Why do people call the devil a "thief, liar, and murderer"?

Options

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @kingblaze84 In regards to Numbers 21:5 and 6...there is a context to all of this. Way before this "complaint", ? gave Israel over to the Egyptians and were enslaved for quite a time. ? promised Israel that He will deliver them through Moses and did so in "miraculous" fashion. And this is a prime example of not believing in spite of the evidence. If ? parted the Red Sea before the eyes of the Israelites, that should have been enough to make ? their Lord. But, when times got rough out there in the desert, they forget that ? had done anything and want to go back to Egypt. They no longer believe in ? when He stopped working His Magic.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SATAN!!!!!!
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »

you see you yellow GAL you are responsible for bringing out the sex demons in plenty of I.C MEMBERS but i ain't going to let you weaken me again tho
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Pico wrote: »

you see you yellow GAL you are responsible for bringing out the sex demons in plenty of I.C MEMBERS but i ain't going to let you weaken me again tho

I don't bring around sex demons Zombie cut it out!
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Because he's a thief, a liar, and a murderer.

And what does that make the Bible ? ? The Bible ? , according to Bible experts, is estimated to have killed about 20 million people in the book. That includes innocent children.

The Bible ? commands others to steal land for him, and admits to lying and deceiving people to accomplish goals. I suppose the Bible ? is king of murderers, thieves, and liars, comparing the two. Note Satan doesn't admit to creating evil and calamity, while the Bible ? does.

2mdflzt.jpg

^^My expression when I first read that in Catholic School
    Because he's a thief, a liar, and a murderer.

And what does that make the Bible ? ? The Bible ? , according to Bible experts, is estimated to have killed about 20 million people in the book. That includes innocent children.

The Bible ? commands others to steal land for him, and admits to lying and deceiving people to accomplish goals. I suppose the Bible ? is king of murderers, thieves, and liars, comparing the two. Note Satan doesn't admit to creating evil and calamity, while the Bible ? does.

2mdflzt.jpg

^^My expression when I first read that in Catholic School

False, false and false.

How can ? steal something that already belongs to him? Land, souls, whatever...it's a false idea.

It's mentioned in the Bible that ? cannot lie. Meaning it's impossible for ? to lie.

? creating evil doesn't mean he is the doer of the evil. He even gave an illustration, the way a light shines on an object and casts a shadow...in a similar understanding, that is how ? created evil because he shines a light that makes a distinction between the two forces.

So genocide is okay in the case someone worships differently and culturally? Cool. The Bible ? can drown innocent children and blatantly order the killing of women, infants, and others, and magically not be a doer of evil? Fascinating. If another religious group said their ? sanctions the killing of anyone who isn't a certain religion, is it suddenly bad?

And the Bible ? clearly admits to deceiving and lying when it has to, read the story of Kings. You can also read this:

2 Thessalonians 2:11

11For this reason ? sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

Some things in the Bible might seem wrong and maybe hard to grasp especially if viewing trough the scope of modern secular understanding...to get understanding it requires diligent reading and studying....that is how the book is designed. You can get the understanding but you have to dig and really want it. You mention killings that took place in the Old Testament that ? authorized. Let me ask you can you look into and judge the hearts and souls of men and women. Are you able to see and therefore know the hidden things that people have on their hearts and minds and every secret thing done in their lives? Don't be so quick to come to a suspect conclusion about ? 's judgement in deciding to cleanse certain people from the land because logically you don't know these people and whether they were good or not. You either choose to trust ? on it or you don't.

That verse in Thes. says ? sends a strong delusion. Are you trying to say that sending a delusion is the same thing as ? lying?

Well I studied the Bible diligently in elementary school, I had grades of As or A+ in religion class. In high school the same when I went to private school for two years. In college, I took a course on Abrahamic religions and was traumatized by what I read lol. Believe me, I've studied the Abrahamic ? VERY WELL. I was Christian for 16 years, devout and everything. I know what it's like to be a devout Christian, but I was disturbed by the passages after awhile.

