Somebody Done Told You Wrong: Black Celebrities Who Say They’re Not African American

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    BLACK PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE MONEY african americans have close to a trillion dollars in spending power http://www.blackenterprise.com/small-business/african-american-buying-power-projected-trillions/ but blacks in american still ain't ? to this society because despite what people tell you money is not power.

power is power and power is control, black people control nothing the entire black middle class is basically a creation of the government.

and here comes the residential lame on the topic at hand..

You are a simple minded idiot but i should expect nothing more from a ?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BLACK PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE MONEY african americans have close to a trillion dollars in spending power http://www.blackenterprise.com/small-business/african-american-buying-power-projected-trillions/ but blacks in american still ain't ? to this society because despite what people tell you money is not power.

power is power and power is control, black people control nothing the entire black middle class is basically a creation of the government.

says the ? who can only retort "i hate whitey"
    or "islam the religion of peace"..

? ur as simple as they come..
    which is why i stated residential.. these the only threads i see u in.. talkin the same ? ..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    "im african."

me: oh yeh.. which part??

"iunno.. but im african tho."

hahaha yeh my ? @THIRDSUPREME good luck in life my ? ..

u on the right track. hahaha
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spirituality?? no
    health?? yes
    creativity?? yes
    intelligence?? an emphatic yes..

dont mistake my sayin its about green as money bein my ? .. cause its not..

i say that cause money makes this ? go round.. i want better for my people and i want them out of poverty.. and sittin here worried about an ethnic title aint go do it..

and again.. why do yall ? bring up ? other races are doin?!?! smmfh

ill tell you why. Because they have pride in who they are, which is one of the reasons ? can't seem to get in positions to get any real "money" in the first place. I look at other races and I take the positives from what they do and apply it to my own family sometimes. I admire the way many foreign families stick together to achieve one common goal. Something 95 percent of jealous petty ass ? will and can never do. I bring up what other races do only when it can benefit us to do the same. No shame in that. Everything starts with self asteem....you're a ? ....you know that. I teach my child about African History...not just American slave history. We have a great history, and there should be no shame in acknowledging our history. Start from scratch? For what? Im good.

u cant even tell me what tribe u from tho?? all u know is Africa.. so in essence u dont know ? ..

u dont even know from the sounds of it Africa ur mother gave u up for adoption to the white man.. she aint want ur ass.. ur a ? orphan wit an identity crisis..

and i take pride in who i am..
    im a ? that like my ancestors were sold into ? and stripped of everything.. beaten.. ? .. and murdered.. "and still i rise."

im from South Central where ? get killed by ? mexicans and pigs "and still i rise" statistics said i wouldnt see 18 or be dead or in jail and yet??

oh i got alot to be proud about..

yall ? in here arguin about a title.. got ur kids studyin ? u dont even understand ur damn self when u could be out here tryin to make real power moves..

i dont see yall ? out here talkin bout buyin land.. startin businesses.. gettin whole life insurance policies or none of that ? .. how bout teachin yo kids that?!? financial stability and independence?? fiscal responsibility.. the importance in equity??

dont let "the ? " fool u.. u dont pray for change mr spirituality.. u make change! and it cost money to make money.. ask anyone wit it.. every fortune is built on crime..

yall ? dont have a clue man..
    its evident in ur post..

You must be ? or high right now. When have I ever spoke on my finances or what I own or what I teach mine about economics?
    What does that have to do with this conversation?
    Knowing what tribe I'm from means nothing. We are all from Africa.
    We were sold/taken....
    so the ? what....you bitter about that ? ?
    Man look....every time there is a discussion about something regarding race you start talking this money ? like everyone is broke except you.

Dude....your kids know what you do for a living?

I would rather die than for my daughter to know that Im a ? . So lets chill with the judgement...I have morals b, Im one up on you till the day I die. Believe that.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

says the ? who can only retort "i hate whitey"
    or "islam the religion of peace"..

