The Official "Power" Season 2 Discussion (June 6, 9pm ET) WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    I still think its a wack angle tho. That ? is boring and kind if an unnecessary step back, Ghost being an employee. Idk where they goin wit it

Now they got Ghost workin with the other club owner so now he gon get screen time, now he tasking Ghost, ok c'mon they makin Ghost everybody's ? . That whole angle of him losing the club idk seems like it could force the show to take on too much. The street ? is the bread n butter

Dude what are you talking about? Ghost teaming up with the other club owner to take down Stern was Ghost's idea. Ghost don't give a ? about his crying as long as he gets the info he needs.

Besides, the show kinda needs the conflict in his club dealings. If it all went swimmingly, he'd be out of the drug game quicker.

? i know the set up

"You made me a promise, don't let me down"

That's wack to me. Look at the list of people Ghost is beholden to and b talkin to him however they feel lol

Tasha
    Stern
    Tommy
    New club guy
    Santos
    Lobos
    Kanin

At the beginning of the series, that list was zero. Think about it
  • S2J
    Options
    *Beginning of the series it was just Lobos
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still think its a wack angle tho. That ? is boring and kind if an unnecessary step back, Ghost being an employee. Idk where they goin wit it

Now they got Ghost workin with the other club owner so now he gon get screen time, now he tasking Ghost, ok c'mon they makin Ghost everybody's ? . That whole angle of him losing the club idk seems like it could force the show to take on too much. The street ? is the bread n butter

But that's what the show is about: Ghost trying to GET OUT the streets and go legit and how those two worlds intersect and how one makes it difficult to conduct himself in the other how he needs to. Without the corporate ? with Stern and the other club owner and Kantos, this ? would still be good. But it wouldn't be as full.
  • S2J
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

But that's what the show is about: Ghost trying to GET OUT the streets and go legit and how those two worlds intersect and how one makes it difficult to conduct himself in the other how he needs to. Without the corporate ? with Stern and the other club owner and Kantos, this ? would still be good. But it wouldn't be as full.

Understood. Doesn't make it good tv tho

Like people say about Wire season 2, 'naaah they needed that to show----". It was boring. Period.

I see the friction is needed, but im gettin concerned the show is gon pick up top many moving parts and end up a mess.
    A good example is Prison Break for those who saw it. Or Lost

In comparison, The Wire and GOT evry season usually got SIMPLER, as opposed to getting more convoluted

Ijs...when they make Stern Lobos ? lover don't say i didn't warn you haha
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate ignorance. "The street ? is the bread and butter." That sound stupid as ?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said it would be simple to pin the murder of Nomar on Ruiz. Ghost already think he a rat and Ghost aint got a problem sending ? to jail.

Angela most likely going to get kicked off the case because she getting too close to Lobos. Most likely the op will be botched when they search for him. Oh dude gon tell Lobos to bounce before the feds find him and he will tell Angela to kick rocks because she ? up.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Everyone knew coconut is Lobo's mole

Yup, he basically told on himself in the interrogation room with Holly.

Who was coconut? The ? fed?
  • S2J
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    I hate ignorance. "The street ? is the bread and butter." That sound stupid as ?

Oh please. This is a show centered around murderers and drug dealers don't call yourself getting intellectual.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Lobos is offering Ghost to run his Cartel next week. First time a black man has been giving that much control in drugs. Even Big Meech didn't get to that level.

Ghost will never get out the game at that rate.

Ghost knows Ruiz daughter is a snitch. That's great leverage.

50 Cent already hinted that someone is going to jail for season 3. Looking at you Tommy.

• Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Understood. Doesn't make it good tv tho

Like people say about Wire season 2, 'naaah they needed that to show----". It was boring. Period.

