Dr. Dre- Compton- Official Album Discussion Thread (8/7/15)

Options

Comments

• ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is The Chronic/2001/Compton the greatest trilogy in hip hop
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall overrating the ? outta this album. It's a good album but even by his standards this isn't great. Chronic & 2001 had distinct sounds. This I didn't get that feeling. In 2015 Dre sounds like everyone else. Album is solid but not a big deal.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yall overrating the ? outta this album. It's a good album but even by his standards this isn't great. Chronic & 2001 had distinct sounds. This I didn't get that feeling. In 2015 Dre sounds like everyone else. Album is solid but not a big deal.

So cause it wasn't "ground breaking" and didn't give you that "tingly" feeling inside it can't be great. Gotcha.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't seen many people overrating the album.

I gave it 8 out of 10. Most have given it 8 of 10.......4 of 5.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

So cause it wasn't "ground breaking" and didn't give you that "tingly" feeling inside it can't be great. Gotcha.

You said it, not me. No need to have a pissy reaction over my comment doggie....

Calling it like I see it.
  • Stew
    Options
    Who's pissy? lol I was just clarifying your comment.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Your reply was that of a pouty fan. You love the album, cool. I don't. That's life.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is The Chronic/2001/Compton the greatest trilogy in hip hop

Southernplayeristic/Atliens/Aquemini is the correct answer
  • Stew
    Options

Your reply was that of a pouty fan. You love the album, cool. I don't. That's life.

lol Cause I was clarifying your statement instead of saying your opinion was wrong is being a "pouty fan" now? I could see if I flat out came out and said "wtf are u talkin about, if you don't like this album your ? !" lol terrible assumption.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like some ppl just don't fully understand the genius behind the album
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »

I started with a 8 of 10 after my first listen. I'm now listening to the album every day and loving it. If I can get into the Ice Cube song, I won't have any skippable tracks anymore and will move my ranking up. I'm not feeling that one song yet.
  • Stew
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    Fosheezy wrote: »

I started with a 8 of 10 after my first listen. I'm now listening to the album every day and loving it. If I can get into the Ice Cube song, I won't have any skippable tracks anymore and will move my ranking up. I'm not feeling that one song yet.

Thats definitely my least fav. Was listening today and felt like the hook saved it.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    edited August 2015
    Options
    U can't tell @Stew nothing if u have an opinion over a rapper he adores, cherishes loves more than anything he will get crazy insecure

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

For these guys his stanning has no bounds yet will act how he does but deny he stanning

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    U can't tell @Stew nothing if u have an opinion over a rapper he adores, cherishes loves more than anything he will get crazy insecure

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

For these guys his stanning has no bounds yet will act how he does but deny he stanning

Yea I feel you on that one ..... @Stew always been a big ol ?
  • GunTown
    Options

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

It's in his blood he knows exactly how he is too it's just how he is as a person

Never met anyone as insecure as him
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

It's in his blood he knows exactly how he is too it's just how he is as a person

Now that's some real ass talk right there you feel me ....you got a good outlook on that guy .....but to me it's like his idol says

? AINT ?

• Stew
    Options
    Yall havin fun? Please take her away from my presence, thanks bro.
  • GunTown
    Options

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

Now that's some real ass talk right there you feel me ....you got a good outlook on that guy .....but to me it's like his idol says

? AINT ?

What is ? is he calls other people stans e.g. 50 Cent fans for example

Yet when he stans for his idols/Gods like T.I. or Outkast or Royce or Nas it's ok when he does it

If u a stan be a stan but don't be a damn hypocrite
  • GunTown
    Options

You said it, not me. No need to have a pissy reaction over my comment doggie....

Calling it like I see it.

Lol i never seen females even act like how he acts when it comes to his idols

Even females don't go this hard for their fave rappers
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

? AINT ?

Yet when he stans for his idols/Gods like T.I. or Outkast or Royce or Nas it's ok when he does it

Mann it's crazy cos I just told him this same damn thing like last week! But you know his ? ass AINT listen ....that's just what he do .... I don't know why but it's just in his blood ....idk about you but I kind of feel sorry for him....

It's pretty sad .....But that's crazy ... you see the same things that I see you know!
  • GunTown
    Options
    Only thing u can say though is atleast he not a big of a stan and groupie as Usmarine that fool loves Jay Z more than he loves his own mother

• Stew
    Options

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

? AINT ?

Mann it's crazy cos I just told him this same damn thing like last week! But you know his ? ass AINT listen ....that's just what he do .... I don't know why but it's just in his blood ....idk about you but I kind of feel sorry for him....

It's pretty sad .....But that's crazy ... you see the same things that I see you know!

You admitting to seeing the same things that Shadyteam see's lmaoooo u aint gettin the ? bruh. Good effort tho, keep trying and she may start hitting your inbox with local gangster rap youtubes from London.
  • GunTown
    Options
    Nipsey Hussle and Dr Dre need to do an album

Dre producing the whole album for Nipsey

To this day people don't realize how ill Nipsey is on the mic
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

T.I.
    Andre 3000
    Dr Dre
    Nas
    Royce

? AINT ?

You admitting to seeing the same things that Shadyteam see's lmaoooo u aint gettin the ? bruh. Good effort tho, keep trying and she may start hitting your inbox with local gangster rap youtubes from London.

^^^ you see this insecurity shady? Honestly I think he feeling you on the low and that's where all the pent up rage comes from ......

It's pretty wild tbh .....just a sad sad man ...smh!
  • GunTown
    Options
    Maybe he holds feelings from when i called him ugly
This discussion has been closed.