Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    We don't give a ? about that white boy coming from poverty .White poverty is not like black poverty..different race different experiences

But the same funemental struggles lack of money, struggling to pay bills, living in cheap housing, living around crime, struggling to pay rent, getting by on welfare

But u are also wrong in this case as Eminem grew up in a black hood populated by blacks

Nope sorry it's not the same at all you can grow up around members of a different race but that does not mean anything you are still what you are and your perspective will naturally be different from the people around you.

poor white trash and poor ghetto black people only share poverty , the reasons why they are there are totally different.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    ovoCapo wrote: »
    @LikeWater I'll give u props u atleast explained yourself even though u were vague as hell

Rather than pretending like half his discography isn't relatable, deep, emotional, personal songs

U not insecure to admit he does have deep songs or troll like he doesn't

I just think if u a ? hip-hop fan u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs in a dark, gritty, ? way like how Nas, Scarface, 2pac, Joe Budden, Outkast, Wu Tang, Dead Prez, Public Enemy present it

Where as if u a music fan, a fan of catchy music u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs how Eminem, B.o.B, Drake, Kid Cudi, Kate Perry, Justin Beiber, Adele Micheal Jackson prersent it

Shut upppppp u dont kno ? . Eminem ? is hard for black person to relate to . I think hes corny jus appeals to the crackaz. Dont ever compare pac to this craka again he ? up pa legacy wit that ? i kno that ? did it on purpose . U a ? wtf u kno bout hiphop

Not from Pakistan

Know more about hip-hop and music than u do

U a troll but i'll bite

So there's no blacks that are proud parents and love their kids like Eminem does? (Mockinbird, Hailie's Song, When I'm Gone)

There's no blacks that love their mothers like Eminem loves his and made a song dedicated to loving his? (Headlights)

There's no blacks that grew up in poverty in public housing/section 8 housing in the inner city? (Rock Bottom, 8 MIle Road, If I Had, Lose Yourself)

There's no blacks that grew up in a single parent home like Eminem did? (Sing For The Moment, Cleaqning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that ever been divorced, been cheated on, broken up with a partner? (Stronger Than I Was, Spacebound, Love You More, Crazy In Love)

There's no blacks that ever been through depression (Beautiful, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes)

There's no blacks that hate the system, opressive government (We As Americans, Mosh, Square Dance)

There's no blacks lost a friend in the streets (Like Toy Soldiers, You're Never Over, Difficult)

There's no blacks who ever caught a case and had issues with the law? (Soldier)

There's no blacks who ever ? bad ? (Superman, So Bad)

There's no blacks who over came drug addiction? (Not Afraid, Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Beautiful)

There's no blacks who ever had an argument and been kicked out by their mother? (Cleaning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that are motivated to make it to the top and escape their struggles? (Gut's Over Fear, Till I Collapse, King's Never Die, Lose Yourself)

It doesn't matter if the subject is relatable if the presentation doesn't resonate with the listener. I don't know what's so difficult about understanding that concept. It's rather rudimentary.

You Eminem zealots will forgo common sense and objectivity if someone doesn't hail him as a savior or some ? . Smh. It's annoying as ? and another reason we (black folks and hip-hop heads) don't like him -- because his fanbase truly is made up of stans.

But u the only 1 who has ever ever actually bothered to explain yourself and said it doesn't matter if the subject matter is relatable if the presintation doesn't resonate with u. And LabBaby too recently he did as well

Nothing hard to get about that have no issues with u for not liking him because of the presintation

But unlike u and a few other good dudes like @5th letter who not fans like that but will atleast explain why they don't like the deep songs

Most the IC pretend as if the deep songs don't exist it's just those trolls i hate

Yo @GunTown it's apparent Eminem has had a profound effect on u. Cool. You feel his "deep" songs. Got u. Him being your favorite rapper does nit mean he is a legend. It definitely doesn't mean he would be a legend to Black rap fans, which is what the topic is. Are you Black?? If not, how could u really have an opinion on what Black people think??

@Stew you're in Atlanta, right?? When was the last time you heard anyone in Atlanta that was Black bump any song from Eminem that wasn't Lose Yourself and wasn't in the gym or a workout environment?? Is he a dope rapper?? Absolutely. But he's sold a large amount of albums mainly for the same reason Baseball continues to be popular, even though it's boring as ? : it's because Whites want a person that looks like them that they can cheer for. Ever wonder why many Whites claim to hate the NBA?? Take a guess...

