Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options

Comments

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Already talking about a sequel supposely. Dogg pound 4 life
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that's just some ? daz said he was gonna make...I bet it's gonna be straight to dvd barbershop bootleg quality
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

that's just some ? daz said he was gonna make...I bet it's gonna be straight to dvd barbershop bootleg quality

"A Netflix Exclusive"
  • TheRealness91
    TheRealness91 Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    4770212.t.jpg

Who is the white guy? Never knew his name after all these years.

I stumbled upon an article where they interviewed everybody on that cover, except Eazy for obvious reasons and Dre and Cube because they can't be bothered, and outside of the core group (Ren, Eazy, Cube, Dre, Prince) those other cats were random dudes that the record company got to pose for the cover.

Speaking Arabian Prince, I wonder what happen with him and the group.

He said he left because he knew heller and eazy-e were ripping people off. He had one album out but it flopped, I'm not sure what he did after that.
  • JTeezyMOB
    JTeezyMOB Members Posts: 12
    Options
    I thought Straight Outta Compton was a great movie. I learned alotta ? I didn't know about Cube & Dre since I was born in 89. Cube was really bout that life!
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movie was good but pac wasn't signed to death row in 93 & they made dre seem like a saint. Those my only problems with the movie
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah daz is trippin
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should of had Bone Thugs in there... but if they would Of put Bone in there, it would of messed with the narrative that Eazy died broke n Lonely wishing to have had rubbed shoulders with Dre one more time... smh

N Dre n Eazy never made up. Dre went to go see Eazy at the hospital, but by that time Eazy was on unconscious on life support...
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    They should of had Bone Thugs in there... but if they would Of put Bone in there, it would of messed with the narrative that Eazy died broke n Lonely wishing to have had rubbed shoulders with Dre one more time... smh

N Dre n Eazy never made up. Dre went to go see Eazy at the hospital, but by that time Eazy was on unconscious on life support...

Dre said they spoke on the phone a few weeks prior to Eazy going to hospital.
  • D0wn
    Options

Dre said they spoke on the phone a few weeks prior to Eazy going to hospital.

That was a lie.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Nah that nwa reunion thing was a legit thing that was suppose to happen
  • D0wn
    Options

Smfh
    31:25-34:00

https://youtu.be/aZPUn1_jj4A

Dre Also low key insinuated Eazy didnt have Aids, when he stated Eazy looked normal at the hospital.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Here's an EazyE Interview from February 1995

What’s up with you and Cube these days? Are you working with him on anything?

Eazy-E:
    Me and Cube is cool. That’s all I can say. We’ve sat down an’ talked a couple of times. I’ve got nothing against him.

RP:
    What do you think are some of the misconceptions people have about Ruthless Records?

Eazy-E:
    Number one…that it’s my company. I’m the sole owner. There’s no investors, there’s no partners. It’s my company.

RP:
    Looking at the number of successful Black-owned record companies and how you were one of the first to…

Eazy-E:
    Even if they’re Black-owned, they’re being financed by someone else. There’s a lot of companies, like Russell (Simmons), Andre Harrell’s Uptown Records, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis’s label. You had Motown…

RP:
    Motown is not Black-owned.

Eazy-E:
    It was at one time. I said, “You had Motown.” (He laughs) Jermaine Dupris is doing something now. Yeah, I was one of them. Then everyone else who broke off from me, some of them is doing good.

RP:
    Getting back to misconceptions…

Eazy-E:
    I treat my artists real good. All that, “He @#%$ me”…then why am I still making money off them? If someone @#%$ me, they wouldn’t be making a dime off me. Dre went out running his mouth off, and nothing he said was true. Everything was false. I still make money off him; I still got about five more years to go.

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, so Ruthless was gettin paid until the next episode? Lol.

I always wondered what kept tamica afloat outside of btnh
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Dre day only makes Eazy's pay-day"
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YEP...THE DID EASY WRONG. ... KNOWIN DUDE DIDNT DIE BROKE
  • wu-tang4ever
    wu-tang4ever Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Options
    Hate how this isn't out till the 28th!! dying to see it in the cinema and don't want to watch a ? quality version online :(
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They could've shown Dre getting shot too.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen...let me tell you about the next generation of NWA fans:

I was just as my local CVS and saw a group of white girls.

one of them starts reciting "straight outta compton, a crazy ? named Ice Cube..." before saying "i don't even know what this movie's about.

lmao...i couldn't help but laugh out loud at it.

This discussion has been closed.