Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You didn't need much strategy to beat the bosses in the Souls games. You just needed to learn their moves and patterns. Once you were good with that, it was actually pretty hard to lose against most of them. The bosses in this game are MUCH better at switching things up and reacting based on what you do.

Almost all the bosses seem to have ways of altering their attacks too, which the bosses didn't have at all in the Souls series.

Wow it's the exact opposite IMO. You definitely did need strategy in the Souls game though... to the point where you had to wear certain gear and rings to fight different bosses or go into levels (especially Demon's Souls)... and bosses did different moves depending on if you were fighting with a melee or ranged (which you can't even really do in Bloodborne) strategy. Frenzy or poison isn't much of a factor other than in 2 short areas of the game.

Honestly, I didn't even need to learn many of the bosses' movesets in this game since most everything is so slow I could see than coming and dodge. 80% of the bosses in this game I just had to stay behind them and attack.

There's no Armor Spider or Red Dragon like in Demon's Souls.

There are no bosses that create a sea of fire or lava like the Chaos Witch Quelaag or any fights that are more of a puzzle like the Bed of Chaos DS1.

And there is NOTHING close to as hard as the Four Kings fight. That fight with those 3 dudes at the end of the Forest was a joke.

I think I just need to bite the bullet and actually level up a little. This whole fighting a boss until there are one or two hits left and then getting one shotted by a move I didn't even know he had despite having fought him 10 times is for the birds. Hell, to put it into perspective. I wasn't able to beat the last three bosses I've fought until I could go the whole fight without getting hit once. I never had to do any ? like that in the Souls games.
    Lol yeah honestly I think you just must be a low level for where you are.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    In my opinion the game is easier than either Dark Souls or Demon's Souls. Then again the combat is tailor made to the style I tried to play in those games.

Yeah...Bloodborne is definitely easier than the Souls games. Then again, it may just be all of the time I put into those other games that made this one feel easier. ? got me wishing I could go back and play Demon Souls.

**patiently awaits HD PS4 version**
    KillaCham wrote: »
    ^ This game is all-around easier for me. The levels are definitely easier. There aren't any enemies I've ran across that have me like "oh ? , lemme not ? with this" .. aight maybe some of the Hunters and those Squidward looking joints... and those brain ? that give Frenzy and those ? outside Cainhurt Castle, but still. This game is more freaky than anything.

The bosses are easier as well. A lot of them have the same strategy whereas in the Souls game you needed a ? game plan every time. Only boss I can't ? with yet is that Ebietras ? . Father Gascoigne and Martyr Logarius gave me a tough time as well but otherwise the bosses have been 1 or 2 tries and done.

Yeah Ebrietas can be a ? . I just lock on and lure her into doing that slam where her head drops to the ground....then run in heavy hit once or twice...back up...rinse and repeat. Just gotta watch for that damn charge move & haul ass when she starts shooting the lasers. You can beat Father Gascoige w/o getting hit. All you have to do is make him follow you by running up the stairs and get on the roof of that building....then hit him w/ a heavy/stagger move as soon as he drops off the ledge to land on the roof w/ you. Run off the roof...back up the stairs....rinse and repeat. Luring enemies/bosses into exposing themselves makes the game a lot easier.
    I beat him pretty easily when I learned that I could visceral counter his sky attacks.. just lured him into doing them and punished him for it.

Yeah...Bloodborne is definitely easier than the Souls games. Then again, it may just be all of the time I put into those other games that made this one feel easier.

^ true facts. I still have 2 PS3s and Demon's Souls too though. Def wanna go back.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow it's the exact opposite IMO. You definitely did need strategy in the Souls game though... to the point where you had to wear certain gear and rings to fight different bosses or go into levels (especially Demon's Souls)... and bosses did different moves depending on if you were fighting with a melee or ranged (which you can't even really do in Bloodborne) strategy. Frenzy or poison isn't much of a factor other than in 2 short areas of the game.

Honestly, I didn't even need to learn many of the bosses' movesets in this game since most everything is so slow I could see than coming and dodge. 80% of the bosses in this game I just had to stay behind them and attack.

There are no bosses that create a sea of fire or lava like the Chaos Witch Quelaag or any fights that are more of a puzzle like the Bed of Chaos DS1.

And there is NOTHING close to as hard as the Four Kings fight. That fight with those 3 dudes at the end of the Forest was a joke.

I can understand what you're saying, but yeah I guess we have opposite experiences. In the Souls games, I never really changed my equipment unless I found something I liked better. I never did anything special or changed anything to beat bosses. My levels were pretty low. I'm trying the same with BB and it's not going so well.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my opinion the game is easier than either Dark Souls or Demon's Souls. Then again the combat is tailor made to the style I tried to play in those games.

Yeah...Bloodborne is definitely easier than the Souls games. Then again, it may just be all of the time I put into those other games that made this one feel easier. ? got me wishing I could go back and play Demon Souls.

^ This game is all-around easier for me. The levels are definitely easier. There aren't any enemies I've ran across that have me like "oh ? , lemme not ? with this" .. aight maybe some of the Hunters and those Squidward looking joints... and those brain ? that give Frenzy and those ? outside Cainhurt Castle, but still. This game is more freaky than anything.