What's funny is I heard the TES coming out of a window from one the hoodest ? apt complexs I've ever worked out of that I've never seen a white person in off of Hollywood Rd and it's happened other times, even posted about it right after it happened last time but y'all know everything and know every black person in the world apparently lol

I've seen the same thing in hood and non-hood Black neighborhoods, I live in one and my high school was mostly Black and Hispanic, Eminem for the most part got love among Blacks I knew. I've seen this from hood dudes to regular people. Not as much love as some others true, but enough to be respected. The songs 50 made with Eminem were especially popular. When 50 and others made songs with him, I almost never heard hate for him. Only on the IC did I first start seeing a lot of hate for him....rarely have heard this in person. I find that interesting.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    We don't give a ? about that white boy coming from poverty .White poverty is not like black poverty..different race different experiences

But the same funemental struggles lack of money, struggling to pay bills, living in cheap housing, living around crime, struggling to pay rent, getting by on welfare

But u are also wrong in this case as Eminem grew up in a black hood populated by blacks

Nope sorry it's not the same at all you can grow up around members of a different race but that does not mean anything you are still what you are and your perspective will naturally be different from the people around you.

poor white trash and poor ghetto black people only share poverty , the reasons why they are there are totally different.

Of course there is differences but the fundementals being the same was my point

• kingblaze84
    Options
    @kingblaze84 u are obviously a cool dude, quite mature, not a troll unlike most the IC

Do u think alot of blacks that don't like his music think he lying and he never really grew up poor, never grew up in a welfare home, never struggled working minumum wage jobs, never was homeless, never grew up in a single parent home, never grew up in section 8

Because for alotta people it seems like it is hard to believe a white person actually came from the struggle and poverty and went through all them struggles

Funny enough @Usmarin said he feels Eminem is lying an obvious known troll and known idiot but i can't help but think some on the IC actually do think this

Thanks man.....

And yeah I do believe many Blacks are unaware that many Whites are broke and can be poor as hell. I guess that's why some Blacks can't really believe his stories but I've seen broke White prostitutes with kids not too far from them. I seen some crazy ? and from my travels, have seen that many Whites are poor and some doing way worse then some Blacks.

As I've said here before, I think many people here don't go outside much or stay in their hood without being aware of what's out there. I do understand why so many Blacks hate Whites and will never take Em seriously, I get that part. Whites have been a pretty evil race for such a long time that anything a white rapper does won't be enough.

But if more Blacks appreciate the TALENT, and focus on that, I can't see why Eminem's legendary status should be denied. Even if one doesn't like his music, they should respect how much he's done for Hip-Hop by putting on 50, Royce, and a whole bunch of others. He has way more deeper songs then Lil Wayne, Future, Meek Mill or some of these other mainstream artists out here, that's for ? sure.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2015
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    ? this thread but lemme ask this. DO yall think if another white artist was in Ems place on aftermath, would they have the same success. Paul wall, bubba, keayshawn, macklemore? i highly doubt it. theres something special about eminem. its ok to give him his props. dude is a legend

You gonna hear crickets now.....but co-sign
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Same ? here who will bash Eminem will praise a wack ass Meek Mill album or lyrically sub-par Future album HAHA lol smh.....#welcometotheIC
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Remember this the IC that back 2002/2003 when Em was the biggest Music Artist on the planet said that 11K Selling Benzino had more black fans buying his albums.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo, dude prolly has what 8-9 albums and I like maybe 5 songs of his...Lol how is that legendary?...Nobody will say he has 0 black fans cmon now, but he's not heavy in the black demo....
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    @kingblaze84 u are obviously a cool dude, quite mature, not a troll unlike most the IC

Do u think alot of blacks that don't like his music think he lying and he never really grew up poor, never grew up in a welfare home, never struggled working minumum wage jobs, never was homeless, never grew up in a single parent home, never grew up in section 8

Because for alotta people it seems like it is hard to believe a white person actually came from the struggle and poverty and went through all them struggles

Funny enough @Usmarin said he feels Eminem is lying an obvious known troll and known idiot but i can't help but think some on the IC actually do think this

Thanks man.....

And yeah I do believe many Blacks are unaware that many Whites are broke and can be poor as hell. I guess that's why some Blacks can't really believe his stories but I've seen broke White prostitutes with kids not too far from them. I seen some crazy ? and from my travels, have seen that many Whites are poor and some doing way worse then some Blacks.

As I've said here before, I think many people here don't go outside much or stay in their hood without being aware of what's out there. I do understand why so many Blacks hate Whites and will never take Em seriously, I get that part. Whites have been a pretty evil race for such a long time that anything a white rapper does won't be enough.

