Why do people call the devil a "thief, liar, and murderer"?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    ? is a manipulater, plain and simple

if he knows all, does all, and everything is already "set in stone" because it's his, again, HIS , will.. Then it is him who moves the pawns on the chess board..

I don't get how something positive is always "gods gift/will" but anything negative isn't, nah, you cannot pick and choose..

Gods characteristics are easy to read. Take the story of Moses and the Pharoah. ? told Moses to ask Pharoah for the release of his people, but ? kept interfering and "hardening his heart", essentially, controlling him to not give the release.

That's straight up ? .

That in itself speaks volumes about what kind of being ? is.

Everything is not set in stone @vibe ? hardened pharaohs heart to prove his glory to the rest of the world. And that's why hundreds of years after that was supposed to have happened we are still talking about it..

But you are right ? is a manipulator but not of everything.

Couldn't he show his glory afterwards? Moses and his people wandered the desert for 40 years, couldn't he have brought them rain (fresh water to drink and grow crops)? That's true glory over manipulating a situation that was clearly going ? 's way (asking for cooperation in the release of his people).

I hate the cop out everyone gives to ? .

If ? does it, it's his glory.

If Satan does it, it's evil.

If Satan had hardened the pharoahs heart, it would be used to show you how manipulative and easy it is for him to do such a thing to a believer.

If ? does it, it's amazing. They never give thought to as if ? did it once to the Pharoah, what makes you think he wouldn't do it to others, including yourself?

You're against certain things being pushed on people, such as ? marriage, but okay with ? pushing someone to do what they do not want to do?

You really need to pick up a bible and read it.

? did give them water while they were lost he also gave them manna but instead of being humble and thankful they whined and complained like ? and despite all ? had done for them they still did a lot of nonsense so ? kept them in the wild until a few generations died off.

What is good or what is evil is a question of intent not result. ? will cause you pain but his intent is not to cause you harm just for his sake or for his own pleasure. In a way i consider ? to be the ultimate utilitarian he does what is needed for the greater good.

satan does what he does for selfish reasons ? is not doing anything he does just for him he's doing it for our good.

Did Satan ever ? people for the simple crime of not liking how bread tastes? How come the Bible ? is so petty and child like compared to Satan? Killing people for them complaining about how wack the bread tastes is beyond evil. It's petty and stupid, and makes the Abrahamic ? look silly.

What ever happened to the Bible ? being filled with compassion and love? Killing people for not liking how bread tastes is compassionate and loving now? If I killed my child for him not liking the pancakes I made him or her for breakfast, would that make me a great parent, or a person in jail for murder charges?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because he's a thief, a liar, and a murderer.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus > ?

All Jesus did was curse a fig tree and flip tables.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Jesus > ?

All Jesus did was curse a fig tree and flip tables.

Jesus himself seemed to be a good guy but I wish he didn't embrace and co-sign the Old Testament so much. By him doing so, it ruined many peoples' lives, up to this day. The worst among Christians were the ones who enjoyed Jesus' quotes on Old Testament rules and how they were supposed to be followed and never forsaken. Too many Christians historically took those words to heart.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »

And what does that make the Bible ? ? The Bible ? , according to Bible experts, is estimated to have killed about 20 million people in the book. That includes innocent children.

The Bible ? commands others to steal land for him, and admits to lying and deceiving people to accomplish goals. I suppose the Bible ? is king of murderers, thieves, and liars, comparing the two. Note Satan doesn't admit to creating evil and calamity, while the Bible ? does.

2mdflzt.jpg

^^My expression when I first read that in Catholic School
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And by the way ? never commands ? .

That's debatable but the Bible ? clearly orders massive genocides for those who believe in other gods. The Bible ? claims it created calamity, so it more or less admits to creating ? or the idea of it.

It's fascinating that Satan never once orders such massive destruction and wholesale murders. Also, it's very fascinating the Bible ? admits to deceiving and thereby LYING when it has to. Read thread title to get the irony.

Yes genocide is ordered and for good reason , reasons that i have told you about many times before.

Satan never has to order a ? thing or really do anything because just like a horrible parent he does not care about what his children do he does not seek to discipline them or teach them what they should know to keep themselves from harm.