As far as the Bible ? sending a delusion, that's sending a deception. And sending a deception is a form of lie. That was only one passage of several.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deception

deception

noun de·cep·tion \di-ˈsep-shən\

: the act of making someone believe something that is not true : the act of deceiving someone

: an act or statement intended to make people believe something that is not true

Let's use some common sense. When a person rejects the truth, but still wants to have their choice what is their only other option? A lie, right? You must've have missed this point in all your years of studying, when you read the passage in context it's clear that what is happening here is that after ? made the truth known and it is still rejected, he sends people what they want so they will believe that which is false. Isn't ? fair?

WRONG. If the Bible ? REALLY wants people to follow its message and worship it, it would stop the laziness and just show itself. Sending delusions and lies to INCREASE the faith others have in different gods means the Bible ? has very weak negotiating and convincing skills. HARDLY the qualities of the kind of ? I would worship. I'd rather worship nothing then worship such a lazy ? .

If the Bible ? really "made the truth known", then people wouldn't be worshipping thousands of different gods historically. Jews reject Jesus as savior to this day lol, as they did when he was ACTUALLY ALIVE.

Seems the Bible ? 's convincing game needs a little work.
    Are you saying is because ? doesn't do it the way you want to do it then ? must be wrong. Seems like you might have taken up the curse of the grand delusion yourself. Especially considering you claim you used to be Christian. Lol. That's one of the double edge sword effects of the Book. once you accept any part of the book and seek the benefits you also take upon the curses its speaks of when you turn to disbelief. Whether you believe it or not.

Well the Bible ? may be treating me well then, my life has been much more fun and enjoyable since I've stopped being Christian. I'm happier thinking for myself and living in a way that makes more sense to me. Enjoy your beliefs though, I'm certainly enjoying mine.

More power to ya if that what makes you happy. I ain't mad. you free to do your hearts desire. One thing though, I recommend you read the book of Ecclessiates. Doesn't matter if you read it before, read it again. you'll almost always notice things you never notice before. And it's an easy read. Some say it's a depressing book. The writer is King Soloman, the wisest man to ever walk this earth. it speaks on how he lived a life that most would envy, he did all his heart pleasures, everything there is to do to make him happy. At the end of the day he still came to the conclusion that none of it was fulfilling or meaningful. And that the best we could do is work, enjoy our work, eat and most importantly serve the ? that made us.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    A verifiable person, using logic and reason, says things should be done one way and you say they're delusional.

A group of people thousands of years ago claims to have done things on behalf of an unverifiable entity, for no other reason that "G-d said so", and you believe them without question.

Rifuckingdiculous

the bold above is just a claim itself. no evidence given. And verifiably false as a whole.

No single writer in the Bible uses "because ? said so" as a reason for belief.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    @pico lol I'm serious though. I really recommend it. you should read it too
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A fun little verse that shows the nutty nature of the Bible ? , worst then anything Satan ever said lol

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and ? everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! ? them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you ? ! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

In any example you bring up in which ? is punishing israel for fuckery he is in the right in ezekiel 9 ? is punishing ISRAEL for the worship of CANAANITE gods DO YOU REMEMBER HOW I TOLD YOU THE CANAANITES/BABYLONIANS WORSHIPED THEIR GODS????

Yes I am aware that some of the gods the Babylonians and Canaanites worshipped "demanded" human sacrifice, but the Bible ? in that passage is telling his followers to even ? the young, women and children, lol, are you excusing this? No matter how you try to justify it, you are co-signing the Bible ? ordering the murders of the elderly and even children.

Shameful and disgusting. Like your Bible ? , you are "? with blood".

Snoop Dogg made a song called Serial Killa but I don't think he would go around killing elderly people and children just for worshipping differently.

Under " worshiping differently" Human sacrifice was only part of it they also practiced temple prostitution which means they would sell their children and themselves into religiously selling their ? /? for their gods. children who have been abused like that are mentally ? and usually continue their fuckery well on into adulthood spreading misery with them

and you know what if ? decides it's better to wipe the children out so that they don't infect the next generation with evil then don't you see the logic in that no remember this is ? so he can see the future much better than me or you can and he also knows the hearts of people, these children were corrupted.

