even had blue eyes. If it was the other way around, If I was black, I'd be just as shocked and would want it fixed right." Burdened with a nightmare vision of Andy's reaction ("My husband is a proud man"), Susie tried secretly for a year to get the birth certificate changed. Finally she hired New Orleans attorney Brian Begue to champion her interests. The upshot has been a case, recently heard in state court, which indirectly challenges Louisiana's so-called "one thirty-second law." It designates as ? anyone with more than that fraction of black blood. Birth certificates in most states record race for purposes of identification, census and public health. Most states, and the U.S. Census Bureau, now follow a self-identification policy in registering race at birth. In Louisiana, however, a 1970 statute still on the books has snared Susie and thousands of others into racial classifications determined by fractions. If the ruling expected in the next two months goes against her, Susie vows to continue the fight, which has already cost $20,000, to the Louisiana Supreme Court.

"This is a test case," says H.M. Westholz, attorney for the Bureau of Vital Statistics, explaining that he is obliged to defend an existing law vigorously. "It is true that Susie is more white than black," Westholz concedes, but under the law there must be "no room for doubt" before a birth certificate is changed. Westholz also concedes that if the court forbids the state to classify race by fractions, it could cost the state federal funds for minority programs.

In Susie's case, a genealogist testifying for the state presented evidence that she is descended from a "free Negress" named Margarita, who married a Guillory (Susie's maiden name) in 1760. The state contended that other ancestors were mulattoes, quadroons and octoroons—outmoded expressions denoting mixed blood. Westholz was even able to produce depositions from some of Susie's relatives, including her mother's sister, who lived as "colored." Susie's lawyer, Begue, challenged the accuracy of the state's charts, pointing out that they were gathered from "Black Books" containing family records. Dr. Munro Edmonson, professor of anthropology at Tulane, testified that while the state's genealogy was "impressive, it says nothing at all about Mrs. Phipps' race." Genes are "shuffled" before birth, he explained, and a person can theoretically inherit all his genes from just two grandparents. Besides, Edmonson said—casually launching a missile that may elicit a barrage of vigorous objections—modern genetic studies show that blacks around the country average 25 percent white genes and whites five percent black genes. By these statistics, said Edmonson, and assuming the one thirty-second law prevailed, the entire native-born population of Louisiana could be considered black!

Reared in the Louisiana town of Mowata (Cajun patois for trains that stopped there for "mo wata"), Susie was the ninth of 10 children born to farmer Dominic Guillory and his wife, Simea. Susie's schooling was brief—she left in third grade—but she says she wanted more than Mowata had to offer. She had two children by an earlier marriage that did not work out. Finally, 20 years ago, she found industrious Andy Phipps. Working long hours with Andy—she helped unload shrimp boats and drove 10-wheel trucks to market—Susie helped him turn his seafood dealership into a prosperous operation.

It was while watching TV one evening in 1979 that Susie dared to tell her husband about her troubles. "You know, Andy," she said, "my birth certificate says I'm colored." "It does?" he responded. "Let me see it." He glanced at the sheet of paper and laughed. He suggested they treat it as a joke, but he saw how much the document mattered to Susie. "I think it's a bunch of humbug," says Andy. "I've known her family for 30 years. This hasn't made any changes in us. It's just plumb foolish. It's costing a lot of money. But I don't care. She wants it right, and we're going to get it right."

? need to stay in school and read a book. Namely the Bible and laws in their state.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    She holding the baby up with her head with what looks like to be dry wheat strings.Africans, the kings of making something out of nothing.

I always shake my head at some black people here who dont wanna embrace their blackness,givin the greatness of the African heritage...I couldn't wake up in the morning and be anything but black.Me personally I feel that im blessed with my melanin skin, never was ashamed of it and never will be.
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    DrJohnHenrikClarke Members Posts: 120
    Options

Correct.

It all depends on what identifiers you're using to compare "closeness." That's why race isn't real from a scientific standpoint. All those pics you posted may look like what is typically considered "Black" because they share the same obvious phenotypic traits with the West Africans that African Americans descend from. However, there are probably just as many genetic markers that we can't see that aren't shared with us and probably put them closer to groups like the Samoans, Filipinos, and Maori. Basically, people need to stop trying to make logical sense out of racial divisions. Those divisions are logical. The exist only to push whatever agenda racists have at the moment.