? did not create ? do you know how ? stupid that sounds??? in the first place ? creating a calamity does not mean he creates all pain and suffering.

Yes I know the pathetic reasons the Bible ? supported genocide in so many cases, many times for the simple reason people in a land worshipped other gods. There are a few stories in the Bible that ? supported slaughtering men, women and children because some people worshipped gods who demanded human sacrifices but why slaughter all of them? If the Bible ? was real, it would have not been a lazy ? and just shown itself and convince people to stop doing that.

Instead, like the lazy ? it is, it ordered the wholesale slaughter of people who worshipped "incorrectly".

You admit Satan never ordered such horrible actions, which is good. So why isn't your Bible ? considered the murderer and liar? It clearly is, anyone with a conscience and eyes can see that. Do you see why Americans are losing respect for your Bible and don't take it seriously anymore?

I am on a phone so I won't go tear into all the ? you wrote in this post so I'll just answer say this ? actually did warn the people of Canaan before he used the Israelites to destroy them.

? is a killer not a murderer. As for Americans losing respect for Christianity that's just your delusions tomorrow there will by millions of Americans in church and most will have some level of faith

The Bible ? is not a murderer? It claims to have killed many people for the silliest reasons. For worshipping different gods, ordering the murder of children for the simple crime of disrespecting a parent, to even killing some people for complaining about how bread tastes. The Bible ? influenced other legendary murderers and genocidal maniacs like Columbus and Queen Isabella for a good reason, they all loved the Bible ? 's murderous, lying, and bloodthirsty ways.

You want me to bring up Bible passages PROVING everything I am saying? I can make the Bible ? look even more evil then I am now. Remember that Bible passage in which the Bible ? killed 24K people just for worshipping Baal and having sex with Moabite women? HAHAHA, come on man, give me a ? challenge. The Bible ? is a SICK and twisted ? . If real, it is clearly a ? and NUTS.

? killing is not murder just because you end a life that doesn't mean you're a murder.

Do I want you to drop bible quotes that you don't understand and will refuse to understand even after I explain them to you?? No. what would be the point??? There's really no point in having a religious discussions with you because you've made up your mind not to change your mind about ?

You see @kingblaze84 you judge ? by your own standard and if ? does something you don't like or understand then you hate him your position is an example of pride. You think things should be the way you think they should be.

Should ? not have punished the cannanites???? He should have just let them continue their fuckery. He should have just let them culturally pollute Israel and in doing so let them spoil his plan for salvation.
  • zzombie
    edited June 2015
    Options

if he knows all, does all, and everything is already "set in stone" because it's his, again, HIS , will.. Then it is him who moves the pawns on the chess board..

I don't get how something positive is always "gods gift/will" but anything negative isn't, nah, you cannot pick and choose..

Gods characteristics are easy to read. Take the story of Moses and the Pharoah. ? told Moses to ask Pharoah for the release of his people, but ? kept interfering and "hardening his heart", essentially, controlling him to not give the release.

That's straight up ? .

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Everything is set in stone allegedly because ? knows what is going to happen before it happens, and at the same time does nothing about it while claiming it would protect its people. But tragedies happen anyway.

It's why I've said for a long time now that if the Bible ? is real, it's an extremely evil being and lazy beyond belief. Not worthy of being called a ? , but a demonic beast, in all forms. I would say this to its face if it was real, but luckily for us all, the Bible/Abrahamic ? is make believe. Why harden the heart of an enemy lol, was the Bible ? playing both sides of the fence all along? Then it truly is a deceiver.

Another decieving moment was when Moses was on the mountain praying/talking to ? and he had left Aaron in charge of watching over the people.

In that time, Aaron had asked for everyone's gold and they smelted their gold to form a golden calf.

Moses comes back and Aaron lies and says he tried to stop them. Moses goes back to discuss this with ? and ? commands him and Aaron to slaughter 3,000 of them for doing this.

How in the ? is Aaron's wrongdoing, creating the false idol and lying, not even acknowledge by the all knowing being?

? like that is bothersome. But I'll leave it to these guys to scramble up some random explanation.

