Dr. Dre- Compton- Official Album Discussion Thread (8/7/15)

Options

Comments

• blatalian
    blatalian Members Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    How the ? people not fans of 2001

...yall sick

Well for me personally it's as simple as this...

I've been an East Coast biased hip-hop fan for my entire life and I'm not ashamed to admit it lol...now I do realize that in being so I've prolly missed out on some good/great albums. Up until recently really I've only ever owned ? from VA up thru tha Philly, NY amd NJ area (not counting Chicago rappers Common, Kanye and Lupe). There was a time coming up that tha only non "east coast" hip-hop albums I had were The Chronic, ? , '93 til Infinity, Outkast 1st 3 albums and Goodie Mob's 1st 2 albums....I've grown to listen to a lot more diverse sounds but this is tha reason I wasn't checking for 2001. I was listening to Black on Both Sides and Blackout and ? lol...Peace
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All my Nas Mobb Deep and classic hiphopcds got stolen tonight
    ? ....the ? only left the r kelly i Believe i can fly single left..........?
    2060i12.jpg

Woooo that boy Zorrow whippin a Opel.

That's my mother car . ? this aint a $40 car that @_Menace_ own. This is some true gangsta ? . Got the best system if u blast some real hip hop. I'm waitin until I can get the Compton cd. Gonna roll thru the whole city with the window down.

My $40 car? The bottle I use to clean my leather with cost more than your car
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    Yeah it's not as good as chronic 2001 or the OG but it's pretty good....the beats are pretty damn good as always and the songs and features are put together pretty nice too...it all flows together but I don't really hear any stand out songs like on the other two joints...like I don't see this selling that much cuz I dint really hear any singles on here which is good from an artistic stand point but bad from a reputation stand point which idk how much Dre even cares about at this point

I think Satisfiction and Animals should be singles
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blatalian wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    How the ? people not fans of 2001

...yall sick

Well for me personally it's as simple as this...

I've been an East Coast biased hip-hop fan for my entire life and I'm not ashamed to admit it lol...now I do realize that in being so I've prolly missed out on some good/great albums. Up until recently really I've only ever owned ? from VA up thru tha Philly, NY amd NJ area (not counting Chicago rappers Common, Kanye and Lupe). There was a time coming up that tha only non "east coast" hip-hop albums I had were The Chronic, ? , '93 til Infinity, Outkast 1st 3 albums and Goodie Mob's 1st 2 albums....I've grown to listen to a lot more diverse sounds but this is tha reason I wasn't checking for 2001. I was listening to Black on Both Sides and Blackout and ? lol...Peace

Yo you cant say ? like that they will use it against us
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    "For The Love Of The Money" is the best choice for a single imo
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Carter 3 is classic every song ride front to back even the songs for the chicks. A million first week type #'s like one of the beatles. If you aint feeling carter 3 you aint no hip hop head.

Lil Wayne>>>>>Eminem and Jay z
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Carter 3 is classic every song ride front to back even the songs for the chicks. A million first week type #'s like one of the beatles. If you aint feeling carter 3 you aint no hip hop head.

FOH
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Thought for sure Lupe would have AOTY till this came out. Tough break but still can't give an official rating till the cdq whip test.

He still does.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Thought for sure Lupe would have AOTY till this came out. Tough break but still can't give an official rating till the cdq whip test.

He still does.

Meh not imo.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

He still does.

Meh not imo.

I called it a tie...
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    comparing dre's album and lupe's album is like comparing a champion in a single sport (tennis, golf, etc.) to a champion in a team sport (basketball, football, etc.) because dre literally has a gang of people working on the album with him
  • Stew
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    comparing dre's album and lupe's album is like comparing a champion in a single sport (tennis, golf, etc.) to a champion in a team sport (basketball, football, etc.) because dre literally has a gang of people working on the album with him

So Lupe made that album all by himself? Ok.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »

FOH

Your musical taste dripping with wack juice thats why you prefer the personal insults route instead of arguing with substance and facts
  • FishNChips
    Options

not in the same way dre made the album. dre had people writing his rhymes and ? plus the numerous features.He was just in charge of the album and had the other musicians shape the album into what he wanted. Lupe just took beats and wrote most of the ? himself (other than features)
  • FishNChips
    Options

not in the same way dre made the album. dre had people writing his rhymes and ? plus the numerous features.He was just in charge of the album and had the other musicians shape the album into what he wanted. Lupe just took beats and wrote most of the ? himself (other than features)

Oh ok. What did he eat for lunch mate?

You what?
  • Stew
    Options

You what?

You know what was going on in the studio with Lupe while he made that album so tell me what he ate for lunch...mate!?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

I have a feeling that when 'Animals' starts playing in the movie (I predict during the LA riots scene), the entire crowd in the theater will be.............

giphy.gif

For that reason and the current events of racist cops and civilians killing black people, 'Animals' would be my lead off single.

Man, the album is getting better and better every time I listen to it. Was playing spades today and everybody was vibin to it as the games were being played. This album is the real deal.
  • Stew
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

I have a feeling that when 'Animals' starts playing in the movie (I predict during the LA riots scene), the entire crowd in the theater will be.............

giphy.gif

For that reason and the current events of racist cops and civilians killing black people, 'Animals' would be my lead off single.

Man, the album is getting better and better every time I listen to it. Was playing spades today and everybody was vibin to it as the games were being played. This album is the real deal.

I could be completely off here but I dont think this album will be played during the movie bruh.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options

giphy.gif

I could be completely off here but I dont think this album will be played during the movie bruh.

LOL....You may be correct fam, but they introduced this project as the soundtrack for the movie and they're still referring to it as the soundtrack.
  • Stew
    Options

giphy.gif

LOL....You may be correct fam, but they introduced this project as the soundtrack for the movie and they're still referring to it as the soundtrack.

"A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre"

I dont think this album has anything to do with the movie outside of it inspiring Dre to make it.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Far from a classic. Sounds like everything else on the radio. Dre's name is the only thing making people care so much I'd wager. And a Compton "soundtrack" with such few Compton artist is bordering disrespectful.

But I love the album. After all these years it finally puts to rest and proves that Chad Butler was the better producer.

IXbDcOX.jpg

Right. How does this sound like everything else on the radio besides some of the drums just about every beat on this bytch got sounds on it i never heard used before and have no idea how he even got them shyts
  • J.J._Evans
    edited August 2015
    Options

giphy.gif

"A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre"

I dont think this album has anything to do with the movie outside of it inspiring Dre to make it.

We'll know in a few days. Regardless of who's right, this album is bangin and that's all that matters.

My last post of the day.............

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30yln0

6Tp1v.gif
  • FishNChips
    Options

You what?

You know what was going on in the studio with Lupe while he made that album so tell me what he ate for lunch...mate!?

smh should've known I couldn't have a normal discussion about Dre without you suckin some aftermath ?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lp is ehhh 6 joints will def make it to my ipod others better start growing or they outta there
This discussion has been closed.