Big Brother Season 17 Thread

Options

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess i am the only Vanessa fan here. Is she an emotional wreck? Yes, but no one can deny she played an heck of a game. Yes, she was surrounded by a bunch of dumb, weak and easily manipulated people. but there are always those types every season. She played the hand she was dealt and took great advantage of it.

rFtCvCS.gif

The one mistake she made was not owning her game in the DR and always playing the victim. If she had owned her game in the DR, it would have gone a long way in helping her public image.
  • Madame Lace
    Madame Lace Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Wow I thought the season ended on Sunday..... Got Direct TV and just found out they got After Dark on there..... ? , anybody know how I can watch this season????? I missed a lot of episodes.........

YouTube or cbs all access
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this show has yet to have a female mastermind manipulator as its winner in the mold of will or dan -- all the past female winners have won for different reasons

lisa in season 3 (back when DR sessions were being shown to jury) won because she was nicer than danielle in the DR although lisa game was underrated

jun in season 4 won because of her amazing ability to float -- she worked both sides of the house but i dont remember her having the manipulation skills of will or dan

maggie in season 6 had a very derrick like strategy -- regulated a large alliance and ruled with an iron fist -- led a cult in the house

jordan in season 11 won because of her likeability

rachel in season 13 won because she was a competition warrior

vanessa would be the first female winner to win whose strategy is similar to the lying manipulation tactics will and dan are so highly regarded for -- it really do seem like she doesnt realize thats been her strategy though so its gonna make for an interesting finale if she dont own up to it
  • ckfree
    Options
    CPMNHUWVEAAu_HS.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/17/big-brother-julie-chen-interview-finale

lol

it would be some goat ? if vanessa does the same thing austin did when/if steve evicts her on wednesday because hes been a little chihuahua in her purse all game long
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    CPMNHUWVEAAu_HS.jpg

lol

it would be some goat ? if vanessa does the same thing austin did when/if steve evicts her on wednesday because hes been a little chihuahua in her purse all game long

Austin seems like a control freak so i wasn't surprised how he acted. He acted the same way with Liz when they hadn't even kissed yet. You ain't even done ? with a girl and you acting like Liz was your girl. Jeff was flirting with her and he acted the same way he did during his eviction.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They should've shown all of this on tv.

Would've loved to see it.

Whoever's in charge should be fired for not doing that.

Just shows how out-of-touch they are with what viewers want to see.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    I guess i am the only Vanessa fan here. Is she an emotional wreck? Yes, but no one can deny she played an heck of a game. Yes, she was surrounded by a bunch of dumb, weak and easily manipulated people. but there are always those types every season. She played the hand she was dealt and took great advantage of it.

rFtCvCS.gif

The one mistake she made was not owning her game in the DR and always playing the victim. If she had owned her game in the DR, it would have gone a long way in helping her public image.

100% agree

Some people are taking it too far comparing her to some of the all time greats, but she's definitely played a strong game. That being said, she was fortunate that the right people got power (Austin/Liz) and wanted to keep her in the house as a target. I was rooting for Vanessa early in the game, but I got sick of her real quick during her 1st HOH week. The fakeness she pulls in the DR is a little hard to stomach. It's like she thinks we dont see what goes on in the house. I dont think she truly understands the live feeds. Steve has had to explain it to her quite a bit.
  • ckfree
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    CPMNHUWVEAAu_HS.jpg

lol

Austin seems like a control freak so i wasn't surprised how he acted. He acted the same way with Liz when they hadn't even kissed yet. You ain't even done ? with a girl and you acting like Liz was your girl. Jeff was flirting with her and he acted the same way he did during his eviction.

hes a weirdo too

i found it funny how he thinks he will have any influence on the jury because none of them take him seriously -- maybe only julia -- shelli regrets throwing her game away to save him so i doubt she cares what he has to say -- jackie has always thought he was a big joke and both meg & james thought he was a phony by the time they were evicted

austin thinks hes way more important than he is

this has been his one consistent character trait all season
  • ckfree
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

They should've shown all of this on tv.

Would've loved to see it.

Whoever's in charge should be fired for not doing that.

Just shows how out-of-touch they are with what viewers want to see.

i remember seeing a james rhine interview he had with evel d and he said when dr will made his 'i hate you all' speech production got mad that they made them re do the whole thing all over again (one in which he was asking to stay)

thankfully that one never saw the light of day
  • ckfree
    Options
    steve won part 2

vanessa vs steve on finale night for part 3

it was a really close comp, steve finished in 28 minutes, liz finished in 31 minutes

apparently steve (who wants to evict vanessa) is playing it up to vanessa (shes been saying she is gonna pick him) -- he wants them to tell liz they had a final 2 since week 2 (ala derrick/cody to victoria last season) -- shes having none of it though

week long stare down begins
  • Madame Lace
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Steve wants to tell Liz they are not talking her because of their f2 deal like they did with Victoria last season

Vanessa doesn't want to because she is hedging her bets

She's waiting to see who wins the 3rd part of the comp

If she wins she's taking Liz

I hope Steve sees through this and takes Liz

The only way Liz will take Steve is if he agrees to tell the jury he's not worthy to win

And they should vote for her

LOL

• Madame Lace
    Options
    Liz told Steve that production gave her a clue during part 2 of the comp

Alison is still at it

They are ruining BB

They told HER " Liz you were here , that was you second hoh"

So IMO anyone who says Vanessa has not been given a leg up and the other houseguests have not been derailed...

I call bs

No one can be as DUMB as they are perceived....JS

• Madame Lace
    Options
    2:42 pst for all of you that have the feeds
  • deadeye
    Options
    Clay was an idiot for leaving.

Just finished watching the recap, and I think his decision to sacrifice his game for Shelli was a major turning point in the game.

