Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options

Comments

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This aint gettin a Oscar jus cause it is what it is....but thid is the best made hip hop movie hands down imo

Usually its a bit of liteweight cheesiness associated wit movies like these and u can tell that the ball was dropped somewhere but this movie was different. It felt like one of those bold, carefully crafted films that usually carry no urban influence at all aka an Oscar bait movie
  • FulaniQueen
    FulaniQueen Members Posts: 30
    Options
    Dee barnes says that u r all ? for liking this misogynistic ass ? ...lol

Yet this the same chick that was married to Ricky Harris (Snoop's cousin), who did all of the WBALLZ and DJ EZ ? skits on a lot of DeathRow/DPG albums

You ? 's love to criminalize the victim.

shaking-my-head-picture.gif

• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Yet this the same chick that was married to Ricky Harris (Snoop's cousin), who did all of the WBALLZ and DJ EZ ? skits on a lot of DeathRow/DPG albums

You ? 's love to criminalize the victim.

shaking-my-head-picture.gif

Not criminalizing her, just pointing out a contradiction. She spoke out against "misogynistic" music but she was married to a man who contributed to it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8qgp3yT1rQ
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish Eazy was still around...was my favorite rapper growing up. The movie made me dig back into his catalog. Such a character. The voice, the look, the aura, the delivery...never gonna see another one like him.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straight Outta Compton, the album..has returned to the Billboard charts 30 years after its release. Hip Hop Beatles

? dope
    RawAce wrote: »
    Straight Outta Compton, the album..has returned to the Billboard charts 30 years after its release. Hip Hop Beatles

I wonder who gets the checks though

I sure hope Heller ? ass ain't gettin em
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They aren't gonna give Straight Outta Compton any Oscar noms.
    Look at how they did Get On Up, Chadwick should have won for that, he played the hell out of that James Brown role.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought how they portrayed Jerry was very telling. He was a goofy, money hungry laywer but he believed in the group. In a recent Grantland article Jerry said he was not consulted for the film, but that the "No whites allowed" and cops outside the studio part both really happened. He also said he never disliked Cube, he just hated his "No Vaseline" diss and thought it was ridiculous(just like the movie, he used the antisemetic line again lmao). Cube, for his part, said "Ive got no ill will towards Jerry...truth be told we did some incredible ? back then...we we're selling cassettes out of Eazy's trunk before Jerry came into the picture" Suge was much more evil imo..he took Dre away and officially ended the group...and who knows if he had a hand to play in Eazy's death..though ill give him credit for having such a dope ass name like "Death Row" for a gangsta label that featured all time greats like Snoop, Dre and Pac.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

? dope

I sure hope Heller ? ass ain't gettin em

I think Tamika Wright is.
    I thought how they portrayed Jerry was very telling. He was a goofy, money hungry laywer but he believed in the group. In a recent Grantland article Jerry said he was not consulted for the film, but that the "No whites allowed" and cops outside the studio part both really happened. He also said he never disliked Cube, he just hated his "No Vaseline" diss and thought it was ridiculous(just like the movie, he used the antisemetic line again lmao). Cube, for his part, said "Ive got no ill will towards Jerry...truth be told we did some incredible ? back then...we we're selling cassettes out of Eazy's trunk before Jerry came into the picture" Suge was much more evil imo..he took Dre away and officially ended the group...and who knows if he had a hand to play in Eazy's death..though ill give him credit for having such a dope ass name like "Death Row" for a gangsta label that featured all time greats like Snoop, Dre and Pac.
    If Eazy was actually killed
    then id say Heller killed him. Eazy fired Jerry months before he got sick.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Idk sugar was on jimmy kimmel making fun of eazy E death
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Love the movies but didn't like how they made eazy seem like he was going broke when that wasn't the case
  • TheRealness91
    TheRealness91 Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options

She's trying to capitalize off it. What dre did wasn't right but come on that ? happen in 1990. Move on..
  • TheRealness91
    TheRealness91 Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    dead @ the way dre is looking at her though "? i'm about to beat yo ass"

1391480183111740586.png
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Yeah I kicked her lil ass, but that was a blast from the past"
  • the best 1
    the best 1 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a good question. Is Ruthless Records still owned by Tomika Wright?

This discussion has been closed.