Fear The Walking Dead (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the point of the show is to tell what happened while rick was comatose.

They kept saying that. Got me thinking , u think this is guna last or maybe it's just a mini series? Like one season just to get a different perspective? Like world war z or Somethin?
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i sat there for 1.5 hours like -_-. it laid the ground work for the series but it was so slow, so boring at points. my daughter was like this show sucks
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the daughter getting some ? ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have extreme hate for the title of the show. It's just so stupid. Should've been something like "The Walking Dead: Genesis" or "The Walking Dead: Outbreak". Something that tells you it's before The Walking Dead.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They kept saying that. Got me thinking , u think this is guna last or maybe it's just a mini series? Like one season just to get a different perspective? Like world war z or Somethin?

It took Saul's spot as most watched pilot of cable so I would say this show is here to stay
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

It took Saul's spot as most watched pilot of cable so I would say this show is here to stay

The drop-off in the next couple of weeks will be the true indicator. They started with a built-in audience just like Better Call Saul but they did a lot less to appeal to them. If they don't step it up in the second episode this ? gonna be written off as a one-off miniseries.

And can someone please tell me why that dealer decided to just go ahead and ? his childhood junkie friend? If dude's parents knew him well enough to just swing by his place why would them just swinging by his place be enough of a reason to ? him? You know what? Nevermind.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll check it out, but I'm not sold this.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure the major outbreak will occur around the fifth or sixth episode.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to Randy, I see you bro. His character was a corn ball tho. Netflix and chill ass ? .
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is designed to show the very beginning of the virus outbreak, so I don't understand why some people were expecting a zombie war in episode one.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eh. I wasn't impressed.

? that junkie
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    This show is designed to show the very beginning of the virus outbreak, so I don't understand why some people were expecting a zombie war in episode one.

I was just expecting a plot and some believable or at least interesting characters.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dealer trying to ? that kid made no sense. He could have just given the dude a bag of H. Problem solved.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm ok with the series getting a spinoff and extending its life

but the purpose was to show the beginning of the outbreak, but it doesn't explain why it started or how it got into everyone. but if everyone has it, it must be airborne, but with every virus, it has an origin; so what is the virus' origin? Something I hope this show will delve into. If it doesn't, then it's the original series all over again in a urban location with rebooted characters.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Virus origin might have something to do with that "flu shot" the principal kept mentioning
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Virus origin might have something to do with that "flu shot" the principal kept mentioning

that's a good pickup. didn't think about that

as many bad batches of flu shots going around in reality, they could angle it starting with flu shots. in order to combat the flu, you have to inject it into you. #1 reason why I don't get the shot. yet, it doesn't explain how babies turn when they die (even though I don't recall seeing an instance of a baby turning), unless there's bad medicine all around, so if you take an aspirin or cough syrup, you got it.

biting someone transfers the virus/germ, but wasn't it said that the bite "activates" what's already inside of the body?
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I highly doubt they guna explain the outbreak. I don't think they ever mentioned it in the original story. So I assume if they do explain it, it's just guna be some lame excuse AMC made up.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kirkman has already said he won't be explaining the origins of the outbreak. It could've been the flu shot but I assume the flu shot was given due to all of the folks in those other 5 states coming down with a sickness.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »

that's a good pickup. didn't think about that

as many bad batches of flu shots going around in reality, they could angle it starting with flu shots. in order to combat the flu, you have to inject it into you. #1 reason why I don't get the shot. yet, it doesn't explain how babies turn when they die (even though I don't recall seeing an instance of a baby turning), unless there's bad medicine all around, so if you take an aspirin or cough syrup, you got it.

biting someone transfers the virus/germ, but wasn't it said that the bite "activates" what's already inside of the body?

Nah, everyone eventually gets the virus/sickness; the bite doesn't transfer or activate the transformation. If it was just the bite that started everything, it'll be handled with the quickness.

But because everyone has it, and turn when they die, there's no way to predict it or effectively plan to counter it.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you know what though? This show would benefit from an anthology type focus like true detective and can show the zombie outbreak from different places in different seasons. That ? has a ton of potential.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want this show to work out but no one is even standing out as a star character. Will give it 2 more episodes before I write it off.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp another black person bout to turn smh
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead tired but nobody cleaned his wound or asked how he got it?
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? , if Randy dies i'm done. This killing of black characters would be intentional at that point. I can watch Fox News if I wanted that kind of representation