Mr. Robot (USA)

Options

Comments

• Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think I kinda got a handle on things now.

Mr. Robot is an actual person, but because Elliot hacked/fried his brain so much, he picked his father as the image he sees. He already hacked his mind to change E Corp to Evil Corp, and forgot about his sister multiple times, so it's possible. That also means whoever the dude is, Elliott could have seen him as someone else previously.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gideon ends up playing a huge part in saving Evil Corp. He put the request in for the honey ? , and since Elliott sent in that IT ticket in his account, he'll know what'll be coming. Plus, Tyrell was already trying to get into the server, so the two of them will work together to save it.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, LOL at Joanna being everything Tasha from Power wants to be.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Yeah I'm gonna need to rewatch this episode at least twice to understand what's going on.

Im still in a state of confusion about this ? . Im not even sure what exactly that was at the end last night.

What exactly didn't you understand. It made sense to me. ? was wild tho.

so was Mr. Robot his father or himself? the way it was presented was that it was himself until he looked at pictures of his family and it made it seem like it was his father. 2nd, did Tyrells wife stab her self in the ? to make her water break? the ? was that.

I know Im not the only one who was somewhat confused about all of that ? .

It was both. His father(who is dead) is a hallucination. Eliot is obviously mentally unstable. I think in the scenes where Mr.Robot/His dad was interacting with other characters it was really Eliot doing the taking but he would become one of his multiple personalities. In one of the earlier episodes the therapist asked if he was on his meds and he lied and told her he was. To The second question tho I have no clue. It was a trill move tho
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Yeah I'm gonna need to rewatch this episode at least twice to understand what's going on.

Im still in a state of confusion about this ? . Im not even sure what exactly that was at the end last night.

What exactly didn't you understand. It made sense to me. ? was wild tho.

so was Mr. Robot his father or himself? the way it was presented was that it was himself until he looked at pictures of his family and it made it seem like it was his father. 2nd, did Tyrells wife stab her self in the ? to make her water break? the ? was that.

I know Im not the only one who was somewhat confused about all of that ? .

It was both. His father(who is dead) is a hallucination. Eliot is obviously mentally unstable. I think in the scenes where Mr.Robot/His dad was interacting with other characters it was really Eliot doing the taking but he would become one of his multiple personalities. In one of the earlier episodes the therapist asked if he was on his meds and he lied and told her he was. To The second question tho I have no clue. It was a trill move tho

that has to be the answer, there have been multiple occasions where Mr. Robot interacted with other people like Darlene and Elliot wasnt even there. Mr. Robot (whether its his dad or not) has to be real or nobody is real except Elliot and this is all an illusion but I dont know how that would work with Darlene making interactions with people who couldnt be imagined by Elliot like the rich dude she was ? at the beginning of the episode or the rapper/Dark Army dude. ? Im lost with this ? .
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wonderful to have a show where you truly do not know what will happen next.

the multiple personality idea is exactly what i'm flirting with but who the ? knows.how many episodes are left?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    wonderful to have a show where you truly do not know what will happen next.

the multiple personality idea is exactly what i'm flirting with but who the ? knows.how many episodes are left?

2 or 3.

Elliot being both a drug addict and mentally unstable makes this show incredible. The entire show for the most part is told from his perspective and his mental state is important.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I think I need to re watch the entire season now tho. A lot of my questions have been answered. I wonder what/who will end up saving Evil corp tho. No way their plan goes smoothly this early into the series

probably Mr. Robot. you see that meeting with him and Tyrell. I been feeling that there was someone on the inside of Fsociety or even in E Corp. Maybe Tyrell is with Fsociety but is in deep cover in E Corp. Either way, someone is working one side for the other. ? that reads confusing as ? , this damn show is like an algebraic equation. ? .

This is the Lupe Fiasco of TV shows.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally watched episode 8.

Mind is ? .
  • jono
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When Elliot was looking in the mirror before he punched it, he was talking about "i never should have created you" and then he said "i avoid myself" and when he was looking in the mirror there were several faces but i did see Mr. Robot, Angela and the dude in the mask.

So is it possible that bruh is one of those people and he isnt real? Or is it that those are people, maybe personalities that he created for himself?

I think that that scene was pivotal.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    When Elliot was looking in the mirror before he punched it, he was talking about "i never should have created you" and then he said "i avoid myself" and when he was looking in the mirror there were several faces but i did see Mr. Robot, Angela and the dude in the mask.

So is it possible that bruh is one of those people and he isnt real? Or is it that those are people, maybe personalities that he created for himself?

I that that scene was pivotal.

exactly why my mind was ? afterward...
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

I that that scene was pivotal.

