Furious 8 (2017) - Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez , Charlize Theron , The Rock , Ludacris & Tyrese

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

If you can accept Hawkeye getting mind controlled by Loki's glowstick of destiny for an entire movie, you can accept this latest FF movie.

This logic makes no sense and totally not comparable by any means. Loki/Hawkeye exists in a fantasy make believe world of magic, Science Fiction, superpowers, aliens and gods, that is why its very easy to accept/understand the crazy ? that occurs in Superhero Movies.

FF does not have any of these elements so I refuse to accept and believe the ridiculousness in the stunts of these movies. Hobbs kicking a full speed torpedo on ice is beyond corny.

This FF franchise also exists in a fantasy make believe world of fiction.

Did I really have to point that out?

All movies do, but it's implied in comics.

It's implies in the fictitious nature of this franchise, same as the comics, that these are intrinsically special people who are capable of accomplishing feats that no other team of individuals can.

Are you really going to be that guy who goes into a movie where ridiculously outlandish ? happens and yells

https://youtu.be/jNGZo5gn_tc

At what point do you look at a blatantly fictional movie and say "this is where I cross the line"? Was it before or after that one cop got locked up, got busted out, joined a crew of outlaw street racing theives and traveled internationally, even working for and against multiple foreign government agencies? Just asking for clarification.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyrese was unbelievably annoying in this film. I didn't lol once. Ludacris was useless you can tell he didn't know wtf he was talking about and what's up with Riddick wife ? had NO sex appeal. ? was giggling the whole movie wtf why was she fully clothed oh my ? . But the hoes in Columbus was right tho. Theron was looking good tho she saved the movie imo. The Rock needs to learn how to fight some of the fight scenes was horrendous but my dawg the transporter did his thing tho. Although I'm sure he had a stunt man doing all of that. 4/10 ? this bring Paul Ryan back.

you aint laugh when he was reading that russian?

No.
    I didn't think it was funny because it was overwhelmingly predictable just like all of his so called comical lines not to mention the sterotypical one liners racist Hollywood writes for every black actor in a action film. "Now That's what I'm talking about!" 4/10 Bad writing

this is why tego had a problem coming back
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyrese was unbelievably annoying in this film. I didn't lol once. Ludacris was useless you can tell he didn't know wtf he was talking about and what's up with Riddick wife ? had NO sex appeal. ? was giggling the whole movie wtf why was she fully clothed oh my ? . But the hoes in Columbus was right tho. Theron was looking good tho she saved the movie imo. The Rock needs to learn how to fight some of the fight scenes was horrendous but my dawg the transporter did his thing tho. Although I'm sure he had a stunt man doing all of that. 4/10 ? this bring Paul Ryan back.

No.
    I didn't think it was funny because it was overwhelmingly predictable just like all of his so called comical lines not to mention the sterotypical one liners racist Hollywood writes for every black actor in a action film. "Now That's what I'm talking about!" 4/10 Bad writing

His so called prideful ass still couldn't pass up a 5 second cameo full of buffoonery in this one though.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No.

But he went full ? tho
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what did he do to go full ? ?

omar didnt have a problem coming back...his tour schedule wouldnt allow him to back during the london movie.

i am real curious why tego came back.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

If you can accept Hawkeye getting mind controlled by Loki's glowstick of destiny for an entire movie, you can accept this latest FF movie.

This logic makes no sense and totally not comparable by any means. Loki/Hawkeye exists in a fantasy make believe world of magic, Science Fiction, superpowers, aliens and gods, that is why its very easy to accept/understand the crazy ? that occurs in Superhero Movies.

FF does not have any of these elements so I refuse to accept and believe the ridiculousness in the stunts of these movies. Hobbs kicking a full speed torpedo on ice is beyond corny.

It's implies in the fictitious nature of this franchise, same as the comics, that these are intrinsically special people who are capable of accomplishing feats that no other team of individuals can.

Are you really going to be that guy who goes into a movie where ridiculously outlandish ? happens and yells

At what point do you look at a blatantly fictional movie and say "this is where I cross the line"? Was it before or after that one cop got locked up, got busted out, joined a crew of outlaw street racing theives and traveled internationally, even working for and against multiple foreign government agencies? Just asking for clarification.