The bosses are easier as well. A lot of them have the same strategy whereas in the Souls game you needed a ? game plan every time. Only boss I can't ? with yet is that Ebietras ? . Father Gascoigne and Martyr Logarius gave me a tough time as well but otherwise the bosses have been 1 or 2 tries and done.

Yeah Ebrietas can be a ? . I just lock on and lure her into doing that slam where her head drops to the ground....then run in heavy hit once or twice...back up...rinse and repeat. Just gotta watch for that damn charge move & haul ass when she starts shooting the lasers. You can beat Father Gascoige w/o getting hit. All you have to do is make him follow you by running up the stairs and get on the roof of that building....then hit him w/ a heavy/stagger move as soon as he drops off the ledge to land on the roof w/ you. Run off the roof...back up the stairs....rinse and repeat. Luring enemies/bosses into exposing themselves makes the game a lot easier.
    I beat him pretty easily when I learned that I could visceral counter his sky attacks.. just lured him into doing them and punished him for it.

Yeah...Bloodborne is definitely easier than the Souls games. Then again, it may just be all of the time I put into those other games that made this one feel easier.

^ true facts. I still have 2 PS3s and Demon's Souls too though. Def wanna go back.

Have you beaten

The hideous beast of Loran and its variations like fighting in a small area?

The Loran darkbeast?

Have you finished the level 5 vivious chalice , the one where you get half your life bar?

If not try bruh it its worth the challenge.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    I think that the developpers were chasing both the casual and ? gamers.

Without doing the extra stuffs like side bosses the game is deemed easy for those WHO ARE USED TO Souls games. For a newbie its very hard. Plus these newcomers dont have a block or a shield so its kinda stressfull.

For the seasoned players you got the labyrinths that will give you a proper challenge imo
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Aight ? it, I'm just going to level up then. I'm tired of dying against guys that are supposed to be easy. Beside based on Lemz comments, leveling won't cancel the difficulty of the extra stuff so it's all good.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can understand what you're saying, but yeah I guess we have opposite experiences. In the Souls games, I never really changed my equipment unless I found something I liked better. I never did anything special or changed anything to beat bosses. My levels were pretty low. I'm trying the same with BB and it's not going so well.

Same here. The only time I changed armor in any of the Souls games was putting on heavy armor to tank the Four Kings. Aside from that, I'll either run w/ the same light armor throughout the game, or no armor at all.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you beaten

The hideous beast of Loran and its variations like fighting in a small area?

The Loran darkbeast?

Have you finished the level 5 vivious chalice , the one where you get half your life bar?

If not try bruh it its worth the challenge.

Chalice dungeons are also a great place to level up quick once you get to the harder ones. It's not uncommon to get 60K-100K for killing all of the enemies in one room alone.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was reading this thread while in gamestop to help me decide of I was going to buy it. Naa not sold on it yet.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was reading this thread while in gamestop to help me decide of I was going to buy it. Naa not sold on it yet.

You can't play it anyway lol
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options

Why not?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Why not?

You don't have a PS4 correct?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options

Why not?

You don't have a PS4
    correct?

charlie-murphy-wrong-o.gif
    smqc81.jpg

stop thinkin u know ? .
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Why not?

You don't have a PS4
    correct?

charlie-murphy-wrong-o.gif
    smqc81.jpg

stop thinkin u know ? .

2sREC.gif
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Level 198

Still two labyrinths to go.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How many Labyrinths are there? I just beat the Blood Starved beast and lit the lantern, I think it said I am suppose to go to some temple? I stopped playing for a week ended up going back to the church and went outside and now they got some monsters carrying a bag over their shoulders, strong as hell
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »

I just watched this. What level were you on? I just fought that guy. Now I know why I'm finding bosses so much harder than everyone else. You got damn near twice as much life as me and were taking off almost three times as much life as I do. lol
  • Trollio
    Options

I just watched this. What level were you on? I just fought that guy. Now I know why I'm finding bosses so much harder than everyone else. You got damn near twice as much life as me and were taking off almost three times as much life as I do. lol

I was around level 95 plus my weapon is maxed out n does added bolt damage.

I can ? any boss up close long as I stick n move.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Damn dog, have you already beaten the game and were just going back through the Chalice Dungeons or did you pump yourself up like that to go through the game? If it's the latter, you pretty much defeated the purpose of the game.
  • Trollio
    Options

Damn dog, have you already beaten the game and were just going back through the Chalice Dungeons or did you pump yourself up like that to go through the game? If it's the latter, you pretty much defeated the purpose of the game.

I killed every boss in the game except the last three and I need to be close to my level to have a decent fight.

Trying to do everything in one swoop
  • KillaCham
    Options
    I did that last night.. don't remember if I saved the footage but it was a good fight. I busted him up. Ima upload vids tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Beat vicar amelia on the third try...

Now im fighting these two hunters. That keep killing me

do you have the sword that changes itself into a whip?

its very usefull against them cause of its quickness and range
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.