Race and Love

Options

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are black people who get with their partner because they're white, and there are black people who get with their partner who happens to be white. There's a difference.

but how is a person who is skeptical about where your loyalties lie supposed to be able to tell the difference between the two?

how do you expect someone reluctant to see what you saying when you at the same time telling them to close their eyes?

for example - problack ? schools me on how institutional racism and the lack of economic empowerment is keeping my people down

but then we get to the problack meeting later to start planning for the revolution, and this ? shows up with becky sue on his arm SMH

and menatwhile becky sue's uncle is one of the cops known for pressing ? in my city..........nah you can't expect a rational person to just ignore that :(

But here's the thing though, fam: the person can then either choose to get more information about said pro-black dude and if he's with her because she's white or just happens to be white...or just make assumptions about it.

When I'm presented with an either/or situation n have no info to decide either way...I get more info. Instead of arbitrarily making assumptions one way or the other.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Just because he's a Black activist doesn't necessarily mean he hates or has a problem with all Whites.
    mryounggun wrote: »
    <---Pro-Black and has dated 2 white girls in the past. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Here's the thing that a lot of people don't realize:

There is a big difference between being PRO-Black and being ANTI-White. A lot of the ? - especially on the IC - who claim to be pro-black are just anti-white in reality. Meaning they don't really give a ? about black people prospering or winning. They are way more concerned with white people LOSING or hating white people.

I've dated women of every ethnicity. That doesn't take away from my love of black people and desire to see black people prosper and have the same rights as every other race.

Now if you are black and you say 'I exclusively date white women. I will not date black women.'., that's a little different.

Word. I dont hate white folks. I hate what they are doing to us globally. I never been with a white chick but i do ? with latinas. I still love my people. Love is love. I could care less who a ? smashes. I care more about who im ? .
  • PapaDoc223
    Options
    However ill marry a black women and start a family with one. Ill just smash latinas and white chicks but not marrying them or marry them.
  • PapaDoc223
    Options
    Or starting a family with them i meant. Damn no edit in mobile yo lol
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Aye a talented one if you keep flaging my post but don't address anything i say then i will flag every single post you make on this forum. stop being a ? and confront me if you disagree or you can stop the ? reactions.

Now go ahead and click feelings

I don't always have time to respond. And sometimes when I do you refuse to argue with me. I remember one time I wrote out a long post replying to some of the same points you are making here and you refused to engage me. May try to find it later.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait... r ppl really saying ? Frederick Douglass? y'all have serious issues if u care that much about another man's ? ...

You don't exist by yourself. You are part of a people so what the other man does eventually affects you and your descendants.

That man beat the breaks off of his white slave master when he was only thirteen years old and was an abolitionist etc what have you done?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't even know if similarly attractive (and educated, if he is educated) black women are checking for dude like that.

As I have said before many times on here, I go out with these white and other non-black women because comparable black women aren't checking for me.

So if all his gfs are white, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's not open to sisters, or even that he doesn't prefer them.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are black people who get with their partner because they're white, and there are black people who get with their partner who happens to be white. There's a difference.

but how is a person who is skeptical about where your loyalties lie supposed to be able to tell the difference between the two?

how do you expect someone reluctant to see what you saying when you at the same time telling them to close their eyes?

for example - problack ? schools me on how institutional racism and the lack of economic empowerment is keeping my people down

but then we get to the problack meeting later to start planning for the revolution, and this ? shows up with becky sue on his arm SMH

and menatwhile becky sue's uncle is one of the cops known for pressing ? in my city..........nah you can't expect a rational person to just ignore that :(

But here's the thing though, fam: the person can then either choose to get more information about said pro-black dude and if he's with her because she's white or just happens to be white...or just make assumptions about it.

When I'm presented with an either/or situation n have no info to decide either way...I get more info. Instead of arbitrarily making assumptions one way or the other.

honestly the average person ain't got time to do a background check in every situation.........but really it just looks bad

it's just like these wealthy preachers riding around in a benz while taking money from a poor congregation

yeah the preacher could be legitimately helping folks and could genuinely care.......but why purposely make yourself look suspect, especially if you trying to win someone over

you can't tell me a pastor with a rolex on his wrist looks right asking someone living near the poverty line to put some money in the collection plate

just like you can't talk down on racism the go home and ? /suck on some white ? and not expect a rational person to look at you funny
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    wait... r ppl really saying ? Frederick Douglass? y'all have serious issues if u care that much about another man's ? ...

You don't exist by yourself. You are part of a people so what the other man does eventually affects you and your descendants.

That man beat the breaks off of his white slave master when he was only thirteen years old and was an abolitionist etc what have you done?

I recognize he did great things but he also willing married a white woman thus tarnishing the things he did along with his legacy and we have to recognize that as well.
  • zzombie
    Options
    We don't even know if similarly attractive (and educated, if he is educated) black women are checking for dude like that.

As I have said before many times on here, I go out with these white and other non-black women because comparable black women aren't checking for me.

So if all his gfs are white, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's not open to sisters, or even that he doesn't prefer them.

so You want us to believe that you can't find a black women with your comparable interest??? when there are literally millions of black women in america.
  • mryounggun
    Options

honestly the average person ain't got time to do a background check in every situation.........but really it just looks bad

it's just like these wealthy preachers riding around in a benz while taking money from a poor congregation

yeah the preacher could be legitimately helping folks and could genuinely care.......but why purposely make yourself look suspect, especially if you trying to win someone over

you can't tell me a pastor with a rolex on his wrist looks right asking someone living near the poverty line to put some money in the collection plate

just like you can't talk down on racism the go home and ? /suck on some white ? and not expect a rational person to look at you funny

Fair. Everybody ain't got time (or more honestly, the desire) to get more information. But the alternative is expecting people to live their life and love based on the optics and how it looks to other people.

