Options
    Unworthy Thor is still killing it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Unworthy Thor is still killing it.

I've never been a big solo Thor fan but I'm going to get some of his stuff and check it out

I dislike Thor too but Unworthy is good.
  • jono
    Options
    Hydra Cap is now Director of SHIELD. This is ? is fyah. IVX has been dope too.

A lot of MARVEL has been ass but Hydra Cap is gold, Unworthy Thor is gold too.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos got worked by the shi'ar imperial guard lol

Ultimates was dope, finally finished civil war 2 and the oath book

Moon girl and devil dinosaur still flames too
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Lol and living tribunal stays getting killed now
  • jono
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

? like this is why I don't like Thanos having a book. I haven't read it either but that alone makes me cringe. That said though Gladiator handled FemThor with no issue so maybe there's been a power boost for the Shi'ar.
  • jono
    Options
    The Thanos book is cool, after reading it I dig it.

Infamous Iron Man is excellent too. I think Reed Richards (or some facsimile thereof) is schmoozing it up with Victor's mama. I love why Victor took up the mantle and its a great change for that character.

Turning Cap heel, turning Victor face...
    Both refreshed those characters.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new Ultimates is ok. I'm in the verge on tapping out on it though. Cosmic characters just seem random and pointless.

Lord Chaos and Master Order, the Living Tribunal...

All that ? just makes me shake my head.

I like the angle of Galactus ruining the universe by not letting anything die though.

I gave up on BP, T'Challa is boring to me.

I read Solo, its alright.

IvX has been dope so far, it should be more fun than CW2 if done right.

The Doc Strange books have been dope too. As have Mosaic.

I'm not really sure what you mean by cosmic characetrs seeming random and pointless. What they are doing in Ultimates is no different than what writers do in any other book. You might just be less familiar with the Cosmic characters.

Full disclosure, I'm primarily a Cosmic Marvel fan, and I think Ultimates and Thanos are great.
  • jono
    Options
    I'm more street to mid level but I have branched out to cosmic.

What I mean is the cosmic entities seem like pointless characters. They have a "role" and their roles are defined but their defined roles just seem like "okay?"

You can't relate to them, and for the most part they banter amongst themselves in convoluted dialogue.

When Eternity is a person...like a literal person that can be killed or captured it sounds ridiculous.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

What I mean is the cosmic entities seem like pointless characters. They have a "role" and their roles are defined but their defined roles just seem like "okay?"

You can't relate to them, and for the most part they banter amongst themselves in convoluted dialogue.

When Eternity is a person...like a literal person that can be killed or captured it sounds ridiculous.

lol Just sounds like Cosmic stories aren't for you. At least the ones involving Abstracts. Try something like Annihilation if you haven't. It's really good.
  • jono
    Options

lol Just sounds like Cosmic stories aren't for you. At least the ones involving Abstracts. Try something like Annihilation if you haven't. It's really good.

I've been meaning to read that. I read the Infinity stuff but I haven't read it all. I read a lot of Realm/War of Kings and that was dope. I dig the Kree and the Shi'ar so stuff about them and Thanos I'm likely to read.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I've been meaning to read that. I read the Infinity stuff but I haven't read it all. I read a lot of Realm/War of Kings and that was dope. I dig the Kree and the Shi'ar so stuff about them and Thanos I'm likely to read.

Yeah, Annihilation is better than War of Kings IMO. It doesn't really involve any Earth-based characters, but it doesn't involve any high level Abstracts either. Galactus is as far as it goes in that regard. The primary characters are people like Nova, the GotG, Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc...
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I

? like this is why I don't like Thanos having a book. I haven't read it either but that alone makes me cringe. That said though Gladiator handled FemThor with no issue so maybe there's been a power boost for the Shi'ar.

You should check out Thanos' first run as an anti-hero. It was pretty good. If Jane and Glads were to fight again, I wouldn't be surprised if she beat the brakes off of him.
  • jaxn
    Options
    The Thanos book is great so far

Just started reading Thor Unworthy. So far it's great and I've never really been a solo Thor fan and this really my first read of his solo arcs. Great

The Green Lanterns is good

Unworthy has been good. Check out Thor's Reigning arc. The entire run from first gaining the Odinforce alway through the final act when he becomes Rune King Thor.
  • jaxn
    Options

What Ultimates is doing with Eternity is pretty interesting and it'll be nice to see how it all plays out. I can see what you're saying about the abstracts but it's moreso the characters interacting with the abstracts that makes it more interesting. Monk is right about the Annihilation arc. It was classic. Probably the best cosmic story since infinity gauntlet. There are several tie ins but they're all good. The second Annihilation wasn't as good but it was ok
  • Bcotton5
    Options

The FemThor doesn't put fear in Gladiator but the original Thor would be more of fight for him.

Thanos losing the fight is because he's sick and dying. He was really depowered and weak

In that last Infinity book from last year where Thanos and Warlock beat up Beta Ray Bill surfer and the others they both said "we better get out of here before Gladiator arrives"

lol Gladiator even gave Heimdall that work in the new Thor book, maybe he just got a power boost or something
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2017
    Options

The FemThor doesn't put fear in Gladiator but the original Thor would be more of fight for him.

Thanos losing the fight is because he's sick and dying. He was really depowered and weak

In that last Infinity book from last year where Thanos and Warlock beat up Beta Ray Bill surfer and the others they both said "we better get out of here before Gladiator arrives"

lol Gladiator even gave Heimdall that work in the new Thor book, maybe he just got a power boost or something

lol That wasn't because they were afraid of him. It was because time is of the essence. Even in this story, they really didn't want to risk putting Gladiator in a confrontation with Thanos. They only did it because they determined Thanos was weakened.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    but still though, Gladiator beating Heimdall now?
  • jaxn
    Options
    but still though, Gladiator beating Heimdall now?

The fact that Heimdall was able to, presumably, trade punches with Glads is a huge feat for Heimdall. Gladiator would beat the ? out of Heimdall like 10/10. Heimdall doesn't operate on a level anywhere near the likes of Thor and Gladiator. If it were a contest of who had the better senses then Heimdall wins otherwise he's not ? with Glads
  • jaxn
    Options
    Apparently we'll be getting a new War Thor by the end of the Unworthy arc. Interesting
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone read X-Men Prime #1 yet?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So HydraCap is straight up sonning the entire Marvel Universe.
  • jono
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    So HydraCap is straight up sonning the entire Marvel Universe.

Oh yes. He has really put his foot in earth's ass
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Geez Ultimates is crazy. They just rewrote the multiversal hierarchy in that ? .

And Thanos' has caught a major L in his book.