Big Brother Season 17 Thread

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Strategically, I have so very much to say, but I am going to wait until I get out to touch on that any further. I plan to release a series of strategy analysis blogs in October detailing my mindset and strategy throughout this Big Brother season. For now, the end is near… and all I can think about is how much I miss the people in my life… so I would like to use this space for a series of open letters.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/hoh_blog/1004661/hoh-suite-spot-vanessa-pens-a-series-of-sincere-open-letters/

this paragraph from vanessa hoh blog sums up why i dont ? with her -- yea she smart but she is extremely emotional, paranoid and obsessed with showing herself in the best light possible + she refuses to take any responsibility for anything -- she think she slick but the real reason why she dont want to tell people her strategy is because she wants to get out of the house to see what actually happened so she can do that revisionist history ? and craft her own narrative to make herself seem as mastermind-y and in control as possible -- she is so paranoid about what is going on in the house (and clearly isnt confident in her read) that she wont even mention who she aligned with for fear they are going to turn on her AKA she will look like a ?

i bet shes waiting to see who is liked/not liked so she can factor that in too

she aint real
  • Madame Lace
    Madame Lace Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Vanessa has a final 2 deal with everyone in the house.

It would be great if everyone had a conversation and realized she is playing everyone

But she was quick to throw Austin under the bus ...and tell the twins don't say anything to him. Because I'm looking out for you

One conversation with the right person would blow her game wide open
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Austin lives to finger another day
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Austin lives to finger another day

Good.

Hope Steve puts either Julia or Vanessa up.
  • deadeye
    Options
    So, I'm 42 minutes into last night's After Dark and, apparently, Jessie (bodybuilder) played some role in the POV comp.

Also, based on a convo that Vanessa and Austin were having, Vanessa's new tv show is gonna be called Stakes....unless that was just a codeword or something.

Usually the producers would've cut away from that right away, but I guess they decided to stay with the convo since there's so few people in the house, the twins were sleeping, and Steve was in the DR at the time.

Seems like it's a foregone conclusion that Julia's going up.

Vanessa was telling Johnny Mac that the twins don't know which one of them they want to stay.

Thought it was funny that they actually think it matters since they're not gonna have any say in which one of them goes anyway.

Smartest move for everyone voting would be to get out Liz since she's the stronger competitor.

Probably gonna be 2-1 eviction for Liz.

Austin will vote to keep her, but Johnny Mac and Vanessa are gonna vote to evict her.

It'll be interesting to see Austin and Julia working together without Liz.....probably awkward for them too.
  • Madame Lace
    Options
    the comment Austin made in reference to stakes is in regards to her offering early on that she stake the winnings in a game and double the amount....the seeds have been planted to the other houseguests to keep her so she can increase their monetary value....I call bribe .JS ..
  • ckfree
    Options
    im interested to see austin DR sessions on wednesday episode because apparently during the pov comp julia asked vanessa (smh) who she should pick to go head to head with her and vanessa said austin -- this caused austin to turn to 'judas' when he ended up winning the pov where he accused vanessa of trying to mastermind a plan to get him out

vanessa goes crazy and turns the twins against austin by telling them she has so much info on him about the twins and that she is so close to blowing him up (info she never did reveal to the twins) -- i mean seriously if youre the twins if you cant put together why a person feels so comfortable talking ? about you with them then the least you can do is ask what this 'info' is about but they didnt

austin and vanessa go to talk it out but in true vanessa fashion she picked out something someone said to her and twisted it around to sound like they attacked her in some way -- where she goes into her 'im so hurt, im actually offended' routine that starts with tears and now the person she is talking to is so shocked at what just happened they start to feel bad and start apologizing over and over again

so i want to know if he really bought vanessa ? or he just played along so that she can shut up because with all the deals vanessa has she can basically throw hoh until final 3 since everybody really seems to be targeting one another
  • Madame Lace
    Options
    she had Austin apologizing to her, for him catching her in her bs....crazy.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand how everyone gets tied up in Vanessa's fake tears. I'd have her crying for real if she tried that ? with me. Especially this late in the game when they all know what she's about. ? disgusting.
  • deadeye
    Options
    the comment Austin made in reference to stakes is in regards to her offering early on that she stake the winnings in a game and double the amount....the seeds have been planted to the other houseguests to keep her so she can increase their monetary value....I call bribe .JS ..
    Funny thing is, she can easily back out of it by saying it was all gameplay and she was lying to get them to keep her.

