The Official 2015/2016 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Options

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Allen didnt even play until ? Mo got hurt. Look forward to an early draft pick or trade for a FS next season

We need Person back ASAP. Stone just not that guy. That fumble was some bs. There was a lot of slow floating ass snaps as well.

Worrilow will be a backup next year but Brees exposed that cover 3 just as much as he did Worrilow.

Pass-blocking being below average is nothing new.

Defense carried the team for the 6th game str8 but due to the 2 fumbles in the redzone & blocked punt, you can only contain Brees for so long without more than 7 dam points from your offense.

• numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hard to overcome that many turnovers in the red zone and still expect to win. Also no matter what the record is, Drew Brees always tend to give us fits at least once a year. It was all just a difference of energy. They had Gleason in the building for support and just had more intensity throughout the game.

Good thing is they got 10 days to prepare for Tennessee and I'm sure they're going to solidify the center position if Person can't come back. Actually I'm excited about the next game. I'm driving my son up to Nashville to see them play live for his birthday and I know they're going to come out swinging.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they sign another center before Monday, cause outside of Tevin Coleman fumbling, James Stones singlehandedly impacted the flow of the offense. For me it don't matter that they lost, I just hate they lost to the Aints.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @numbaz...80's baby -1b6fcb6246dde7f0.JPG

Here you go bruh! One week like always. See you again on Nov 14th.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well we knew we wasnt gonna win 16 games. Just hate losing to the Aints, and in prime time the way that we did. I had to remind my homeboy that we played them ? at 9-0 a few years ago and lost.

We still struggle against good TE's, cant cover the middle of the field and we cant get a consistent pass rush. I really wish these fools would have went out and got a proven pass rusher. A consistent pass rush would fix some of the issue they have defending the pass.

Oh well. On to the next game. We have some time to get healthy and get back on track. Hopefully Durant is back for the Tenn game.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Well we knew we wasnt gonna win 16 games. Just hate losing to the Aints, and in prime time the way that we did. I had to remind my homeboy that we played them ? at 9-0 a few years ago and lost.

We still struggle against good TE's, cant cover the middle of the field and we cant get a consistent pass rush. I really wish these fools would have went out and got a proven pass rusher. A consistent pass rush would fix some of the issue they have defending the pass.

Oh well. On to the next game. We have some time to get healthy and get back on track. Hopefully Durant is back for the Tenn game.

Thats why most of the FAs are on 1 year contracts. Cant rebuild the entire team in one year. I'm pretty sure some $ will be spent on a pass-rusher this offseason since Vic isnt quite ready yet.

FS & MLB will be 1st & 2nd round picks. I can see them trading up for 2 2nd round picks to get an O-lineman as well.

I want Justin Hardy off of the practice squad cuz Hankerson starting to slick ? me off with his drops.

Nick Williams is a reliable little guy that can play the slot.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Coach Quinn said Justin Durant & Person returned to practice this week. That means better pass-blocking in the interior & a lot less ? -poor snaps (no fumbles on the snap either).

I'd like for Quinn to bench Paul or at least just make him a 2 down LB. He made Watson look like a hall of fame TE Thursday.

Reed, Durant & Schofield is a much better LB core.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Coach Quinn said Justin Durant & Person returned to practice this week. That means better pass-blocking in the interior & a lot less ? -poor snaps (no fumbles on the snap either).

I'd like for Quinn to bench Paul or at least just make him a 2 down LB. He made Watson look like a hall of fame TE Thursday.

Durant being back will help us with coverage.

I was reading that Jarrett has earned more PT....... I would like to see him and Babs on the inside with Beasley and Clayborn on the outside on pass downs. They need to try something.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

Durant being back will help us with coverage.

I was reading that Jarrett has earned more PT....... I would like to see him and Babs on the inside with Beasley and Clayborn on the outside on pass downs. They need to try something.

That pass-rush, along with FS, won't be fixed until this offseason.
  • ya boi g
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have signed linebacker Philip Wheeler and have released safety Charles Godfrey.

Wheeler, 6-2, 245 pounds was originally selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round (93rd overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Georgia Tech. Wheeler played in 61 games with 24 starts for the Colts, and recorded 141 total tackles (62 solo). In 2012, he was signed by the Oakland Raiders and started all 16 games, tallying 109 total tackles, three sacks and two forced fumbles. Wheeler spent the last two seasons with the Miami Dolphins, where he played in 31 games with 20 starts and posted 164 total tackles (118 solo).

