True Detective Season 2

Options

Comments

• CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Each episode follows a formula that has about 40 minutes of ? , but then the last 20 minutes get really good and hook you in. So now i'm looking forward to the next episode hoping they'll turn it around given how the last one ended...watch the next episode and it's 40 minutes of ? again.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Each episode follows a formula that has about 40 minutes of ? , but then the last 20 minutes get really good and hook you in. So now i'm looking forward to the next episode hoping they'll turn it around given how the last one ended...watch the next episode and it's 40 minutes of ? again.

co sign bolded.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hoping Rachel McAdams was about to pop that molly and wild out at the orgy but season 2 disappoints again

:/:'(
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I was hoping Rachel McAdams was about to pop that molly and wild out at the orgy but season 2 disappoints again

:/:'(

Got the ? ready and everything

? this show.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So on point with this. At this point I don't want to hear about anymore theory or investigative leads. With two eps left we still have no idea who did what and none of the characters have resolved their issues. Velcro let go of his kid, that's it. This makes me believe the finale will try to squeeze in too much.
  • lazypakman
    Options

Lost did this for like 5 seasons.

Didn't stop people watching though did it.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

Lost was genuinely interesting though and it always held your intrigue - TD season 2 has just been absolute boredom: the dialogue is awkward, the plot is a mess and its been a complete chore trying to keep up with all of it.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Lost strung you along but it did lead you somewhere. TD just talks. Exposition with 2 episodes left is a problem. If we didn't know that the season ends in two weeks you really couldn't say based on the show that we're close to an end result.
  • marc123
    Options

Lost was genuinely interesting though and it always held your intrigue - TD season 2 has just been absolute boredom: the dialogue is awkward, the plot is a mess and its been a complete chore trying to keep up with all of it.

bolded
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Kinda feel bad for mcadams and colin farrel cuz they been carrying the season
  • lazypakman
    edited July 2015
    Options

I agree it really hasn't been worth it so far, and the last 2 episodes are not going to cover a lot of what they've set up in any seemingly great way.i'll usually give a show i like a couple of bad seasons before i give up so already i'm more curious as to what will happen for season 3.

don't agree about lost though, despite it having some terrific tv in places (the finales were pretty much always on point, and the season were they got stuck in the past with the community was great) i always go against recommending it to anyone because it wasn't worth it in the end.faaaar too many filler episodes with disinteresting back stories where nothing would develop until literally the last few minutes.too many unanswered questions and don't get me started on the fact it ended it being pretty much an alternate to what they said it wouldn't be at the start.if i knew that was the case going in i wouldn't have bothered.i got to pour out a little white lightning for my homie sayeed though.

but hopefully the makers switch it up back up to just a handful of main characters for the next one, keep it simpler and more personal like the first.

• Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's almost like it's too much going on, just Collins and McAdams would have been enough. It's like 4 stories is overkill. But again I might just have my expectations set too high after season one.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I already know who the killer is....I guessed it way far back
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    I already know who the killer is....I guessed it way far back

Put it in a spoiler
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Nahh. The problem with Lost was the amount of questions the show would raise. For each answer the show provided another 4 questions would be added...and alot of times it wasn't even that interesting of an answer. I really don't like that gimmick, I gave up on Lost after 4 or 5 episodes. In terms of writing and providing complete/fulfilling experiences within an episode i'd have to say:

Spartacus
    Boardwalk Empire
    Sopranos
    True Detective (S1)
    Banshee
    Vikings

These shows always had enough within each episode to not rely solely on cliffhangers.

• texas409
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best episode of the season- by far. But I still HATE these characters. Like all of a sudden Tim Riggins wants to start dressing in suits and actually wants to contribute to the investigation? ray rockin out solo with like a g of coke? Stupid scene. But ohhh Vince Vaughn and his stupid ass lines "if you were selling, it wasn't me buying" I just want to smash my tv every time his fake gangster self thinks he's dropping a gem.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    this guy....
    78970.png

See...that's why this season ain't ? . Who the ? is he?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh they just sneaked into the house? Cmon maaaang that was dumb.

Ray Donovan season 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> True Detective Season 2

wow. Never thought that would be even close to possible.
  • marc123
    Options
    As soon as this show end im unsticking this thread and burying it, i wont give it a week or even a day.

Sticky mr. Robot
  • Will Munny
    Options
    well that was ? stupid
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    lmao. po lil tink tink true detective
  • texas409
    Options
    this guy....
    78970.png

See...that's why this season ain't ? . Who the ? is he?

told yall....
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    That was actually a decent episode but it's too little too late. It's impossible to give a ? about the finale at this point. If the beginning of the season was on par with this episode it wouldn't have felt like such a waste.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Somewhere in these episodes is a good season, they jus let haven't been able to extract it