? ur as simple as they come..
    which is why i stated residential.. these the only threads i see u in.. talkin the same ? ..

I don't hate white people if you had better reading skills you would know that by now and I post all over this forum.
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2015
    Options
    spirituality?? no
    health?? yes
    creativity?? yes

i say that cause money makes this ? go round.. i want better for my people and i want them out of poverty.. and sittin here worried about an ethnic title aint go do it..

ill tell you why. Because they have pride in who they are, which is one of the reasons ? can't seem to get in positions to get any real "money" in the first place. I look at other races and I take the positives from what they do and apply it to my own family sometimes. I admire the way many foreign families stick together to achieve one common goal. Something 95 percent of jealous petty ass ? will and can never do. I bring up what other races do only when it can benefit us to do the same. No shame in that. Everything starts with self asteem....you're a ? ....you know that. I teach my child about African History...not just American slave history. We have a great history, and there should be no shame in acknowledging our history. Start from scratch? For what? Im good.

u cant even tell me what tribe u from tho?? all u know is Africa.. so in essence u dont know ? ..

u dont even know from the sounds of it Africa ur mother gave u up for adoption to the white man.. she aint want ur ass.. ur a ? orphan wit an identity crisis..

im a ? that like my ancestors were sold into ? and stripped of everything.. beaten.. ? .. and murdered.. "and still i rise."

im from South Central where ? get killed by ? mexicans and pigs "and still i rise" statistics said i wouldnt see 18 or be dead or in jail and yet??

yall ? in here arguin about a title.. got ur kids studyin ? u dont even understand ur damn self when u could be out here tryin to make real power moves..

i dont see yall ? out here talkin bout buyin land.. startin businesses.. gettin whole life insurance policies or none of that ? .. how bout teachin yo kids that?!? financial stability and independence?? fiscal responsibility.. the importance in equity??

dont let "the ? " fool u.. u dont pray for change mr spirituality.. u make change! and it cost money to make money.. ask anyone wit it.. every fortune is built on crime..

its evident in ur post..

You must be ? or high right now. When have I ever spoke on my finances or what I own or what I teach mine about economics?
    We were sold/taken....
    Man look....every time there is a discussion about something regarding race you start talking this money ? like everyone is broke except you.

I would rather die than for my daughter to know that Im a ? . So lets chill with the judgement...I have morals b, Im one up on you till the day I die. Believe that.

actually u brought up money.. sayin its what i worship and i clarified it for u..
    but anyways.. u tell me without telling me.. u aint gettin it.. it aint always what u say ..sometimes its what u don't..
    and u don't come off to me as a ? gettin money.. gettin handed money?? maybe... and maybe even lots.. but u don't have the mentality of one who goes out and makes his way..

and id rather die then have my daughter see me as some ? punchin a clock poor makin the next muthafucka rich..

knowin ur tribe means everything.. "them irish kids" can tell u.. and if they can't.. bet they can go ask they parents..
    if u go be about it BE ABOUT IT.. which is why i don't take u ? serious.. still didn't tell me ur last name?? did u change it?? whats ur kids last name?? whats their first?? bet u gave them one to make it easy to get a job huh??

and ? yo morals ? .. thats what they gave u to keep yo ass where u at.. if u had any u wouldn't stand for the ? u do... if u had any integrity u wouldn't allow the ? u do.. if u had any self respect u wouldn't be in here whining about the ? u are..

nah.. i got u beat son.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    the coonery the has sprouted since i posted in the thread is amazing....

now yall want to just be american now....

u wouldn't understand..
    nor do i expect u to..
  • CapitalB
    Options

u wouldn't understand..
    nor do i expect u to..

yeah i dont understand ? ? , nor do i expect to...

aint nothin ? about that..
    jus cause we say ? where u from..

we aint from there.
    u on the other hand are u ? immigrant??

apples and oranges..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    ? in here cant name one african dish but wanna be african?!? bet u they know bout some collards tho..

yall ? is ? ..

deal wit it. lol
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Support the hand that feeds you and only that. - america.

