'Creed' - 2015 Michael B Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Phylicia Rashad & Tessa Thompson.

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    WHAT BEEF DID STALONE HAVE WITH ACTION JACKSON IN REAL LIFE?

When Stallone was filming the sixth Rocky he wanted to use footage from Rocky Vs. Apollo I and Rocky Vs. Apollo II but Weathers would not agree to let him use his likeness in Rocky Balboa. Sly took it as a slight and there was some tension there for a while.

• Broddie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    2015 been a great year for reviving franchises that I grew up on (Rocky and Mad Max). Makes me want to almost give Star Wars 7 a shot now but only just almost. I could still wait for it to air on Spike TV.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    I must've seen a different movie from everybody else. Being generous I give it a 6 out of 10 but I felt it was overly predictable and a few things could've been left out and more background on others workout providing any spoilers

Yuupp just saw it and this sums up my feelings..i didnt fall asleep but i gotta be up at 5 in tha am and aint so sure this was worth my beauty sleep
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    2015 been a great year for reviving franchises that I grew up on (Rocky and Mad Max). Makes me want to almost give Star Wars 7 a shot now but only just almost. I could still wait for it to air on Spike TV.
    Mad Max was wack.I know Star Wars will be much better.
  • Broddie
    Options

I doubt it.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's gonna be very close between

Benicio Del Toro for Sicario, Sly for this movie and Tom Hardy for The Revenant when it comes to Best Supporting Actor next year.
    Not DiCaprio for Revenant?

Not for Best Supporting Actor. He's the lead.

I do think he's finally gonna get his Oscar for that movie though.

I still can't believe that cat has never won an Oscar...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I need to see this movie
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this does well in the box office so it gets a deserving sequel. I wonder if the director comes back for a another one. I wouldn't mind seeing him expand on the story and see what other things that can be done with the character.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clubber Lang is in my all time top 5 sports movie rivals.

Dude was spitting ether way before Nas made that ? fashionable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ntFroiHOA

^ pick any quote from that rant and you're killing whoever you're using it against.

Bruh i JUST realized why a couple of my homies be sayin 'Hell up old man' Lmao
  • Broddie
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    I need to see this movie

I would urge you to go especially if you're a fan of the Rocky movies.

If you find time I would even suggest refreshing yourself on the series by rewatching the previous 6 so that you can catch all the easter eggs and references all throughout Creed. I did that last week and by the time I saw Creed yesterday it felt REALLY rewarding.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

mad max was the ? dont know what the ? you talmbout there but yeah i do think star wars will be better.

It was wack and boring.Nothing more to say.Glad I bootlegged it Max was carried by the chick anyway.Get out your feelings.

I doubt it.

If you never watch it you won't know so what's the point of doubting something that you are already biased against?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    I need to see this movie

I would urge you to go especially if you're a fan of the Rocky movies.

If you find time I would even suggest refreshing yourself on the series by rewatching the previous 6 so that you can catch all the easter eggs and references all throughout Creed. I did that last week and by the time I saw Creed yesterday it felt REALLY rewarding.

? , Spike TV had a Rocky marathon all thanksgiving weekend, that's my ? .
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real talk clubber lang was that ? . me and my bro talk about that rocky like clubber was cockin back from pittsburg knockin rocky the ? out. swear to ? rock wouldnt of came back after that first bout with clubber. hell even mickey said he would ? him. mickey....rockys own trainer. sheeeeeiiiiiittttt. clubber was that ? . they should of had his son and apollo go at it. money on clubbers kid though
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    real talk clubber lang was that ? . me and my bro talk about that rocky like clubber was cockin back from pittsburg knockin rocky the ? out. swear to ? rock wouldnt of came back after that first bout with clubber. hell even mickey said he would ? him. mickey....rockys own trainer. sheeeeeiiiiiittttt. clubber was that ? . they should of had his son and apollo go at it. money on clubbers kid though

Mr. T played the part so well I actually rooted for rocky cause he was such an ? . But watching the movie as an older person, he wasn't really an ? other than flirting with rockys wife and threatening Apollo creed.

He was mad that he didn't get his title shot even though he was the clear number 1 fighter. The only reason he got that fight with rocky was because he kept calling rocky out and following him to press conferences. Lol Micky thought the fight with Apollo creed damaged rocky so bad that if he fought essentially another tough fighter like him,rocky would end up being a vegetable in a hospital the rest of his life. Which is why he hand picked certain fighters for rocky to fight after the creed bout.

And how does rocky respond to mickeys advice? By defending clubber langs punches with his head until clubber got tired. Lol.

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

mad max was the ? dont know what the ? you talmbout there but yeah i do think star wars will be better.

It was wack and boring.Nothing more to say.Glad I bootlegged it Max was carried by the chick anyway.Get out your feelings.

I doubt it.

If you never watch it you won't know so what's the point of doubting something that you are already biased against?

I doubt it.

Wack and boring?? Boring?? ? that movie was basically one big ass car chase and had sum of the best action scenes in a long time, you ? crazy
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    ineedpussy wrote: »

Mr. T played the part so well I actually rooted for rocky cause he was such an ? . But watching the movie as an older person, he wasn't really an ? other than flirting with rockys wife and threatening Apollo creed.

He was mad that he didn't get his title shot even though he was the clear number 1 fighter. The only reason he got that fight with rocky was because he kept calling rocky out and following him to press conferences. Lol Micky thought the fight with Apollo creed damaged rocky so bad that if he fought essentially another tough fighter like him,rocky would end up being a vegetable in a hospital the rest of his life. Which is why he hand picked certain fighters for rocky to fight after the creed bout.

And how does rocky respond to mickeys advice? By defending clubber langs punches with his head until clubber got tired. Lol.

man clubber was that ? . he was swingin hard on rocky. yeah rock should of been a vegetable. hell after the drago fight rocky should of been dead. lol. i love the big screen.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Saw it last night. Was a good stand alone movie. Michael B Jordan did a solid job leading the film, but like deaf girl said, he's a square compared to the real Creed so it was harder to get behind him. Apollo was the ? . Its not saying much, but this is one of Stallone's best acting performances. Him and Jordan had great chemistry. I know it's a movie, but it was hard to believe a nobody fighter would get a title shot against the best fighter in the world. His name being Creed or not. They pretty much copied 'Rocky' when Creed fought a nobody Balboa after his original opponent got injured. I loved the shooting and choreography of the boxing scenes. They've come along way since the original. I ? loved it when he came out "Hail Mary" in enemy territory rocking his Creed trunks. ? was poetic. Coogler did a good job.

7.5/10
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just realized Tessa Thompson kinda looks like Faith from soul food the movie