Is Eminem a considered a legend to black rsp fans

Options

Comments

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GunTown nobody gives af abt singing rappers in hip hop except u ?

Sn: saw fetty wap perform live without autotune ? was as terrible as ya posting
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Believe it or not, sales do matter in legendary talk.

In 50 - 100 years when talk of hip hop takes place, Eminem's name will be brought up and his record sales within our art form will be mentioned.

The one white boy that came in our culture and became the best selling rapper of all time and the second best selling solo artist of all time behind Garth Brooks.

43 million albums cannot be easily reproduced. The way of the world means a white boy can use hip hop to do this. White privilege.

And he only managed this by directly appealing to the WW pop audience by sending shots at popular artist of that particular time. White people found it amusing. More white privilege.

Please remember, a black rapper couldn't go at Britney Spears and Taylor Swifts without a major backlash and probably ending his/her career.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I can't get into Eminem, but he couldn't have managed it if he couldn't hold his own as a rapper.

The boy can rap, he's white and he found a way into pop culture.

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I can't get into Eminem, but he couldn't have managed it if he couldn't hold his own as a rapper.

The boy can rap, he's white and he found a way into pop culture.

cosign
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    we had this thread already. stop trying to discredit popular artist because u have a personal issue with them. Em made his impact in the game already. now its time for one of these new ? to step in. I hate yall ? .

co-sign

just some crazy Hermit IC ? on here

T/S got to much emotion, racist thread
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Yeah but not as high as his white washed fanbase thinks.

Eminem has had a Charlie Sheen-ish career. He did some things, cause some scandals, but he really never had a classic movie.

to the people who go outside hes had classic albums

dumb ? logic like this killed the IC
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imo as a black man I have no problem calling him a legend....I wouldn't call him a goat tho but to say he ain't a legend is just hate
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Eminem has had a Charlie Sheen-ish career. He did some things, cause some scandals, but he really never had a classic movie.

tumblr_m6ujcgtoAh1rxm1ywo1_400.gif
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Options

tumblr_m6ujcgtoAh1rxm1ywo1_400.gif

SSLP, others like MMLP//eminem show

if tupacs "All Eyez on Me" filler galore album can be considered a classic on the IC one of those albums is certainly a classic

racism and personal grudges blind you hermits
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His First 3 Albums (Including Infinite) Were Tolerable) But After That His Sound Was Nails On A Chalkboard
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Before Eminem who was rapping/singing about regular everyday average person issues like parenting, depression, family troubles, welfare backround, love, marriage

Then u have other regular content rappers rapping/singing about the same content like Kid Cudi, B.o.B

Never heard of 2pac what about all the countless rappers that came before him that did the same/similar thing
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one should ever question the legacies of

Eazy E
    Dre
    Cube
    LL
    Rakim
    Pac
    Big
    Jay
    Wu tang
    Snoop
    Em
    Wayne
    Kanye

There's more but damn to say any of those dudes aren't legends is just crazy. Thank those dudes for the legendary music they put out
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em a legend off impact. First white boy that really had that go.
  • gemini86
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    His First 3 Albums (Including Infinite) Were Tolerable) But After That His Sound Was Nails On A Chalkboard

Eminem show (his 4th) was his best album to me. His other projects weren't bad. He played around a lot for the other albums and then he got into that super hero rap ? . But I still ? with it
  • zzombie
    Options
    Em is a legend to white people
  • gemini86
    Options
    There's a difference be between "hottest rapper" and legendary rapper. Eminem was hot for a minute. He a dope lyricist. When u say legend, though, your music has to be timeless. Tell me which one of yall ? is bumping "my name is"??

really thats the song u pick? i can still bump MMLP and the Eminem show like it came out yesterday. i can rap all the lyrics to alot of his songs. stop being a hater
  • zzombie
    Options
    There's a difference be between "hottest rapper" and legendary rapper. Eminem was hot for a minute. He a dope lyricist. When u say legend, though, your music has to be timeless. Tell me which one of yall ? is bumping "my name is"??

really thats the song u pick? i can still bump MMLP and the Eminem show like it came out yesterday. i can rap all the lyrics to alot of his songs. stop being a hater

You and nobody else. Once again what really makes a legend is the influence The legend his on the art form.
  • gemini86
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

You and nobody else. Once again what really makes a legend is the influence The legend his on the art form.

he did just as much for the art form as jayz, if not maybe more. he created the first hiphop channel on satellite radio pushing the genre forward. His music broke barriers and milestones in hiphop. He put on 50 (another legend) and allowed him also to push the genre forward.
  • zzombie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

he did just as much for the art form as jayz, if not maybe more. he created the first hiphop channel on satellite radio pushing the genre forward. His music broke barriers and milestones in hiphop. He put on 50 (another legend) and allowed him also to push the genre forward.

None of that ? changed how anybody spit and his radio station was not the first hip-hop based station. What barriers?? Hip-hop was popular among whites before him.
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a legend...never been a fan tho