The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Yo...

The Illuminati...

As long as they let Tony Stark "retire" and not have Thanos ? him.

Apparently that's not Stark in that suit when Thanos punch him

Yea I was reading it whoever hand he was holding at the beginning of the trailer.

His suit has a sentry mode as seen in AoU.

Someone was in that suit and died

Who? Terrence Howard?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Yo...

The Illuminati...

As long as they let Tony Stark "retire" and not have Thanos ? him.

Apparently that's not Stark in that suit when Thanos punch him

Yea I was reading it whoever hand he was holding at the beginning of the trailer.

His suit has a sentry mode as seen in AoU.

Someone was in that suit and died

Who? Terrence Howard?
    Tony is holding the hand of someone who died at the beginning of the trailer. That person was in the suit.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What will become of deadpool? Maybe they'll make it a Netflix series or they could make it pg 13 they could still have violence and gore. Deadpool wasn't too gory anyhow. They can just keep the momentum but no f-bombs.

Disney is making their own streaming service. Won't be on Netflix.
  • black caesar
    Options
    I tweeted Hugh Jackman and told him if the deal goes through, you're off retirement.
  • black caesar
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Avengers Vs. X-Men. I need that movie. Of course It's the X-Men I rock with.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope that ? was wack. Unless they can do it better on screen. Im more hyped about the Silver Surfer coming back
  • soul rattler
    Options
    How do they explain the existence of mutants all this time without basically saying "because we said so ? you"?

Do they just place the events of Infinity War as a catalyst in triggering the mutant gene in humanity? We might see some drastic changes in certain characters' origins... but after what they did with Hela and Star Lord, we might just have to deal with what they come up with.

Also, what X Men stories are still on the table that haven't been done in the past 10 years? We got Apocolypse, Old Man Logan, Days of Future Past, and we'll have 2 Phoenix sagas including the Shiarr Empire. They gonna have to reach into the crates.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    How do they explain the existence of mutants all this time without basically saying "because we said so ? you"?

Do they just place the events of Infinity War as a catalyst in triggering the mutant gene in humanity? We might see some drastic changes in certain characters' origins... but after what they did with Hela and Star Lord, we might just have to deal with what they come up with.

Also, what X Men stories are still on the table that haven't been done in the past 10 years? We got Apocolypse, Old Man Logan, Days of Future Past, and we'll have 2 Phoenix sagas including the Shiarr Empire. They gonna have to reach into the crates.

Are you aware that the Infinity Gauntlet is capable of creating/recreating/altering/merging/destroying multiple realities?

X-Cutioner's Song, Genosha, Savage Land, Onslaught and the 90s X-Men events. The majority of the Byrne/Claremont stuff. Astonishing X-Men, New X-Men etc. plenty of X-Men stories to draw inspiration from without repeating the last 17 years.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

That's why I'm thinking the fantastic 4 are normal humans right now until the events of infinity war
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    What will become of deadpool? Maybe they'll make it a Netflix series or they could make it pg 13 they could still have violence and gore. Deadpool wasn't too gory anyhow. They can just keep the momentum but no f-bombs.

They're not gonna ? with a movie series generating that much money im sure. Plus it'll be a while before Disney themselves starts commissioning creative directions on these things. Ink is barely dry.

Nah expect that ? to happen ASAP. X-men and the F4 are long overdue for adjustments

Deadpool 2 and Dark Phoenix are still shooting. People need to slow their roll.

wtf u talkin about both movies are done phoenix might be cancelled tho since the producer fukin with 17 year old boys

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They're not gonna ? with a movie series generating that much money im sure. Plus it'll be a while before Disney themselves starts commissioning creative directions on these things. Ink is barely dry.