And I looked, and, behold, ye had sinned against the LORD your ? , and had made you a molten calf: ye had turned aside quickly out of the way which the LORD had commanded you.

Deu 9:17

And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes.

Deu 9:18

And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Deu 9:19

For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure, wherewith the LORD was wroth against you to destroy you. But the LORD hearkened unto me at that time also.

Deu 9:20

And the LORD was very angry with Aaron to have destroyed him: and I prayed for Aaron also the same time.

moses saved aaron @vibe
  • Fosheezy
    Options

And what does that make the Bible ? ? The Bible ? , according to Bible experts, is estimated to have killed about 20 million people in the book. That includes innocent children.

The Bible ? commands others to steal land for him, and admits to lying and deceiving people to accomplish goals. I suppose the Bible ? is king of murderers, thieves, and liars, comparing the two. Note Satan doesn't admit to creating evil and calamity, while the Bible ? does.

2mdflzt.jpg

2mdflzt.jpg

False, false and false.

How can ? steal something that already belongs to him? Land, souls, whatever...it's a false idea.

It's mentioned in the Bible that ? cannot lie. Meaning it's impossible for ? to lie.

? creating evil doesn't mean he is the doer of the evil. He even gave an illustration, the way a light shines on an object and casts a shadow...in a similar understanding, that is how ? created evil because he shines a light that makes a distinction between the two forces.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I dont know why people would say the devil isn't even when its clearly shown he hates you.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I dont know why people would say the devil isn't even when its clearly shown he hates you.
    But sir, where did he get that hate from?

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »

Have you ever read a bible. Its pretty hard to miss the whole war in heaven arc Lucifer, Micheal, part.

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »

Have you ever read a bible. Its pretty hard to miss the whole war in heaven arc Lucifer, Micheal, part.
    Its not hard to see what a human wrote about a war they didnt see.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    And by the way ? never commands ? .

That's debatable but the Bible ? clearly orders massive genocides for those who believe in other gods. The Bible ? claims it created calamity, so it more or less admits to creating ? or the idea of it.

It's fascinating that Satan never once orders such massive destruction and wholesale murders. Also, it's very fascinating the Bible ? admits to deceiving and thereby LYING when it has to. Read thread title to get the irony.

Yes genocide is ordered and for good reason , reasons that i have told you about many times before.

Satan never has to order a ? thing or really do anything because just like a horrible parent he does not care about what his children do he does not seek to discipline them or teach them what they should know to keep themselves from harm.

? did not create ? do you know how ? stupid that sounds??? in the first place ? creating a calamity does not mean he creates all pain and suffering.

Yes I know the pathetic reasons the Bible ? supported genocide in so many cases, many times for the simple reason people in a land worshipped other gods. There are a few stories in the Bible that ? supported slaughtering men, women and children because some people worshipped gods who demanded human sacrifices but why slaughter all of them? If the Bible ? was real, it would have not been a lazy ? and just shown itself and convince people to stop doing that.

Instead, like the lazy ? it is, it ordered the wholesale slaughter of people who worshipped "incorrectly".

You admit Satan never ordered such horrible actions, which is good. So why isn't your Bible ? considered the murderer and liar? It clearly is, anyone with a conscience and eyes can see that. Do you see why Americans are losing respect for your Bible and don't take it seriously anymore?

I am on a phone so I won't go tear into all the ? you wrote in this post so I'll just answer say this ? actually did warn the people of Canaan before he used the Israelites to destroy them.

? is a killer not a murderer. As for Americans losing respect for Christianity that's just your delusions tomorrow there will by millions of Americans in church and most will have some level of faith

The Bible ? is not a murderer? It claims to have killed many people for the silliest reasons. For worshipping different gods, ordering the murder of children for the simple crime of disrespecting a parent, to even killing some people for complaining about how bread tastes. The Bible ? influenced other legendary murderers and genocidal maniacs like Columbus and Queen Isabella for a good reason, they all loved the Bible ? 's murderous, lying, and bloodthirsty ways.

You want me to bring up Bible passages PROVING everything I am saying? I can make the Bible ? look even more evil then I am now. Remember that Bible passage in which the Bible ? killed 24K people just for worshipping Baal and having sex with Moabite women? HAHAHA, come on man, give me a ? challenge. The Bible ? is a SICK and twisted ? . If real, it is clearly a ? and NUTS.

