Furious 8 (2017) - Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez , Charlize Theron , The Rock , Ludacris & Tyrese

Options

Comments

• Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Just saw it. I was entertained. It was better than the 7th one. Love how everything ties in together. Some of y'all just need to stop overanalyzing every little thing and just enjoy the movie

You can say that about every single movie ever created. This franchise is not above criticism from those who feel differently than you. People on this site don't understand that concept apparently. We don't live in a world where everybody likes the same things. I see lot of people who like this move criticize movies I like, but it's not serious enough for me to be bothered by it.

exactly. whos really the soft ass crybabies? the ones who dont like the movie or the ? punks sitting on here groupthinking and crying about about what other people think?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Just saw it. I was entertained. It was better than the 7th one. Love how everything ties in together. Some of y'all just need to stop overanalyzing every little thing and just enjoy the movie

You can say that about every single movie ever created. This franchise is not above criticism from those who feel differently than you. People on this site don't understand that concept apparently. We don't live in a world where everybody likes the same things. I see lot of people who like this move criticize movies I like, but it's not serious enough for me to be bothered by it.

exactly. whos really the soft ass crybabies? the ones who dont like the movie or the ? punks sitting on here groupthinking and crying about about what other people think?

You a known complainer for everything though so.. yeah the people not only complaining about the movie by questioning thr people who do enjoy it lol.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

You a known complainer for everything though so.. yeah the people not only complaining about the movie by questioning thr people who do enjoy it lol.

Yea he shouldn't talk
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed the movie but please dont compare Marvels cinematic universe to Fast and Furious
    They may both use real locations but that's abt all they have in common
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just got back from the open captioned (where they show the subtitles on the screen) of F8.

Great ? movie...yeah I get it may have some plot holes or unrealistic..but the test for me is..does the movie helps passes the time and something you would want to watch over and over without being bored by it? Then yeah. And it really does ties some things together and starts the "new" trilogy.

I actually called
    the baby's name being Brian soon as Elena said that he didn't have a first name.? just made perfect sense. I'm also calling in the next two movies that Rock and Deckard are going be the upgraded version of Brian/Dom. They didn't introduce Little Nobody for nothing either, he will probably take over Nobody's role sooner than later. One more thing ..... I'm thinking they are prepping us for a big storyline for the return of the DK ---
    this where I think the spoilers about Han coming back plays in flashbacks where we see how Han or the Triad were somehow caught up with Cipher. And Charlie killed it as Cipher...she really is a cold ass ? .
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

oh look, trash mods unite!
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited April 2017
    Options

Yea he shouldn't talk

Ill say what I like, cry me a river and float away in it ? ... you and officer ricky over there.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock And Jason Statham Officially Getting Fast & Furious Spinoff Movie
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    The Rock And Jason Statham Officially Getting Fast & Furious Spinoff Movie

?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yeah this ? was flames .
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    So was cipher ever mentioned ever since deckar and his brother been in the movies ? I might have to rewatch starting at part 4
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess this is the next one?
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can see it now, somehow Deckard was saving han by creating his death for a bigger job. That's what the writers will make up.

Overall I loved the movie, some plot hole, but still good. Better than ff7.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ONLY THING I HATE ABOUT THIS IS HOW THE TREAT DOM LIKE CHRIST IN EEVVVVERRRY MOVIE
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? fighting matt damon as vader now
  • TheBossman
    Options

That's confirmed?
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    dom was out there looking like bane

lol the ? where do yall get this ? ? lay off the ?
  • TheBossman
    Options
    First the transporter, now Jason Bourne? What next bryan mills?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I slightly regretted jumping to the defense if this film before having seen it.

Fate of the Furious (Fate... F8... get it?) Is much different in tone than the past movies. The dialogue and actions was much more punchline oriented. I felt like I was watching a WWF Royal Rumble during that prison break scene, though that may have been intentional.

But with a plot like this, there was a great opportunity to underline the film with the values of trust, faith, and loyalty in addition to the core "family" dynamic that exists with every film thus far. Instead, they dedicated dialogue to one liners and predictable comedic timing instead of character development and reinforcement.

Still not a bad movie. Not the best so far either but it certainly belongs with the rest from a quality standard.

If F7 was a 8/10, this is a 7/10
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Speak the gospel brotha.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed it. At this point I want it to get as ridiculous as possible. This series is like The Expendables series to me. I'm going in looking for over the top action, violence, and explosions. If it surrounds a cool story, even better.