True Detective Season 2

Options

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I did laundry instead of watching the new ep...seemed like better use of my time
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Reverend Jim Jones got his ass kicked.

That's some damn good makeup because Rick Springfield doesn't actually look that heavy on the plastic surgery.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    I actually thought Vince was great this episode (hasn't been bad the whole season in my opinion) the way he punked those two Mexicans that came into his club was great:

"The door's in the same place amigo"

"Can I help you with anything Cisco Kid?"

Also to the person that asked why Frank would give Velcoro the wrong person to ? , it's pretty simple to me. Frank needed that guy dead and wanted a corrupt cop indebted to him so he just killed two birds with one stone.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    good episode. finally got me interested. hopefully they let ani & ray take up the bulk of the screen time from here on out cuz they are the best things about this season. could gaf about woodrough & frank.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    good episode. finally got me interested. hopefully they let ani & ray take up the bulk of the screen time from here on out cuz they are the best things about this season. could gaf about woodrough & frank.

I still don't get the Vince Vaughn hate and I think Kitsch's character finally came into his own this episode. It was kinda ? up that his mom was a ? /stripper and basically called him a mistake that ruined her career and then she had the audacity to steal his $20,000 he made during Black Mountain (this has gotta be a play on the Blackwater contractor services used in Iraq)
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

I still don't get the Vince Vaughn hate and I think Kitsch's character finally came into his own this episode. It was kinda ? up that his mom was a ? /stripper and basically called him a mistake that ruined her career and then she had the audacity to steal his $20,000 he made during Black Mountain (this has gotta be a play on the Blackwater contractor services used in Iraq)

i don't hate vince vaughn i just don't think he was the best choice. kitsch either. part of it could just be maybe their material wasn't much to work with so it transfers over...whatever the case, i give 0 ? about their characters. frank forces my hand into caring tho since i guess he's supposed to be the antagonist...but ? woodrough he's wack.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Taylor Kitsch's character has the same supremely constipated ? expression in every scene he's in. ? be looking like he only eat red meat and peanut butter.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i spent allday catching up and was kinda disappointed in this season...i like VV but him in this role ain't working...and the ? with his was was dumb af....shootout was dope but it made no sense at all....i mean we all know dam well them dudes ain't have ? to do with Casper

And if you ain't want yotu mother to find the 20K how bout actually hiding that ? 4real
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season is building to something,but IDK what.

Colin sounds like Sling blade

That 4th ep was worth whatever issue a person got w/ this season.

The bi cop story line is very different.

That Latino dude who was the target in the shootout was who Tuco beat to death in BB.

That shootout was insane.Straight terrorist ? .

I think that was a set up.They were taking ppl's faces off.Period.The mayor and the black cop looked funny when they left

Black cop died asap.

The cop dude must black out and suck ? and wake up not knowing how he sucked a ? .Either way,I assume he maybe did get head from that actress.

The female cop is a ? ,cool,and she likes it in the ass,cooler.

man that shootout was actually one of the best action scenes ever filmed on the low.Bout to peep ep 5

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

Woody Harrelson rolling over in his grave with this ?
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its definitely not as bad as people are making it. Its starting to pick up and make more sense.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    Its definitely not as bad as people are making it. Its starting to pick up and make more sense.
    Lol we over halfway thru thru the season.... it's only 3 episodes left..it's a lil late for ? to just START getting good. Can't blame us for thinking that
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Last two episodes were an improvement, but if there's really only 3 episodes left then they ? up big time with this season. Vince Vaughn's storyline would be interesting if he wasn't such a ? actor.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah maybe it was just too much pressure to follow a season that good.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was the first episode that i liked.

Collin was on his ? this episode
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats why bruce jenner turned into caitlyn collin ferrel beat the ? out of him
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They litteraly through all the red heads in the show as an

okVGpUm.jpg

They really used part of the show to pay homage to ? scooby doo
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really hate Vince Vaughans characters wife
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Ima need taylor kitsch to never be in front of a camera again in life.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima need taylor kitsch to never be in front of a camera again in life.

