Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black panther 5 was dope
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    damn @ Blue Marvel taking on the whole Squadron Supreme aka the Justice League, he was hitting Hyperion with that ether. wish they wouldve finished the fight
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    damn @ Blue Marvel taking on the whole Squadron Supreme aka the Justice League, he was hitting Hyperion with that ether. wish they wouldve finished the fight

For a second I thought had depowered him because he wasn't really show his feats of strength moreso his intelligence in The Ultimates books. He did kick all their ? tho

To be fair, the only true fight they've had in the book was with Thanos. It's not really about fighting.
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus they were prepared for them. I may be in the few but I really like the SS book.

As far a Black Panther, I've seen that alot of fans are upset at the way he's been portrayed lately, all the way back to Hickman (which I LOVED). But to me with everything that T'Challa's been involved in the last few years any man would question what was sure to him and start to show cracks.

Call me crazy but Marvel has ALOT of books I enjoy.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    yea Blue Marvel did have prep time
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coates is killing it on BP. Issue 5 was fire
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus they were prepared for them. I may be in the few but I really like the SS book.

As far a Black Panther, I've seen that alot of fans are upset at the way he's been portrayed lately, all the way back to Hickman (which I LOVED). But to me with everything that T'Challa's been involved in the last few years any man would question what was sure to him and start to show cracks.

Call me crazy but Marvel has ALOT of books I enjoy.

I'm pleased to see folks are enjoying BP. I believe Coated is doing a really good job of nation building. I have come across some who seem to hate everything about this new run. While I can admit there are some shortcomings in how Tchalla was being portrayed physically in the beginning, I still enjoy reading about the struggles he's facing. Some of the criticism I see is ridiculous but oh well
  • jaxn
    Options
    Blue Marvels showing against SS was great. There are a few books that are quite excellent. BP, Ultimates, Moon Knight and one of my faves is Nighthawk. Now the Civil War storyline is not all that great but there still time to bring it together
  • jaxn
    Options

For a second I thought had depowered him because he wasn't really show his feats of strength moreso his intelligence in The Ultimates books. He did kick all their ? tho

To be fair, the only true fight they've had in the book was with Thanos. It's not really about fighting.

Indeed. Perhaps the action will pick up when Ewng gets back to the main storyline and considering the latest events in the book, the action should be solid
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Nobody read ultimates #10 ? Thanos broke free with the help of anti man.

Gonna be dope to see anti man running free again, blue marvel should get a lot of shine from this
  • cantknockthehustle
    cantknockthehustle Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, is it me or is this push for diversity going a little too far? I mean I love the New spiderman, but the new stories for capt america, the hulk and thor are EXTREMELY boring. I can see that they are trying to bring in new readers with new iterations of characters but did they have to do it in a way that is so easily reversable? I can see that all of these changes (Maybe not the Hulk) are easily reversible. Also, WHY IS MARVEL TRYING TO DISCONTINUE THE X-MEN! They are using the same strategy that they used to discontinue the Fantastic Four (giving them ? storylines, taking popular teammates and putting them on different teams) to try to meld the x-men that they want into the marvel universe and abandon the rest. Is anyone not disturbed by this trend? or is it just me?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Nobody read ultimates #10 ? Thanos broke free with the help of anti man.

Gonna be dope to see anti man running free again, blue marvel should get a lot of shine from this

Ultimates is my favorite book from Marvel at the moment. The team is extremely powerful but they rather think things thru before going the physical route. Thanos about to ? ? up though

Lol anti man about to ? ? up

Spectrum won't be there for this encounter either so they about to take a L
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Hey, is it me or is this push for diversity going a little too far? I mean I love the New spiderman, but the new stories for capt america, the hulk and thor are EXTREMELY boring. I can see that they are trying to bring in new readers with new iterations of characters but did they have to do it in a way that is so easily reversable? I can see that all of these changes (Maybe not the Hulk) are easily reversible. Also, WHY IS MARVEL TRYING TO DISCONTINUE THE X-MEN! They are using the same strategy that they used to discontinue the Fantastic Four (giving them ? storylines, taking popular teammates and putting them on different teams) to try to meld the x-men that they want into the marvel universe and abandon the rest. Is anyone not disturbed by this trend? or is it just me?

Yeah it has. Ultimates is an example of the diversity push done right. A lot of the other things they are doing are too transparent.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chavez really clowned on the whole team though...smh. Carol getting hit with that chair was hype though.
  • Ronin705
    Ronin705 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm loving the FalconCap and Ultimates series, but not really ? with anything else from Marvel. It's all foolidhness
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Chavez really clowned on the whole team though...smh. Carol getting hit with that chair was hype though.

lol That was some straight Boondocks ? .
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options

It's not just you. Marvel is doing too much with the agenda pushing they're doing. Female Thor, ? couples, destroying the X-Men and pushing the Inhumans. They're going to lose their core fans.

