Fear The Walking Dead (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Bruh, I don't think that the mother feels as if she can't comprehend it. It seems more as a protection thing. A parent will not explain the situation until everything is understood and calm. She doesn't want her daughter exposed to the reality of things.

There's a video recording the 9/11 attacks from someone's apartment building. As the parents are filming and watching it, her daughter asks "what's going on, mommy?" The mother tells her to go to her room for awhile, not because she feels that she can't comprehend it, but as its happening, she's trying to shield her daughter from the weight of everything going on.

The parents will, and want to be, the ones who take care of everything; fear, worry, protection etc, while the children sit back and wait it out.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Everyone is always trying too much w these shows lol

"Oh well why can't they say or do this!"

Again, our reality is different from theirs. They're going through something that's fresh and happening from a first person view. We see it all in third person from many different perspectives. We have more information than they do. Even with the media covering it, the situation is still unclear. It's the BEGINNING of an outbreak. They will not understand how bad it is until more and more people start dying and how this ? works.

See how long it took for Rick and his group to figure out that everyone was infected?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the 9/11 example her child was small I'm talkin somebody considered a young adult with the ability to assume responsibility for their actions, you can't shield people from reality cuz by then it could be too late that's like my mom waiting until I get in trouble with police to have the your a black male in America talk
  • VIBE
    Options
    At the end of the day, you're doing too much. So far, the show is on point. If you can't handle certain things, realize you must "suspend disbelief for the sake of entertainment". It's not really all that serious.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    I understand its a tv show and i actually defend the og WD with its nonsense but when you tell the family needs to get out of town but I won't tell you why I gotta start nitpicking lol
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    They went out of the way to say the daughter is a genius but want us to believe she won't understand the situation if her mom told her

Good grades doesn't equal apocalyptic survival acumen.

I didn't question her survival tactics I jus said her mom treating her like she couldn't comprehend what was goin on if she told her doesn't make sense plus how can you survive the apocalypse if you don't know what your up against

Lmao, at this point, there is not apocalypse to speak of and the moms is trying her hardest to comprehend the fact that she witnessed and was part of two deaths. Let the lady breath man. The daughter is already aware that people are going crazy, they told her that. She may be intelligent, but she's obviously immature sense even that knowledge didn't stop her from wanting to run out the house. I mean, she saw the videos right? Maybe she is a ? when it comes to common sense, but like i said, she's book smart.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    They went out of the way to say the daughter is a genius but want us to believe she won't understand the situation if her mom told her

I didn't question her survival tactics I jus said her mom treating her like she couldn't comprehend what was goin on if she told her doesn't make sense plus how can you survive the apocalypse if you don't know what your up against

Lmao, at this point, there is not apocalypse to speak of and the moms is trying her hardest to comprehend the fact that she witnessed and was part of two deaths. Let the lady breath man. The daughter is already aware that people are going crazy, they told her that. She may be intelligent, but she's obviously immature sense even that knowledge didn't stop her from wanting to run out the house. I mean, she saw the videos right? Maybe she is a ? when it comes to common sense, but like i said, she's book smart.

Lol she went outside at the end to help because her mom wasn't keepin it 100 you say mom can't comprehend what's goin on but she knew better than to open the door lmao that's my problem
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think we also undermine that because it was a white girl dating a black kid that couldn't be in love, maybe she really loved that black kid , love makes you ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    I still don't understand why all the power was just cut off

Chaos, riots, people ? ? up..

Cell phones ain't working due to call volume

It doesn't matter if the cell phones work since the characters are written in such a way that they refuse to communicate important information with each other no matter how urgent the situation.

lmao cs
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Lol she went outside at the end to help because her mom wasn't keepin it 100 you say mom can't comprehend what's goin on but she knew better than to open the door lmao that's my problem

So if your moms is telling you she saw some ? , and she acting hysterical and crying, and she told you people are going insane from infection, you would run out to help your neighbor? She was ready to stay infected and go crazy like her Boyfriend. Even if it's not zombies, just like 28 days later, i'm not trying to get infected and turn crazy either. That was some terrible writing on that part actually. What was she gonna do even if he was just crazy and trying to ? somebody because of a virus? She was gonna lay hands on him? How realistic was her scrawny ass running out there? I guess she was gonna use her ninja skills. It would have worked too since these zombies are weak as ? .
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at trying to shield the kids. The junkie is in his 20s, the daughter got a year until college, and the other son is in hs. Knock it off.

Honestly I'm just mad because the mom left all the food at the school.
  • ericb4prez
    Options

So if your moms is telling you she saw some ? , and she acting hysterical and crying, and she told you people are going insane from infection, you would run out to help your neighbor? She was ready to stay infected and go crazy like her Boyfriend. Even if it's not zombies, just like 28 days later, i'm not trying to get infected and turn crazy either. That was some terrible writing on that part actually. What was she gonna do even if he was just crazy and trying to ? somebody because of a virus? She was gonna lay hands on him? How realistic was her scrawny ass running out there? I guess she was gonna use her ninja skills. It would have worked too since these zombies are weak as ? .

