Is Eminem a considered a legend to black rsp fans

Options

Comments

• prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    Options
    he is a legend, but i can't say i agree with it. the fact that most of his album sales come from non hip hop listeners and he needed beef with pop stars always drove me crazy. i always meet ppl who say i dont listen to hip hop but em is the best ever... his albums don't age well, he cornered the market of white angry kids who needed an outlet to connect to. but listening to his albums they were funny but i never took them seriously. he doesn't speak no ? that matters to me and the environment i grew up in. he can rap his ass off, but so can royce, crooked, king los and a gang of other black rappers. they are just as talented but get 0 of the love he gets
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope sorry he is not legend . did his thing with his album sales but other then that
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    White people favorite rapper isnt even respected in the black community. The ic has spoken.

"Men lie women lie numbers dont"
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a difference be between "hottest rapper" and legendary rapper. Eminem was hot for a minute. He a dope lyricist. When u say legend, though, your music has to be timeless. Tell me which one of yall ? is bumping "my name is"??

He's a legend off of Stan alone he turned a name into a actually noun we all use.... And the song was hot...again I wouldn't call him a goat but to say he ain't a legend is hate
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a legend to crackers that's the consensus we can close the thread now.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? said which one of yall is bumpin "My Name Is" lmao Cant make this ? up.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    I only know one black person in real life that bought a Em CD.

lol i STOLE a bootleg cassette of marshall mathers lp..that was more than enough
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

u must live in the south. most south ? are too dumb to decipher lyrics and clever wordplay. they rather have Ross rehash the same lyrics over similar beats. they rather here wobbly wobbly ? that cash money be sayin. they rather hear silk the shocker rhyme like 2 different ? while both of them off beat. they rather listen to jay electronica drop nothing. the sad thing is south ? is waiting for jay elect to drop one album to call him a legend but u saying Em isnt?
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought Em's first three joints and rocked with him heavy in high school. After that though? Nah. He did have a real impact when he came on the scene with Dre, and his numbers are legendary. And as a lyricist, and a technical emcee, I'll give him that legend status. I just don't rate him as high as the rest of this white-washed world. I listen to Beastie Boys, Alchemist, Evidence, El-P and Mac Miller far more than Eminem at this point in my life, as far as white rappers are concerned.

I just don't care for his delivery and content the same way I did as a youth. It doesn't resonate with me -- even when he is talking about relatable subject matter. It's like, the presentation is off or sumin. I think I just outgrew his brand.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

u must live in the south. most south ? are too dumb to decipher lyrics and clever wordplay. they rather have Ross rehash the same lyrics over similar beats. they rather here wobbly wobbly ? that cash money be sayin. they rather hear silk the shocker rhyme like 2 different ? while both of them off beat. they rather listen to jay electronica drop nothing. the sad thing is south ? is waiting for jay elect to drop one album to call him a legend but u saying Em isnt?

oh ? here we go
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    @GunTown nobody gives af abt singing rappers in hip hop except u ?

Sn: saw fetty wap perform live without autotune ? was as terrible as ya posting

U don't get it and u never will

Because of the singing he has non hip-hop fans love his music too he's not your microwave rapper that just raps verses

He pushes boundries with singing, melodies, production

Eminem's fan base those who buy his records they do for artistc reasons his music connects to them

Why can't the IC accept black people get their souls touched by Pac records like Dear Mama, Brendas Got A Baby, Changes

And the rest of the world whites, arabs, asians, latinos especially females but of course dudes too get their sould touched by records like Hailie's Song, Mockingbird, Stronger Than I Was, Headlights

Him being so attractive to females also helps his record sales

In the white community if u are attractive to females, u make really catchy records with substance, u sing in a catchy way, u are melody driven of course u gonna be an icon in that community

U can tell a 15 year old white girl or a 15 year old white boy Eminem, Britney Spears, Justin Beiber, The Backsteet Boys, Kate Perrys music is wack, they can't sing blah blah but that won't change nothing to that white girl or white boy because their music is heavenly to them

It's like telling that same white girl and boy the show Friends is wack but they love that ?

Only black people who love catchy music that's got a lotta emphasis on melody and emotion will like Eminem's music and perhaps those who are not insecure

I just don't get it though i genuinley been lost because i know for a fact @DNB1 is a father and has a daughter yet he will say he don't relate to Hailie's Song, Mockingbird, When I'm Gone

No 1 will ever try have a convo with me about it and act like i'm the bad guy
  • GunTown
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @LikeWater I'll give u props u atleast explained yourself even though u were vague as hell

Rather than pretending like half his discography isn't relatable, deep, emotional, personal songs

U not insecure to admit he does have deep songs or troll like he doesn't

I just think if u a ? hip-hop fan u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs in a dark, gritty, ? way like how Nas, Scarface, 2pac, Joe Budden, Outkast, Wu Tang, Dead Prez, Public Enemy present it

Where as if u a music fan, a fan of catchy music u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs how Eminem, B.o.B, Drake, Kid Cudi, Kate Perry, Justin Beiber, Adele Micheal Jackson prersent it

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    @LikeWater I'll give u props u atleast explained yourself even though u were vague as hell

Rather than pretending like half his discography isn't relatable, deep, emotional, personal songs

I just think if u a ? hip-hop fan u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs in a dark, gritty, ? way like how Nas, Scarface, 2pac, Joe Budden, Outkast, Wu Tang, Dead Prez, Public Enemy present it

Where as if u a music fan, a fan of catchy music u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs how Eminem, B.o.B, Drake, Kid Cudi, Kate Perry, Justin Beiber, Adele Micheal Jackson prersent it

