The Official 2015/2016 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Options

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12208723_10153333366312842_2990812341971094301_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=cf712509aa5ca223943afe70edbc00ab&oe=56BDC028[/img]
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This loss is on Quinn for that scary ass 4th down call and the OL for getting whooped all game.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    That was disgusting. Julio played well.....that's just about it. Nothing else to say

thank ? for the bye week.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey fellas, I'm just checking on you guys, seeing how y'all are doing down here in 2nd place. Everything copacetic?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    Hey fellas, I'm just checking on you guys, seeing how y'all are doing down here in 2nd place. Everything copacetic?

And you know it. See ya soon
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Quinn's interview about this fuckery going on. That 4th down call, more no-huddle for Matty Ice, reavulate Roddy's role & the defense.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/football/qa-with-dan-quinn-coach-doesnt-regret-decision/npJ9Z/?icmp=ajc_internallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Hopefully the staff at look at and fix what needs to be addressed.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bigduece69 wrote: »
    The bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Hopefully the staff at look at and fix what needs to be addressed.

Somebody needs to kick Shannahan in his ass about 17 and a half times. Outside of the 2 point playoff game, against NY, the Falcons NEVER struggled like this on offense.

Freeman struggled with 12 carries, Coleman got 1 carry 4 about 4 or 5 yards and we stopped running the ball. Coleman didn't get anymore touches. Why?

It wasn't like we were getting blown out & had to keep passing. It's not even like the passing game was working.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Took a while to cool off about this game but Im still a lil ? ,

Offense look bad. The fact that Ryan, White and Julio had a lil meeting after the game is not good. The problems raised with the hiring of Shanahan was his problems in the redzone, his teams have put up a lot of stats but dont score when in the redzone. He has brung those same problems to Atlanta. Offense has been too predictable, they giving up on the run too fast and he not letting Ryan run the no huddle. We have never had any problems scoring points.

Defense still has work to do, and they still having problems rushing the passer. But they have played well enough for us to win the 3 games we lost, and they played well enough to win sunday despite being down 3 key players.

I hope they make some adjustments over this bye week. Offense continue to regress and Quinn may have to move on from Shanahan this offseason.

• numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    ^^^^^^^

Cathedral
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2015
    Options
    HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!

Devin Hester returned to practice today. Eligible for return December 6th. Bout dam time

081915-falcons-CC10.jpg
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Everybody is playing Sunday except for Hester & Therezie

Good to know that all of the starters are healthy & well rested. A-town needs to bring their A game on this last stretch. Hester will be back by the Tampa game.

http://mobile.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/Therezie-Only-Falcon-Ruled-Out-for-Colts-Game/22af6ed8-00be-4a2b-964b-21ea4d34f83e
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Gotta get back on track, I see they are moving Beasley to the left side on passing downs to see if he will have better results against the RT. At least they trying something.

That boy Shanahan is not backing down. Dude says all he thinks about is trying to get Julio Jones the ball.

Quote: "The main thing is, I don't think about balancing out passes," Shanahan said. "I think about trying to get the ball to Julio (Jones), for the most part"

Not sounding like he will try to get everybody else involved, but we will see. Doubt we see the offense run at a faster pace either.

Getting Hester back is going to be a big boost. A couple of those Weems runs would have been TD's if Hester was back there.

Im looking for us to go 6-2/4-3 over these last 7 games. If the offense can get back on track we will be aight.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    One thing he was right about was all of the turnovers. They gotta tighten up. We need a Center too. Every snap is taking away one second in the pocket. It's throwing off the timing on Matt's passes. I think Vic should stay on the right side permanently. Sign a proven LEO AND Bruce Irving this offseason as well as resign Schofield and Clayborn.
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need the offense to wake up and hopefully Freeman isn't too banged up.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm going to stay optimistic as possible. Matt Ryan is a top 20 QB. Is that good enough lol?

