Welp if that ain't irony for that ass
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the wife telling Vince Vaughn "you can't act for ? !!"

• gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see rasy put that baby up in ani before he checked out...
    But where were Frank wife and ani going at the end when they left the hotel
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Frank went out like a g tho. He knew it was over and kept pushing anyway.

Ray's ? on the other hand...lmao.

So ani had ray's baby huh...

The violence was cool in this ep...it felt earned. It was built up nicely and didn't feel like it came outa nowhere and with no resolution like at other points in the season.

This was probly the best ep of the season...lol...cuz it was missing taylor kitsch, focused mainly on ani and ray, and only had like 2 storylines not ? 10

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm happy to pretend this season didn't happen and keep it pushing.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to go 12-13 episodes if they're going to stay with the single season storyline theme. Not that it would have necessarily helped this season but still.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By authority of the AllHipHop website I hereby confer upon this thread the title of 'True Detective: Season 2 is a waste of 8 hours of your life' as well as for the thread's past, present and future. And I further decree that everything on the Ill Community will be just like it was before season 2 of True Detective was shown on television. And no one will ever mention of this show ever again under penalty of torture.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt2 wrote: »
    Lol @ the wife telling Vince Vaughn "you can't act for ? !!"

Yup, you know that was a very deliberate meta line.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    By authority of the AllHipHop website I hereby confer upon this thread the title of 'True Detective: Season 2 is a waste of 8 hours of your life' as well as for the thread's past, present and future. And I further decree that everything on the Ill Community will be just like it was before season 2 of True Detective was shown on television. And no one will ever mention of this show ever again under penalty of torture.

got you covered fam

Men-in-black-memory-erase.gif
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You you remember when the writers of Deadwood really started feeling themselves and believing the hype and the dialogue became so forced, longwinded and ridiculous that the show became a parody of itself?

Yeah that's how I feel about this ? .
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was it complicated and confusing? Yes
    Did it have some ? dialogue? Yes

But I still enjoyed it, shrugs.

Also damn at it showing Velcoro's phone and his voice message to his son didn't send, that's some ultimate ether. Dude's gonna grow up thinking his dad was even more of a slimeball than he already was.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ray was a G. His whole life he tried to fight off L's and they ended up still biting him in the ass.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao that season was dumb as ? . It just wasn't good. I will say it had one of the better shoot outs in TV tho.

I was taking with a buddy tho, and he was like "that was the best shoot out ever!" and I was like "no way bro you forgot one obvious better one." He a gotta a stupid look on his face and said "ummmm Heat?"

Yes ? ! Heat shootout is best ever.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That was a depressing, low down. ruthless finale...

But I like that

Noel-in-Training-Day-noel-gugliemi-24656310-853-480.jpg
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince Vaughn did his thing this season

He was my favorite character. I think he did just fine.

The ? cop sucked. And he also sucked in Savages (the only other thing I remember him in)

Rachel McAdams didn't get naked and carry on tradition that Alexandra Daddario started. BOOOOO!!!

Colin Farrell did what he could do with the script provided.

All in all... this season wasn't ? . Time to dead it. Don't even think of season 3 unless Scorcese is directing
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL .It wasn't that bad.

I think they tried to duplicate some elements of season 1.

It was ? up that all the men died.

The desert scene and something else reminded me of Breaking Bad.Maybe the heist.

I think in the future ppl will like the season more.

It dealt with corruption in government and small towns.I like how they were made the criminals.

They lit Ray as up.

Frank was a G,but he should have came off that suit or just not snuffed dude.IDK what the plan was though.

I think Vince Vaughn can act.He has played good parts.Frank didn't have to do any of that though.he brought death on himself out of pride.I get it though.

I just didn't care about these ppl until like the 4-5 ep.That 4th ep is worth the whole season.

I thought the finale was good,but something was just off this season,not the worse.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Frank was a G,but he should have came off that suit or just not snuffed dude.IDK what the plan was though.

The suit had the diamonds so no chance of him taking it off for them. He should have just stuck them up his ? or something.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season was too complicated and confused early it took till episode 5 to get a clear picture. Vince Vaughn should stick to comedy even though I like his character. Hopefully season 3 is better I'm still holding out hope for true detective. The fact that the killers they were chasing got 5 minutes of screen time before we found out who they were was ? lame and should not be repeated.
  • loch121
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

The suit had the diamonds so no chance of him taking it off for them. He should have just stuck them up his ? or something.

Didn't he have draws on?Or yeah he could have carried them in his hand or mouth before his ass.That wouldn't be my 1st choice.They didn't even know about them.

This makes me see how many red herrings and coincidences there were though.? was mysterious for no reason.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ok7PxXVIo
  • loch121
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Season was too complicated and confused early it took till episode 5 to get a clear picture. Vince Vaughn should stick to comedy even though I like his character. Hopefully season 3 is better I'm still holding out hope for true detective. The fact that the killers they were chasing got 5 minutes of screen time before we found out who they were was ? lame and should not be repeated.

The killer last season only got a little cam time too though.

Oh yeah the safe house reminded me of Breaking bad too.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's checking for season 3?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »

Me. The anthology structure is working in its favor right now. next season will be completely different so I'm optimistic.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »

Me. The anthology structure is working in its favor right now. next season will be completely different so I'm optimistic.

Also, they'll pay attention to the criticisms of this season and learn from it.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    i hope they do the 2 female cop partners idea next season like they talked about before this. melissa leo was one of the names that came up. she's good with HBO so they would be dope if it happened.