'Creed' - 2015 Michael B Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Phylicia Rashad & Tessa Thompson.

Options

Comments

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw it early this afternoon. Creed was a very good movie and I like how Rocky has taken the wise elder role in Creed. The fight scenes were done very well in this movie. Even though, Stallone completely took the template from the first Rocky film this was a good spin off movie. I actually felt bad for Adonis & Rocky both especially Rocky going through tragedy after tragedy in his backstory in the film. Adonis just wanted to prove his worth & follow his dreams.

I give this a 8/10. I wouldn't mind a seeing a sequel to Creed and he fights an opponent much tougher than the previous one. Call me crazy but I'm thinking maybe Adonis fights Clubber Lang's or Ivan Drago's offspring.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me, my pops and my younger brothers went to go see it.
    We spent Thanksgiving in Nashville with my parents and at the last minute we decided to go.
    It was good and better then Rocky Balboa from 2006 and it was great to seeing one of my favorite actor's, Wood Harris play Duke's son.
    I just wished Wood was in the movie more and was in Adonis corner to carry on the legacy of Apollo and Duke.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The concensus in this thread is this movie is watchable and dvd worthy.

This is one if the best films of the year imo, and mos def deserves a sequel.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Me, my pops and my younger brothers went to go see it.
    We spent Thanksgiving in Nashville with my parents and at the last minute we decided to go.
    It was good and better then Rocky Balboa from 2006 and it was great to seeing one of my favorite actor's, Wood Harris play Duke's son.
    I just wished Wood was in the movie more and was in Adonis corner to carry on the legacy of Apollo and Duke.

Maybe Rocky dies in the next one then Wood Harris takes over.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw that joint while i was in the a, ? was alright, kinda overrated actually when you realize thry basicalky ripped off like the last half of the movie straight from rocky 1 right down to ? /rock getting sick before the big fight

I thought it was funny that the christina millian looking chick even said dogg was a square, i dont care how good a physique he got himself, you cant make a ? a ? , mike jordan cant convince you hes this hard rock ? that been in juvie and ? , damn shame action jackson didnt take off for carl weathers because he even now is like 10x more charismaric than adonis was.

I also aint lke adonis hopping up like the undertaker or some ? after getting knocked upside the dome for 11 rounds like it was nothing, eye looking like a tomato and ? , come on now
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    http://thestacks.deadspin.com/the-first-three-rocky-movies-were-nothing-but-white-wis-1745250790

This is a good read if anyone is interested. After watching Creed, I went back and watched a few of the Rocky movies. For some reason something bothered me about them. This article pretty much sums it all up.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://thestacks.deadspin.com/the-first-three-rocky-movies-were-nothing-but-white-wis-1745250790

This is a good read if anyone is interested. After watching Creed, I went backed and watched a few of the Rocky movies. For some reason something bothered me about them. This article pretty much sums it all up.

Jesus Christ lmfao

worst thing about when a movie is successful like this is the ? that people really try to come up with to get some hits to their websites.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Creed was a good movie I liked the old school vibe it had to it. Only thing I didnt like was the boxer he fought at the end
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    Yeah man... movie was DOPE as ? ! I loved every minute of it. I got so hyped at one point I stood up and started shadow boxing in the theater. Real ? . Haha

I would have told you man sit your goofy ass down

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30449-1432061233-13.gif

*dead*

love the movie, yeah 7.5 out of 8..my illest scenes were him running with the 4 wheelers, and ? bikes, and him popping right back up after they did all those flash backs..had me hyped as ? ...I thought they should of made him struggle a little bit more to get rocky to trainer him, to work a little more to be a boxer. He stepped into the ring and was already knocking n*g out! ha ha

oh any boxing fan. notice how art imitated life...with Andre Ward having to pull out from a fight because of injury...lol

part 2 should be Ward's character against Creed.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My main gripe with the movie is they messed up the simplest ? . Champ fights out the red corner. Liked the throwback eye injury from Rocky 4. Dope ass movie that I'll pay cash for on Blu Ray.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »

Footage of Michael B. Jordan taking that punch Stallone forced him to do.

Lol that's crazy
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw that joint while i was in the a, ? was alright, kinda overrated actually when you realize thry basicalky ripped off like the last half of the movie straight from rocky 1 right down to ? /rock getting sick before the big fight

I thought it was funny that the christina millian looking chick even said dogg was a square, i dont care how good a physique he got himself, you cant make a ? a ? , mike jordan cant convince you hes this hard rock ? that been in juvie and ? , damn shame action jackson didnt take off for carl weathers because he even now is like 10x more charismaric than adonis was.

I also aint lke adonis hopping up like the undertaker or some ? after getting knocked upside the dome for 11 rounds like it was nothing, eye looking like a tomato and ? , come on now

? didn't get sick before the fight with Apollo in Rocky 1, fam.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »

Footage of Michael B. Jordan taking that punch Stallone forced him to do.

goat'd.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He knocked juice out his head damn
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's called acting. Lol. He barely got touched with that punch. Dude throwing that right didn't change up the tempo of his arm the whole time. Mike B. meeting the punch is what made it seem realistic.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched it with my nephew last week it was pretty good a little bit extra at times but overall I enjoyed it. My nephew liked it he wants to take up boxing now lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? felt real.

The story was very good. Dude was acting like a rich LA kid would act.

9 out 10.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was better than The Rocky Balboa movie
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT azzz movie. The camera work during that 1st fight was off the chain.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Yeah man... movie was DOPE as ? ! I loved every minute of it. I got so hyped at one point I stood up and started shadow boxing in the theater. Real ? . Haha

This one chick in the theater got so into it, she yelled out "HE BETTER GET UP!" As if she was at the actual fight. Lol!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    GREAT MOVIE..

WISH THEY SHOWED A LIL MORE INTENSE TRAINING..

MANNNNNNN RUDY MAMA STILL LOOKS GOOD FOR HER AGE MAYNE!

Phylicia Rashad is the epitome of black folks age gracefully.

BLACK DON'T ? !
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't like how some of the scenes transitioned or the way they ended..forced romance is forced though

I was glad they didn't spend THAT much time on it at the same time..

When he came out to pac that ? got me
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it last night. Heard it wasn't making the money they projected so I had to support Mike B. It was good. I liked how Stallone played the background and let dude shine while also getting his one liners in.

There wasn't wall to wall action but the story was entertaining. I wanted Avon Barksdale to get more screen time tho. Was his "you ain't built for this" line even in the movie?

I give Rocky movies their credit. They have you wanting to throw combos at somebody during those montages.