Luckily, everyone else in the conference is garbage(with the exception of about 3 or 4 teams). So that wild card spot is still there. Need to win some games though.

Put Roddy in the slot. He won't drop those passes that Hank did. Defense was fine. The offense gave Indy 10 points.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Matt gonna keep playing like this the season over he been in the league too long to be making these silly ass mistakes.

I'm not trying to be too critical of Vic since he a rookie but he ain't even getting close to sacks anymore he gotta work on that.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2015
    Options
    We gotta keep going after pass-rushers until we find 2. All I know is Arthur Blank won't put up with too much of this ? . Coleman is killing me. Matt is well......a top 20 QB. Julio had a corner beat on a deep route in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. Pass was 10 yards short. That 30 yard Hail Mary pass at the end of the game tho....They're going to have to simplify the offense for him.

Hankerson won't be resigned. Shannahan is gone in 2 years tops.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bucs comin for that Wild Card spot
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pretty much sums it up
    Posted by Darin Gantt

on November 30, 2015,

10:52 AM EST

Falcons owner Arthur Blank and coach Dan Quinnexpressed confidence in quarterback Matt Ryan after yesterday’s latest loss.

Veteran wide receiver Roddy White took a whole lot more of a pragmatic approach to the situation, when asked about the possibility of benching Ryan.

“Who else we going to put in there? That’s going to be our quarterback forever,” White said, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com. “Isn’t going to ever happen. All that speculation, you might want to ? that. We’re going to play better. So let’s nip that in the bud.”

Of course they’re not going to fix the problem by putting former seventh-rounder Sean Renfree in the game, but there’s clearly a problem that needs to be fixed.

The Falcons have lost five of their last six and four in a row, and the issue has been on the side of the ball they used to be able to trust the most.

In running out to a 5-0 start, the Falcons were averaging 32.4 points per game. Then they turned ice cold, with that number becoming 16.3 per game over the last six. They didn’t get to the end zone until the final two minutes against the Vikings, when it was already too late.

“To tell you the truth, our defense is playing really well, to me,” White said. “They’re getting stops. They’re getting turnovers. They’re allowing 20 points or less. We’re supposed to win those games, with the talent we’ve got on offense.

“Those guys [the defense] gave up 10 points over three and a half quarters against the Vikings, and we’re over here and we’ve got three points. We had three points until 1:30 left on the clock. That can’t happen. Can’t ever happen; not with the talent we’ve got. Our guys are too good.”

Or at least they used to be. The Falcons still have a chance to turn things around, but with a pair of games against the undefeated Panthers left, they better hurry if they want to matter down the stretch.

http://profootballta...partner=ya5nbcs
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers....

I hope Shanahan is fired at the end of the year.

We are probably gonna have to take a game from the Panthers, and beat the Buc's, Aint's and Jags to make the playoffs, even though I think the Seahawks are going to finish 8-8. We gotta atleast win 3 of the next 5 to have a chance.
  • ya boi g
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Click that link and check out that article, good read...... Even brung up that first drive last week where Shanahan called 3 str8 plays too Roddy, like he was trying to be funny. Blew a drive trying to make a point.
    I wanted to trim down on that quote, but there is so much there that is reminiscent of the rumor that Shanahan started the Colts game with three straight passes to Roddy White to quiet the critics. The entire drive was allegedly wasted just so fans, and Roddy White, would stop asking for Roddy to be more involved in the offense.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/12/1/9820316/kyle-shanahan-quarterback-killer

Shanahan gotta go....
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Shannahan either BUT Matt Ryan doesn't get a pass from me. Not anymore bro....

Vikings coach said Matt Ryan has troubles going through his progressions after the 1st read.

100 million dollar QB. Not some overpaid ? . This is supposed to be a top 10 QB hands down, no argument at all. Why in the ? are you throwing the ball in the endzone, across your body, while running? Some of his picks are flat out college freshman mistakes.