The problem comes when that hand is of a different color..
  • CapitalB
    Options

u wouldn't understand..
    nor do i expect u to..

yeah i dont understand ? ? , nor do i expect to...

aint nothin ? about that..
    jus cause we say ? where u from..

we aint from there.
    u on the other hand are u ? immigrant??

apples and oranges..

and you aint ?

unless you native america , miss me with this nonsense

? i aint come over here lookin for better opportunities.. like i tell thag foreign french ? ..

some ? u should shut the ? up about..

? is u to call anything ? ?!! u jus live here ? .. u aint from here.. ur opinion on all things "bein BLACK in America" is invalid..

now go back to bootleggin purses.. doin credit scams and fixin tax returns ? ? ..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Support the hand that feeds you and only that. - america.

The problem comes when that hand is of a different color..

only solution to that tho is to learn to feed urself..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    that or let ur "morals" get in the way. hahahaha
  • CapitalB
    Options
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    i aint from Africa..

never been.. momma aint never been.. granny.. or great granny..

im American.. Black American if u wanna be specific..

Obama?? African American.. daddy from Africa.. see the difference..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

we really jus need to start from scratch..

2376744_orig.png

there was a thread a few weeks back and ? didn't get what @BOSSExcellence was talm bout when he referred to this exact scene.

I'll never agree with that bs.? America and being American.My ppl didn't come here freely.

They came from Africa after being kidnapped by Americans and Europeans.

I could never proudly say I'm American,but we did built this ? ? so we have a right to call ourslves American more than anybody.

We are African American because we can't trace our country because..slavery.

It's silly to ? on all your ancestors who came before your "granny" who is African.

I don't get that thinking at all.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    i aint from Africa..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

2376744_orig.png

there was a thread a few weeks back and ? didn't get what @BOSSExcellence was talm bout when he referred to this exact scene.

I'll never agree with that bs.? America and being American.My ppl didn't come here freely.

They came from Africa after being kidnapped by Americans and Europeans.

I could never proudly say I'm American,but we did built this ? ? so we have a right to call ourslves American more than anybody.

We are African American because we can't trace our country because..slavery.

It's silly to ? on all your ancestors who came before your "granny" who is African.

I don't get that thinking at all.

thats cause u over there thinkin we got kidnapped..

when u realize Africans sold yo ass traded u as a ? commodity u wont be so proud to identify wit them either..

we are in accordance tho thay we built this muthafucka so we have a right to be here.. which is why i say whats wrong wit bein "American"
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint from Africa..

Y'all listen to rap but the art was based on African story telling by the griots oh okay. Y'all love bass and beats but Africa is known for the excessive use of drums and base. Y'all love using Ebonics as a vernacular but its origins by linguists show it's Niger Congo vernacular. If you ever saw a voodoo or any west African spiritual celebration you would have thoight it was an ordinary black day at church. The roots are way too strong.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    i aint from Africa..

Y'all listen to rap but the art was based on African story telling by the griots oh okay. Y'all love bass and beats but Africa is known for the excessive use of drums and base. Y'all love using Ebonics as a vernacular but its origins by linguists show it's Niger Congo vernacular. If you ever saw a voodoo or any west African spiritual celebration you would have thoight it was an ordinary black day at church. The roots are way too strong.

so...
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    spirituality?? no
    health?? yes
    creativity?? yes

its evident in ur post..