Nothing they could do about it either.
  • Madame Lace
    Options
    Austin used the POV on himself , Steve put up Julia as a replacement ...
  • pegcas
    pegcas Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    Strategically, I have so very much to say, but I am going to wait until I get out to touch on that any further. I plan to release a series of strategy analysis blogs in October detailing my mindset and strategy throughout this Big Brother season. For now, the end is near… and all I can think about is how much I miss the people in my life… so I would like to use this space for a series of open letters.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/hoh_blog/1004661/hoh-suite-spot-vanessa-pens-a-series-of-sincere-open-letters/

this paragraph from vanessa hoh blog sums up why i dont ? with her -- yea she smart but she is extremely emotional, paranoid and obsessed with showing herself in the best light possible + she refuses to take any responsibility for anything -- she think she slick but the real reason why she dont want to tell people her strategy is because she wants to get out of the house to see what actually happened so she can do that revisionist history ? and craft her own narrative to make herself seem as mastermind-y and in control as possible -- she is so paranoid about what is going on in the house (and clearly isnt confident in her read) that she wont even mention who she aligned with for fear they are going to turn on her AKA she will look like a ?

she aint real

As fake as Vanessa is she actually deserves to win cause she def played everyone. I knew she was a snake the minute she stepped foot in that house. If one of the Austwins wins Hoh I see them going after j mac and because they went at j mac he's going for them. Vanessa may very well be nominated but she still won't be the target. Damn shame! Give her the money!
  • deadeye
    Options
    I'm calling it right now:

Steve "Keysar" Sosi is winning the whole thing.

It'll be just like Dan's 2nd season when he played the best game, but things just fell into place for Ian to win.

Same thing's gonna happen with Steve and Vanessa.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    I'm calling it right now:

Steve "Keysar" Sosi is winning the whole thing.

It'll be just like Dan's 2nd season when he played the best game, but things just fell into place for Ian to win.

Same thing's gonna happen with Steve and Vanessa.

I completely agree with that. As much as I dislike her - Vanessa is the only one that really seems to be actually playing the game. And the whole Steve talking directly to the camera thing is beyond wack to me. If he has ? to say he should be saying it in the diary room. From my perspective when he does that it seems like he's trying to justify his ? gameplay to the viewers since he only does it when his moves are being dictated by someone else in the house but the couple times when he really had to stand on his own he was either puking or crying. Although in a sense I'm glad he did it that last time since it will rub salt in the twins' and Austin's wounds to hear him saying how stupid it was for them to not vote out Johnny Mac (the guy they had just stabbed in the back) first.

But ultimately I don't like this trend of the people winning being the ones that just managed to squeak by.
  • Madame Lace
    Options
    Vanessa s mantra " everyone in jury hates me , I'm the best one to take to f2 " it's true but UGH.........., she's telling Steve that the speeches don't matter ....ha ha ha you better believe her speech is going to be LETHAL....
  • ckfree
    Options
    an interview with the president of cbs aka julie chen husband (only two questions where he talked big brother)

Q: And yet you’re still involved on a micro level with a lot of decisions. I’ve heard you still play a role in signing off on the cast for Big Brother …

A: By the way, this wasn’t a great year for casting on Big Brother.

Q: Early on, the cast seemed pretty promising!

A: I agree. Usually you have one or two disappointments. I think we had five or six disappointments. Another discussio
    n

http://www.vulture.com/2015/09/leslie-moonves-on-20-years-at-cbs.html

pegcas wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »

she aint real

As fake as Vanessa is she actually deserves to win cause she def played everyone. I knew she was a snake the minute she stepped foot in that house. If one of the Austwins wins Hoh I see them going after j mac and because they went at j mac he's going for them. Vanessa may very well be nominated but she still won't be the target. Damn shame! Give her the money!

from the way she talks to the way she dresses -- there is nothing about vanessa i like but i will concede that she is the most deserving of the money

i wouldnt say she is playing the best game in bb history but she is playing the game (even if that means crying to get sympathy and crying some more in order for the plan to fall in place) -- she is basically responsible for half the house being eliminated by either being in someones ear or directly getting rid of them and she did save herself from elimination when the whole house was against her + she has done a good job selling everyone on her 'solo dolo' bit when she really has deals with everyone in the house

so yea even though she has been an emotional paranoid player she has never sat back and not played the game
  • ckfree
    Options
    @BB_Updates Steve to himself- Vanessa, I dont trust you #BB17