Shut upppppp u dont kno ? . Eminem ? is hard for black person to relate to . I think hes corny jus appeals to the crackaz. Dont ever compare pac to this craka again he ? up pa legacy wit that ? i kno that ? did it on purpose . U a ? wtf u kno bout hiphop
  • GunTown
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ovoCapo wrote: »

Shut upppppp u dont kno ? . Eminem ? is hard for black person to relate to . I think hes corny jus appeals to the crackaz. Dont ever compare pac to this craka again he ? up pa legacy wit that ? i kno that ? did it on purpose . U a ? wtf u kno bout hiphop

Not from Pakistan

Know more about hip-hop and music than u do

U a troll but i'll bite

So there's no blacks that are proud parents and love their kids like Eminem does? (Mockinbird, Hailie's Song, When I'm Gone)

There's no blacks that love their mothers like Eminem loves his and made a song dedicated to loving his? (Headlights)

There's no blacks that grew up in poverty in public housing/section 8 housing in the inner city? (Rock Bottom, 8 MIle Road, If I Had, Lose Yourself)

There's no blacks that grew up in a single parent home like Eminem did? (Sing For The Moment, Cleaqning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that ever been divorced, been cheated on, broken up with a partner? (Stronger Than I Was, Spacebound, Love You More, Crazy In Love)

There's no blacks that ever been through depression (Beautiful, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes)

There's no blacks that hate the system, opressive government (We As Americans, Mosh, Square Dance)

There's no blacks lost a friend in the streets (Like Toy Soldiers, You're Never Over, Difficult)

There's no blacks who ever caught a case and had issues with the law? (Soldier)

There's no blacks who ever ? bad ? (Superman, So Bad)

There's no blacks who over came drug addiction? (Not Afraid, Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Beautiful)

There's no blacks who ever had an argument and been kicked out by their mother? (Cleaning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that are motivated to make it to the top and escape their struggles? (Gut's Over Fear, Till I Collapse, King's Never Die, Lose Yourself)

• GunTown
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    He is a hip hop legend based on sales alone.

I'm personally not a fan, but I won't let my bias against him cloud reality.

Bang.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ovoCapo wrote: »

Not from Pakistan

Know more about hip-hop and music than u do

U a troll but i'll bite

So there's no blacks that are proud parents and love their kids like Eminem does? (Mockinbird, Hailie's Song, When I'm Gone)

There's no blacks that love their mothers like Eminem loves his and made a song dedicated to loving his? (Headlights)

There's no blacks that grew up in poverty in public housing/section 8 housing in the inner city? (Rock Bottom, 8 MIle Road, If I Had, Lose Yourself)

There's no blacks that grew up in a single parent home like Eminem did? (Sing For The Moment, Cleaqning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that ever been divorced, been cheated on, broken up with a partner? (Stronger Than I Was, Spacebound, Love You More, Crazy In Love)

There's no blacks that ever been through depression (Beautiful, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes)

There's no blacks that hate the system, opressive government (We As Americans, Mosh, Square Dance)

There's no blacks lost a friend in the streets (Like Toy Soldiers, You're Never Over, Difficult)

There's no blacks who ever caught a case and had issues with the law? (Soldier)

There's no blacks who ever ? bad ? (Superman, So Bad)

There's no blacks who over came drug addiction? (Not Afraid, Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Beautiful)

There's no blacks who ever had an argument and been kicked out by their mother? (Cleaning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that are motivated to make it to the top and escape their struggles? (Gut's Over Fear, Till I Collapse, King's Never Die, Lose Yourself)

It doesn't matter if the subject is relatable if the presentation doesn't resonate with the listener. I don't know what's so difficult about understanding that concept. It's rather rudimentary.

You Eminem zealots will forgo common sense and objectivity if someone doesn't hail him as a savior or some ? . Smh. It's annoying as ? and another reason we (black folks and hip-hop heads) don't like him -- because his fanbase truly is made up of stans.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Not a legend to black fans with no classic albums just dre beats to carry his career the best bars Em ever put out was in 8 mile and the movie was about him he couldnt lose. Lil Tic gave it to him and eminem choked they booed him off stage. Lil Tic >>>>> Eminem

"Rip the rabbit head off toss it to hugh hefner cuz i dont play boy now tell me who fresher" lil tic 8 mile

His best ? to me was on those Rawkus compilations.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't consider him a legend. I mean, dude can rap but his subject matter turned me off from the start and it's why I never really gave his albums a chance. He either rapping about some silly spittin in ya onion rings ? or he going on and on about his moms or gal. He can't sing either. I like rappers who sing and harmonize on the tracks, IE ? C, Krit, Z-Ro...but you gotta be able to at least carry a tune. If not, don't sing.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie gotta be one of the dumbest ? on the IC in a while

that Hermit life he be living, ? was listening to "my name is" when it dropped even

maybe he didnt get the education growing up to understand what a legend is, and his personal opinion doesnt matter. the public decides not him

• zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    zzombie gotta be one of the dumbest ? on the IC in a while

that Hermit life he be living, ? was listening to "my name is" when it dropped even

maybe he didnt get the education growing up to understand what a legend is, and his personal opinion doesnt matter. the public decides not him

The public ???? ? the ? public.
    The black hip-hop public doesn't consider the white boy to be a legend. End of ? story.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    A legend because of album sales? Judging from the poll black people and fans dont even buy or listen to his music so how do sales equate to legend status?

All hip hop legends i know have crews or record labels with rappers under them who ruled along their side and careers also took off. I dont see tht same characteristic in Eminem.

5. Snoop Dogg and Dogg Pound
    4. Jay-z and State Property
    3. Gucci Mane and 1017 Bricksquad
    2. Lil Wayne and Young Money
    1. 50 cent and G unit

• zzombie
    Options
    A hermit shuns human communication and community. What the ? would a hermit be doing on the ill community you dumb ? or even be doing on the internet period.