The Official 2015/2016 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Options

Comments

• bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just hope with Roddy speaking out against getting more touches, Matt Ryan don't try to force him passes at the risk of causing turnovers.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    INJURY REPORT

NAMEINJURYSTATUS

Allen,
    Ricardo (S)

Knee

Probable

Coleman,
    Tevin (RB)

Ribs

Probable

Durant,
    Justin (LB)

Elbow

Out

Hankerson,
    Leonard (WR)

Thumb

Probable

Jones,
    Julio (WR)

Toe/Hamstring

Questionable

Reed,
    Brooks (OLB)

Groin

Probable

Tamme,
    Jacob (TE)

Concussion

Probable

White,
    Roddy (WR)

Non-Injury Related

Probable
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    We have to slow down running game and make Cousins beat us in the air.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ruff game, but Ryan usually have at least one of these every year.

Whole offense was out of sync today tho. Freeman got off but even he had a fumble that we were lucky to get back....

Run defense looked good today.....

Dont wanna hear Roddy complain about not getting targets. Ryan has thrown 3 int's this year trying to get that MF the ball.

Big play by the D in OT.... Alford made up for the PI....

I know one thing, they gone give me a heart attack
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahem... Victory clap?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    1st off lets keep it all the way live.

Matt Ryan played like ? again with the exception of that last drive and I havent been impressed all season tbh.

Julio Jones needs to sit for a few weeks. His hamstring making him dam near useless out there for the last 2 weeks.

Run-blocking was great, pass-blocking was below average.

Roddy got his touches and made some key catches at the end of regulation after Hankerson got hurt.

Freeman carried the offense by himself.

The defense won the game again.

The refs are pieces of ? . That wasnt no dam pass interference.

That "possession after the catch" rule is flat out ? . That needs to be change. Cost Freeman that touchdown & almost cost us the game, knowing dam well that was a catch.

Matt Bryant's 2 missed FGs was awful but he's long over due for a pass.

I saw Vic half ass'n more than a few times in the 1st half.

Durant's absence was truely missed. Hopefully he comes back from his injury ASAP.

Aii, i'm done Venting. I cant say it was a good game. All I can say was it was a game. That ? was dam near pitiful.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julio's hamstring ain't gonna get better till after the season the best they do is watch his snaps and limit him in practice. He probably won't play on Thursday tho so Hank and Roddy gotta step up.

Yesterday was just a ? up day for the offense I wouldn't put too much into it but the defense dominated outside of that horrible last drive.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Sit Julio at week 8 & he'll be fine after the bye.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    "My mentality is that no one can bring me down, and the offensive line's mindset is that they aren't going to let anyone touch me," Freeman said. "When they do their jobs it makes everyone look good. It starts with them."

• numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • ya boi g
    Options
    None of the Aints fans I know wanna bet on the game this Thursday. Fickle ass fans, lol..... I bet even when we not that good.

We on a short week, its in N.O, Its a rivalry game and Julio Jones hurt. MF's still dont wanna bet....

I expect us to win this game tho, even if Jones doesnt play.... Hope we kick they ass
  • ya boi g
    Options
    http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/10/12/9514873/so-who-really-has-had-the-easiest-schedule

I really wish I would have went to school to be a sports journalist. Where else can you talk stupid, make blanket statements based purely on your opinion instead of facts, and let your blind homerism run rampant?

Right about now you're asking yourself "What's got this guy so fired up?", well hang in there, because I'm going to show you...

So here is the combined records of opponents beaten this season and average scores per game:

Patriots 8-11 (.420) 37.25-19

Falcons 10-15 (.400) 32.4-22.4

Bengals 8-16 (.333) 29.6-20.2

Packers 8-17 (.320) 27.4-16.2

Panthers 5-15 (.250) 27-17.75

Broncos 6-18 (.250) 22.6-15.8

The reason I bring this up is because as I was driving home from work today, some (expletive deleted)-head on the radio here in Wisconsin was just going off on how good the Packers have been, and how Atlanta hasn't beaten anyone. He went on to completely prove that he only looked at the final score of our game by saying "Washington went down there and put it on Atlanta... they haven't done anything to impress me". First off, we made so many mistakes, that game could have easily been 30 plus to 16 at the end if we didn't turn it over twice in the redzone and miss 2 fgs. Secondly, we held the #1 rushing offense to a 2.1 yard avg and right around 50 yards. A team avg 140 ypg before they met us to a third of their rushing output, in a game that they could have leaned on their running game because it was close.

