Somebody Done Told You Wrong: Black Celebrities Who Say They’re Not African American

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    i aint from Africa..

never been.. momma aint never been.. granny.. or great granny..

im American.. Black American if u wanna be specific..

Obama?? African American.. daddy from Africa.. see the difference..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

we really jus need to start from scratch..

So if an asian person had Asian-American parents, Asian-American grand parents, Asian-American great grand parents, Asian-American great great grandparents.
    Is that person still asian american, or yellow american???

ill worry about them muthafuckas when they start worryin about us..

? ..

Lmfao u was better off not responding, and ignoring the ?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Reading is fundamental guys

Karrine says that because she’s from St. Thomas, she doesn’t have a black “state of mind”:

Dude ppl from st thomas r black
    St-Thomas-Locals-1.jpg

4_St_Thomas_Majorettes.jpg

2mcyfqf.jpg

I guess Haitians n Jamaicans n Trinidadians dont have a black state of mind...

in the nation most times "black" = AFrican American. she never said she wasn't black anyway, she just said she was from the islands
    Address me with the topic i address , dont hit me with no left field stuff fam.
    I adress the fact that, she claims she don't have a black state of mind.yet she's from a country, that's blacker than America.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    super head was right tho.. she not an african american wtf lmfao

Had some homeboys from the islands, had no clue about racism or what a ? was.
    Met some Africans when I was in Nigeria, had no clue what a ? was.

When I was in Africa at the club, we got called white, basically saying we not African, but still called us their brothers and showed respect.

Can't fault Superhead for saying she from the islands and it's different, but them other sell-outs can ? themselves
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Reading is fundamental guys

Karrine says that because she’s from St. Thomas, she doesn’t have a black “state of mind”:

Dude ppl from st thomas r black
    St-Thomas-Locals-1.jpg

4_St_Thomas_Majorettes.jpg

2mcyfqf.jpg

I guess Haitians n Jamaicans n Trinidadians dont have a black state of mind...

in the nation most times "black" = AFrican American. she never said she wasn't black anyway, she just said she was from the islands
    Address me with the topic i address , dont hit me with no left field stuff fam.
    I adress the fact that, she claims she don't have a black state of mind.yet she's from a country, that's blacker than America.

nowhere on the quote did she say that.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint from Africa..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

So if an asian person had Asian-American parents, Asian-American grand parents, Asian-American great grand parents, Asian-American great great grandparents.
    Is that person still asian american, or yellow american???

ill worry about them muthafuckas when they start worryin about us..

? ..

Lmfao u was better off not responding, and ignoring the ?

no i wasnt.. yall always wanna bring others into the conversation when we talkin about us..

like why do u give a ? ?! seriously??
    cause they dont.. yall look to everyone everything and everywhere EXCEPT where ur suppose to be. smmfh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its not dumb to wanna be called African American but nothing wrong with wanting to be called black American.

Because you're really not identifying yourself with where you're from anyways.

It's not the same of being called Irish American or Mexican American. Those are countries.

But like ppl from Asian, yea we say asian Americans but they are quick to let you know what part. That's some ? yo ? we can't say. So it's mike were still lost.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CapitalB
    Options
    which is why i say we need to jus start from scratch.. that would eliminate all the confusion..

but yall keep worryin about how to be defined by a title.. ill focus on more pressing issues..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    where we need to be >>> where we from..
    yall ? hustlin backwards..
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint from Africa..

Slept on post....
    I took something from that ?
    we have to define ourselves
    no more living in the shadows
    when are we going to take our rightful place on this planet and restore balance?
    No more victim mentality
    it has to begin and end with us just like the phoenix that rises
    the first shall be last...
    When are we going to realize we are bigger than all this ? , there is a reason they fear us, a reason we have been kept back even though we still shine through
    We gotta be bigger and not play into this paradigm which we have been placed in, make your own reality
    We have been called savages so long we actually believe that ? , its time to shed that
    They separated us and now we separate ourselves?
    It is time to start over, right now
    restoring black excellence just takes collective consciousness
    ? is bickering everyday on trivial ? aint gonna get it
    im talking bout really breaking these chains
    we all want the same thing even though we might have different ideologies here
    yall need to wake up

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Rashida Jones but she's def the epitome of the girl I can never get with.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I don't day that cause she's biracial, I say it cause she's not fat.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    ? . africa. lol
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You never hear any people want to erase their lineage....But ? . Smh in disgust.