How the in the ? does he keep getting roles? ? is crazy.

• atribecalledgabi
    Options
    thought it was looking up after the last ep but this one was meh again minus a few parts
  • (Nope)
    Options
    thought it was looking up after the last ep but this one was meh again minus a few parts

I liked it, but I caught it about half way through. I'm rewatching it now and this back and forth between Farrel and Vaughn is lacking any real tension. This scene is implicit of what's wrong with this season. In the first season every back and forth evoked tension, there was always something looming and as a viewer I was compelled to pay attention. In this season if the tension is not extra-overt, e.g., the shootout or the scene at the party, it doesn't exist. It's hard not to create a dichotomy between this season and the last when they follow such a similar/strict formula. However, there shouldn't have been so much variation. There isn't enough time for me to give a ? about four characters especially when one owns Globo Gym and the other is a ? -bot (? robot). Like you said Kitsch should stay away from cameras.

• Rampage12
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I liked Episode 6 alot, only problem is that I don't think they can wrap all this up in 2 more episodes without it feeling rushed. 10 episodes would sound about right.

-Frank stays with the quotables: "Well check this off my bucket list, a Mexican standoff with actual Mexicans." But damn he ended up getting pimped hard by them though.

-LOL at the ? Ray went on, dude had a 5th of Jose Cuervo, two packs of smokes, and a big baggy of coke...and damn near finished them all.

-The part where Ani was practicing her knife skills while talking to her sister was cringe-worthy and was obvious foreshadowing that she was going to have to use those skills at the party. It also came out she was molested when she was little although that was pretty much a foregone conclusion.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    cs @(Nope)

another difference between this & the first season is that none of these characters seem to have a bond with the case. the first season was about somebody killing young girls...marty had a wife & daughters so it was personal for him & you saw the toll it took on him/his family, & rust.

the only reason any of these characters care is cuz of money and/or they're tryna cover their ass cuz they caught up in it (frank & ray). ani is the only one that has a personal connection because of her sister & father, but that ? hasn't been fleshed out all that much. if this gets another season they need to chop down the main cast....4 is too much. & get some better actors ffs.
  • (Nope)
    Options
    cs @(Nope)

another difference between this & the first season is that none of these characters seem to have a bond with the case. the first season was about somebody killing young girls...marty had a wife & daughters so it was personal for him & you saw the toll it took on him/his family, & rust.

the only reason any of these characters care is cuz of money and/or they're tryna cover their ass cuz they caught up in it (frank & ray). ani is the only one that has a personal connection because of her sister & father, but that ? hasn't been fleshed out all that much. if this gets another season they need to chop down the main cast....4 is too much. & get some better actors ffs.

Unless this somehow leads back to Ari's father, her connection to this lacks substance. Ray has a similar connection where his wife is concerned, and I'm leaning towards the idea the man in the cell isn't the man who ? Ray's wife, he's being sent off again. I still can't tell what is a Macgufin and what isn't, because nobody has any substance. Frank has been fleshed out the most, but he's terribly miscast.

The most interesting ? to me was in episode 2 (maybe 3). All four characters were told they were broken in some way. The males by their lovers--or in Ray's case former lover--and Ari's past was alluded to by the psych. Also, the psych and the mayor both alluded to expansion of consciousness and when the mayor was talking about bad trips, I felt like that was a metaphor and possibly a bit of foreshadowing, but they never fleshed that out. Each character has been on a bad trip, but it's too loose.

Also, they played on the symbolism of crowns by giving Ray's shooter the ravens head and the skeleton in Casper's apartment was wearing a crown, but it really had no significance.

All of that ? said, I accidentally ate a weed brownie that night, and didn't realize it until my whole mind was blown while watching "The Brink." So, I might be over-analyzing that ? .

The plot is diverging in too many directions and I don't give a ? about any individual character enough to really care where any of it goes.

The first season is making this ? look like amateur hour. There was a lot of weird ? in the first season, but even characters that seem cliched, felt authentic, and nothing felt too over the top or sensational. If they don't wrap this up real strong, the season will be a waste.