Okay, so even if you want to keep playing the "Atlanta has had an easy schedule card", that's fine, but let's not pretend that Green Bay has been pounding on the cream of the crop. Let's take a look at their resume.

Green Bay Packers

1265 Lombardi Ave

Green Bay, WI, 54304

Professional football team since 1921. 715 wins and 13 championships (4 Super Bowl Titles).

2015 Professional Experience

-5 wins... none of which coming against a team with a winning record!

-Wins against such superstar QB's as Jay Cutler, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Nick Foles, and Alex Smith!

-Wins against the 21st, 26th, 27th, 30th, and 31st ranked passing offenses in the league!

-Boasting the 29th ranked rush defense, giving up a measly 5 yards per carry!

-Scoring a blistering 27 points a game vs. the 9th, 16th, 27th, 28th, 29th ranked scoring defenses!

So, this is mostly all in good fun, but I'm repeatedly amazed at how uneducated all these guys are who make a lot of money analyzing and talking about football. Do I think Green Bay is a good team? Of course, but when you break it down, they're really not the light years ahead of the rest of the NFC like some would have you believe. I guess I'm sick of hearing how "easy" the Falcons schedule has been, when in reality, it's just plain false. In fact, thus far they have had the 2nd hardest schedule of all the unbeaten teams! But we would never want facts to get in the way of our Green Bay/New England Super Bowl crash course, now would we?

<em>This FanPost was written by one of The Falcoholic's ta
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Quoted & GOAT'd sir

Reposting this....
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    INJURY Report

Durant,
    Justin (LB)Elbow Out

Freeman,
    Devonta (RB)Toe Probable

Hankerson,
    Leonard (WR)Ribs Probable

Jones,
    Julio (WR)Toe/Hamstring Probable

Person,
    Mike (G)Ankle Out

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    None of the Aints fans I know wanna bet on the game this Thursday. Fickle ass fans, lol..... I bet even when we not that good.

We on a short week, its in N.O, Its a rivalry game and Julio Jones hurt. MF's still dont wanna bet....

I expect us to win this game tho, even if Jones doesnt play.... Hope we kick they ass

AVI bet........................whats up? I know you aint talking about fickle ass fans from what I just heard on the radio and my coworkers. MFer waiting to break out there jerseys and hats until after the Saints game. Scared that L will leave them exposed.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

AVI bet........................whats up? I know you aint talking about fickle ass fans from what I just heard on the radio and my coworkers. MFer waiting to break out there jerseys and hats until after the Saints game. Scared that L will leave them exposed.

I'll take that bet.
  • caddo man
    edited October 2015
    Options

I'll take that bet.

SOooooooooooo........................lets go ahead and setup that arky vs LSU avi bet too. While we are in a betting mood.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2015
    Options

I'll take that bet.

SOooooooooooo........................lets go ahead and setup that arky vs LSU avi bet too. While we are in a betting mood.

Lol yea......

? our QB tho. You might as well send me that lsu avi now
  • caddo man
    edited October 2015
    Options

I'll take that bet.

Lol yea......

? our QB tho. You might as well send me that lsu avi now

Nope Arky has burnt me too many times. I am not counting that game until it happen.
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only issue is center miscues and Coleman not holding on to the ball. If they can hold on to the ball we win this game. Luckily we're only down by seven.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Welp, that was some ? . On to the next game
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Blocked punt

2 fumbles in the redzone

Ben Watson

But ? all that. The reason why we lost is because 4 the 1st time all season, we played a team that brought more intensity than our squad.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing that concerns me long term is the ability to cover the middle of the field Worrilow was getting dusted by Ben Waston old ass and Willymo and Allen haven't done anything the last couple of weeks.

Alot of the other ? can be attributed to the quick turnaround from the OT game Sunday .