So the all compassionate and all loving Bible ? couldn't find a more peaceful way to solve that problem? It had to order the deaths of little children and the elderly to take care of those temple gods? Considering the Bible ? ordered the enslavement and massacre of plenty of innocent people itself, it sounds mighty hypocritical.

And the Bible ? 's ability to see in the future is terrible because people up to this very day are STILL sexually abusing kids, especially in Christian nations. Sexual slavery is rampant in Mexico and several other Christian nations, and so is torture and other things. If the Bible ? really wanted to prevent these things, it would have programmed its little humans better.

See what happens when a ? creates calamity??? Bad things start happening in the world. So indirectly and directly, if the Bible ? is real (and thankfully it isn't), then it actually is responsible for all the evil you spoke of. That makes the Bible ? pretty evil itself.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    @kingblaze84 In regards to Numbers 21:5 and 6...there is a context to all of this. Way before this "complaint", ? gave Israel over to the Egyptians and were enslaved for quite a time. ? promised Israel that He will deliver them through Moses and did so in "miraculous" fashion. And this is a prime example of not believing in spite of the evidence. If ? parted the Red Sea before the eyes of the Israelites, that should have been enough to make ? their Lord. But, when times got rough out there in the desert, they forget that ? had done anything and want to go back to Egypt. They no longer believe in ? when He stopped working His Magic.

Yeah, I always found it interesting how the Israelites' faith would waver when their ? stopped working magic.

I suppose it's because it could have been any number of gods who could have worked those miracles, assuming those miracles happened to begin with. Many of the Israelites, rationally, could have believed those "miracles" were just random coincidences.

There's a reason Jews have one of the highest rates of atheism in the world, look at the Holocaust. The Bible ? didn't save any Jews when ? and his Nazis were killing them all over the place. Where was the Bible ? 's magic then lol
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I always found it interesting how the Israelites' faith would waver when their ? stopped working magic.

I suppose it's because it could have been any number of gods who could have worked those miracles, assuming those miracles happened to begin with. Many of the Israelites, rationally, could have believed those "miracles" were just random coincidences.

There's a reason Jews have one of the highest rates of atheism in the world, look at the Holocaust. The Bible ? didn't save any Jews when ? and his Nazis were killing them all over the place. Where was the Bible ? 's magic then lol

The Israelites were not displaying faith. They wanted to use ? for their own self interest...just like anyone else would if given the chance. When they saw they was not getting what they wanted from ? , they complained. They didn't care whether or not their deliverance from Egypt into the Promised Land served a higher purpose. They didn't care if it meant robbing Moses of the privilege of entering the land with them given ? used Him to get them there. Why be delivered from our circumstances when we are still in our sins?
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a few off-topic questions about Christianity (and I'm not trying to 'expose' what I might consider to be logical flaws of Christianity, I'm just curious about the Christian point of view). My understanding is that ? gave humans, but not angels, free will so angels are pure because they have to be, they aren't capable of choosing to sin. Lucifer and the other demons are fallen angels so did ? intentionally create them as evil or is it not true that they lack free will? It's also my understanding that ? already knows the future but doesn't our having the capacity to choose good or evil imply that the future is uncertain? Does ? love Satan and the other demons despite their being evil? How does he feel about angels in general, does he love them as much he loves humans or does he love them to some extent but care more about humans as his favored children? Does he care about them at all, does the Bible (or Koran) ever touch on individual angels and their unique personalities? Do they feel happiness and sorrow, do they love ? , each other or even humans? Do they have souls?

How much does ? love and care about (non-human) animals?
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    I have a few off-topic questions about Christianity (and I'm not trying to 'expose' what I might consider to be logical flaws of Christianity, I'm just curious about the Christian point of view). My understanding is that ? gave humans, but not angels, free will so angels are pure because they have to be, they aren't capable of choosing to sin. Lucifer and the other demons are fallen angels so did ? intentionally create them as evil or is it not true that they lack free will? It's also my understanding that ? already knows the future but doesn't our having the capacity to choose good or evil imply that the future is uncertain? Does ? love Satan and the other demons despite their being evil? How does he feel about angels in general, does he love them as much he loves humans or does he love them to some extent but care more about humans as his favored children? Does he care about them at all, does the Bible (or Koran) ever touch on individual angels and their unique personalities? Do they feel happiness and sorrow, do they love ? , each other or even humans? Do they have souls?

