True Detective Season 2

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vaughns acting is really good, I don't have a problem with that at all, just personally I'm having a tough time taking him serious.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alotta ? went down in ep 3.

Good to see Colin's character is still alive.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is moving too slow for me, I'm a fall behind on a couple of episodes so i can watch it that way
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    you ? reachin

About what?

Yall ? was right man, homie was ? , damn... Oh well, My ? vince aint a miscast let him cook haha

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It picked up heavily this episode. VV beat that Mexicans ass for all that disrespect
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know someone eventually is going to get sexed hard in this.

• marc123
    Options
    lol @ the Brianna Barksdale talkin bout "I aint sayin you gotta ? him. Just let him think you might ? him." smh
  • texas409
    Options
    That's one ugly woman
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    they took shots at the cary dude who directed a lot of last season through the director they interviewed in the episode on the film set.

hardly subtle.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Vince V this episode, put hands on Samoan odd job

Looks like solider boy is a DL ?

The story is picking up but still no idea what the ? is going on....like at all
  • marc123
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    they took shots at the cory dude who directed a lot of last season through the director they interviewed in the episode on the film set.

hardly subtle.

Yea. I read about that in a review for the ep on another site. Didnt catch it, will have to rewatch.
  • texas409
    Options
    they took shots at the cory dude who directed a lot of last season through the director they interviewed in the episode on the film set.

hardly subtle.

Oh the Asian dude with the long hair that directed last season lol damn I noticed that
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince Vaughn is doing just fine

Im disappointed they didn't show the teeth pulling. Its HBO, foh with the PG13 cutaways.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True but all in all its still a good show, not like last season. But who could out do that chemistry.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of the ending lines at the end of scenes are kinda cheesy to me.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Yeah, when Ani said "You're going to need a baggy to take your teeth home" I cringed, was expecting something way more badass/cooler than that. I guess you could say it was foreshadowing as to what Frank did later in the episode though. She also said something really cheesy I can't quite remember when she was talking to her sister.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    they took shots at the cary dude who directed a lot of last season through the director they interviewed in the episode on the film set.

hardly subtle.

Pretty sure he directed all 8 episodes.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »

Yeah, when Ani said "You're going to need a baggy to take your teeth home" I cringed, was expecting something way more badass/cooler than that. I guess you could say it was foreshadowing as to what Frank did later in the episode though. She also said something really cheesy I can't quite remember when she was talking to her sister.

yea that's one thing i picked up on this season. the dialogue can be very campy at times. almost bordering on satire. i wonder if this is intentional? or is it just pizolatto's pretentiousness glaring through?
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Vince's acting is atrocious, but it doesn't help that the directing has been subpar so far. Plot is way too convoluted, stilted dialogue, story is frustratingly slow paced and some poor editing choices...this ? sucks.

If you guys remember, episode 4 of season 1 had one of the best action scenes of all time, so I'll give this season two more episodes to show me some semblance of inspiration before I tap out.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Also the Conway Twitty impersonator/dream sequence at the beginning was pure David Lynch, you could tell ole Nic shamelessly ripped that off and didn't even try to be subtle. If anyone's ever watched Twin Peaks you'll know what I mean.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 episodes in and I must say this ? has fell the ? off .... This is what I worried about in regards to this whole anthology style story telling ...changing the cast changing the chemistry changing the feel.... Man ....fuuuuuuck thhhaaaaat

- Vince is ? washed ...this old ass ? supposed to be a goonie goo goo ...yoking muthafuckas up? That's supposed to be believeable? Nah ...I'm sorry ...his whole nervous tick ? appeal lost its zeal years ago ...and now his overzealousness comes across like a anxious puppy dog that you have to instruct to sit down and shut up before he ? around ? on the living room floor ...smh ...that ? got that type 1 LARRY HOLMES Disease and it's bringing down the whole show

- Collin...? Hollow ...nothing there ..no reason to have any emotional attachment or ? to give for his character ...he's a drugged up low life with a gun and a badge ...hell I don't even know if he really gives a ? about solving crime as much as I feel that he is just existing in the policing business as an easy means to achieve his ultimate death wish ...thusly relinquishing him from whatever inner hell he seems to be harboring around like a ? anchor ....TRASH

-McAdams ....I ? with her character ...she appears the most authentic and reality based out of the bunch ..you clearly establish early with her that her detachment issues stem from daddy problems and her whole rough neck shtick is nothing more than a cry for help to the man she never felt embraced her when she needed it most.... I get it ...and she plays the part relatively well

-That other ? corpse of an actor ain't even worth mentioning .... Look like his momma was a hoe to by peeping that nasty ass sore on her mouth ....? that shut was disgusting

The rest of the supporting characters are mainly ? as well ...especially that goofy ass mayors son along with fat boy strip club ? that let the ? "wedding crasher" beat his ass and take his gold ones!!!! Da ? .... GTFOH ol big for nothing (nh) ass ? ...

I'll give this ? about 2 more episodes before I shut it down ..but to keep it G-Real ...as of now this ? looking weak denna ? ....
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? they got ? up, all them bodies
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True wackness should be the name of the show.

The only 3 highlights are Rachel, the red head with Vince...she woe get smashed to Bolivia and the ? Mexican girlfriend got that ass
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truth be told Im high as ? and wasn't paying attention till dude started dumping on em out the building window but that ? went hard. Bodies were dropping.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn did ? pop off in this episode
    You didn't even expect that stuff to happen the way it did