BLOODBORNE - PS4 Exclusive: OVER 2 MILLION copies sold

Options

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm at the forbidden woods how far along in the game would you guys say I am at? Halfway?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I'm at the forbidden woods how far along in the game would you guys say I am at? Halfway?

How far along you are is a little subjective since a lot of the game is optional.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    Looks like they improved the loading times today. The game is a lot more enjoyable for those of us still getting our ? kicked. I'm at the Cainhurst boss now, and this dude is spamming AOE attacks that all ? me in one hit, WTF?

Bolt paper+ threaded cane works wonders

Fire paper+anything works well too.

Just rush him, attack n dodge his scythe attack

Yeah, I did some grinding so I could buy Bolt paper. I'll give that a try. I figured out how to beat him, and if he only did the scythe when I get close he'd be easy. My problem is that he frequently pulls off that back dash into an explosive skull. It always manages to hit me at least once, and I can't survive it even with full life.
    Parry and visceral attack his sky attacks. Cake.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got bored & started NG++ last night. I need to quit bs'ing and finish these chalice dungeons.
  • nex gin
    Options
    Looks like they improved the loading times today. The game is a lot more enjoyable for those of us still getting our ? kicked. I'm at the Cainhurst boss now, and this dude is spamming AOE attacks that all ? me in one hit, WTF?

Yeah, I did some grinding so I could buy Bolt paper. I'll give that a try. I figured out how to beat him, and if he only did the scythe when I get close he'd be easy. My problem is that he frequently pulls off that back dash into an explosive skull. It always manages to hit me at least once, and I can't survive it even with full life.

Don't waste your money buying those items. You shouldn't really need to use any of them throughout the whole game unless you just want to play around w/ them. You can buy them w/ Insight at your home spot which is a lot cheaper than the echos imo. I waited until I had 99 Insight and used those instead of echos to buy the expensive non-essential items.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    I played the game straight up im at the woods how far am I about?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »

Don't waste your money buying those items. You shouldn't really need to use any of them throughout the whole game unless you just want to play around w/ them. You can buy them w/ Insight at your home spot which is a lot cheaper than the echos imo. I waited until I had 99 Insight and used those instead of echos to buy the expensive non-essential items.

lol Yeah do kinda need to use them, because I don't take off much life. Bolt paper is the difference between a boss fight taking half an hour and it taking 15 - 20 mins for me. Besides, I always have a ? load of echoes since I don't use them to level up.

The bosses probably ain't as hard as I make them seem. It's just that everything kills me so easily so it's frustrating at times. Like with the boss I mention, I played him again and basically beat his ass without getting hit down til he was at about half life. Then he started charging up. I ran about half a screen away thinking I was safe for the big attack I knew was coming. It came and hit me even at that distance and killed me at full life. So basically, if you're running a relatively low level character blind, you're going to get killed sometimes and there's not always anything you can do about it.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

first part is when you dodge his magic skulls and hit him

second part is when he gets angry and pursue you. use the gun that shoot two bullets to stun him then hit him with a visceral attack
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    finished the game last night. ill replay it later.

what is sure is that its worth the money spent . what a nightmare!!!

im level 203 so NG + apparently wont be a problem for me . plus i got the final boss weapon which has a wider range than the whip...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

first part is when you dodge his magic skulls and hit him

second part is when he gets angry and pursue you. use the gun that shoot two bullets to stun him then hit him with a visceral attack

Yeah I figured it out. Like I said, it just takes me a lot of tries because every mistake I make means death.

Thanks for the tip about the Repeating Revolver though. If I can't beat him my standard way, I might resort to using that.
  • nex gin
    Options

im level 203 so NG + apparently wont be a problem for me . plus i got the final boss weapon which has a wider range than the whip...

I'm man handling enemies @ level 172 on NG++ so you definitely shouldn't have problem @ 203.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ? is the deal with that guy with the Gatling gun? He lucky I fell off the bridge as I was making my way through old yharnam.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    You can level up quick as hell in the forbidden woods
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I was feeling strong going through old yharnam, killed the blood staved beast second try no real problems. Went back to the cathedral ward got kidnapped drugged and woke up in a jail cell, and got humbled quick

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Finished Pthumeru, Central Pthumeru, and Lower Pthumeru Chalices. About level 107.

I'm gonna skip right to the Loran Chalices tonight. Bad idea @LEMZPOCALYPSE?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »

I'm man handling enemies @ level 172 on NG++ so you definitely shouldn't have problem @ 203.

Copy that
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Finished Pthumeru, Central Pthumeru, and Lower Pthumeru Chalices. About level 107.

KillaCham wrote: »

Use them as a level up zone

Go back to hunters dream and all the Cahill runes that give you a blood echoes bonus then take two days upgrading.

Raise tbat life bar to 1500 cause once you get to the vicious chalice your life bar is reduced by half plus its a level 5 zone with bosses and ennemies that ? you in 2 hits.

If youd d9nt have them get that ludwig sword its more powerfull rangefulll and deadly than it appears especially if your magic level is high ( near 20).
    Get that whip too

In a nutshell train for that vicious chalice
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I'm behind but damn, I just found out I shouldn't of sent anyone to the clinic, feel bad that little girl was like thank you kind hunter, your savior and and everything.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    This game is getting repetitive. I put it down for 2 weeks (i'm in the Yrahham woods) This game is not that hard and uses most players impatience against them. I was slashing through the forest had 100,000 blood things and my impatience got me killed by the damn big ass warthog. I will flip this overrated game tonight. Might be hard for a casual gamer.....meh
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    This game is getting repetitive. I put it down for 2 weeks (i'm in the Yrahham woods) This game is not that hard and uses most players impatience against them. I was slashing through the forest had 100,000 blood things and my impatience got me killed by the damn big ass warthog. I will flip this overrated game tonight. Might be hard for a casual gamer.....meh

The game isn't for everyone and it's certainly fair to not like it, but what you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense. Can you describe something you consider repetitive? If you're dying a lot, then the game is hard even if your own impatience is the reason you're dying. If you're still in the woods, you're likely not even that far in the game, so it kinda just makes it seem like you're not that good at the game and making a bunch of excuses.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    I'm actually not dying a lot. I just slashed through the woods like nothing and noticed how repetitive the game is. Its not a bad game, but its not hard as people make it out to be. Just have patience and you can flip this game pretty fast. Yes I am in the woods, i'm probably 45-50 percent done with the game. There is a reason some dude flipped the game in 44 minutes with out leveling up. I expect more from ps4, these games have been a let down
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm actually not dying a lot. I just slashed through the woods like nothing and noticed how repetitive the game is. Its not a bad game, but its not hard as people make it out to be. Just have patience and you can flip this game pretty fast. Yes I am in the woods, i'm probably 45-50 percent done with the game. There is a reason some dude flipped the game in 44 minutes with out leveling up. I expect more from ps4, these games have been a let down

The reason you can beat the game in 44 minutes is because a lot of the content is optional and can be skipped. That's not a matter of difficulty. If you're just in the woods, you're only 50% done with the game if you skipping half the content and completely ignoring chalice dungeons.

Also, I still want to know what you mean by the game is repetitive. As far as I've seen, it's not any more repetitive than any other action RPG/adventure game.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options