Dr. Dre- Compton- Official Album Discussion Thread (8/7/15)

Options

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Carter 3 is classic every song ride front to back even the songs for the chicks. A million first week type #'s like one of the beatles. If you aint feeling carter 3 you aint no hip hop head.

Lil Wayne>>>>>Eminem and Jay z

FOH

Your musical taste dripping with wack juice thats why you prefer the personal insults route instead of arguing with substance and facts

Bruh... You called C3 a classic... I can't get over that
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is ass , not even bootleg worthy
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    We must be listening to different albums
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    Medicine Man isn't a "bad" track, it just had no business on Compton..

Was kinda expecting another "Dre, I got something to say, while this ? weed is in me.. oh wait, I'm sober ? .." Type line..

It's the only track on the album not produced by Dre, so that may have something to do with how it fits to you, as well. I think Em produced it.

I actually like it. That ? line by Em is gonna bring a ton of attention to that song, though.......LOL

Here comes the attention......

Eminem sparks outrage with disturbing rap that describes ? women on Dr Dre's soundtrack for Straight Outta Compton

Eminem has come under fire for glorifying ? in a new song for the movie Straight Outta Compton.

The 42-year-old father-of-three screams, 'I even make the b****es I ? c*m,' in a rap solo on Dr Dre's song Medicine Man.

The line has prompted a wave of backlash from anti-violence groups and among Twitter users after the movie's release this week.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3190113/Eminem-sparks-outrage-disturbing-rap-describes-? -women-soundtrack-Straight-Outta-Compton.html#ixzz3iPul9mdE
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you ever been hated or discriminated against?
    I have; I've been protested and demonstrated against
    Picket signs for my wicked rhymes, look at the times
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That heavy distorted singing in the backgroing of satisfaction sounds like somethin Kanye tried on Yeezus
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @_Lefty and @Stew It seems like y'all were right and I was wrong......
    During a March 2015 radio interview, Dre first revealed that he was working on a soundtrack for Straight Outta Compton. "I'm working on something right now. I don't want to put it out there just yet and say that I'm definitely gonna put it out. But I'm really feeling what I'm working on right now," Dre said. "This would be a record that's inspired by the movie."
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Medicine Man isn't a "bad" track, it just had no business on Compton..

Was kinda expecting another "Dre, I got something to say, while this ? weed is in me.. oh wait, I'm sober ? .." Type line..

It's the only track on the album not produced by Dre, so that may have something to do with how it fits to you, as well. I think Em produced it.

I actually like it. That ? line by Em is gonna bring a ton of attention to that song, though.......LOL

Here comes the attention......

Eminem sparks outrage with disturbing rap that describes ? women on Dr Dre's soundtrack for Straight Outta Compton

Eminem has come under fire for glorifying ? in a new song for the movie Straight Outta Compton.

The 42-year-old father-of-three screams, 'I even make the b****es I ? c*m,' in a rap solo on Dr Dre's song Medicine Man.

The line has prompted a wave of backlash from anti-violence groups and among Twitter users after the movie's release this week.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3190113/Eminem-sparks-outrage-disturbing-rap-describes-? -women-soundtrack-Straight-Outta-Compton.html#ixzz3iPul9mdE

As if they just forgot the past 16 years... smfh
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carter 3 is classic every song ride front to back even the songs for the chicks. A million first week type #'s like one of the beatles. If you aint feeling carter 3 you aint no hip hop head.

FOH

Your musical taste dripping with wack juice thats why you prefer the personal insults route instead of arguing with substance and facts

? gave you the lol reaction because there laffing at you clown
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options

FOH

Still no argument with facts only personal attacks.

@chiyosuke

Everybody and they mama had a c3 album the hype and movement behind that album was crazy only rappers that had a buzz like that was 50 cent, 2 pac, and snopp dogg
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Doctor's orders
    Go ? yourself

*ON REPEAT*
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Thought for sure Lupe would have AOTY till this came out. Tough break but still can't give an official rating till the cdq whip test.