I think this show, so far, had done good job of showing how hacking can distort, change, and misshape reality.

Just like on this site, we can make up a name, come in here, and act like anyone want to be. Or we can create multiple accounts and become all kinds of people. Factor in heavy drug use and a pretty loner type existence, it's very trippy.

Now as for mr. Robot. I question if he is a real person in the real world. He showed up when Elliott had to get vera outta prison, five minutes after Angela was buzzing trying to get in. How could he have done that? How did he show up at Elliott's job just chilling and no one paid him any mind. Also, what kinda dad would use his son in such a way by frying and rewiring his brain to the point he doesn't know his own sister. And according to her this has happened before.

If you look at things like darlene breaking into his apartment and taking a shower and wearing his clothes, it makes sense now. When he barged into the shower she was like "hey I'm naked!!" Which I thought odd, because I'd be like ? you in my house,showering, ima look at your naked ass while we discuss wtf you doing here.

If you look at that pregnant cold chick, she is very similar to elliots mother, in terms of calculating and manipulating emotions. I also find it weird they always speak in Swedish. I think perhaps tyrell is his brother or maybe a figment as well.

When Elliot was hallucinating or dreaming in that episode coming off drugs, angela was in his detox dream and said he was only born a month ago. When he googled and Facebooked himself he finds nothing. The only person he seems to know 100% directly for longer than the start of the show is Angela. Everyone else is potentially brand new to him, maybe even his job, so I think everything is questionable. For instance we know the company is not called evil corp, but rally e Corp. But we were in Elliott's viewpoint so long that everyone said it, because we interpreting everything as he does. But the ppl who thought two weeks ago was too focused on Angela...She went to her dad's crib and saw that its e Corp, she ain't saying evil corp...that leads me to think she real. Pls she clearly knew him as kid. But then again how is his dad dead and she cosigns it, if he really isn't. I don't know. And if darlene his sister, and mr. Robot really her dad, how is she friends with Angela all these years and lying about her dad's death. From when she was a kid?

Something happened to Elliot before the show started that we are not privy too, until we get that information is hard for us to say anything is 100% accurate. Any memory, thought, scene has potential to have been hacked. At least up til now.

However, and this may seem like a copout, but I think the main goal of show is not who did what and what's real. It's more a mirror of our current computer based society that can change manipulate distort and present real and fake realities, merging into a sort of alice in wonderland effect. Think of things like identify theft or catfishing. Or think of me. You guys might think I'm a black man in nyc, but I could be a 75 year old Chinese woman in alaska.
    We spend so much time online who knows what's "real" in the sense of if I really am who I say I am. But outside of my identity, the words and information I am conveying to you now is real. And the emotions or ideas or thoughts you feel from what I say is real, even if I am lying about my identity. Meaning if I come here and post about a business opportunity to make money. Even tho im old Chinese lady posing as black man on allhiphop.com, im still giving you real information that you can use in the business opportunity.

So you will go and invest and be like that sheerexcellence a great black man, but im really a old Chinese woman.so I'm fake, info real though. And pretty much all our interactions can be like that whether online or in the real world. Everything merges.

The same confusion you cab have when cstfished or identity stolen or you read a news story that ends up being fake or someone tweets lil wayne killed. We making all these choices, decisions, having real emotions, based off Twitter names or blog posts where we have no idea if person its really real or what their agenda is or anything. Ppl pose as something and fill you but really got something else in mind, like the dude who gave Angela's man his ? hiphop cd, which ended up being just s way to hack into allsafe mainframe, our think of how tyrell set up the old cto.

Those are real world ppl lying posing and shifting things making you question whats real constantly.

I'm not saying anything I'm saying is 100% correct. I'm just saying these are different things to think about and us even discussing this is sorta what the show runners are going for. Trying to get us involved as characters too. The audience. Many times elliot says things like are you guys real, are you in on it too, speaking to the audience. Then he toook the tv cameras and threw it down. That's us. That's our assumptions and ideas that are placing context and tone on what we are watching and how we interpreting it. Everyone can make up what they wanna make up depending on how they interpret it. I can say mr robot not real alive dad, and point to things. Someone else can say opposite and point to things, and maybe they leave it all up to us to argue and decide, just like elliot is doing now by saying what's real, what's not, who am I?

It's to early to say of this show will end up being great or not. But it certainly is something that requires more from its viewers than passively watching it while they eat popcorn.
    This ? crazy.
  • jono
    Options
    Yeah you definitely have to get engaged in the overall game being played or you will get lost in the confusion.

The more i think about it the more i get lost though.