I feel you, they already lost their core fans before and recruited a new younger core. Now I guess they're about to lose you as well...Disney ? ? up and a corporate board can't understand ? comic fans...b/c of this I was pushed to DC b/c of their better & more consistent storytelling but the Marvel characters are still my favorite
  • nicky the don
    Options
    I think the X Men were destroyed WAY before Disney. Also I don't blame them for pushing Inhumans, actually they should've been getting a major push. My thing is that Marvel doesn't push enough characters that they've had for years. For example the Eternals should be given much more focus than they have, even tho they seemed to get a chance a few years ago but didn't catch on.

I really don't like Jane Thor and alot of the changes they've had, but to be fair I didn't like ANYONE replacing my favorites. I'd prefer the real Logan, but X-23 has been good, Jane's had some good stories, Tony's been replaced by people before, Cap has also. Even T'Challa was replaced (even tho I can understand that one, I didn't like Shuri being BP and Queen)

I'm not saying that I like most of the changes, and I do complain just like everyone else. But they're right to shake things up. I love and respect the old guard as much as everyone, but to keep their world static after 50+ years seems wrong. Marvel has always been about "the world right outside your window". New people should be introduced, and some should be equal to the greats. Reed and Tony can't forever be the smartest, eventually someone has to pass them.

Also DC does just as much from time to time. Bruce seems to die every few years and is supposed to "die" soon. Everyone has a different favorite human GL, people like different Flash's, Robins, Batgirl's. And as far as stories, the past few years I think both companies are about equal to me.
  • jono
    Options
    I don't like the trade offs.
    You can push inhumans without killing off x men
    You can have x 23 without killing logan
    You can find some mystical power for Jane without ? with Thor.

You dont have to do it and in a vacuum they aren't terrible ideas or unforgivable sins but when you do all of this in and around the same time you bound to turn people off
  • nicky the don
    Options
    Oh, I %100 agree with you, I wish they'd find a different way. Thor (I HATE having to call him Odinson) is 1 of my favorites, Logan also. I wish they'd stop constantly replacing people and just make a new identity. But I understand that if you did/do that, most might not give it a try. Take RiRi, if they just gave her a brand new book alot of people would never read it, but by replacing Stark for a spell shell get a built in audience that'll at least give her a few issues chance. The downside is that if it's too popular then we get JaneThor for a few years instead of a few issues.

With the X Men me personally I haven't liked whats going on with them in years. I don't mind them trying something to clean up what I consider a mess. It's just that they're using the Inhunmans now to do it, which they shouldn't. I HATE the conflict between them and the mutants. Hopefully they'll resolve this mess with Resurrection. I PRAY Cyclops returns as THE standard and well-respected mutant and not some vigilante. To me he's supposed to be like Cap somewhat.

As far as the movies go, can't blame them for wanting to push what they own when the movies can make MUCH more than the book.

Marvel seems to screw over all my favorite male characters: Cable,Thor, Logan, T'Challa, Richard Rider to name a few. It seems it's safer for the females, except for Jean, who I also wish they'd bring back and treat proper.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I don't like the trade offs.
    You can push inhumans without killing off x men
    You can have x 23 without killing logan
    You can find some mystical power for Jane without ? with Thor.

You dont have to do it and in a vacuum they aren't terrible ideas or unforgivable sins but when you do all of this in and around the same time you bound to turn people off

This is exactly how I look at things. They shouldn't ? off old fan favorites for diversity sake. They should create more characters instead.

I like a few of the new ideas but I get why some people would be upset.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh, I %100 agree with you, I wish they'd find a different way. Thor (I HATE having to call him Odinson) is 1 of my favorites, Logan also. I wish they'd stop constantly replacing people and just make a new identity. But I understand that if you did/do that, most might not give it a try. Take RiRi, if they just gave her a brand new book alot of people would never read it, but by replacing Stark for a spell shell get a built in audience that'll at least give her a few issues chance. The downside is that if it's too popular then we get JaneThor for a few years instead of a few issues.

With the X Men me personally I haven't liked whats going on with them in years. I don't mind them trying something to clean up what I consider a mess. It's just that they're using the Inhunmans now to do it, which they shouldn't. I HATE the conflict between them and the mutants. Hopefully they'll resolve this mess with Resurrection. I PRAY Cyclops returns as THE standard and well-respected mutant and not some vigilante. To me he's supposed to be like Cap somewhat.

As far as the movies go, can't blame them for wanting to push what they own when the movies can make MUCH more than the book.

Marvel seems to screw over all my favorite male characters: Cable,Thor, Logan, T'Challa, Richard Rider to name a few. It seems it's safer for the females, except for Jean, who I also wish they'd bring back and treat proper.

You know, I didn't even look at it from the point of view that having new individuals taking over for older fan favorites will at least give them a built in fan base that might give it a shot. That makes a lot of sense but to be honest from the outside looking in, it appears that more of the ? fans are complaining and not giving it a shot. I honestly don't know because I haven't looked at the sells numbers though.

But that is a very good point.
  • jono
    Options
    Uncanny Avengers has been flames. Its probably my favorite book right now.

I've like Hydra Caps books and BP is cool too.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    just read this weeks black panther , gonna read civil war 5 , thor 11 and karnak in a minute
  • jono
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ultimates 11 is dope
    lol @ Thanos just walking the ultimates. Its expected but damn its funny

Thunderbolts 5 was dope asf too.