Race actually is real, and the DNA of human populations have been studied and are continually studied. Usually its people from powerless people who love to state that race does not exist, but humans populations are different based on genetics and bone morphology. Theres a study called Clines and Clusters by C. Loring Brace which you can read to see how we cluster genetically. People on here don't like when I mention it buts it's the truth.
  • CapitalB
    Options

THIS!

i ? wit all colors..

? . AFRICA. tho. hahaha

Yea, cause they wasn't taught that ya'll was the enemy. So it's like you neutral. I ain't ever mean mugged a white boy in traffic, unless he did some dumb ? . ? just stare at eachother in traffic just to either A) Be nosey and see who ridin what or with who. Or B) See who break they stare first on some what the ? you lookin at ? . It's like instinctively not like eachother in a lot of cases. I heard a quote, I think it was from the IC about seeking friendship from enemies because they really wanna be on your side. I feel like that's what happens a lot of the time. But pride get in the way. We can learn a lot from africans, but I see where you comin from, you basically like, them ? ain't fed me ? , or got me no money. But there's more to it than that. You don't have to be out here like Afrikka Bambbatta, but damn, at least acknowledge the motherland ? . That's your essence, just because you far from the origin don't mean you ain't a link in the chain.

no they wasnt.. i cant speak for other regions.. but Ps out of Cali all come from gang culture.. we jus rose above that ? .. we grew up crips.. and grew up bloods.. but we got past that.. i got ? i chop it up wit i never wouldve.. and got lil noggas listenin to me who never wouldve.. why?? cause we all from the same struggle...

cant no preacher reach them kids.. cant no preacher reach them.. no square.. cause theh dont know the struggle.. jus like cant no african reach us as black people.. no ? ..

we need to embrace ourselves..
    cause none of them can relate or know our struggle.. think of Africans as ? that grew up in the suburbs if u want a proper analogy.. we ? from the inner city.. we jus different..

as for that other ? .. mean muggin and ? .. thats a whole dofferent conversation but i will say ur generalizing like a muthafucka.. u watched Menace to Society too mamy times myG. lol
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

nah not even my ? ..
    u takin my ? africa/africans too literal..

its part troll part real ? ..
    im not sayin ? africa/africans on some i cant stand africa i hate u ? ." ? .. i cant even recall ever sayin ? Africans.. im jus sayin we ..as in black people born in america need to form our own identity.. no other race or regional people can identify to our situation.. we're an anomaly of sorts.. we werent suppose to happen..

me sayin ? Africa to MY PEOPLE is the equivalent of sayin "forget about all that.. we here now.. quit lookin back and look foward." i simply say "? africa cause i see it gets these pompous pseudo ? in they feelings."

i got African homies i came up wit.. from Nigeria.. jus like i got white friends. and mexicans.. but i aint tryin to be white.. i aint tryin to be mexican and i aint tryin to be african..

thats pretty much the gist..

Very strong words..
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint from Africa..

never been.. momma aint never been.. granny.. or great granny..

im American.. Black American if u wanna be specific..

Obama?? African American.. daddy from Africa.. see the difference..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

we really jus need to start from scratch..

Personally I don't like the term "African-American" because it's both too broad and too narrow at the same time..like you said if a 1st generation Nigerian lives here, then it's inaccurate to categorize them under the same ethnicity as somebody who descended from people brought here as slaves..

I prefer the term "Black Diasporic" for ethnicity, "Black" for race.

Lmfao gawd damn....

Diaspora- the dispersion of any people from their original homeland.

Show me a place on the map called "Black"?

Jews are supposed to be from Judea... Dont believe the the white gentile ashkanazi (tribal germanic people) who call themselves jewish, they are neither from Judea nor from Hebrew descent (or the tribe of Judah).

Judea is modern day Palestine, so anybody who holds residence in this region would technically be a "Jew" regardless of their religious beliefs.

A modern day adaptation of the word however is Jeweler because this gentile group of fake hebrews traditionally controlled all the money.

The word jew tho wasnt even used till around 17th century, nor was J a letter til around the same time

Cosign all of this however, "Jews" are from one of the two ancient Hebrew kingdoms : Kingdom of Judah AND Kingdom of Israel(known as Southern Kingdom and United Monarchy respectively). Those who descend from the ancient Kingdom of Israel are apart of the "Jewish Diaspora" as well.

Don't even get me started about the interloping that Europeans did later.