The orginial premise is group of regular folks who street race souped up cars and as way to support the street racing they steal ? . There was never any indication in the early films that dudes were the equilvilent to the Avengers and that Torreto (and later Hobbs) are pretty much the equal to Captain America or Batman pulling the ? stunts he does even when not in the car.

Witth early films the stunts were easy to see and understand as somewhat possible, but starting with Fast Five, they decided to make these cars and charcters superheroes hence the absurdity of the stunts since..so much so that it's become the butt of jokes.

Street Car racers going up against Tanks and Nuclear Submarines man gfoh with ? .
  • Broddie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Starting with Fast Five? This franchise been chockful of ridiculous ? since the 2nd one and tbh it's for the better. There have been more outrageous scenes in this entire saga than grounded ones. That's what it evolved into and why it has sustained this long. 1st one is the lamest cause it took itself too seriously.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Starting with Fast Five? This franchise been chockful of ridiculous ? since the 2nd one and tbh it's for the better. There have been more outrageous scenes in this entire saga than grounded ones. That's what it evolved into and why it has sustained this long. 1st one is the lamest cause it took itself too seriously.

You either love the outrageous ? or think its corny ? . When you add the other elements, plot, acting, character development then you can easily understand why folks don't ? with it or stopped liking the franchise.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

The first one was the best cause it was actually a damn good film.
  • Broddie
    Options

Nah it was good cause it established that Dom could take on anything thanks to the power of family. That's all the series has done and just escalated as it went along. Dude survives bullets and massive leaps thanks to the power of family.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Nah it was good cause it established that Dom could take on anything thanks to the power of family. That's all the series has done and just escalated as it went along. Dude survives bullets and massive leaps thanks to the power of family.

The first was just a regular action movie. It escalated to a dumb franchise
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The orginial premise is group of regular folks who street race souped up cars and as way to support the street racing they steal ? . There was never any indication in the early films that dudes were the equilvilent to the Avengers and that Torreto (and later Hobbs) are pretty much the equal to Captain America or Batman pulling the ? stunts he does even when not in the car.

Witth early films the stunts were easy to see and understand as somewhat possible, but starting with Fast Five, they decided to make these cars and charcters superheroes hence the absurdity of the stunts since..so much so that it's become the butt of jokes.

Street Car racers going up against Tanks and Nuclear Submarines man gfoh with ? .

Do you realize how unbelievably stupid you look complaining repeatedly in a thread that a franchise is doing what all franchises do, which is consistently elevate the odds with each new release?

Literally every sequel attempts to outdo what was done in the previous film.

And here you are. ? about it.
  • nujerz84
    Options

Do you realize how unbelievably stupid you look complaining repeatedly in a thread that a franchise is doing what all franchises do, which is consistently elevate the odds with each new release?

I'm responding to the two stupid statements you made in your post that was a result of you feeling some type of way because folks were ? on this franchise.

I'm convinced the reason this franchise gets hate is because it's had all if the success and consistency that other franchises want.

Couldn't it be that folks ? on the franchise because the stories are weak, the acting is ? and the character development is non-existent? The same ? each movie, only that each movie adds more ridiculous unbelievable fake ass stunts. The fact these characters are doing crazy ass ? with no logical explanation goes back to the ? stories and poor character development.

Yeah the sequels try to out do the prior films but they also can try to make it a good movie. You brought up Civil War, its a superior film to the first two Captain America's and the upped the ante in every way. But generally sequels usually are inferior films to its predecessors.

So what is your breaking point for accepting the ? , is it going to take these street race drivers to start time traveling or going to space for you say man the get the ? outta here with that ? ?

Nevermind trying to rationalize and justify the movie's ? by comparing it to the super hero genre and trying to defend that statement saying its fiction. Do you realize how stupid you look by making that ? ass comparisons?

I guess we can start compare Fences, Moonlight, 50 Shades of Grey, Halloween, and Star Wars to the Fast and Furious Franchise because its all fiction despite all being completely different films, containing entirely different elements and the movies having nothing in common.