Godfrey, 5-11, 210 pounds, was originally selected by the Carolina Panthers in the third round (67th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Iowa. He was originally signed by the Falcons as a free agent on October 28, 2014 after spending six-plus seasons in Carolina.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Falcons-Sign-LB-Wheeler-Release-S-Godfrey/58bd49a6-f190-4c9e-8b06-d3ffab6bee5a

• numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Durant, Justin - Elbow - (LP)
    Hankerson, Leonard - Ribs/Hamstring - (LP)
    Moore, William - Hand - (FP)
    Person, Mike - Ankle - (LP)
    Weems, Eric - Knee - (LP)
    White, Roddy - Foot - (LP)

No Julio....
  • bigduece69
    Options
    It's surprising to not see Julio on the report. I hope he's able to dominate this Sunday.
  • bigduece69
    Options
    If the Falcons were the Hawks.

• numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I seen it on the Book 2day. That ? is wack lol.
  • bigduece69
    Options
    I thought all them were dope except for Miami's. It would be nice to see a one game crossover between leagues. Especially since of the throwbacks they do look hideous.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    bigduece69 wrote: »
    I thought all them were dope except for Miami's. It would be nice to see a one game crossover between leagues. Especially since of the throwbacks they do look hideous.

That would be dope.....

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should've lost this game with those ? calls on 3rd and 4th down at the GL but the defense bailed em out.

Matt gotta figure out whatever he got going on cause these low throws are starting to ? me off.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I don't think it has been mentioned but the Nick Williams pick up was great. Justin Hardy better bring his A game or he'll end up just being good depth.

Matt Ryan was one of the best "middle tier" QBs before the season started. Now he's looking like a top 15/20 QB. He needs to get his ? together.

Defensive won the game again. I've said that every dam week & I'm tired of saying it.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Yea that was an ugly win but a win is a win......

Falcons gotta start trusting Freeman and this run game and give him the ball on these short yardage plays. Still putting the ball in the air on 3rd and 2, and at the goal line.

Defense won the game again this week. Look like we gonna have to blitz more to get pressure, forced two turnovers when we blitzed yesterday. Actually 3 if you count the turnover on downs. Cant continue to let QB's sit in the pocket. Need to see them dial up more pressure.

Therezie looking like a good pickup.

Falcons gotta get this offense back on track. Nick Williams looking like a good pickup, he made 2 good plays yesterday. And with Hankerson dropping ? and getting hurt we might finally see Justin Hardy be active.

Bryant still missing field goals.

• numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yea that was an ugly win but a win is a win......

Falcons gotta start trusting Freeman and this run game and give him the ball on these short yardage plays. Still putting the ball in the air on 3rd and 2, and at the goal line.

Defense won the game again this week. Look like we gonna have to blitz more to get pressure, forced two turnovers when we blitzed yesterday. Actually 3 if you count the turnover on downs. Cant continue to let QB's sit in the pocket. Need to see them dial up more pressure.

Therezie looking like a good pickup.

Falcons gotta get this offense back on track. Nick Williams looking like a good pickup, he made 2 good plays yesterday. And with Hankerson dropping ? and getting hurt we might finally see Justin Hardy be active.

Bryant still missing field goals.

Hopefully Hankerson improves on those drops because he can easily be Roddy's replacement. From what I read, Hardy is a little slow learning the playbook. He's a slot receiver & won't be the reason Hank is benched. Julio, Hank, Williams & Hardy is supposed to be our future receiving core.

I chalked up Bryant's missed FG to it being a 50 yard kick in the rain. The offense will be fine. Coach Kyle needs to stop trying to be cute.

The pass-blocking is below average & its no secret. I seen a lot of 3 & outs due to 3 passing plays in a row. That's flat out ? .

I'd like to see what Jake Long can do at Guard. Matt needs more time in the pocket.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    FS Charles Godfrey has been resigned for the 3rd time this season. That has to be some type of record.

LB Allen Bradford has been released as well.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    The released Allan Bradford? Probably gonna start seeing Wheeler on special teams and probably see him slowly start to get some PT.

Charles Godfrey being resigned yet again probably means ? Mo not gonna be dressed this week.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Mo better stay healthy & stop missing tackles. He's looking real expendable right now. We got 3 safeties playing on rookie contracts & 1 released then resigned every 3 weeks playing for the vet minimum. All of them contribute just as much as he does because they actually are healthy & stay on the field.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So Joe Hawley is the Buc's Center?

Definitely a weakness in their O-line. Stop the run like we always do and keep pressure up the middle.

No Vincent Jackson so if Trufant continues to shut down WRs, we should be fine.

If I know coach Kutty, once we stop the run he's going to call 75 passing plays. Game shouldn't even be close.