Angela HAS to be real. its like in Inception where each character needed to keep something on them that reminded them of what's real and what isnt, i think Angela is that on the show.

Its also possible Darlene is that item too as she managed to remind him of who she is.

He has a problem remembering who people are so he saves everything about them on discs so he can refer to it later and the discs are labeled by something personal about the person on the disc e.g. Shayla's favorite song for instance.

But Mr. Robot's disc was blank which means he doesn't know much of anything about him, which would make sense if his father died when he was young, he wouldn't know how to catalog the disc without giving away what he does but it was also because the disc was blank that he figured it was significant.

So its likely he hacked himself and all of his own information is in that CD jacket somewhere but he can't remember where it is. i think eventually he will find the disc with himself on it and we will see whats what but until then its up in the air.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Well the guy has a story arc for five seasons I think this will end up being some breaking bad ? , I hope it don't turn into something like Lost. I imagine that more of the stuff that has occurred is real than not, but I think even the real things have shades of Elliott's impressions on them, I.e. use of term evil corp.

Now the stuff that seems fake is the stuff too implausible like tyrell or maybe even vera. I mean the dude hacked into prison and opened the cells and ? didn't even seem to make the news.

Again I dont know but I trust the writers know what they doing cause it's been good so far.
  • jono
    Options
    I dont think they will drag it out that long. We will definitely find out the truth around the end of season two. I think they will introduce new characters at some point too. I just hope it doesnt get muddy
  • SheerExcellence
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I also will add in, im curious as to elliots real issue/medical problem. Because if he can forget his sister, I imagine it's hard for him to have ability to live on his own, let alone have a steady job. If he can imagine a whole bunch of "fake" ? , I dont see how his sister, angela, or whoever cares about him would not be on top of him 24/7
    When we first see darlene she talking to him like trying to convince him to ? with fsociety. But if I'm talking to my big brother, im not going to be like "please join us" as if im talking to a stranger. I'd be like ? this is what we going to do. There'd be no asking. My brother is with me. Furthermore, if im darlene and I know my bro forgets me, im going to be watching who and what he does, imq make sure he on them meds, ima investigate every girl he dates, im going to throw all his drugs away and I'm going to make sure he don't get psychotic, because that's my bro. Maybe even when he walked in on me the shower I'd be like, uhhhh he forgot who I am again... and be prepared to help him remember me. I'd be looking out for any sign that he was in a ? state, and ? me goin four or five days from talking to him. If it read that serious that he actually forgot me, I'd be calling him at least three times a day to check on his mindstate.

Maybe that's just me, but I imagine most normal ppl who have decent relationship with fam who mentally ill and live in same city, would do that.

I mean, hell man, something is up because when she first showed up at his place he was like "how you know where I live"
    If im darlene and I know my brother had a history of forgetting who the ? I was, I would be concerned if he randomly said that one day.

Man you right @jono the more I think of this the more confused and curious I get. This ? got me doing da vinci code investigations and analysis.

Hahaaha
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    I dont think they will drag it out that long. We will definitely find out the truth around the end of season two. I think they will introduce new characters at some point too. I just hope it doesnt get muddy

Oh naw, I think we get the truth end of this season, but I think this just beginning. I think this can get really good and interesting if they are as smart as I think they are.
    But let's just talk after these next two episodes close out the season, cause this is deff some ? right here.
  • jono
    Options
    Yeah. I think they are starting to notice Elliot is off his meds too, so we are about to find out whats wrong with him
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's definitely been a switch in tone since he went off his meds.
  • SheerExcellence
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ok I just rewatched whole season again today, and I could tell a few patterns. Of all the ppl on the show the ones who definitively have a past with him beyond past six months before start of season are angela, Krista(the therapist).

Now the ones who clearly act as if they know Elliot in a Capacity that is longer than the length of time he thinks they know him ..are tyrell, darlene, mr. Robot...as for everything else, and everyone else, who knows.

• jono
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Im using Angela as a signpost. If they interact with her then they definitely real. So far anybody she talks to turns out to be legit.

She knows Darlene, she hung out with Shayla, they worked in the same place so all of them are real too. Krista is a therapist so she wouldnt interact with her, which is dangerous to my theory because quite a few characters on the show have no reason other than knowing Elliot to interact with her.

Unless something changes tonight she has had no interaction with Mr. Robot or anyone else in fsociety (other than Darlene), that will be what im looking for tonight.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I aint got time, nor do I care to break down all the details. Im jus enjoying the ride and I trust it'll all make sense in the end.

Mr. Robot Wednesday

mr-robot.png?w=600
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    ok... what the ? ?
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    whoomp there it is...
  • jono