Not saying he would've won, but the game might've turned out a lot different if he had decided to stay.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CPMNHUWVEAAu_HS.jpg

lol

hes a weirdo too

i found it funny how he thinks he will have any influence on the jury because none of them take him seriously -- maybe only julia -- shelli regrets throwing her game away to save him so i doubt she cares what he has to say -- jackie has always thought he was a big joke and both meg & james thought he was a phony by the time they were evicted

Ironically hes a wrestler and he acts like 30 year old guy who still follows the WWE. Immature, gym bro, can't communicate with females and get's ? at you when you tell him wrestling is fake and the plot is at a 4th grade viewer level.
  • ckfree
    Options
    CPMNHUWVEAAu_HS.jpg

lol

hes a weirdo too

Ironically hes a wrestler and he acts like 30 year old guy who still follows the WWE. Immature, gym bro, can't communicate with females and get's ? at you when you tell him wrestling is fake and the plot is at a 4th grade viewer level.

its hilarious/sad that he lives a life of constant jealousy of others

when vanessa gave her 'poetic' speech when she was nominated against shelli you could see how pressed he was because hes suppose to be the romance historian and poet -- ever since that he had been trying to make these grand speeches and flopping every time -- and then with jessie -- someone who actually had some success in the wrestling industry, comes into the house and you just know austin was envious the whole time

the whole 'judas is back' was cringeworthy smh the guy is just all around pathetic and deep down he knows it but that just causes him to overcompensate even more

he wasnt lying when he told steve last eviction that he reminded him of himself

austin is all facade
  • ckfree
    Options
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-17-zach-rance-824583

thoughts on the season by britney (bb12/14), frank (bb14), elissa and zach (bb16)

ive been trying to find a silver lining in vanessa winning other than she is the most deserving because honestly i dont give a ? that she is and i think ive found one

this show needs a boost from these low-key under the radar winners

vanessa has played an aggresive game filled with emotional outbursts + drama so she needs to be rewarded for it -- steve is the same style winner weve been seeing -- eventually were gonna have a season with 16 people attempting to play a low-key, fun sucking game centered upon throwing competitions for the first 50 days since thats the formula that clearly works in big brother these days

house full of andy's (his game was underrated though)

man just win steve so i dont have to make up ? to myself
  • deadeye
    Options

thoughts on the season by britney (bb12/14), frank (bb14), elissa and zach (bb16)

ive been trying to find a silver lining in vanessa winning other than she is the most deserving because honestly i dont give a ? that she is and i think ive found one

vanessa has played an aggresive game filled with emotional outbursts + drama so she needs to be rewarded for it -- steve is the same style winner weve been seeing -- eventually were gonna have a season with 16 people attempting to play a low-key, fun sucking game centered upon throwing competitions for the first 50 days since thats the formula that clearly works in big brother these days

Production just needs to start picking people who know how to play the game and stop trying to manufacture stars......like they tried to with Amanda and now Vanessa.

? 's been ruining the show for the past few seasons.

It's been all downhill ever since Dan and Ian's semi-allstar season.
  • Madame Lace
    Options
    Liz microwaved a potatoes in tin foil... JS
  • Madame Lace
    Options
    Vanessa to Liz

Has Steve come to you yet

Liz says no

Vanessa says well he's going to come to you and tell you we have a f2 deal, don't believe him ...I don't trust him

Liz says, I don't know ...I'm scared

Vanessa says, do you trust me , I swear on Mel ( her gf )

LOL
  • ckfree
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Production just needs to start picking people who know how to play the game and stop trying to manufacture stars......like they tried to with Amanda and now Vanessa.

? 's been ruining the show for the past few seasons.

It's been all downhill ever since Dan and Ian's semi-allstar season.

it sure do seem they just be trawling beaches, cocktail bars and modeling agencies for the next bunch of pretty faces

it would be cool to have an all-stars/second chances type season next year

it feels like we are overdue for one but i dont know if i like the idea of the public voting in the people because it seems like they forget the great older characters and we are left with a cast of mainly people from the past few seasons (the public didnt even vote will or danielle in all-stars)
  • ckfree
    Options
    Vanessa to Liz

Has Steve come to you yet

Liz says no

Vanessa says well he's going to come to you and tell you we have a f2 deal, don't believe him ...I don't trust him

Liz says, I don't know ...I'm scared

Vanessa says, do you trust me , I swear on Mel ( her gf )

LOL

that whole conversation was disgusting to read

Vanessa tells Liz that she (Vanessa) & Steve are going to tell her tomorrow that they will be taking each other to final 2

Vanessa lets Liz know that she is only saying it to appease Steve, and will be really taking her (Liz) to final 2.

Vanessa says she has the perfect speech when she evicts Steve. Vanessa says Steve is selfish and only looked out for himself.

Vanessa tells Liz that if Steve votes to evict her (Vanessa), she will not be voting for him to win the game.

Vanessa to Liz: "Don't worry. I'm gonna win this final round. It's meant to be. I've got this."

smh

im starting to think steve is going to lose the final competition -- if it was about remembering different things that happened he would win it but its about how you think a houseguest answered a question

hes going to be clueless about that kind of stuff because i dont know how much he got to know people

just gotta hope vanessa out thinks herself because some of the questions can be crapshoot like
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    This season is rigged. Vanessa has a CBS show coming out, the producers want her to win.

It's been proven.

It makes sense if you think about the way some of the nominations and votes have gone.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This season is rigged. Vanessa has a CBS show coming out, the producers want her to win.

It's been proven.

It makes sense if you think about the way some of the nominations and votes have gone.

I don't put it past them at all - I'm still waiting for an explanation for this ? ...

nLddgbF.gif