• CapitalB
    Options
    You never hear any people want to erase their lineage....But ? . Smh in disgust.

foh
    whats ur lineage ? ??
    what tribe of Africa are u from??
  • CapitalB
    Options
    whats yo last name while u at it "? "??
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As light as I am and as mixed as I am I consider myself African American black or whatever.I grew up in the projects and get treated like darker black people and was always considered black around whites.These celebs thinking they are anything more no matter what they are mixed with are living in the twilight zone.All of them are ? just like ray ray and pookie who stay on the block to whites and the rest of the world.I remember Hines Ward talking about facing discrimination because he was half black from Koreans.Being mixed don't mean ? .
  • CapitalB
    Options
    spirituality?? no
    health?? yes
    creativity?? yes
    intelligence?? an emphatic yes..

dont mistake my sayin its about green as money bein my ? .. cause its not..

i say that cause money makes this ? go round.. i want better for my people and i want them out of poverty.. and sittin here worried about an ethnic title aint go do it..

and again.. why do yall ? bring up ? other races are doin?!?! smmfh
  • CapitalB
    Options
    u ? stil... u know what??! nevermind. lol & smh
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spirituality?? no
    health?? yes
    creativity?? yes

i say that cause money makes this ? go round.. i want better for my people and i want them out of poverty.. and sittin here worried about an ethnic title aint go do it..

ill tell you why. Because they have pride in who they are, which is one of the reasons ? can't seem to get in positions to get any real "money" in the first place. I look at other races and I take the positives from what they do and apply it to my own family sometimes. I admire the way many foreign families stick together to achieve one common goal. Something 95 percent of jealous petty ass ? will and can never do. I bring up what other races do only when it can benefit us to do the same. No shame in that. Everything starts with self asteem....you're a ? ....you know that. I teach my child about African History...not just American slave history. We have a great history, and there should be no shame in acknowledging our history. Start from scratch? For what? Im good.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BLACK PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE MONEY african americans have close to a trillion dollars in spending power http://www.blackenterprise.com/small-business/african-american-buying-power-projected-trillions/ but blacks in american still ain't ? to this society because despite what people tell you money is not power.

power is power and power is control, black people control nothing the entire black middle class is basically a creation of the government.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    spirituality?? no
    health?? yes
    creativity?? yes

ill tell you why. Because they have pride in who they are, which is one of the reasons ? can't seem to get in positions to get any real "money" in the first place. I look at other races and I take the positives from what they do and apply it to my own family sometimes. I admire the way many foreign families stick together to achieve one common goal. Something 95 percent of jealous petty ass ? will and can never do. I bring up what other races do only when it can benefit us to do the same. No shame in that. Everything starts with self asteem....you're a ? ....you know that. I teach my child about African History...not just American slave history. We have a great history, and there should be no shame in acknowledging our history. Start from scratch? For what? Im good.

u cant even tell me what tribe u from tho?? all u know is Africa.. so in essence u dont know ? ..

u dont even know from the sounds of it Africa ur mother gave u up for adoption to the white man.. she aint want ur ass.. ur a ? orphan wit an identity crisis..

and i take pride in who i am..
    im a ? that like my ancestors were sold into ? and stripped of everything.. beaten.. ? .. and murdered.. "and still i rise."

im from South Central where ? get killed by ? mexicans and pigs "and still i rise" statistics said i wouldnt see 18 or be dead or in jail and yet??

oh i got alot to be proud about..

yall ? in here arguin about a title.. got ur kids studyin ? u dont even understand ur damn self when u could be out here tryin to make real power moves..

i dont see yall ? out here talkin bout buyin land.. startin businesses.. gettin whole life insurance policies or none of that ? .. how bout teachin yo kids that?!? financial stability and independence?? fiscal responsibility.. the importance in equity??

dont let "the ? " fool u.. u dont pray for change mr spirituality.. u make change! and it cost money to make money.. ask anyone wit it.. every fortune is built on crime..

yall ? dont have a clue man..
    its evident in ur post..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    BLACK PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE MONEY african americans have close to a trillion dollars in spending power http://www.blackenterprise.com/small-business/african-american-buying-power-projected-trillions/ but blacks in american still ain't ? to this society because despite what people tell you money is not power.

power is power and power is control, black people control nothing the entire black middle class is basically a creation of the government.

and here comes the residential lame on the topic at hand..