This the ? Im talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwldwzlZCIQ

If you're easily impressed and entertained by mediocre ? in movies to each its own.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You either love the outrageous ? or think its corny ? . When you add the other elements, plot, acting, character development then you can easily understand why folks don't ? with it or stopped liking the franchise.

This is why I could never get into the series. The ? is just ridiculous from what I have seen when it came on tv. there is no explanation to why they can do the things they do and the series didn't start that way. If it was something like the movie Hot Shots! or similar action spoofs then it would be appealing. The movies have a serious tone, but the action is comical. I seen one scene from I think the last one where the Rock was fighting Statham in a sky scrapper and I think he fell out the window or an explosion blew him out and I turned that ? right off lol.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm responding to the two stupid statements you made in your post that was a result of you feeling some type of way because folks were ? on this franchise.

I'm convinced the reason this franchise gets hate is because it's had all if the success and consistency that other franchises want.

Couldn't it be that folks ? on the franchise because the stories are weak, the acting is ? and the character development is non-existent? The same ? each movie, only that each movie adds more ridiculous unbelievable fake ass stunts. The fact these characters are doing crazy ass ? with no logical explanation goes back to the ? stories and poor character development.

Yeah the sequels try to out do the prior films but they also can try to make it a good movie. You brought up Civil War, its a superior film to the first two Captain America's and the upped the ante in every way. But generally sequels usually are inferior films to its predecessors.

So what is your breaking point for accepting the ? , is it going to take these street race drivers to start time traveling or going to space for you say man the get the ? outta here with that ? ?

Nevermind trying to rationalize and justify the movie's ? by comparing it to the super hero genre and trying to defend that statement saying its fiction. Do you realize how stupid you look by making that ? ass comparisons?

I guess we can start compare Fences, Moonlight, 50 Shades of Grey, Halloween, and Star Wars to the Fast and Furious Franchise because its all fiction despite all being completely different films, containing entirely different elements and the movies having nothing in common.

This the ? Im talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwldwzlZCIQ

If you're easily impressed and entertained by mediocre ? in movies to each its own.

Damn...Soul just let it go man. Ge won this argument.

Side note. That first scene in the YouTube video was what I was talking about lol. Straight ? .
  • Broddie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    But the sequels ARE good movies. At least by the same standard that the mediocre original is considered a good movie by some of you guys. That is the general consensus. Most people would take any of the Justin Lin entries over Rob Cohen's Point Break swagger jackin original any day of the week. Especially because they're more original.

If you couldn't smile or feel inner joy at the dodge charger taking on a nuclear submarine this ? is not for you so give up on it. Doesn't mean it's without it's merits.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    "I know you killed han, a hospital full of people and tried to ? me and my sister and her kid and my other friends but i need you and your brother...the brother that killed hans gf and tried to brainwash my wife...to save my son"

If u watched the movie they had no choice in the matter

Don't make sense from this franchise. Nothing makes sense from this franchise

Dog if you're a villain that could drive in this series then you can be redeemed. If you can't drive then you die. Word to Amistad and spanish Phil Hartman.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Y'all think this movie is gonna stand up financially to the comic book movies coming out this year?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Y'all think this movie is gonna stand up financially to the comic book movies coming out this year?

This ? already more than halfway to a billion. Let's make one thing clear this is the one franchise that still appeals to every action fan on a mainstream level. Especially those of us that don't really care about supehero movies.or Disney's version of Star Wars. This ? is gonna clean house in every major action market in the world (especially Asia).
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was garbage. Only thing remotely entertaining was The Rock's dialog, the rest of this ? was drizzle ? ...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it. I was entertained. It was better than the 7th one. Love how everything ties in together. Some of y'all just need to stop overanalyzing every little thing and just enjoy the movie
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Just saw it. I was entertained. It was better than the 7th one. Love how everything ties in together. Some of y'all just need to stop overanalyzing every little thing and just enjoy the movie

Exactly soft ass cry babies nh
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Facts....seen it twice already
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

You can say that about every single movie ever created. This franchise is not above criticism from those who feel differently than you. People on this site don't understand that concept apparently. We don't live in a world where everybody likes the same things. I see lot of people who like this move criticize movies I like, but it's not serious enough for me to be bothered by it.