We were sold/taken....

actually u brought up money.. sayin its what i worship and i clarified it for u..
    but anyways.. u tell me without telling me.. u aint gettin it.. it aint always what u say ..sometimes its what u don't..
    and u don't come off to me as a ? gettin money.. gettin handed money?? maybe... and maybe even lots.. but u don't have the mentality of one who goes out and makes his way..

and id rather die then have my daughter see me as some ? punchin a clock poor makin the next muthafucka rich..

knowin ur tribe means everything.. "them irish kids" can tell u.. and if they can't.. bet they can go ask they parents..
    if u go be about it BE ABOUT IT.. which is why i don't take u ? serious.. still didn't tell me ur last name?? did u change it?? whats ur kids last name?? whats their first?? bet u gave them one to make it easy to get a job huh??

and ? yo morals ? .. thats what they gave u to keep yo ass where u at.. if u had any u wouldn't stand for the ? u do... if u had any integrity u wouldn't allow the ? u do.. if u had any self respect u wouldn't be in here whining about the ? u are..

nah.. i got u beat son.

Yeah...

Let all those woman like tendencies out my ? .

"Id rather die then let my daughter see me punch a clock." Boss Excellence.
    1355.gif

As I said before... you have no idea who I am or what I've done. What deeds are in my name, what family I come from, what school's Ive graduated from, or how many tours I've done. Then exactly like a hoe would do, the first thing you bring up (and you did bring the ? up) is this money ? .. It screams that you never had ? growing up and though I feel sorry for you, you wouldn't have had to sell your soul to make a few dollars if you were even one tenth of the man you claim to be.
    My dude....
    In most niggerish circles you're that ? , people prop you up and make you seem like some kind of folkloreish hero of some sort. All the nothing ass dusty ? ass ? wish they could be you. All the burnt out, no self asteem having, amoral ? flock to you because being a ? means, you're that ? . Well, good for you bro, but everybody else sees you for who you are. A ? that beats on and exploits women and underage girls (dont say you dont ? ) who are lost in the world and looking for some guidance. A ? that's in the same circles as child molesters, rapists, and all kind of sick ass weirdos day after day. This....is what you have to be proud of? Bruh if you make 10 million and I make a hundrend thousand I won.

Keep telling yourself whatever you'd like to believe, the fact remains, you're one of the worst kind of ? we have in our community.

Shout out to all my real Africans.

• CapitalB
    Options
    ^^^stopped readin at "you have no idea who i am... blah blah blah.. such and such.."

cause lemme guess.. u aint go tell me right?? hahaha

okay Jay Z's nephew. lol
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Lol! You read every word of that ? .....and right now youre having a moment of self reflection. It will be okay.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    nah... actually i didnt..
    i have no reason to lie..

nothin no square ass ? go tell me make me self reflect..
    i grow tired of this thread anyway.. yall ? can stay loss for all i care..

but make no mistake about it.. aint no "will be" to it..

i am okay.. im makin moves and im shakin up ? while u over there claimin ? u know nothin about. lol
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    Add the great Smokey Robinson to this list.

Paraphrasing here, but he said that the term African American is silly and he simply considers himself as black.

I got hit with wacks and downvotes, but all that I did was educate the board about Smokey Robinson's viewpoint......

giphy.gif
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    Reading is fundamental guys

Karrine says that because she’s from St. Thomas, she doesn’t have a black “state of mind”:

Dude ppl from st thomas r black
    St-Thomas-Locals-1.jpg

4_St_Thomas_Majorettes.jpg

2mcyfqf.jpg

I guess Haitians n Jamaicans n Trinidadians dont have a black state of mind...

in the nation most times "black" = AFrican American. she never said she wasn't black anyway, she just said she was from the islands
    Address me with the topic i address , dont hit me with no left field stuff fam.
    I adress the fact that, she claims she don't have a black state of mind.yet she's from a country, that's blacker than America.

Do you understand the comment i made?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay. Zoe isnt black anyway. And I understand why some blacks dont identify with african american. The "african american" designation is the most recent and was chosen to identify with african roots, to bring a sense of pride since blacks feel identifying with the past brings such (which is so far from the truth).

Truth is, blacks in America are so far removed from the african american identification.