The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    The difference is and it's a major one. They had another studio besides themselves (Sony) do the heavy lifting on Homecoming. All Sony had to do was restructure and reallocate their cancelled Amazing Spider-Man 3 resources into a new Spidey project. That is not the case now. Disney IS Fox and they already have a lot on their plate as it is for the next 3 years. Not just Marvel.

Will Disney close down Fox Studios or expand to include Fox Studios?

Because that'll be the deciding factor. They could keep all of those people and resources afloat and just oversee it all, which means adding an additional (ballpark) 10 more films a year won't affect them cause the staff and studio just doubled in size.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Soooo the two threads gotta be merged right?

I was going to ask this question too
  • soul rattler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Soooo the two threads gotta be merged right?

tenor.gif?itemid=7195670
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The difference is and it's a major one. They had another studio besides themselves (Sony) do the heavy lifting on Homecoming. All Sony had to do was restructure and reallocate their cancelled Amazing Spider-Man 3 resources into a new Spidey project. That is not the case now. Disney IS Fox and they already have a lot on their plate as it is for the next 3 years. Not just Marvel.

Will Disney close down Fox Studios or expand to include Fox Studios?

Because that'll be the deciding factor. They could keep all of those people and resources afloat and just oversee it all, which means adding an additional (ballpark) 10 more films a year won't affect them cause the staff and studio just doubled in size.

I think they'll fold it under the Disney banner as opposed to leaving it strictly Buena Vista but keep it independent. I see Fox being their new Touchstone Pictures.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Fox doesnt ruin the MCU......They were better off separate.

All I wanna know is it gonna be a reboot for X-M?
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simpsons called it in 1998
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yes at least that means they’ll use the properties
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    so shoul i close this thread now that , its all part of the MCU ?.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Not until it's actually a part of the MCU. This is all talk until then and there are still 3 X-Men movies dropping next year.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really I see nothing but positives in all this for one thing x men will have the real apocalypse should they choose to do it. If marvel can bring thanos to life then apoc would be no problem. I bet they'll make an xmen movie with a dope juggernaut.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope this next xmen movie flops so they can really start over.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Krasanski needs to be Mr. Fantastic btw
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I really like the idea of krasinski as Mr fantastic.

I still want to see new mutants and deadpool 2. And possibly xmen phoenix, but they should use the Phoenix to end this fox and xmen ? then incorporate them into the mcu. Deadpool will be easy to do since he breaks the 4th wall, but the rest should have a soft reboot.
  • Broddie
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    John Krasanski needs to be Mr. Fantastic btw

latest?cb=20171026123100
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Hope this next xmen movie flops so they can really start over.

Thats what i keep asking......cause i dont want MCU incorporating FOX's version of X-M into theyre universe.....How is this gonna work wit all these X spin off tv series and movies slated for production?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    George Clooney should be Mr. Fantastic
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Deadpool should be incorporated to the MCU as is because they never specified which timeline he’s from plus they can have wolverine and mutants that are really violent be in his movies and not be dumbed down and still be in other MCU movies in pg13 fashion and vice versa...the idea of Ryan Reynolds Deadpool in other MCU movies and they actually bleep his swears or cut him actually killing someone and him commenting on it to break the 4th wall would be funny to watch
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I think Deadpool should be incorporated to the MCU as is because they never specified which timeline he’s from plus they can have wolverine and mutants that are really violent be in his movies and not be dumbed down and still be in other MCU movies in pg13 fashion and vice versa...the idea of Ryan Reynolds Deadpool in other MCU movies and they actually bleep his swears or cut him actually killing someone and him commenting on it to break the 4th wall would be funny to watch

That’s a good way without watering down Deadpool
  • Broddie
    Options

Too old. If they want to go over 40 go for Jim Caviezel. If younger look at someone like Benjamin Walker or Ryan Gosling. Reed needs someone with presence who could pull off both commanding leader and geeky scientist when appropriate.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Too old. If they want to go over 40 go for Jim Caviezel. If younger look at someone like Benjamin Walker or Ryan Gosling. Reed needs someone with presence who could pull off both commanding leader and geeky scientist when appropriate.

Honestly if he wasn't iron man, RDJ would be perfect
  • soul rattler
    Options
    If they recast everyone, it'll be a shame.

Fox may have ? up a couple times, but James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Sir Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Oscar Isaac... They had some good ass talent. The last Fantastic Four cast was good as ? too.

But looking at how good the casts of Civil War, Ant Man, and Black Panther are, Marvel got this ? in the bag.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they recast everyone, it'll be a shame.

Fox may have ? up a couple times, but James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Sir Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Oscar Isaac... They had some good ass talent. The last Fantastic Four cast was good as ? too.

But looking at how good the casts of Civil War, Ant Man, and Black Panther are, Marvel got this ? in the bag.

The men cast had their run. The only person I'd bring back from the f. f. Movies are loan Griffith r Mr fantastic and maynemdr dooms actor.
  • rillah
    rillah Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Options
    t]he only person they should bring back is alexandra shipp