But if more Blacks appreciate the TALENT, and focus on that, I can't see why Eminem's legendary status should be denied. Even if one doesn't like his music, they should respect how much he's done for Hip-Hop by putting on 50, Royce, and a whole bunch of others. He has way more deeper songs then Lil Wayne, Future, Meek Mill or some of these other mainstream artists out here, that's for ? sure.

He has more deep songs than any other mainstream rapper. Only a few rappers in history have more deep songs like Z-Ro, Bone Thugs, Kid Cudi

If I Had, Rock Bottom, The Way I Am, Stan, Marshall Mathers, Who Knew, Hailie's Song, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Cleaning Out My Closet, White America, Square Dance, Sing For The Moment, Till I Collapse, Soldier, Drips, Lose Yourself, 8 Mile Road, Rabbit Run, Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, We As Americans, Mosh, Spend Some Time, Crazy In Love, Ricky Ticky Toc, Love You More, Never Enough, When I'm Gone, The Apple, Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Deja Vu, My Darling, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes, You're Never Over, Spacebound, Talkin To Myself, Almost Famous, Love The Way You Lie, Stronger Than I Was, Beautiful Pain, So Much Better, Legacy, The Monster, Headlights, Gut's Over Fear, Twisted, Fine Line, Phenominal, King's Never Die

Also has produced 90% of his music himself, sung the hooks on 95% of his songs himself

• Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie is getting ethered in this thread lol

Rakim and tupacs mom opinion on hip hop dont matter according to him!!

can we close this wierdo racist threads?

i think talking about ICP would be more normal at this point
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2015
    Options

Thanks man.....

He has more deep songs than any other mainstream rapper. Only a few rappers in history have more deep songs like Z-Ro, Bone Thugs, Kid Cudi

If I Had, Rock Bottom, The Way I Am, Stan, Marshall Mathers, Who Knew, Hailie's Song, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Cleaning Out My Closet, White America, Square Dance, Sing For The Moment, Till I Collapse, Soldier, Drips, Lose Yourself, 8 Mile Road, Rabbit Run, Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, We As Americans, Mosh, Spend Some Time, Crazy In Love, Ricky Ticky Toc, Love You More, Never Enough, When I'm Gone, The Apple, Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Deja Vu, My Darling, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes, You're Never Over, Spacebound, Talkin To Myself, Almost Famous, Love The Way You Lie, Stronger Than I Was, Beautiful Pain, So Much Better, Legacy, The Monster, Headlights, Gut's Over Fear, Twisted, Fine Line, Phenominal, King's Never Die

Also has produced 90% of his music himself, sung the hooks on 95% of his songs himself

Exactly, all that shows great talent. Songs like that require heart and intuition, most rappers are in it for the money but I can tell Eminem really cares about the craft, it reminds me of 2pac, Scarface, Jay's earlier days, and Bone Thugs like you said. Most mainstream rappers now don't make songs like that, it's the same ? about money, cars and clothes that everyone else makes. And mufuckas wonder why their records ain't selling like that. Fans appreciate the deep ? if there's good storytelling and emotion behind it, it's the same reason DMX got so much love back in the day.

I don't hear storytelling or deep songs like that in most rappers catalog nowadays, but I'm supposed to hate on Em lol. He's white but I'm not gonna ignore talent either, he's one of the GOATs. Outside of Lupe, Jay, Nas, Ghost and a few others, I don't hear dope stories and storytelling on the level of those songs.
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Options
    Eminem is like a soda that went flat. he started out strong and got worse as he was supposed to be progressing. Besides the first album, and maybe the D12 album I cringe when someone puts on his records. He cries about the same bs all the times, his commercial songs are corny af, he raps nonsense, the only reason ppl consider him this great is b/c he's like the only white rapper that stood the test of time. I guess as long as theres depressed ppl that wanna ? their loved ones and whatnot Em will be relevant but all that GOAT and RapGod talk needs to stop. Dude has zero versatility. It may seem like he does but dude raps about the same ? over and over again...I'd even take Paul Wall over that dude any day
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A legend.. Hell naw, not to no ? I know
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    Options
    OP still didn't explain what an rsp fan is
  • zzombie
    Options

ether your mother and her cheese infested ? you ? boys are living in a fantasy look at the ? poll
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options

ether your mother and her cheese infested ? you ? boys are living in a fantasy look at the ? poll

Its actually not that far off considering how much the IC hates Em lmao. Imagine if they made a poll for cats who dont politic about rap on the internet and dont let other people sway their taste in music because of what other people think(i have proof of this)
  • zzombie
    Options

Its actually not that far off considering how much the IC hates Em lmao. Imagine if they made a poll for cats who dont politic about rap on the internet and dont let other people sway their taste in music because of other fans(i have proof of this)

The poll would be much more against em if more people on the forum actually voted and if there was a way to exclude all the spics and the crackers pretending to be black. The question in this poll is for black people only not the whole universe.
  • Stew
    Options

Its actually not that far off considering how much the IC hates Em lmao. Imagine if they made a poll for cats who dont politic about rap on the internet and dont let other people sway their taste in music because of other fans(i have proof of this)

The poll would be much more against em if more people on the forum actually voted and if there was a way to exclude all the spics and the crackers pretending to be black. The question in this poll is for black people only not the whole universe.