Angels have freewill. ? loves all of his creation the other questions you asked I will answer later
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »

As Zombie said angels have freewill. Thats the whole point of Lucifer rebelling against him. He was free to just like any angel is free to. ? loves all his creations but its clear humans have a special place. Bible frequently mentions specific angels most namely the archangel. Micheal and Gabriel were so popular back in the day that some cults worshiped them.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plenty of Israelites lost faith in the Bible ? back in the day and there are many people worldwide who are disgusted with the kind of being the Bible ? claims to be. Have you ever seen the museums of people dumping the Bible and its relics in ? and worse? Even I wouldn't do ? like that, so it shows the kind of disgust many people have out there.

And the Bible ? did ? many Israelites because the bread tasted bad and Israelites complained about it, don't make me bring up the passages. Read up and see for yourself.

? why would i be denying the fact that people lose faith??? is your brain working are you paying attention to the discussion we are having??? and go ahead and post those passages. and as for the museums there have always been people who hate ?

Um are you losing track of what the discussion is? I said plenty of people lost faith in the Bible ? and were/are disgusted by its actions or passages and you asked what I was talking about.

And as far as those passages, I'll post them up soon enough, once work isn't as busy.

You are all over the place in the discussion. You post something talking about the end times then you start talking about exodus.

In the first case ? is giving people who have no connection to him what they want.

the second case is about ? punishing people he made a deal with him. Then you jump to people losing faith like that is supposed to mean anything??? Like no ? people lose faith. Large sections of the bible are about the consequence of losing faith.

For the ancient Israelites it was death because that was part of the covenant they made.

For the people in the end times it will simply be ? giving them what they want.

The Bible ? always seems to be ? with blood and deceiving people, then telling its followers to increase the bloodshed. In fact there is a book about the Bible ? that you should read sometime. It proves without a doubt the Bible ? is a barbaric savage and notes how much it influenced the Christian savages who wiped out 100 million Native Americans for being different and many other people worldwide. No coincidence Christians and other Abrahamic religious followers have historically been among the most bloodthirsty and savage, genocidal maniacs humanity has ever produced.

51Rw5ymaMqL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And as far as those passages that show how petty and pathetic the Bible ? is regarding bread:

Numbers 21:5

And the people spake against ? , and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

Numbers 21:6

And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

ayo you really have to start paying attention did i not already tell you that ? made a deal with israel that if they followed him they would live and that there descendants would be countless and that he would make them a great nation of people but that if they turned against him they would be destroyed. This is called the abrahamic covenant the contract between ? and israel that has been renewed every generation.

Now read the numbers 21 again:

21 When the Canaanite king of Arad, who lived in the Negev, heard that Israel was coming along the road to Atharim, he attacked the Israelites and captured some of them. 2 Then Israel made this vow to the Lord: “If you will deliver these people into our hands, we will totally destroy[a] their cities.” 3 The Lord listened to Israel’s plea and gave the Canaanites over to them. They completely destroyed them and their towns; so the place was named Hormah.

Israel made a deal do you expect ? not to keep up his end of the bargain????
    Oooh. So he made a pinky promise. Well then, that makes everything better.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    @pico lol I'm serious though. I really recommend it. you should read it too

Naa im good. My mom just lectured me bout the fiery lake of hell in Revelations so I've had enough for now.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    I am with ? all day

The Devil will be crushed by ?
  • zzombie
    Options
    Plenty of Israelites lost faith in the Bible ? back in the day and there are many people worldwide who are disgusted with the kind of being the Bible ? claims to be. Have you ever seen the museums of people dumping the Bible and its relics in ? and worse? Even I wouldn't do ? like that, so it shows the kind of disgust many people have out there.

And the Bible ? did ? many Israelites because the bread tasted bad and Israelites complained about it, don't make me bring up the passages. Read up and see for yourself.

? why would i be denying the fact that people lose faith??? is your brain working are you paying attention to the discussion we are having??? and go ahead and post those passages. and as for the museums there have always been people who hate ?