Lol that's my point she was bout to go outside becuz she didn't know any better cuz her mom didnt tell her ?
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the show is dope and i cant wait to see if it some of the characters will make it to the walking dead
  • VIBE
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Lol at trying to shield the kids. The junkie is in his 20s, the daughter got a year until college, and the other son is in hs. Knock it off.

Honestly I'm just mad because the mom left all the food at the school.

You a parent? If not, you wouldn't understand the reality of that. Regardless of age, when ? hits the fan, you're there to shield them no matter what.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Lol that's my point she was bout to go outside becuz she didn't know any better cuz her mom didnt tell her ?

I remember her telling her daughter that people were getting violent and going crazy from the virus. Even after warning her about her boyfriend and driving across town to grab her in a hysterical rage, she was talking some if he has it, i have it ? . She knew enough and even if she didn't, running out the house to confront a grown man chasing your neighbor while weighing 100 pounds is ? . Most the damn school stayed home to avoid whatever was going on, why is she so eager to face off against the mysterious and fight a grown man like she got Vaseline and a head scarf? She must of thought that she was still in the 100.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the end of the day, you're doing too much. So far, the show is on point. If you can't handle certain things, realize you must "suspend disbelief for the sake of entertainment". It's not really all that serious.

that's a pretty lame excuse for ? writing. if you like it it that's fine but don't try to make it seem like there's something wrong with the rest of us for noticing all the plot holes and poor characterization. maybe you just have lower standards for what you accept.
  • VIBE
    Options
    So far, I see no poor writing. Overall, it's pretty solid. The human mind is under a lot of stress, especially at a time like this.

Like I said, it's very easy for you to say "this should happen or that should happen" because we are seeing ? from a different view.

You go ahead, though, and make your own show. ? better be grade A.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    So far, I see no poor writing. Overall, it's pretty solid. The human mind is under a lot of stress, especially at a time like this.

Like I said, it's very easy for you to say "this should happen or that should happen" because we are seeing ? from a different view.

Ok i see... In order to have an opinion about something I have to be able to do it better. Like I can't say a song sucks without recording an album right? If I go to McDonald's and the fries are cold I can't say ? unless I open my own restaurant first and get a Michelin star right?

Sorry but the characters in this show are flat, unlikable and illogical and no matter how you try to excuse it, using poor communication skills as a plot device is a tired trope. I can see how some people might like this show for whatever reason but I can't see how you could seriously say the writing is actually solid unless your challenge for what determines a solid writer is simply someone who can write better than you as your quip about making my own show suggests.

• VIBE
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Ok i see... In order to have an opinion about something I have to be able to do it better. Like I can't say a song sucks without recording an album right? If I go to McDonald's and the fries are cold I can't say ? unless I open my own restaurant first and get a Michelin star right?

Sorry but the characters in this show are flat, unlikable and illogical and no matter how you try to excuse it, using poor communication skills as a plot device is a tired trope. I can see how some people might like this show for whatever reason but I can't see how you could seriously say the writing is actually solid unless your challenge for what determines a solid writer is simply someone who can write better than you as your quip about making my own show suggests.

You took me too serious. It's a joke.

You dislike the show because it insults your intelligence, then fine bruh, don't watch it.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    nah yo. i'm hatewatching this ? until it gets better or gets canceled. i'm gonna will munny the ? out of this show.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Ill watch it but I wont enjoy it

@will munny what up!

• Bcotton5
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    ? ? at work convinced me to check for this

yea my ? ? convinced me to watch some ? the other day
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You let a ? ? convince you to do something bruh....
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

yea my ? ? convinced me to watch some ? the other day

Bet it was prancing elite or some ? ...
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the first 2 episodes were pretty good. Strong start.

Lol @ all this communicating to the kids ? . Why not take it for how it was portrayed? The mother is in shock and doesn't know what to make of it all, let alone explain to the daughter wtf is going on. It won't last long. To be frank, the daughter doesn't need to be told, but until you have to ? a zombie yourself, you wouldn't understand anyway.

Some people nit pick at the most trival ? .

So anyway, matey gonna be on the run eating with his new chick, her two kids and his baby mama and son. The junkie son gonna be killing zombies all while going through cold turkey. Could be interesting story line seeing him do some wild ? when he can't get anymore Methodone/Morphine.

Wonder if ol boy brings the barber and his family along for the ride?

How does the fat kid know what was going on? Obviously via internet forums or dark web etc but who leaked the info? He will die first I think.

Telling scene was when the Police officer was stock piling water. The outbreak was predicted and governement knew this was coming?

Moved quite quickly considering it was billed as pre zombie apocalypse. Nah, by episode 4 I expect the cities to be abandoned and 75% of the population to be dead/undead.