Dr. Dre- Compton- Official Album Discussion Thread (8/7/15)

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Maybe he holds feelings from when i called him ugly

Damn....

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_250.gif

That real ass talk u was dropping on his hoe ass was just too strong ...smh ......just don't make no damn sense
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was mad disappointed to see that Dre didn't do much of the producing on this album.
    YOU DO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEAT MAKING AND PRODUCING RIGHT ? LMAO.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was mad disappointed to see that Dre didn't do much of the producing on this album.
    YOU DO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEAT MAKING AND PRODUCING RIGHT ? LMAO.

Bruh he's only even credited as a producer on like half the tracks
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Connor spazzed on For The Love of the money
    My fav verse on the album

Say what's up to the broke ? at the rich party
    Who the ? let this ? in?
    Do I look like I give a ? ? Sorry
    Looking at these hoes and they gold digger gorgeous tryna get me
    I run game on a ? , one Mississippi two Mississippi
    Flint ? in the spot til they pop one and the cops come like (woo!)
    ? own a shotgun like a pop gun and they ready like yeah
    Still a good ? I'm a Northside ? til I'm gone
    Do it for the ones in the hood like Connor gon' put the city on
    ? that ? ? , ? that ? go
    Live for my hood, look this for my block
    Ride for the hood, gotta spit it like Pac
    I ain't got ? but I still feel good
    ? can't take what a ? don't got
    Go hard in the paint, you can tell em post up
    Homie in the hood like "let me hold something"
    Your mans in the hood talking all that ?
    When they ran up on him lil buddy froze up
    All they be talkin' but ain't saying nothing
    ? be talking that ain't what they want
    Ain't no fake ? around here
    Cause my ? my city is really as real as the ?
    I be killing this and not giving a ?
    You laugh at a ? , she get hid in the trunk
    You think this sound crazy, that's how I grew up
    So this for my people that's still in the cut
    EasyAce wrote: »
    Our culture and music seems go in cycles as the kids who represent it grow up.

1.First you get the nonsense but it sounds good ? -Wayne
    2.Then you get the dumb bang ya head ? -Waka
    3.Then you get the over the top bragadocious ? -Ross
    4.Then you get the elitist,flossing/im living better than you-Drake
    5.Then you get the wolves coming out-Durk and Chi movement
    6.Then you get the socially conscious ? ..-this person hasnt stepped up or been chosen yet, but thank ? this phase is on deck.

i been telling yall Jon Connor got next. When that album with aftermath drops he gonna get that shine he deserves.

I'm telling yall....
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I done listen to this entire album at least 4-5 times now. I can only find 1-2 skippable tracks on here. I give this Dr. Dre joint 9/10.

I'm surprised after 15+ yrs that Dre (those that helped him) could put together an album like this.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I will see the movie sunday and my uncle bumped this cd in his car and i was sold damn it.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listened to Anderson Paak's new album Venice today and was kinda disappointed.

Dre really brings out the beast in everyone he works with
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    Is The Chronic/2001/Compton the greatest trilogy in hip hop

People's instinctive travels/Low End Theory/Midnight Marauders is the correct answer

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    So I will see the movie sunday and my uncle bumped this cd in his car and i was sold damn it.

Welcome to the light.....
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread belongs in FOF
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LAAAAAWD, Kendrick's deep water verse

kellzmj-feat.jpg

That boy special, we're witnessing an all time great

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is The Chronic/2001/Compton the greatest trilogy in hip hop

Southernplayeristic/Atliens/Aquemini is the correct answer

The Dude/Just Tryn 2 Live/2 Tha Xtreme is the correct answer
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I listened to Anderson Paak's new album Venice today and was kinda disappointed.

What kinda album is it?
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The original beat for the chorus from the 2nd half of Darkside/Gone. This was posted on YouTube in February. You can hear the difference between the production that went into the album version vs the original creation. If you listen to the other beats on that playlist, Dre album would've sounded more like Dre had he used D.R.U.G.S. for more of the album. It may get taken down one day because he removed it from his soundcloud and a poster in the YouTube comments asked that it be taken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrDGchRR33o&list=PLDQuNkHoeMI-_vrfrhRd0hJ38ioJQdsD8&index=1
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

What kinda album is it?

@Stew

I'd say its generic pop/rnb by todays standards. He got like 3 edm tracks on there which confused me, couple trap beats, it could easily be a c breezy album musically. He only uses that kendrick voice he uses on Compton on like 2 songs. This one is my ? though,

http://youtu.be/d8gmI9y_wx0

Been getting alot of play recently
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

What kinda album is it?

@Stew

I'd say its generic pop/rnb by todays standards. He got like 3 edm tracks on there which confused me, couple trap beats, it could easily be a c breezy album musically. He only uses that kendrick voice he uses on Compton on like 2 songs. This one is my ? though,

http://youtu.be/d8gmI9y_wx0

Been getting alot of play recently

Came across this ? on Spotify a whole back. Dope. Wished his whole project was like this
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    The original beat for the chorus from the 2nd half of Darkside/Gone. This was posted on YouTube in February. You can hear the difference between the production that went into the album version vs the original creation. If you listen to the other beats on that playlist, Dre album would've sounded more like Dre had he used D.R.U.G.S. for more of the album. It may get taken down one day because he removed it from his soundcloud and a poster in the YouTube comments asked that it be taken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrDGchRR33o&list=PLDQuNkHoeMI-_vrfrhRd0hJ38ioJQdsD8&index=1

Read an interview with him. He spoke about this track. You could tell the admiration he had for Dre and hearin' it now I can see why.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The beat from the first half of this song is fire also, but once Eazy's mini verse hits........this song becomes a classic.

I can literally listen to it on repeat for an hour. It's that damn good.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited September 2015
    Options

Read an interview with him. He spoke about this track. You could tell the admiration he had for Dre and hearin' it now I can see why.

https://www.slantnews.com/story/2015-08-08-how-drugs-beats-got-to-work-on-dr-dres-first-album-in-16-years

https://www.slantnews.com/story/2015-08-07-exclusive-paul-mccartney-makes-more-money-on-compton-track-than-dr-dre

Decent read.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope album, played it a lot since it dropped. Intro and 1st track are tough so is Talking to My Diary. Good intros and outros on this album.

Other favorites are Genocide, Deep Water, It's All on Me.

gX8zdnr.gif
    ^^^me the moment I realized Animals is as good as you would hope a DJ Premier and Dr. Dre collaboration would be. That one is something special.

Despite all the ghostwriters, not a lot of memorable lyrics or quotables like Chronic and 2001. And I actually don't like how Dre sounds rapping Kendrick ghost verses. It's too blatant and doesn't sound natural.

Dope album but there's a handful of skips IMO. No album of the year or classic. Actually basically Dres first album that isn't a classic
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Actually basically Dres first album that isn't a classic

*ahem*

8plQ2jK.jpg
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still can't find this album smh
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How's the album after the hype die down?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    How's the album after the hype die down?

Still dope as hell to me. May skip a track or 2 but thats about it.
This discussion has been closed.