True Detective Season 2

Options

Comments

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I thought this episode was just lukewarm. If I had to choose a favorite right now, I would say that I enjoyed Collins Farrell's character the most. Hopefully this season will be the opposite of the previous. Where instead of starting off strong and then denegrating in quality by the conclusion, it starts off slow and ends with a bang by the finale
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the first ep. The first season's first ep was very deliberate and slow just like this. Colin Farrell seems most interesting. I'm not feeling the lady cop just yet. She's too cute and little to be acting so hard. I know she'll have a "I'm a little female but watch me kick a much bigger grown man's ass" scene at some point this season.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    ^I can't lie, I was glad he dealt with that bully. Aspen didn't he take the shoes, he cut them up. That's ? up.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looooved when he beat the ? out of that kids dad. Bullying is one of the lowest forms of human behavior.

So contracting tho how he bullied the ? out of the writer.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the 1st episode.

Slow burn, with twists and turns n interesting characters. I ? with it.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like the first season, slow start but its bound to pick up pace as it goes along.

Someone needs to pull the drink from Colin Farrell's character.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the feeling the kid lied about who ? up his shoes
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know if it was forced or not, but I don't care. IT WAS HILARIOUS

"I’ll come back and butt-? your father with your mom’s headless corpse on this ? lawn"

Episode was good. Hard getting used to the cast though. Should be a good season
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So instead of spending the night with that deliciousness, Taylor's character wants to go on a joy ride and try to get himself killed?
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »
    So instead of spending the night with that deliciousness, Taylor's character wants to go on a joy ride and try to get himself killed?

-Well he's obviously got PTSD along with some other underlying issues (he said the burns all over his body weren't from the Army)

-Also I bet Colin Farrell's character's kid is actually the guy that ? his wife's kid. Why does he have two names by the way, his last name is Velcoro but his lawyer at the beginning calls him something different.

-Also did anybody else make the connection that the missing Hispanic girl might be Paul's girlfriend.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    -Also did anybody else make the connection that the missing Hispanic girl might be Paul's girlfriend.

I thought that but i didn't know if it was her or not cuz i was on the phone so i wasn't really paying attention
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt the missing girl is gonna play much into the show since the main investigation is starting. That was probably just a segway to get ani's character to talk to her father so we could learn more about her.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »

That nukka ?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I used to want to be an astronaut when i grew up. Now astronauts dont even go to the moon anymore."

"I’ll come back and butt-? your father with your mom’s headless corpse on this ? lawn"

Colin Farrell with the quotables

Colins character def gonna smash McAdams with both they ? ?
    IBb6nIU.gif
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be patient and let it cook. Nothing really happended to grip me though.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Not really feeling the first episode that much. Almost fell asleep a few times actually. I have hope though that it picks up as the season goes along.

The first season caught you from the beginning because the case was mysterious given the cult angle. Plus Matthew and Woody were great actors. With this case it's just a city manager who was murdered and the actors aren't really pulling me in.

Can't comment cause this is exactly what I did...from what i did see I will watch...might just wait until all episodes are aired and then go ham to see if it can live upto season 1

I prolly won't tho...
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    I take that LOL back i hadn't finished the episode...
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    What the ? ?!

I can't believe them killing off Colin Farrell in the 2nd episode because I'd love to see how they try to explain him surviving two shotgun blasts from close range. He also obviously wasn't wearing a bullet-proof vest.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys don't see the rock salt emission, you don't need a bullet proof vest to survive that
    He's not dead
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Are any of yall getting the ? vibe from tim riggins character?

My thoughts so far:
    -don't like vince vaughn at all..he ain't giving me anything so far. possible miscast but ima let this ? cook before i cry foul..

-not feelin rachel macadams either...haven't decided if it's her or the character tho but, again, ima let it cook.

-the case they're tryna solve is setting up to be interesting...lotta different angles at play.

-overall tho this season isn't doing it for me (yet). has nothing to do with living up to the first season either..ima keep watching but so far I'm not impressed.

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea, Vince Vaughn does feel like a miscast. I guess the creator of the show really wanted him in the show.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    You guys don't see the rock salt emission, you don't need a bullet proof vest to survive that
    He's not dead

From point blank range though?
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That story Vince told when he was a kid was ? up...not going to say it's a miscast just yet because I remember Vince before all the comedic roles