Um are you losing track of what the discussion is? I said plenty of people lost faith in the Bible ? and were/are disgusted by its actions or passages and you asked what I was talking about.

And as far as those passages, I'll post them up soon enough, once work isn't as busy.

You are all over the place in the discussion. You post something talking about the end times then you start talking about exodus.

In the first case ? is giving people who have no connection to him what they want.

the second case is about ? punishing people he made a deal with him. Then you jump to people losing faith like that is supposed to mean anything??? Like no ? people lose faith. Large sections of the bible are about the consequence of losing faith.

For the ancient Israelites it was death because that was part of the covenant they made.

For the people in the end times it will simply be ? giving them what they want.

The Bible ? always seems to be ? with blood and deceiving people, then telling its followers to increase the bloodshed. In fact there is a book about the Bible ? that you should read sometime. It proves without a doubt the Bible ? is a barbaric savage and notes how much it influenced the Christian savages who wiped out 100 million Native Americans for being different and many other people worldwide. No coincidence Christians and other Abrahamic religious followers have historically been among the most bloodthirsty and savage, genocidal maniacs humanity has ever produced.

51Rw5ymaMqL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And as far as those passages that show how petty and pathetic the Bible ? is regarding bread:

Numbers 21:5

And the people spake against ? , and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

Numbers 21:6

And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

ayo you really have to start paying attention did i not already tell you that ? made a deal with israel that if they followed him they would live and that there descendants would be countless and that he would make them a great nation of people but that if they turned against him they would be destroyed. This is called the abrahamic covenant the contract between ? and israel that has been renewed every generation.

Now read the numbers 21 again:

21 When the Canaanite king of Arad, who lived in the Negev, heard that Israel was coming along the road to Atharim, he attacked the Israelites and captured some of them. 2 Then Israel made this vow to the Lord: “If you will deliver these people into our hands, we will totally destroy[a] their cities.” 3 The Lord listened to Israel’s plea and gave the Canaanites over to them. They completely destroyed them and their towns; so the place was named Hormah.

Israel made a deal do you expect ? not to keep up his end of the bargain????
    Oooh. So he made a pinky promise. Well then, that makes everything better.

? makes his promises with blood
  • zzombie
    Options
    A fun little verse that shows the nutty nature of the Bible ? , worst then anything Satan ever said lol

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and ? everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! ? them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you ? ! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

In any example you bring up in which ? is punishing israel for fuckery he is in the right in ezekiel 9 ? is punishing ISRAEL for the worship of CANAANITE gods DO YOU REMEMBER HOW I TOLD YOU THE CANAANITES/BABYLONIANS WORSHIPED THEIR GODS????

Yes I am aware that some of the gods the Babylonians and Canaanites worshipped "demanded" human sacrifice, but the Bible ? in that passage is telling his followers to even ? the young, women and children, lol, are you excusing this? No matter how you try to justify it, you are co-signing the Bible ? ordering the murders of the elderly and even children.

Snoop Dogg made a song called Serial Killa but I don't think he would go around killing elderly people and children just for worshipping differently.

Under " worshiping differently" Human sacrifice was only part of it they also practiced temple prostitution which means they would sell their children and themselves into religiously selling their ? /? for their gods. children who have been abused like that are mentally ? and usually continue their fuckery well on into adulthood spreading misery with them

and you know what if ? decides it's better to wipe the children out so that they don't infect the next generation with evil then don't you see the logic in that no remember this is ? so he can see the future much better than me or you can and he also knows the hearts of people, these children were corrupted.

So the all compassionate and all loving Bible ? couldn't find a more peaceful way to solve that problem? It had to order the deaths of little children and the elderly to take care of those temple gods? Considering the Bible ? ordered the enslavement and massacre of plenty of innocent people itself, it sounds mighty hypocritical.

And the Bible ? 's ability to see in the future is terrible because people up to this very day are STILL sexually abusing kids, especially in Christian nations. Sexual slavery is rampant in Mexico and several other Christian nations, and so is torture and other things. If the Bible ? really wanted to prevent these things, it would have programmed its little humans better.