@BB_Updates Steve to himself- I dont trust you, Vanessa. I really dont. Johnny Mac might be a twist but I trust him more than I trust you #BB17

@BB_Updates Steve to himself- I'm going down there. I dont trust you, Vanessa #BB17

@BB_Updates Steve is again talking to himself in the HoH room, saying that he does not trust Vanessa #BB17

@BB_Updates Austin to Liz/Julia- She (Vanessa) painted the picture that everyone hates her. They might hate her a bit but they respect the game #BB17

@BB_Updates Julia to Austin/Liz- I have a bad feeling that them three (John/Steve/Vanessa) have a Final 3 deal #BB17

@BB_Updates Austin to Liz/Julia- I dont know if she (Vanessa) has any incentive this week to try hard #BB17

@BB_Updates Julia told Liz that Vanessa is playing both sides of the house. Liz said that she is trying to be the Derrick and cannot be trusted #BB17

@BB_Updates Julia said she had thought that she could trust Vanessa more than Austin. Liz said Austin wouldnt backstab them cause love is involved #BB17

nobody trust vanessa but they still not gonna do anything about it

shes gonna walk right to final 3 with everybody doing her ? work
  • ckfree
    Options
    big brother is too long these days

it should be 80 days max

apparently vanessa and johnny mac are going to keep liz

it seems the decision was really left up to the twins to decide who they wanted to stay but vanessa never one to miss out on a deal made them agree to 3 things

1. she is the last nomination option after johnny mac/steve
    2. she gets to call the votes if she and liz or austin are voters next week
    3 austin and liz have to take vanessa to final 2 if they lose each other

theyre not gonna keep their word because austin/liz/julia have figured out vanessa game and how she has an F2 with everyone and that is why johnny mac wasnt on the block during vanessa last hoh and how she set everything in motion to be taken to F2 by everyone -- they are planning to expose her deals to johnny mac

liz/austin plan still seems to be to target steve this week but if he wins pov there is a chance they put up vanessa because they really like the idea of having johnny mac final 3 with them since they feel they can beat him easier than the others
  • ckfree
    Options
    im reading there was a 4th stipulation on vanessa deal as well

4. if its final 3 -- austin has to throw first hoh and let 'the girls' (vanessa/liz) battle it out
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well she is good, but keeping Liz is a terrible decision.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Vanessa's an idiot if she's really keeping Liz......and Austin and Liz are idiots if they're seriously gonna agree to Vanessa's conditions.

I hope Johnny Mac's not dumb enough to go along with this.

Then again, it doesn't matter if he does or not if Austin and Vanessa are in agreement about Liz.

Well, I guess it does kinda matter because they'll know if he votes for Liz to be evicted.

Just thinking about all the scenarios is exhausting.

Not sure if I could make it in the house.
  • Madame Lace
    Options
    The twins had Vanessa up against the ropes

Vanessa starts crying

The twins fold...

W. T. F
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    I'll be disappointed if anyone but Vanessa wins. These ppl are lames. They should all self evict and just let her have it.

This show got me waking up just tired of ? mayne.
  • deadeye
    Options
    I'll be disappointed if anyone but Vanessa wins. These ppl are lames. They should all self evict and just let her have it.

This show got me waking up just tired of ? mayne.

I want to see her get close enough to win......and then watch her have a breakdown when it's suddenly taken away from her.

For that to happen, somebody's gonna have to backdoor her.

I know at some point there's gonna be a fast forward in the middle of the week....think it's during Final 5.

Meaning, next week, someone's gonna get evicted on Wednesday......and, right before that happens, the feeds will be down from that Wednesday until sometime after Thursday's live show.

Nvm.....I was wrong.

Just checked my cable guide, and next weeks POV ceremony will be on Tuesday....and the live eviction show will be on Wednesday.

Probably because of Thursday night football.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Twins packing some fat pumpums. Been peeped that ? . Ijs.

Must suck to be James knowing you trapped in a house with 4 attractive women who haven't had ? in months and you not about to get any play. Couldn't be me.