Race and Love

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    i think it depends on each person situation. ......but i think if you are really about uplifting your race/ethnicity/community, you'd marry someone from your own race/ethnicity /community. Frankly, i cant imagine marrying a white person

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? kicking that black power comes from the family but his kid doesn't even live with him.

You got your kid in a broken home bruh.

9 times outta 10, who's the person responsible for taking his kid from him? The black woman he got with and the judge. Who might sometimes be a black woman herself. Doesn't mean he ain't bout family, it means he got ? in the game.

My point is that if they ain't got the character they'd be sell-outs regardless of who their with, what their situation is, or what stereotype they fit. I understand the suspicion people have, I'm like that as well. But you gotta show prove before I can truly judge you.

This thread and the amount of attention y'all give to one particular white woman on here doesn't add up, though.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ibestrokin wrote: »
    Fredirick Douglass wife was white
    James Baldwin's Partner was white

so...

but fredirick is a ? though

Why is this not buried?

I mean, how utterly disgusting to say this about Frederick Douglass, one of the greatest black men who ever lived.

Although he wasn't killed like MLK and Malcolm, he almost certainly put his life at more risk than either of them.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so...

Why is this not buried?

I mean, how utterly disgusting to say this about Frederick Douglass, one of the greatest black men who ever lived.

Although he wasn't killed like MLK and Malcolm, he almost certainly put his life at more risk than either of them.

He married a white woman
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? kicking that black power comes from the family but his kid doesn't even live with him.

My kids not in a broken home he knowns both his parents
    zzombie wrote: »

who is this addressed to???

He was aiming at me
  • A Talented One
    Options

so...

Why is this not buried?

The militant internet ? is not only often ignorant, confused in his ideology and fake in his militancy, he also lacks respect for the sacrifices of past giants of the struggle, at least if they are found to be wanting in any respect that he considers important.

Disgusting.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »
    A talented one...do you know what a "phone voice" or "mask" at work is??? Why would black people feel the need to change their voice or their demeanor around a different race especially whites?? Where did that feeling of needing to change how we come off come from??

Who said anything about that though? I mean, really. How did you read what I posted and came up with this post?

Someone who sounds white need not be changing their voice at all, much less do so as some means to assuage the fear or gain the friendship of whites or anything of the sort.

Now think carefully before you embarrass yourself like this next time.
  • zzombie
    Options

so...

Why is this not buried?

The militant internet ? is not only often ignorant, confused in his ideology and fake in his militancy, he also lacks respect for the sacrifices of past giants of the struggle, at least if they are found to be wanting in any respect that he considers important.

Disgusting.

People respect Fredrick but he tarnished his legacy by marrying a white woman at a time in which black women were living in deep oppression.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so...

Why is this not buried?

Disgusting.

People respect Fredrick but he tarnished his legacy by marrying a white woman at a time in which black women were living in deep oppression.

Are you a better person then him?

• zzombie
    Options

so...

Why is this not buried?

Disgusting.

I don't have to be no one is holding me up as a hero nor am I putting that status on myself.

• Shizlansky
    Options

so...

Why is this not buried?

Disgusting.

I don't have to be no one is holding me up as a hero nor am I putting that status on myself.

If you didn't do 1/10 of what he did you have no merit to diss him and what he accomplish.

You're just a nobody that has done nothing for black ppl.

• zzombie
    Options
    If you want a white woman take one but you have to deal with the consequences, people are going to lose respect for you and anything you say about racial issues will be taken with a grain of salt
  • zzombie
    Options

so...

Why is this not buried?

Disgusting.

If you didn't do 1/10 of what he did you have no merit to diss him and what he accomplish.

You're just a nobody that has done nothing for black ppl.

You can criticize anyone especially a historical figure.why should he escape criticism just because he did good things??? No he married a white ? so holding him up as a role model/heroe is problematic.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    If he's not a hero then what does that make you?

Cuz you a grain of salt in the sea compared to him

Because if he's a problem you gotta be worst them him.