Can't rock with that.
  • blakfyahking
    Options

You judge a person by their actions. Take Harry Belafonte for example, I don't think many would deny that the man has done more for black people as a collective than most, and his current wife is white. I'll look at his actions, listen to his words, and I draw a conclusion from there.
    Obviously that's not foolproof, but ? who just want a becky/biff because they think it elevates them in society, usually reveal themselves.

As for your analogy, like I said, the black dude has revealed himself by his actions: he's with a becky who has a close racist relative and (i'm assuming for argument's sake) hasn't dissociated herself from said relative. That tells me what I need to know: he ain't ? .

I mean, I get it, if you don't choose a white partner, (we assume) you're less likely to have problematic views on race relations, and less likely to engage in coontastic ? , but that's not fool-proof either. I think most people know a black couple who ? over 9000.

I agree with the bolded

all I'm saying is a person has a legitimate right to question your intentions when you wifing the "enemy" and planning to give your estate to them after your death

it's one thing to be smashing for entertainment, it's another to build a life with them and then be surprised that people wonder about your loyalty.......you don't ever just so happen to get in a serious relationship with someone without making a series of deliberate choices 1st
  • blakfyahking
    Options

Fair. Everybody ain't got time (or more honestly, the desire) to get more information. But the alternative is expecting people to live their life and love based on the optics and how it looks to other people.

Can't rock with that.

nah bruh, I'm not saying the bolded at all

all I'm saying is you can't be surprised when someone is skeptical cause it initially appears that you ain't living what you preaching

when we make decisions we should be aware of the implications of those decisions, otherwise we may appear to be hypocrites......that's all I'm saying

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <---Pro-Black and has dated 2 white girls in the past. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Here's the thing that a lot of people don't realize:

There is a big difference between being PRO-Black and being ANTI-White. A lot of the ? - especially on the IC - who claim to be pro-black are just anti-white in reality. Meaning they don't really give a ? about black people prospering or winning. They are way more concerned with white people LOSING or hating white people.

I've dated women of every ethnicity. That doesn't take away from my love of black people and desire to see black people prosper and have the same rights as every other race.

Now if you are black and you say 'I exclusively date white women. I will not date black women.'., that's a little different.

This is what I said in my description of him I clearly state as long as I've known him
    His only dated white women but posters seem to miss that
    An focus on the love whoever u want ?
    Meanwhile supporting the guy who's downing his own race for a white woman
    Yet I'm the ignorant one
  • zzombie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    it's like pulling teeth trying yo explain to these guys why race mixing is bad for black people and why so called leaders or men of " respect" that race mix are suspect.

You guys just love ? to much or are not in full control of your emotions and fall in "love" with these white girls just come out and say so

but at the same time you lose all credibility in saying you are for black empowerment because empowerment starts within the black family
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Fredirick Douglass wife was white
    James Baldwin's Partner was white

so...

Douglass was married to his first wife(black) for 44 years. A few years after she died he married his 2nd wife (white) when he was almost 70 and senile.

you really want me to go into listing all your black heroes that had white companions sir?

I ? white ? too but I don't wife them
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's like pulling teeth trying yo explain to these guys why race mixing is bad for black people and why so called leaders or men of " respect" that race mix are suspect.

You guys just love ? to much or are not in full control of your emotions and fall in "love" with these white girls just come out and say so

but at the same time you lose all credibility in saying you are for black empowerment because empowerment starts within the black family

So what would you say to a black male or female that is in interracial relationship? Would you try to persuade them to get out of it or you would let them be?
  • PapaDoc223
    Options

When i heard black men complaining they cant find good black women they seem to me to be the nerdy cornball type. There is plenty good black women. If you cant find one then there something terribly wrong with you. There is about 5 black women or more for every black man in this country. There is no excuses for not finding a good black women.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I recognize he did great things but he also willing married a white woman thus tarnishing the things he did along with his legacy and we have to recognize that as well.

Nahh.
    Nothings tarnished.
    That was a great man.
    That's it.
  • zzombie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

So what would you say to a black male or female that is in interracial relationship? Would you try to persuade them to get out of it or you would let them be?

I would persuade them to change their whole way of thinking their political economic and social ideology would have to go first. Then even the desire to be with a white person would disappear

The problem with actively persuading someone while they are conscious of what you are doing is that they can feel manipulated and eventually that feeling can turn to resentment
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Tay Gettem wrote: »

This is what I said in my description of him I clearly state as long as I've known him
    Yet I'm the ignorant one

Naw, you don't know that man, dawg. Let's keep it real. He's dated white chicks for the 3 years, you'v known him. You're assuming that he exclusively dates white women. You have no way of knowing that, my G.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    lol This thread struck a nerve in a couple dudes.

I see no problem with interracial dating, none of my business. But if you speaking some ? ? with a white ? on your arm you're not to be taken seriously.

Going hard defending ? ?
  • zzombie
    Options
    gns wrote: »

Nahh.
    Nothings tarnished.
    That was a great man.
    That's it.

No you can accept that he was a great man and also accept his flaws
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Tay Gettem wrote: »

Yet I'm the ignorant one

Naw, you don't know that man, dawg. Let's keep it real. He's dated white chicks for the 3 years, you'v known him. You're assuming that he exclusively dates white women. You have no way of knowing that, my G.

CJLsXKo.png I think he knows him better than you though