Uses derogatory names towards other races but isn't biased, uh huh but That's what I meant all the black ppl in the world, you're crazy and delusional if you think it would end up the same as the IC lol. Back to this poll, Maybe u shld figure out a way to decipher the diff races who have voted. Hell, who knows u might not even be black. Have fun with that tho, im off to save the planet from hate. Peace
  • zzombie
    Options

Uses derogatory names towards other races but isn't biased, uh huh but That's what I meant all the black ppl in the world, you're crazy and delusional if you think it would end up the same as the IC lol. Back to this poll, Maybe u shld figure out a way to decipher the diff races who have voted. Hell, who knows u might not even be black. Have fun with that tho, im off to save the planet from hate. Peace

This is hip-hop ? ,? ,? are words that are used without people catching feelings. No It wouldn't end up like this poll because more people would be on my side and you are delusional if you think otherwise.

Anytime a black person says something harsh they get accused of hate. ? you. MLK tried to save the world from hate. Yet black people still get beat the ? up killed and oppressed.
  • Stew
    Options

This is hip-hop ? ,? ,? are words that are used without people catching feelings. No It wouldn't end up like this poll because more people would be on my side and you are delusional if you think otherwise.

Anytime a black person says something harsh they get accused of hate. ? you. MLK tried to save the world from hate. Yet black people still get beat the ? up killed and oppressed.

U can have your ? opinion about this too I guess but what the rest of that got to do with me saving the world from hate? Not a muhfuckin thing, quit ya chit chat cryin and man up ? or join the peace squad. ? lol
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was just calling Trick Daddy a legend and now in here saying Eminem ain't. Jesus.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem is talented but only reached his status bc of being white, a media hype, and being the protege of one of the most powerful black homos of the 21 century
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options

U can have your ? opinion about this too I guess but what the rest of that got to do with me saving the world from hate? Not a muhfuckin thing, quit ya chit chat cryin and man up ? or join the peace squad. ? lol

I don't join squads you want to save the world from hate first save your mother from the gang bang squad. And stop ? because I want to exclude spics and crackers from consideration
  • Stew
    Options

I don't join squads you want to save the world from hate first save your mother from the gang bang squad. And stop ? because I want to exclude spics and crackers from consideration

That was a good one! Did u come up with it by yourself?
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm not being disrespectful, but there are people furious because they believe Eminem is dead and has been replaced. Some of u may think this a joke or a satire people are saying because they feel he fell off. So let me explain detail.

Would u want someone making Money as u if u were dead? So people feel Eminem, sold a lot of records and when he died it was in secret. The media released this info then took it back. They are saying they didn't want the public to know because they wanted to still make money off his legacy. So some of his fans feel this is disrespectful if true.

The new em is always referring to his past self as crazy and drugged up. The old em was a radical truthful person that upset white America. They believed they replaced him to dim his radical image and make it seem like that wasn't his real self. So the new em looks zombish and more media controlled, so they saying he's been replaced with a look alike to redo Eminem legacy. To brainwash fans that his old ways was due to drug use.

I don't know if he's dead. But I can say more than him being sober has changed. If this is true, I think the real Eminem would want u to know thats not him

That's why u got these crusaders. They not against the old Eminem but they believe his career is being ? by the industry. They milking him in the grave.

I'm just observing. Unlike most people I'm not going to call it crazy.. But people should know its not hate toward Eminem when they say he died. They really believe he's dead. They not joking. Fans are furious..

Some people believe he was killed because he wanted out the Illuminati.. & that he knew he was going to be replaced so he was making songs always talking about a clone.
    Eminem - The Real Slim Shady (Uncensored): http://youtu.be/qp6mXmHNPlg

Eminem - Stan (Long Version) ft. Dido: http://youtu.be/gOMhN-hfMtY

In to answer thread yes Eminem is a legend. & I'm not posting this to be disrespectful or knock him.. It makes sense what they saying.. New Eminem can't remember old Eminem. He also looked puzzle when that man called him Marshall. He took 3 minutes to respond.

Let's be real old Eminem was never crazy and always was on point.