? killing is not murder just because you end a life that doesn't mean you're a murder.

Do I want you to drop bible quotes that you don't understand and will refuse to understand even after I explain them to you?? No. what would be the point??? There's really no point in having a religious discussions with you because you've made up your mind not to change your mind about ?

You see @kingblaze84 you judge ? by your own standard and if ? does something you don't like or understand then you hate him your position is an example of pride. You think things should be the way you think they should be.

Should ? not have punished the cannanites???? He should have just let them continue their fuckery. He should have just let them culturally pollute Israel and in doing so let them spoil his plan for salvation.

I'll leave the Cannanites out of this, since other sources say some of them were part of raiding parties.

But to ? people for the simple act of worshipping another ? is pathetic and dumb. Killing someone cuz the bread doesn't taste right? If the Bible ? wanted to convince others to stop worshipping other gods, it would just show itself. Killing someone for these reasons is murder, if I did this kind of stuff I'd be in jail now.

If other religious groups killed Christians for worshipping wrong, you would whine about it. But if the Bible ? orders it, it's suddenly all good to you. Hypocritical beyond belief.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options

2mdflzt.jpg

2mdflzt.jpg

False, false and false.

How can ? steal something that already belongs to him? Land, souls, whatever...it's a false idea.

It's mentioned in the Bible that ? cannot lie. Meaning it's impossible for ? to lie.

? creating evil doesn't mean he is the doer of the evil. He even gave an illustration, the way a light shines on an object and casts a shadow...in a similar understanding, that is how ? created evil because he shines a light that makes a distinction between the two forces.

So genocide is okay in the case someone worships differently and culturally? Cool. The Bible ? can drown innocent children and blatantly order the killing of women, infants, and others, and magically not be a doer of evil? Fascinating. If another religious group said their ? sanctions the killing of anyone who isn't a certain religion, is it suddenly bad?

And the Bible ? clearly admits to deceiving and lying when it has to, read the story of Kings. You can also read this:

2 Thessalonians 2:11

11For this reason ? sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options

That's straight up ? .

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Everything is set in stone allegedly because ? knows what is going to happen before it happens, and at the same time does nothing about it while claiming it would protect its people. But tragedies happen anyway.

It's why I've said for a long time now that if the Bible ? is real, it's an extremely evil being and lazy beyond belief. Not worthy of being called a ? , but a demonic beast, in all forms. I would say this to its face if it was real, but luckily for us all, the Bible/Abrahamic ? is make believe. Why harden the heart of an enemy lol, was the Bible ? playing both sides of the fence all along? Then it truly is a deceiver.

Another decieving moment was when Moses was on the mountain praying/talking to ? and he had left Aaron in charge of watching over the people.

In that time, Aaron had asked for everyone's gold and they smelted their gold to form a golden calf.

Moses comes back and Aaron lies and says he tried to stop them. Moses goes back to discuss this with ? and ? commands him and Aaron to slaughter 3,000 of them for doing this.

How in the ? is Aaron's wrongdoing, creating the false idol and lying, not even acknowledge by the all knowing being?

? like that is bothersome. But I'll leave it to these guys to scramble up some random explanation.

And I looked, and, behold, ye had sinned against the LORD your ? , and had made you a molten calf: ye had turned aside quickly out of the way which the LORD had commanded you.

And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes.

And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure, wherewith the LORD was wroth against you to destroy you. But the LORD hearkened unto me at that time also.

And the LORD was very angry with Aaron to have destroyed him: and I prayed for Aaron also the same time.

moses saved aaron @vibe

Moses saved Aaron, one man......but the Bible ? and Moses killed 3,000 people for worshipping another ? . Petty as hell. If any random religious group had a ? that allowed some ? like that, you would cry up a storm.