Look at yourself, you haven't done anything for black ppl so you're very problematic
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    And like somebody said he married a white women whne he was damn near at the end of his line and probably wasn't in his right mind.

But that's the thing you focus on.

You sound bitter as ? .
  • zzombie
    Options
    Comparing the accomplishments of a dead person to someone still living is silly.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I got to say is this. When I watched the B.E.T honors I wanted to throw some ? at the T.V. Half these rich/successful kneegrows on that stage speaking on uplifting the people and our struggles were with crackas. Wasn't just smashing, they were married and had kids lol. They all even gave credit to them for their success.

The awkward looks on everyone's faces was priceless. The awkward silence and claps were even more hilarious. I really felt bad for the sistas though. Them white broads sitting front row in front of the sistas being praised by successful black men at BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION HONORING BLACK ACHIEVEMENTS.

This can't be life.

Big OG @blakfyahking in here dropping that R.N.S. Zombie dropping that ? too, he just aint sugar coating the ? . @TayGettem
    Don't know how long you been on here but this sit has been flooded with "new ? " and tap dancers over the years. ? will fight you over their white queens and debate the ? out of you. If you peep, most of the cats in here going against the R.N.S you dropped either wifed up/seeded up a non sista. Or just luuuuuve dem some light brights and mixed chicks. ? trying to front like they don't know what you was talking about smh.

Some of these posters are really white boys posing as blacks too.
  • zzombie
    Options
    And like somebody said he married a white women whne he was damn near at the end of his line and probably wasn't in his right mind.

But that's the thing you focus on.

You sound bitter as ? .

Man gtfoh he was not senile before he died you sound delusional as ?
  • A Talented One
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Every time this topic comes up, I feel like da va ju, having to repeat what I have said quite a few times in other threads. True, some of you may not have seen these other threads, but most of you have.

What I hate most though is the outright mendacity of some posters, who will deny things they know to be true because acknowledging their truth would seem to commit them to supporting IR dating. They will sometimes acknowledge these things when the topic is not IR dating though.

Anyway, back to the mismatch idea I mentioned earlier. Sometimes, a person can possess characteristics that puts them "out of sync" with his or her group. Earlier I mentioned religiosity; if you are a staunch atheist but most members of your group are religious, and religious orientation is important in selecting a mate, then these facts will make it more difficult for you to find a partner who is a member of your group.

And we know that black women tend to be more religious than white women -- which is clearly not to say that all black women are religious or that all white women are non-religious.

But religion is just one example. There are many of things that can separate one group from another, and in particular black women and white women. Another example I mentioned is "sounding white" (which, again, is not the same thing as speaking proper English). Of course, there are some black women who would not have an issue with a brother sounding white. But is also true that many do. And more to the point, a higher proportion would have a problem than would white women. So if 5 out of 10, say, would not have a problem with a dude sounding white, maybe 9 out of 10 white women would not. (And even if you disagree with the exact number, it is surely true that this would be less of an issue with white than black women.)

Take another example. Say that you believe that global warming is a major problem and you decide that you are not going to contribute to it by buying or using a car, preferring instead to use public transportation and bikes. This would be issue for many women. But I don't think it would equally be an issue for black and white women; you will see far more white women biking then black women.

There are other examples I could use, but I'll stop there with the examples. The thing to notice now is that all these issues can additively serve to exclude more members of your group than others. This means that it is not just that, say, more black women than white would have a problem with your religious orientation, or that more black women than white would have a problem with how you sound, or that more black women than white would have a problem with your preferred mode of transportation, but that all these things, and more, could be true.

So again, some individuals are mismatched with their group, and this makes it harder for them to find mates in their group. If you are not thus mismatched, you may not see it, but that doesn't that group-individual mismatching doesn't exist. Anyway, for this reason, some IR dating and marriage is probably inevitable.

• zzombie
    Options
    If he's not a hero then what does that make you?

Cuz you a grain of salt in the sea compared to him

Because if he's a problem you gotta be worst them him.

Look at yourself, you haven't done anything for black ppl so you're very problematic

I didn't say he wasn't a hero. He's not my hero but he is a hero.