See what happens when a ? creates calamity??? Bad things start happening in the world. So indirectly and directly, if the Bible ? is real (and thankfully it isn't), then it actually is responsible for all the evil you spoke of. That makes the Bible ? pretty evil itself.

compassion is not always the best way to teach a lesson sometimes pain and suffering do the job.

just because ? can see the future that does not mean he's going to step in a change things, especially in today's world there is no need for him to do that on a huge scale like he did for israel back in the O.T. what i really keep trying to get you to see that the all the ? up ? you cry about in the O.T either fall under the isralites contract with ? or are done to protect israel.

the most important thing was israel and the worship of the ? of abraham anything else takes a backseat.

THERE was slavery during the time of christ ? did not stop it you don't understand how the ? of the bible works.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options

The Israelites were not displaying faith. They wanted to use ? for their own self interest...just like anyone else would if given the chance. When they saw they was not getting what they wanted from ? , they complained. They didn't care whether or not their deliverance from Egypt into the Promised Land served a higher purpose. They didn't care if it meant robbing Moses of the privilege of entering the land with them given ? used Him to get them there. Why be delivered from our circumstances when we are still in our sins?

That's the funny thing though, the Bible ? knows people are going to be skeptical. If people are going through hardships and they taste bread that tastes horrible and they're still hungry in the desert, shouldn't the Bible ? understand why people were complaining?

Of course some of the other Israelites were gonna worship other gods, they saw how other people in foreign lands were worshipping other gods and seemed to be blessed with tons of food and housing. Unlike the Israelites who kept having bad luck and were not having anything to themselves. The Abrahamic ? couldn't see that coming? So to make sure the jealousy of his ended, he told his followers to ? and massacre the ones who were complaining. Yeah that's a very nice thing to do.

Instead of proving himself and maybe blessing his people more, it said, "Ima ? ya'll, even your kids, if you keep complaining about me". Is this the behavior of a rational and supposedly all loving being? Hell no, instead of addressing their concerns better and rationally, it chose to act like Ted Bundy on steroids. How the hell is it gonna complain about people sinning then.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options

compassion is not always the best way to teach a lesson sometimes pain and suffering do the job.

just because ? can see the future that does not mean he's going to step in a change things, especially in today's world there is no need for him to do that on a huge scale like he did for israel back in the O.T. what i really keep trying to get you to see that the all the ? up ? you cry about in the O.T either fall under the isralites contract with ? or are done to protect israel.

the most important thing was israel and the worship of the ? of abraham anything else takes a backseat.

THERE was slavery during the time of christ ? did not stop it you don't understand how the ? of the bible works.

I laughed out loud reading this. I know how the Bible ? works based on the religious books that his followers have created. And pain and suffering is needed in certain cases, maybe when some people do hideous crimes themselves or whatever.

But supporting the putting to death and enslaving children and people who had nothing to do with the actions of a few? I'm not gonna go on and on about how bad that is but I'm going on the basis of the thread title.....the Bible ? has way bloodier hands and commands way more atrocities then anything the "devil" ordered or supported. Your excuses for the Bible ? so far are very pathetic, you can't explain away killing people for disliking bread. It's not a peaceful ? and if it was a real war ? as you claim, then it would be more active instead of comically absent when its followers get ? over.
  • zzombie
    Options

I laughed out loud reading this. I know how the Bible ? works based on the religious books that his followers have created. And pain and suffering is needed in certain cases, maybe when some people do hideous crimes themselves or whatever.

But supporting the putting to death and enslaving children and people who had nothing to do with the actions of a few? I'm not gonna go on and on about how bad that is but I'm going on the basis of the thread title.....the Bible ? has way bloodier hands and commands way more atrocities then anything the "devil" ordered or supported. Your excuses for the Bible ? so far are very pathetic, you can't explain away killing people for disliking bread.

That's like saying it's okay to do a drive by shooting on Dunking Donuts because they don't have enough healthy options.

Books you don't understand.