I see the friction is needed, but im gettin concerned the show is gon pick up top many moving parts and end up a mess.
    A good example is Prison Break for those who saw it. Or Lost

In comparison, The Wire and GOT evry season usually got SIMPLER, as opposed to getting more convoluted

Ijs...when they make Stern Lobos ? lover don't say i didn't warn you haha

I liked season 2. *shrugs*
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Ghost can't pin nomar's murder on Ruiz. NomR worked for Ruiz and he saw 'ghost' face to face (really it was tommy). If Ruiz was ghost, nomad woulda told her from the beginning.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    tumblr_ns15thU8F01rlb6iho3_400.gif
    tumblr_ns15thU8F01rlb6iho6_400.gif
    tumblr_ns15thU8F01rlb6iho4_400.gif
    tumblr_ns15thU8F01rlb6iho5_400.gif

So we can get a gif of the white girls, but can'tget one of Tasha's chocolate azzz gettin naked??? Yall ? got your priorities mixed up.

@ that demanding azzz white chick who got mad she didn't get enough D. I'd kick her azzz out talkin to me like that in my crib.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone knew coconut is Lobo's mole

Yup, he basically told on himself in the interrogation room with Holly.

Who was coconut? The ? fed?

That lead FBI dude
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? a ? quickest downfall" - scarface
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still want to know the name of that song that was playing when Tasha was getting smashed in the shower
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still want to know the name of that song that was playing when Tasha was getting smashed in the shower

http://www.tunefind.com/
  • PMoneyQueenz
    PMoneyQueenz Members Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    i think Ghost sets up Ruiz as "Ghost"

my theory...Ghost saw the daughter being used to finish the Tommy sketch
    Since Ruiz knew his kid was getting smashed by Nomar, he decided to take him out himself
    Nomar dying words was "Ghost did it"

jus a hunch tho *shrug*

I think your onto something
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost obviously bout to try to deflect the investigation and pointing it towards Ruiz is a good idea but Angie was already up on him because of Nomar. So i doubt that works.

He cant let the ? with lobos happen plus lobos got a man on the inside already.
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Tommy would be more loyal to ghost than Kanan, believe that

you must not be watching the show, those two would do anything for each other. Aint no beefs or rifts

When did I say Tommy wouldn't be more loyal to Ghost? Think past go. My comment on Tommy wanting revenge wasn't for Ghost. Tommy would want revenge against whoever did it outside of Ghost because he would never think Ghost would ? 50 in the first place.Tommy himself before 50 even came back on the scene was having doubts about Ghost because of the moves he was making and then finding out Angie was a fed. So with that in mind Tommy finding out Ghost set 50 up to take a fall and go to prison would ? Tommy head up all the while they are now the main targets of a federal investigation. You crazy as ? if don't think all that in totality wouldn't cause a rift between those 2.

Think dude there is a reason Ghost never told Tommy he set 50 up. That reason has nothing to do with Ghost thinking Tommy would do something to him over 50. Its because you can't tell your partner that you a rat and sent the man who raised yall and taught yall the game to prison just so yall could take his spot.

What about what they did to Breezy though?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »

you must not be watching the show, those two would do anything for each other. Aint no beefs or rifts

When did I say Tommy wouldn't be more loyal to Ghost? Think past go. My comment on Tommy wanting revenge wasn't for Ghost. Tommy would want revenge against whoever did it outside of Ghost because he would never think Ghost would ? 50 in the first place.Tommy himself before 50 even came back on the scene was having doubts about Ghost because of the moves he was making and then finding out Angie was a fed. So with that in mind Tommy finding out Ghost set 50 up to take a fall and go to prison would ? Tommy head up all the while they are now the main targets of a federal investigation. You crazy as ? if don't think all that in totality wouldn't cause a rift between those 2.

Think dude there is a reason Ghost never told Tommy he set 50 up. That reason has nothing to do with Ghost thinking Tommy would do something to him over 50. Its because you can't tell your partner that you a rat and sent the man who raised yall and taught yall the game to prison just so yall could take his spot.

They weren't as tight with Breeze as they were with Kanaan.

Not sure if they had any kind of relationship at all with him.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »

The bold are the key words. They did that ? to Breeze. Ghost rat ass and his bird rat wife did that ? to 50 without Tommy knowing cause Ghost knew damn well Tommy wouldn't have been with that ? . Cause 50 raised them and taught them the game is the reason he didn't end up like Breeze. Ghost wanted to be on top and hope 50 never found out what he did. Ghost plan was when 50 came home put him on to get some money on some ? like his lil homie looking out for his big homie when come home.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man all this is speculation, we dont know what happened between ghost, tommy ,breeze and kanaan