I see why Abrahamic religions have the bloodiest histories among each other. No wonder Christians, Jews and Muslims ? each other so much, so often around the world, the Abrahamic ? sanctions this level of bloodshed. It has after all, ordered it plenty of times.
  • zzombie
    Options

That's straight up ? .

moses saved aaron @vibe

Moses saved Aaron, one man......but the Bible ? and Moses killed 3,000 people for worshipping another ? . Petty as hell. If any random religious group had a ? that allowed some ? like that, you would cry up a storm.

I see why Abrahamic religions have the bloodiest histories among each other. No wonder Christians, Jews and Muslims ? each other so much, so often around the world, the Abrahamic ? sanctions this level of bloodshed. It has after all, ordered it plenty of times.

actually he saved much more than aaron he told the israelites to pick a side and all moved to one side was saved the others got what they deserved. Any tribe/nation that worshiped another ? and got to close to israel ? punished it's that simple, like a father protecting his children from a ? .

And it's not petty. like i already explained to you ? could not risk israel falling 100% away from worshiping him ? he had a plan for the salvation of man and israel was key to it. also like i told you sometimes you have to cut an arm off to save the body.
  • Fosheezy
    Options

2mdflzt.jpg

2mdflzt.jpg

False, false and false.

So genocide is okay in the case someone worships differently and culturally? Cool. The Bible ? can drown innocent children and blatantly order the killing of women, infants, and others, and magically not be a doer of evil? Fascinating. If another religious group said their ? sanctions the killing of anyone who isn't a certain religion, is it suddenly bad?

And the Bible ? clearly admits to deceiving and lying when it has to, read the story of Kings. You can also read this:

11For this reason ? sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

Some things in the Bible might seem wrong and maybe hard to grasp especially if viewing trough the scope of modern secular understanding...to get understanding it requires diligent reading and studying....that is how the book is designed. You can get the understanding but you have to dig and really want it. You mention killings that took place in the Old Testament that ? authorized. Let me ask you can you look into and judge the hearts and souls of men and women. Are you able to see and therefore know the hidden things that people have on their hearts and minds and every secret thing done in their lives? Don't be so quick to come to a suspect conclusion about ? 's judgement in deciding to cleanse certain people from the land because logically you don't know these people and whether they were good or not. You either choose to trust ? on it or you don't.

That verse in Thes. says ? sends a strong delusion. Are you trying to say that sending a delusion is the same thing as ? lying?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i randomly jumped in this thread
    i dont follow the bible like that much anymore but if u really read the story u can see how the devil is a liar by being deceitful

it sounds like u guys are being way too picky with language and tryin to make simple ass ? way more complex than it really is
  • zzombie
    edited June 2015
    Options

2mdflzt.jpg

2mdflzt.jpg

False, false and false.

LOL do you know what and who that passage is talking about???? lmao it's about the anti-christ and the people who will choose to follow him also ? doesn't lie in that passage he sends people who have already rejected him delusions so that they believe the lie of the anti-christ. But once you reject ? you are under this punishment anyway and his wrath is bound to fall on you when and how he sees fit.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options

2mdflzt.jpg

2mdflzt.jpg

False, false and false.

Some things in the Bible might seem wrong and maybe hard to grasp especially if viewing trough the scope of modern secular understanding...to get understanding it requires diligent reading and studying....that is how the book is designed. You can get the understanding but you have to dig and really want it. You mention killings that took place in the Old Testament that ? authorized. Let me ask you can you look into and judge the hearts and souls of men and women. Are you able to see and therefore know the hidden things that people have on their hearts and minds and every secret thing done in their lives? Don't be so quick to come to a suspect conclusion about ? 's judgement in deciding to cleanse certain people from the land because logically you don't know these people and whether they were good or not. You either choose to trust ? on it or you don't.

That verse in Thes. says ? sends a strong delusion. Are you trying to say that sending a delusion is the same thing as ? lying?

Well I studied the Bible diligently in elementary school, I had grades of As or A+ in religion class. In high school the same when I went to private school for two years. In college, I took a course on Abrahamic religions and was traumatized by what I read lol. Believe me, I've studied the Abrahamic ? VERY WELL. I was Christian for 16 years, devout and everything. I know what it's like to be a devout Christian, but I was disturbed by the passages after awhile.

