True Detective Season 2

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yah I would never ever wanna be in a gunfight with guys armed like that if all I had were pistols.

Those cops were dumb as hell rolling up there with just them damn pea shooters.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    lowkey all these eps have been a chore to get through til the last 10 mins or so
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This episode had me like...

ralphie-may.gif
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if this episode 4 action scene was supposed to parallel the goat action sequence of season 1. The body count was definitely higher. Anybody know what Mexican dude was saying before he killed his hostage?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm thinking the murder leads back to Vince. Otherwise I don't know what the point of his story line is.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's been enough episodes to call it now: this season just aint hitting on ? .
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The season is only eight episodes so I might as well stick with it, but I would be lying if I said I knew what was going on and that it wasn't dragging. It just feels like an absolute chore watching this season.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lol of course the 3 lead policemen are the only ones who come away virtually unscathed from the hail of bullets. not to mention the explosion in the warehouse was sensationalized and pathetic. then they go to frank's pov and all u see is smoke. and of course the backup arrives when the event is finished. ok enough with the nitpicking. as it appears the angle they are going for is a pulpy time of crime drama this season. but even if i have to suspend disbelief and just go along for the ride, little to none of the characters are engaging enough for me to want to become invested into what happens to them next. esp. the paul woodrough character. he's about the most disposable one and i really dont see what the point of his character is. at this point in the first season, it really substantiated itself with one of its defining moments: a single tracking shot that lasted 6 minutes which received praise from the critics and fans alike. this season? we get a ridiculous bloodbath ending in a mexican standoff that couldve been ripped from one of the pages of the expendables. *pops confetti*
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Lol of course the 3 lead policemen are the only ones who come away virtually unscathed from the hail of bullets. not to mention the explosion in the warehouse was sensationalized and pathetic. then they go to frank's pov and all u see is smoke. and of course the backup arrives when the event is finished. ok enough with the nitpicking. as it appears the angle they are going for is a pulpy time of crime drama this season. but even if i have to suspend disbelief and just go along for the ride, little to none of the characters are engaging enough for me to want to become invested into what happens to them next. esp. the paul woodrough character. he's about the most disposable one and i really dont see what the point of his character is. at this point in the first season, it really substantiated itself with one of its defining moments: a single tracking shot that lasted 6 minutes which received praise from the critics and fans alike. this season? we get a ridiculous bloodbath ending in a mexican standoff that couldve been ripped from one of the pages of the expendables. *pops confetti*

if feel like this scene would have some how IMPROVED the quality of that ending

raekwon-gets-shot-o.gif
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the murder leads back to Vince. Otherwise I don't know what the point of his story line is.

The dead man (Caspere) had his $5 million though, that's the point that he's trying to find out who killed him because whoever did has his money, so I don't really see how Frank would have anything to do with the murder.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Also noticed Roy from The Office was the guy that met with Frank about going in with him on the club.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha that dude was a schlub
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Haha that dude was a schlub

Yeah, I was waiting for Frank to do him like he did that Mexican with the golds when he kept talking about him and his wife's past, but I guess he kept his cool since he needed dude's money.

Also more cringeworthy dialogue followed when Jordan was like: "Why don't we just become one of those couples...that fight all the time!!!"
  • Rampage12
    Options
    I dont know what this show is about anymore.

Seems like fairly simple to me:

City Manager Caspere went in on a land deal with Frank but was murdered while holding Frank's $5 million, so when Frank finds out who murdered Caspere he basically finds the $5 million. The three "True Detectives" are investigating the case but Frank has Velcoro under his thumb for having helped with the murder of his ex-wife's ? .
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im 95% sure the Mexican apartment complex that Vince Vaughn went to to extort is the exact same complex in Black Jesus
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whole lotta bullets.

Even when the characters say the deep/cool lines. It feels forced n cheesy.

I can do with out the ? dude n his pity party drama. smh @ asking his prego broad to marry him after he jus spent the night with a man. not cool bro, not cool.

IDGAF bout Vince Vaughn's characters personal problems. Limp ? , wanting a kid, bein a hole to his broad etc. Jus don't interest me.

That cop dude Steven's is a real lame (? who went snitchin on Rachel McAdams character). Okay, so the broad used u for some d. Then cut you off, when she got bored/was ready to move on. ? that broad is CLEARLY damaged goods. Jus cut your losses. N keep pushin. Least u got a lil ? outta tha deal.

Colins character. is the easily the best on the show. LMAO dude pullin a Batman move. Kid looks away, then pops is gone. I expected the bushes to be blowing with the breeze n ? . lol n smh.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Speaking of the cheesy dialogue, I found it unneccesary/annoying that Ani had to mutter "? " and "? " approximately 79 times during the shootout.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Colins character. is the easily the best on the show. LMAO dude pullin a Batman move. Kid looks away, then pops is gone. I expected the bushes to be blowing with the breeze n ? . lol n smh.

the bushman strikes again!

tumblr_m8u32uIq3j1qgpy6n.gif
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea but who tipped the mexicans off? I think it was the mayor

this season has been ? I cant lie. They barely even do any detective work. This ? Vince Vaughn is gettin more screen time than the actual detectives lol the writers didnt even try this season
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is going a lot worse than I expected. Hopefully they pull it together with the remaining episodes or at least give us more shootouts and action cuts and some nude Rachel McAdams if they're really about this rap ? .
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is going a lot worse than I expected. Hopefully they pull it together with the remaining episodes or at least give us more shootouts and action cuts and some nude Rachel McAdams if they're really about this rap ? .
    4167759-1075834159-agree.gif
  • marc123
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

lmao why is this thread even still sticky'd

Yea, yet great shows like hannibal n mr robot remain unstickied.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'll wait until the season is done before i pass judgment on it, but the one major problem i have with the show right now is that they're obviously trying to make the viewer invest in the city where it's set, which i really couldn't give a ? about....Louisiana at least fit the tone perfectly for season one.

all i want to see is pure debauchery.
  • marc123
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    i'll wait until the season is done before i pass judgment on it,