? would never have had to order death if the devil had not lied and eve had not disobeyed and then convinced adam to do the same. There's no need to explain away ? killing anyone for bread because he never killed anyone for that, he killed them for other reasons but it was not for the bread. You keep bringing up this bread thing ? actually read the passage he sent snakes among them because they lacked faith even after all that ? has did for them they still cried and ? ,

And you are confused i am not making excuses i fully accept everything ? does in the bible.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options

But supporting the putting to death and enslaving children and people who had nothing to do with the actions of a few? I'm not gonna go on and on about how bad that is but I'm going on the basis of the thread title.....the Bible ? has way bloodier hands and commands way more atrocities then anything the "devil" ordered or supported. Your excuses for the Bible ? so far are very pathetic, you can't explain away killing people for disliking bread.

That's like saying it's okay to do a drive by shooting on Dunking Donuts because they don't have enough healthy options.

? would never have had to order death if the devil had not lied and eve had not disobeyed and then convinced adam to do the same. There's no need to explain away ? killing anyone for bread because he never killed anyone for that, he killed them for other reasons but it was not for the bread. You keep bringing up this bread thing ? actually read the passage he sent snakes among them because they lacked faith even after all that ? has did for them they still cried and ? ,

And you are confused i am not making excuses i fully accept everything ? does in the bible.

The bread being bad tasting and not filling was one of the reasons they were complaining dum dum, the bread the Bible ? made for them wasn't filling and still left them hungry lol....maybe it wasn't a ? that gave them manna, maybe it was an alien who turned crazy.

And you can blame the devil for Adam and Eve doing whatever but if the Bible ? is gonna hold a grudge thousands of years later, it continues to show how petty and pathetic it is. Thousands of years later, it can't let it go. Give me a ? break.
  • zzombie
    Options

The bread being bad tasting and not filling was one of the reasons they were complaining dum dum, the bread the Bible ? made for them wasn't filling and still left them hungry lol....maybe it wasn't a ? that gave them manna, maybe it was an alien who turned crazy.

And you can blame the devil for Adam and Eve doing whatever but if the Bible ? is gonna hold a grudge thousands of years later, it continues to show how petty and pathetic it is. Thousands of years later, it can't let it go. Give me a ? break.

now you are just not making any ? sense they knew it was ? who gave them manna because moses told them it was ? and ? had shown them his power many times by that point.

? is not holding a grudge but you have to understand that he is limited in what he can do to fix the world because humanity being what we are NOW has ? everything up and thanks to his mercy he has a plane to fix things and it's being worked out right now as we speak.

• kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options

now you are just not making any ? sense they knew it was ? who gave them manna because moses told them it was ? and ? had shown them his power many times by that point.

? is not holding a grudge but you have to understand that he is limited in what he can do to fix the world because humanity being what we are NOW has ? everything up and thanks to his mercy he has a plane to fix things and it's being worked out right now as we speak.

LOL, after thousands of years the Bible ? is STILL working out a plan? To do what exactly? Create peace on Earth? The Bible ? has NEVER shown an ability to do that, ever.

The savior according to Israelite prophesies was for him to be one that creates world peace and kills ALL its enemies. Instead, Christians and Jews have enemies in all kinds of places around the world and world peace is still out of reach. Christians in Libya and elsewhere get their heads chopped off and burned alive, while the Bible ? claimed it would look out for his people. That means the Bible ? LIED.

And according to Jesus, it's supposed to answer prayers for those who believe but many believers never get their prayers answered. I won't even post up the many lies the Bible says about prayer, but the lies are pretty sad and pathetic. Worse then the four times Jesus said he would come quickly. It's all a sad joke, so easy to mock. I feel like I'm playing candy with a baby at this point discussing this with you, do you realize the Bible ? ? up to begin with making humans imperfect??
  • zzombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84

? is working on his own time and the issues you seem to have with this is that you want ? to do what you want him too when you want him to do it. you are like a crying 10 year old, you stamp your feet and walk away when daddy or mommy says no or they do something you don't like . Your slander of ? is sad and pathetic your intellectual analysis of the bible is child like and simple minded.

You also don't know much about the bible because the oppression of the church is part of the deal it's been promised to all christians that we could face death. Death, especially beheading is promised to us. No, ? just does not answer your prayers and give you what you want just because you asked for it, it does not work like that. ? did not make adam and eve imperfect because you cannot create a sentient creature without giving them the ability to do wrong.