He still does.

Meh not imo.

I called it a tie...

I'm going with T&Y over this album specifically for the lyricism. I don't care for much of the lyrics here.
    mike06 wrote: »
    the ONE thing really missing from this album....a muthafuckin NATE DOGG HOOK!!!!

Warren G got all the leftover Nate Dogg hooks on his new album
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

FOH

Still no argument with facts only personal attacks.

@chiyosuke

Everybody and they mama had a c3 album the hype and movement behind that album was crazy only rappers that had a buzz like that was 50 cent, 2 pac, and snopp dogg

Everybody had the album and half of us were disappointed by that bullshyt
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I couldn't wait until 21st to buy the CD, so I checked it out on iTunes, though I will still cop it in CD form...

Its a dope album, but defo not Chronic or 2001 level though...

It feels like a theatrical album which I like, imo alot of unconventional things happen throughout the album which is cool, like the way beats switch up or a tune plays out the song as an instrumental etc...

There are some real dope tunes on there, mainly in the 2nd half of the album...

BUT 1 thing I really dont like though, is on some of the tunes you cant even recognise Dre's voice!!! He sounds like Kendrick half the time, The Game sounds more like Dre then Dre does!!! Which leads me to feel at times its more like a Kendrick album but K Dot probably wrote half of his verses so its understandable, but in the old day ghostwriters would write a reference track AS Dre or whoever they are writing for...

All in all, its a solid album though...
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout to hit rapgodfathers and cop my copy ? !
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get the impression people saying they don't like the album is only because it don't have the (traditional west coast) sound they expected it to have. That's a small hurdle to get over
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Intro
    2. Talk About It (Ft. King Mez & Justus)
    3. Genocide (Ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
    4. It's All On Me (Ft. Justus & BJ The Chicago Kid)
    5. All In A Day's Work (Ft. Anderson Paak)
    6. Darkside/Gone (Ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
    7. Loose Cannons (Ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
    8. Issues (Ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
    9. Deep Water (Ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
    10. One Shot One ? (Jon Connor Ft. Snoop Dogg)
    11. Just Another Day (The Game Ft. Asia Bryant)
    12. For The Love Of Money (Ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
    13. Satisfiction (Ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
    14. Animals (Ft. Anderson Paak)
    15. Medicine Man (Ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
    16. Talking to My Diary

Upon further inspection, this album has 12 solid tracks.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont skip any tracks on this joint
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    1. Intro
    2. Talk About It (Ft. King Mez & Justus)
    3. Genocide (Ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
    4. It's All On Me (Ft. Justus & BJ The Chicago Kid)
    5. All In A Day's Work (Ft. Anderson Paak)
    6. Darkside/Gone (Ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
    7. Loose Cannons (Ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
    8. Issues (Ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
    9. Deep Water (Ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
    10. One Shot One ? (Jon Connor Ft. Snoop Dogg)
    11. Just Another Day (The Game Ft. Asia Bryant)
    12. For The Love Of Money (Ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
    13. Satisfiction (Ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
    14. Animals (Ft. Anderson Paak)
    15. Medicine Man (Ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
    16. Talking to My Diary

Upon further inspection, this album has 12 solid tracks.

WTF? Stisfiction is smooth as ice, Xzibit killed Loose Cannons and Ice Cube showed his GOAT status on Issues.

The only thing I skip is when Em starts shouting at me.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been bumpin' non-stop. A few thoughts.

I can't wait to hear Rick Ross over some of these ? .

I can't believe just how dope the production is. Other songs sound a lil different and I haven't even had the pleasure of listenin' through dope earphones yet.

About Em's verse. I'm just not a fan of his new style of rappin'. I think its wack. The ? line was silly. Why put a line like that in such a mature album? I kno' ? were expectin' Chronic 2015 (I was, although I'm not disappointed it came out this way) but I love the sound. Sonically amazin' and no one else in hip-hop cudda made it.

This discussion has been closed.