As far as the Bible ? sending a delusion, that's sending a deception. And sending a deception is a form of lie. That was only one passage of several.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deception

deception

noun de·cep·tion \di-ˈsep-shən\

: the act of making someone believe something that is not true : the act of deceiving someone

: an act or statement intended to make people believe something that is not true

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options

That's straight up ? .

moses saved aaron @vibe

actually he saved much more than aaron he told the israelites to pick a side and all moved to one side was saved the others got what they deserved. Any tribe/nation that worshiped another ? and got to close to israel ? punished it's that simple, like a father protecting his children from a ? .

And it's not petty. like i already explained to you ? could not risk israel falling 100% away from worshiping him ? he had a plan for the salvation of man and israel was key to it. also like i told you sometimes you have to cut an arm off to save the body.

Isn't it telling that many of the Israelites themselves had such weak faith in the Abrahamic ? ? If it was that bothered by the people of Israel breaking up, all it had to do was show itself and the disbelieving would end. Instead, it chose to murder 3,000 people (and more later on) for the respectable right to worship another ? . The Bible ? showed that it acts little different then Genghis Khan entering a city he has beef with, with his own people. Amazing.

All this sounds very petty to those who think with reason and logic. Is it okay to ? your child if he hates the scrambled eggs you made him?
  • zzombie
    Options
    2 Thess. 2:8-12, “And then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 And for this reason ? will send upon them a deluding influence so that they might believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.”

they already rejected the truth and chose evil so basically ? just say OKAY have to your way believe the lies

sometimes ? does that when people become to hard headed
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2mdflzt.jpg

2mdflzt.jpg

False, false and false.

Well I studied the Bible diligently in elementary school, I had grades of As or A+ in religion class. In high school the same when I went to private school for two years. In college, I took a course on Abrahamic religions and was traumatized by what I read lol. Believe me, I've studied the Abrahamic ? VERY WELL. I was Christian for 16 years, devout and everything. I know what it's like to be a devout Christian, but I was disturbed by the passages after awhile.

As far as the Bible ? sending a delusion, that's sending a deception. And sending a deception is a form of lie. That was only one passage of several.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deception

deception

noun de·cep·tion \di-ˈsep-shən\

: the act of making someone believe something that is not true : the act of deceiving someone

: an act or statement intended to make people believe something that is not true

u can look up the definition of deception but u cant sense it when you're reading the passage of the serpent speaking to adam and eve, ironic. if u think ? is lying thats fine and all for arguments sake, but if u turn around and ask where has satan lied its obvious ur being close minded on purpose.

i dont really care what either side believes as im agnostic but its clear that u are as heavily biased in your beliefs as the bible thumpers u criticize. a lot of non believers are just as close minded no wonder there are always circular arguments.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    2 Thess. 2:8-12, “And then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 And for this reason ? will send upon them a deluding influence so that they might believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.”

they already rejected the truth and chose evil so basically ? just say OKAY have to your way believe the lies

LOL......wait.....so the Bible ? is ? off that people chose another way and as a result, it......sends them further delusions and lies to further cement what the disbelievers believe??????

Does this make any kind of sense to you???? Instead of opening hearts, the Bible ? sends delusions to big up the wrong ? or ideas? HUH....so that means it is being supportive of lies lol, thanks for proving my point.

The sad thing though is that the Bible ? admits to deceiving people multiple times. So why should anyone take what it says seriously, if it's known to spread delusions around?
  • zzombie
    Options

LOL......wait.....so the Bible ? is ? off that people chose another way and as a result, it......sends them further delusions and lies to further cement what the disbelievers believe??????

Does this make any kind of sense to you???? Instead of opening hearts, the Bible ? sends delusions to big up the wrong ? or ideas? HUH....so that means it is being supportive of lies lol, thanks for proving my point.

The sad thing though is that the Bible ? admits to deceiving people multiple times. So why should anyone take what it says seriously, if it's known to spread delusions around?

That passage is about the end times so no at that point it means the whole world has been given a chance to accept the gospel or not.

? has already given humanity thousands of years to open our hearts to him. YOU are always accusing ? of being lazy but he's just being merciful to your ungrateful ass. in that verse he has decided that enough is enough because

By the end times basically people are choosing to be wicked so he gives them what they want.