He's a historical figure therefore his life is open to analysis and critique after I die future generations can do the same to me
  • zzombie
    Options
    Every time this topic comes up, I feel like da va ju, having to repeat what I have said quite a few times in other threads. True, some of you may not have seen these other threads, but most of you have.

What I hate most though is the outright mendacity of some posters, who will deny things they know to be true because acknowledging their truth would seem to commit them to supporting IR dating. They will sometimes acknowledge these things when the topic is not IR dating though.

Anyway, back to the mismatch idea I mentioned earlier. Sometimes, a person can possess characteristics that puts them "out of sync" with his or her group. Earlier I mentioned religiosity; if you are a staunch atheist but most members of your group are religious, and religious orientation is important in selecting a mate, then these facts will make it more difficult for you to find a partner who is a member of your group.

And we know that black women tend to be more religious than white women -- which is clearly not to say that all black women are religious or that all white women are non-religious.

But religion is just one example. There are many of things that can separate one group from another, and in particular black women and white women. Another example I mentioned is "sounding white" (which, again, is not the same thing as speaking proper English). Of course, there are some black women who would not have an issue with a brother sounding white. But is also true that many do. And more to the point, a higher proportion would have a problem than would white women. So if 5 out of 10, say, would not have a problem with a dude sounding white, maybe 9 out of 10 white women would not. (And even if you disagree with the exact number, it is surely true that this would be less of an issue with white than black women.)

Take another example. Say that you believe that global warming is a major problem and you decide that you are not going to contribute to it by buying or using a car, preferring instead to use public transportation and bikes. This would be issue for many women. But I don't think it would equally be an issue for black and white women; you will see far more white women biking then black women.

There are other examples I could use, but I'll stop there with the examples. The thing to notice now is that all these issues can additively serve to exclude more members of your group than others. This means that it is not just that, say, more black women than white would have a problem with your religious orientation, or that more black women than white would have a problem with how you sound, or that more black women than white would have a problem with your preferred mode of transportation, but that all these things, and more, could be true.

So again, some individuals are mismatched with their group, and this makes it harder for them to find mates in their group. If you are not thus mismatched, you may not see it, but that doesn't that group-individual mismatching doesn't exist. Anyway, for this reason, some IR dating and marriage is probably inevitable.

This docile idiot just wrote an entire essay that says nothing to answer the criticisms of his position.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Talented One we get it, you dont like black women. Sheesh
  • A Talented One
    Options

This docile idiot just wrote an entire essay that says nothing to answer the criticisms of his position.

What have I said that makes you say that I am "docile"? Cause nothing is further from the truth. Just like I stand up -- often alone -- to the garbage that y'all post on here, just so that I stand up to white people and their racism. But there aren't many white racists on here, so y'all don't see it.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    A couple other things.

Although I think that I am a person who is mismatched in certain ways with my group, at least to some extent, the number one issue with me and black women is their weight. I like slim women, and slim black women in their late 20s/early 30s become relatively harder to find.

Second, I'm a well-educated brother, and it is not gonna work with someone who is not educated. (Most of the white women I have gone out with have Masters' level degrees or higher.)

So black professional women would seem to be my most natural constituency. But many of these women are the biggest stereotypers of black men around.

Let me explain. When the men of a group is not doing so well economically, financial stability becomes more important to the women of the group; after all, if the men in general aren't doing so well, that raises the chances that any given man a woman meets will be financially unstable. I mean, it just makes sense, especially for the women who are doing well themselves, to be sensitive to this when the men aren't doing so well. And this is something that researchers who study black marriage decline would freely acknowledge. The problem is that now professional black women (who do indeed often marry down, though they would prefer not to) are constantly on the lookout for signs that brothers are not educated (and so do not have a high potential for at least a middle class income). (I am speaking of course of people who don't know each other.) If there are such signs, there is a good chance that you are not gonna get any where. What this means is that these women often stereotype us based on dress and things of that sort, and you will find brothers wearing their class status on their sleeves so as to escape this stereotyping. I refuse to play this game.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL

Clown ass ?