Nah expect that ? to happen ASAP. X-men and the F4 are long overdue for adjustments

Deadpool 2 and Dark Phoenix are still shooting. People need to slow their roll.

wtf u talkin about both movies are done phoenix might be cancelled tho since the producer fukin with 17 year old boys

A movie isn't "done" until it reaches theaters. Even if shooting wrapped post production is another animal and neither is slated to drop for quite some time (more than 6 months). LOL @ Dark Phoenix being cancelled. Don't you get that removing Singer from the director's chair early on in that film's pre-production was already a pre-emptive move?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Reality Gem being used to it's fullest potential
  • soul rattler
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

That's my thing. The infinity gems have done some decent ? but never to the point of altering existence in the MCU thus far. Let's not act like they haven't nurfed the powers of Thor, Hulk, the Destroyer armor, Wanda, and Drax already.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

That's my thing. The infinity gems have done some decent ? but never to the point of altering existence in the MCU thus far. Let's not act like they haven't nurfed the powers of Thor, Hulk, the Destroyer armor, Wanda, and Drax already.

Lol you getting too technical with comic book movies, just chill out and enjoy em
  • soul rattler
    Options

Lol you getting too technical with comic book movies, just chill out and enjoy em

Believe me I'm enjoying the ? outta most of the MCU.

Joss Whedon, the Russo brothers, and Kevin Feige have set the bar consistently higher and higher when it comes to story, character development, and thing up lose ends.

Like years ago Feige said the gauntlet in Odin's chamber was fake. I called ? on him trying to retcon a ? up. Then Ragnorak comes out and Hela smacks that ? on the ground like it's trash.

That's the level of detail I've come to anticipate from them so hell yeah I'm curious what they come up with.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Believe me I'm enjoying the ? outta most of the MCU.

Joss Whedon, the Russo brothers, and Kevin Feige have set the bar consistently higher and higher when it comes to story, character development, and thing up lose ends.

Like years ago Feige said the gauntlet in Odin's chamber was fake. I called ? on him trying to retcon a ? up. Then Ragnorak comes out and Hela smacks that ? on the ground like it's trash.

That's the level of detail I've come to anticipate from them so hell yeah I'm curious what they come up with.

I mean there is the reality stone and dr strange. One or both can easily be used to merge x men and f4
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's true, but it's also true that only certain beings can even fully utilize the power of the gems. Thanos could simply just have potential that no one else so far has had.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Are you aware that the Infinity Gauntlet is capable of creating/recreating/altering/merging/destroying multiple realities?

X-Cutioner's Song, Genosha, Savage Land, Onslaught and the 90s X-Men events. The majority of the Byrne/Claremont stuff. Astonishing X-Men, New X-Men etc. plenty of X-Men stories to draw inspiration from without repeating the last 17 years.

What if 10years down the line the do the inferno event ant it connects most of the MCU ,or that time the xmen went to Asgard ,the phalanx covenant or age of apocalypse?!?.
  • soul rattler
    Options

That's true, but it's also true that only certain beings can even fully utilize the power of the gems. Thanos could simply just have potential that no one else so far has had.

Lol that's that "the infinity stones can do this new thing they've never done before because we said so ? you" thing I'm talking about.

I guess it's possible though. The mind gem somehow went from mi d controlling people to giving them super powers so who knows.
  • black caesar
    edited December 2017
    Options

Don't forget ? Loves, Man Kills, House of M, The Legacy Virus, Battle Of The Atom, and Inferno. Too many to name.

Of course there is also Secret Wars.

X-Cutioner's Song was the ? in the 90's.
  • black caesar
    Options

Nope that ? was wack. Unless they can do it better on screen. Im more hyped about the Silver Surfer coming back

The movie will probably be better. The question is will Hope Summers be there? Probably not.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    What are the chances they introduce the x men separately or in small groups into the MCU instead of bringing everyone in at once?

X Men Origins: Wolverine was supposed to be the first of a series. If that movie had been well received, we would've gotten Origins: Storm Origins: Cyclops, etc.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    The powers of the infinity stones are well known in the comics but never fully explained in the films so one really knows their full potential yet.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are the chances they introduce the x men separately or in small groups into the MCU instead of bringing everyone in at once?

X Men Origins: Wolverine was supposed to be the first of a series. If that movie had been well received, we would've gotten Origins: Storm Origins: Cyclops, etc.

? that i want the crew done right. Then go to the individual ? . Fox had the right idea just terrible terrible execution.